Main Forums > Living With HIV

starting with Meds today...what should I expect?

<< < (2/2)

blondbeauty:
Truvada is available in Europe. Or at least in Spain.

joemutt:
Traveler, I havent been on those drugs but I wish you the very best.

BeachNYC:
Hey Traveller:

There is absolutely nothing to fear! I was fearful, but soon found myself feeling empowered, finally taking steps to fight this invader. I'm on Truvada, Reyataz & Norvir, and I can honestly say that I have not noticed any side effects whatsoever. None. And I tend to have allergic reactions to virtually any drug. My doctor prescribed this regimen, knowing of my tendency to react, and it's been very easy to adjust to it. And, as you can see below, it's been remarkably effective, in just the few weeks I've been on it.

So take those pills with some confidence. They can do great things for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Robert 

Oscar:
I have been on the Reyataz, Norvir and Truvada combo since Dec 04. The only side effect I can say I've experienced is depression. I don't really consider that a side effect because I was depressed before I ever started that combination. Good luck with the new "cocktail".

Dan

traveler:
Hey everyone...thanks for the info and support.  Started yesterday and so far, so good.

Blondbeauty...yes..Truvada has been approved by some countries in the EC, but not all yet.  I live in the Netherlands, and Truvada is expected to be registered by the fall of this year.

Depression?  Hmmm, that makes me sad... ;)   No, well, I'm already on an antidepressant (Efexor XR) and I hear from my pharmacist that (hmmm, I forgot which one of the drugs in my cocktail) one of those actually increases the effectiveness of Efexor and that I should talk to my doctor about lowering the dosage because of it.  I think I'll just keep it as is and hope for the best.

Thanks again everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version