Main Forums > Living With HIV

How to you cope with stress?

(1/6) > >>

ndrew:
I am interested in hearing about how people cope with stress.  This has a HUGE impact in my health.  I am also interested in personal stories and coping strategies.

For instance, I had to (is there another way?) explode at a bank manager to get them to take action regarding a financial dispute with a hotel in Berlin that charged me many $$ for a room I canceled within the grace period.  We kept going in circles until I had to threaten closing my account and contacting an attorney.  Of course, all of my anger usually turns into a sinus infection... and it did.

Afternoon naps, lounging in bed with my cats and hot baths with Epsom salts and lavender oil are great for relaxing (I am considering buying Epsom salts by the case.)

How do you manage anger or stress?  What do you do to relax?

Jeffreyj:
Build yourself a nice, reliable support system. If you can talk to others about the daily HIV troubles, this will carry over into other aspects of your life, helping to make it a bit easier.
And pick your battles wisely. Don't bitch and sweat the small stuff.

fearless:
hey ndrew,

I meditate (not nearly enough), exercise (not nearly enough), snorkel (when it is warm enough), during the colder months yell at the opposition football team and the referee, smoke pot when I want/need to, and have a daily routine that I do not like intefered with. I find they all help to keep my stress levels down. Hot baths are wonderful too, but alas, I have no bath in my current house - it had been three long years since my last bath but my hotel in Thailand had a bath tub which I filled to the top with piping hot water and salts. Oh what a joy.

Steve

Eldon:
Hello Ndrew, it is Eldon. Jeff said it clearly and I agree that you should get yourself a good strong support system in place to cope with your stress. The forums is a great place to start. There are a lot of caring and understanding people here.

purplerain:
One of the things that helps me out in my time of need is Music.
It has saved my sanity more then once.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version