Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:16:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 220
Total: 222

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: how do I post a picture ? HELP ,please !  (Read 5827 times)

Offline weasel

how do I post a picture ? HELP ,please !
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:05 am »
I'm sort of dumb when it comes to these things !

would someone please let me know how to get a picture from my
picture file to here !
                                       thank you ,
                                                           Karl

edited to remove email address
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:09:08 am by Ann »
" Live and let Live "

Offline mjmel

Re: how do I post a picture ? HELP ,please !
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:02:29 pm »
#1. Current mode: you have hit the reply mode and constructed a reply........and now you want to post a picture (from your computer) below it. The method explained post pics below your reply but outside of the text box. It's the only way I know. There are other methods but I have not bothered to learn them.
#2. In the reply mode, note bolded words: Additional Options... below text box. Click on that and it'll give you options to post pics from your unit. Place your cursor in the space after Attach:, hit Browse button and find your way to your computers hiearchy (e.g. "My Pictures" in Microsoft). Note the limitations on size: 200 KB per attachment/up to 4 per post.
#3. You're not 'sort of dumb'. Just haven't been shown or learned this yet, that's all.  ;)
#4. Is this what you are searching for? If you are seeking 'how to' for uploading pictures/graphics from another site then someone else will have to tutor you in that one.
Give it a few tries if need be, and,  ask more questions if you get hung up or confused about the procedure.

Mike

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:24:29 pm »
To embed an inline image in a post (ie in the message itself) you should upload the picture you want to post to a image host like Photobucket. Google "free image hosting" to find a service, if you want something other than photobucket.

Then you take the link to image on photobucket (or other image hosting service of your choice) and enclose it in image tags like this:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.site.com/image.jpg[/img]
and voila your image should appear once you post the message.

:)

MtD

Offline weasel

Re: how do I post a picture ? HELP ,please !THANK YOU !
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 08:06:39 am »
THANK YOU  TO :
                           Bear60 , mike and Matty !

I have begun to fiquer it out !

I did get a picture on to replace my APPLE , now it's a picture of me and my RACOON , "MUFFLER "
 I am bottle feeding it in the picture ! He is now  13 weeks old , what a hand full !

I will have to find a picture that actually show ME !

thanks to you all

Karl

ps have to go give Muffler his morning  CHEETOES !
" Live and let Live "

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 08:11:05 am »
How about a better picture of Muffler? :)

Offline mjmel

Re: how do I post a picture ? HELP ,please !THANK YOU !
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 12:05:42 pm »
THANK YOU  TO :
                           Bear60 , mike and Matty !

I have begun to fiquer it out !

I did get a picture on to replace my APPLE , now it's a picture of me and my RACOON , "MUFFLER "
 I am bottle feeding it in the picture ! He is now  13 weeks old , what a hand full !

I will have to find a picture that actually show ME !

thanks to you all

Karl

ps have to go give Muffler his morning  CHEETOES !

In the late 80s, my brother and his wife rescued 3 adorable baby raccoons. I remember playing with them on several occassions and they truly were a delight and funny as hell with their antics. The 2 males and 1 female were bottle fed, then hand fed until juvenile age. Then the shit hit the fan when their harmones kicked in. Brother, they got downright aggressive with the bitting and scratching. So be ready. You may not believe such a thing can happen at this point because he's all lovey but wait a spell.
Keep an eye out for a place to release Muffler when he gets overly aggressive mode--behavior that's normal for the species. Someplace he can survive in the wild. Stream/river nearby.

Mike

Edited: Well, Karl, I read some of your previous post and realized where you live and that you know what you are doing with that coon.
Watch those bites and scratches.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:35:53 am by mjmel »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.