Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:20:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 231
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: For the state of Kansas...  (Read 3811 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
For the state of Kansas...
« on: March 16, 2007, 11:06:33 am »
I apologize on the behalf of all of us here in Kansas for having a douchebag such as Sam Brownback represent our state.  The good news is, this should completely eliminate him from actually winning the oval office.  (Not that he had a real chance anyway!)

PS
By the way I would TOTALLY move to Canada or join the dark lord in Australia if he wins!

WASHINGTON Mar 15, 2007 (AP)— Republican presidential candidate Sam Brownback is backing the Pentagon's top general over his remarks that homosexual acts are immoral. The Kansas senator planned to send a letter on Thursday to President Bush supporting Marine Gen. Peter Pace, who earlier this week likened homosexuality to adultery and said the military should not condone it by allowing gay personnel to serve openly.

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs also said in an interview with the Chicago Tribune: "I believe that homosexual acts between individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts. I do not believe the United States is well-served by a policy that says it is OK to be immoral in any way."

Lawmakers of both parties criticized the remarks, but Brownback's letter called the criticism "both unfair and unfortunate."

"We should not expect someone as qualified, accomplished and articulate as General Pace to lack personal views on important moral issues," Brownback said. "In fact, we should expect that anyone entrusted with such great responsibility will have strong moral views."

Asked whether he agreed with Pace's comments, Brownback said: "I do not believe being a homosexual is immoral, but I do believe homosexual acts are. I'm a Catholic and the church has clear teachings on this."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2954480

« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 11:09:26 am by ACinKC »
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
Re: For the state of Kansas...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:19:53 pm »
at least your not from Texas.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 12:31:49 pm »
Hey!  What's that suppose to mean?   >:(

;D

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:39:56 pm »
Yeah, dude, you ready to back that up?  or just back up? ;D

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 12:42:05 pm »
I guess it means you're not supposed to be true to yourself.

piss on him,

robert

Offline Ihavehope

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:49:19 pm »
Yeah, dude, you ready to back that up?  or just back up? ;D
Hey!  What's that suppose to mean?   >:(

;D

oh please don't throw hissy fits at me, you boys know what I mean.

It's all about the Bush, nothing against Texans..

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 12:58:07 pm »

Offline Ihavehope

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 01:06:08 pm »

oh no she didn't.

I apologized to the Texans.. If you want attitude, bring it on.

(lol)

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 02:39:59 pm »
A brownback can be a result of unfortunate anal sex incidents.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 06:44:50 pm »
A brownback can be a result of unfortunate anal sex incidents.

Eep!  Time for me to scat from this thread....it's making me down in the dumps.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.