Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:14:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 642
Total: 642

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Pics of Trip to Europe  (Read 5960 times)

Dan J.

Pics of Trip to Europe
« on: January 11, 2007, 09:32:21 am »
I haven't had very much time to post since I arrived home late Tuesday. Here are a few pics from Amsterdam. I will add more later when I have more time.

This first set is of me in a "coffee shop" in Amsterdam. LOL  I am such a bad boy!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dan J.

Re: Pics of Trip to Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:37:04 am »
LOL

I won't be showing these pics to my parents! hehehehehehehehehe

Hermie & I on the street.

Offline Lis

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 09:41:05 am »
you both look so happy!!!

I'm glad you had fun
poz 1986....

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 10:32:48 am »
My friend asked me to go with him to A'dam for a weekend. Being that I lived in the North and still retained some Dutch, plus we had many good adventures together in other places. He wanted to go to the first coffee shop he saw. I had to explain there good and bad ones. This had some English kids and small menu. It was dingy as well.  I took him him to a better coffee shop and with a better menu, ie chocolat bon bons- the only way to go.
I love it ! we had 2 kafes each and splt 2 plates of bon bons (6 all together) for the rest of the week end we were 4 feet off the ground and grinning like Cheshire cats!  I recomend chocalat bonbons to everyone!
I hope you went to a good coffe shop!
J
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 11:51:24 am »
was the weed any good?

Dan J.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 12:53:18 pm »
I bought a medium strength pre rolled joint. I should have spent the extra 3 euros and gone for the good stuff, but I didn't. I really just wanted to have the experience of going to a "coffee shop". We walked all over trying to find a nice one, sure are quite a few scarry ones there. LOL

Dan J.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 01:07:39 pm »
more pics

Dan J.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 01:09:34 pm »
more pics

« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 05:11:01 pm by Dan J. »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 03:59:52 pm »
Great pics Dan!  Did you have fun honey?  Tell us all about the trip.....
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Dan J.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 04:26:52 pm »
Damn! I had a long post all ready to put in the thread and accidentally deleted it. Shit!

I am still processing everything and will post more later. In the meantime here are a few more pics...

Dan J.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 05:02:38 pm »
I arrived in Brussels on the 27th @ 7:30 AM when I walked out of customs into the baggage claim area there was Hermie and Lola waiting for me. When I see this sweet man my heart skips a beat. Of course we hugged and kissed then hurried off to Knokke for some sleep. Some days Herman had to work so I helped clean the sauna between appointments. Herman showed me the nature reserve where  he walks the dog. It was beautiful. It's very windy there on the North Sea. One night the winds got up to 90mph. You can hear the wind whislte around the building. I miss that sound. Herman took me to Brugge & felt like I stepped back in time 400 years. It's a beautiful place. Went to a small town called Dammer it was very pretty & one of my favorite places we went. Dec 29 we went to Brussels & stayed in a very nice hotel just off the market square.  While we were there a light/music show was going on in the evening. The light s and music were syncronized while christmas images were projected on to the buildings.  Met up siang (Water Duck ) at a Thai resturant then we walked around the city just taking everything in.  the next day we met up with Siang again and did some shoping and more Thai food.  New Years eve was spent with Herman, Patrick, dirk & Patricks 15 year old son Heli. Dirk cooked a delicious meal for us. Dirk is a very sweet man & someone I love very very much.  (Patrick too)

I had an appointment with Dr. Bea, Hermans hiv doc in Gent.   She drew some  blood work & I should be getting the results soon. Met his homiopathic doctor, Elsa. She is an interesting person. She is going to help me find homiopathic doc here in Tn. I think we have them here, not sure.

Went Amsterdam and spent last Friday night with our dear Aase. Walked around the Red light district there, saw the flower market, did some souvenier shopping, ate at another Thai resturant. YUMMY! Saw the "girls in the window" while men negotiated the price for their sexual favors! That was weird. Not all those girls in the windows were real natural women. Scarry. Of course I had to go to one of the coffee shops and try some pot since it is legal there. I just smoked one sO I could say I went to Amsterdam and did it. That Saturday before we left met up with Coen (bobik). What a sweet soul he is.  He was just like I thought he would be. Very tall & handsome. Gosh I can't remember everything we did so much. What I will remember the most is just being with Herman & seeing what his day to day life is really like. We are taking it slow getting to know one another very well. I never thought that when I joined this forum that my life would change the way it has since Aug. Herman is the man I've waited for my entire life.  I want to spend every second of the rest of our lives with him. Some how some way we will figure something out. The weather is windy and rainy most of the time. One night the winds got up to 90 mph. I can still hear the wind whistle as it blew around the building. I miss that sound, but I miss being with Herman more. Hopefull after the business is sold he can come to TN sometime in the spring. I hope to go back to Belgium in June. Now it is my turn to take Hermie on a vacation in the U.S. He like nature so I have an idea of where I want to take him.  Ashville NC, Charlotte or maybe Savannah Ga then onto the "Redneck Riviera". I think he would enjoy that. Anyway, enjoy the pics I've got hundreds of them to go thru & will post more later.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 05:06:15 pm »
Hi Dan

Love the photo's...but I think I'm going to have to sit down have a little chat with you about "those" coffee shops... but tell me, do they actually still serve coffee there, or is that just a front.. ;)

I'm just glad you got the chance to be with Hermie..looks like you had a great time.

Hugs to you both
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Dan J.

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 05:08:58 pm »
Yes they actually sell coffee in those shops. But who goes to one of those for the drinks? NOT ME! LOL

:-*

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 05:43:44 pm »
You're just a very naughty boy... :D..but I love ya anyway.

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 07:06:19 pm »
Lovely, lovely. So good for the soul ... mmm ... Glad you got to spend time with Siang and Coen too. Do those "trannies in in the window" come with a disclaimer!?  :D LOL - I always assumed the window girls were all girls. Heh, you learn something new every day. Great pix

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 10:31:12 pm »
Next time, I'm hiding in your suitcase...You won't know the difference, I bet you packed a lot of stuff...I want some of that good green....Nice pics too, I love you guys..
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline fearless

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 10:59:58 pm »
hey Dan,

I can tell you had a good time, and not just smoking in Amsterdam. You look great in the pics. So relaxed, so enjoying yourself. Congratulations. You deserve.
And thanks to Hermie, and co, for looking after you.

Stephen
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 12:02:15 am »
I just am so happy for both of you...   

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 04:23:28 am »
Looks like you had a terrific trip!

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 10:56:41 am »
Hi Dan -  I am glad you've gotten to experience all this and that you continue to find happiness.  I wish you the best.  Thank you for sharing your life online!

Jason

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 10:31:56 am »
mm white wine

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 03:43:55 pm »
And Dan told me he never drinks.....

Well, I got him to appreciate a good glas of French Champagne and wine....When he was aksed weather he would like a glass of wine, his answer always was : sure......

Some more pictures of Dan...

Hermie

Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 09:36:36 am »
And Dan told me he never drinks.....

Well, I got him to appreciate a good glas of French Champagne and wine....When he was aksed weather he would like a glass of wine, his answer always was : sure......

:D LOL "Never" can be quite a flexible word when we want it to be!  :D

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 03:06:56 pm »
Great picture thanks for sharing with us. Love to see you smiling and enjoying life. I absolutely love the picture Amsterdam006. That would be a great computer wallpaper is that tulips?

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 05:00:51 pm »
Yes Jeff, these are tulips.... were like 15 US$ for 50....

And I have it as my wallpaper... it's great to open your pc and see this beautifull piece of nature

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.