Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:29:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773192
  • Total Topics: 66335
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 296
Total: 296

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Happy B'day Maddeuwch!  (Read 8372 times)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Happy B'day Maddeuwch!
« on: August 01, 2006, 02:47:09 pm »
Paul (Maddeuwch) from Scotland has a birthday on Wednesday, Aug 2.

Dear Paul,

I hope you have a great birthday, and many many more!   Oh, and I hope you are gaining or at least maintaining your weight, I know you have had issues with it the same as me.

Hugs,

Alan

"I am working on accepting myself unconditionally, with all the flaws and imperfections, and becoming comfortable with loving myself."
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
Re: Happy B'day Maddeuwch!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 03:11:56 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAUL

ENJOY YOUR CELEBRATION!

WISHING YOU ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD ;D

Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:21:46 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Nadine

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 03:37:20 pm »
Happy Birthday Paul

Have a wonderful day!  ;D

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 06:04:51 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL..I hope you have the best day.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 06:06:23 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!!

PAT
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 09:58:24 am »
Dear Paul,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Here's a toast to many, many more! (clink-clink)

HMMMM, I've always wanted to give birthday swats to someone in a kilt!  ;D

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 12:45:15 pm »
Happy Birthday Paul

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 06:59:03 pm »
Hey Paul,

Happy Birthday! Hope you're well and had a good one.

Ann

[attachment deleted by admin]
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 12:39:32 am »
Hello Paul, it is Eldon. I want to wish you a Happy Birthday and many more to come!

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 12:41:26 am »
Happy Birthday Paul and hope you had a great day.  ;)

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline joemutt

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 01:33:21 am »
Hi Paul Happy Birthday from JoeMutt, Enjoy this special day, and all the coming days  ;)

Offline maddeuwch

• Po callaf y dyn,anamlaf ei eiriau.
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 08:42:09 am »
Thanks everyone....sorry i'm so late replying but i've only just got my internet back.

ok...here's my update.

Hiv confirmation came at the wrong time....My GP was away for three weeks and the locum,although great,didn't have any experience of hiv...I couldn't get a hospital appointment for two weeks to find out my numbers..my mam was coming up from Wales to visit me and to see the local Highland Games the following week.....and because I had lost so much weight and was feeling really bad,I thought I had full blown AIDS already...Great holiday she was going to have....sun shining/pipers piping/tossers tossing/kilts a-flying etc etc.....She knew I wasn't well with the chronic shits,but had no idea of anything else apart from the fact I was feeling a bit low.Anyway,I sort of panicked when she phoned me from Carlisle and told he, and then gave her the option of turning back home.She told me not to worry and she'd come up to look after me for as long as I wanted because "I'm your mother"....I couldn't fucking believe it.I'd been stressing out so badly about it and she handled it just like she handles all the shit she's had to put up with for years.

I've been lucky to have been able to tell 3 people in the village and they have been incredibly supportive.I've no doubt the story will get out and the shit will hit the fan with a lot of the villagers but as long as i have the support of those 3 people i'll be ok.

My mam stayed for a couple of weeks during which i had my hospital appointment.My CD4 was 468 and 22%.I went home happier,but the diarrhoea continued.A week later I was admitted for nine days because it was so bad.At 6ft I'm only 68 kilos at my heaviest (my family are naturally skinny) but I was down to 59 kilos and quietly panicking,but the doc said my count was still ok at 462 and 29% and viral load was 11,000 and whatever it was,it wasn't hiv.Irritable Bowel Syndrome was diagnosed after radiology showed no infection and thyroid and other blood tests were neg.

I'm eating a lot better now and since i've come home i've gone up to 62 kilos....once i'm back up to 68 i'll be happy,but i know it'll take time because of my metabolism etc etc...i'm on mebeverine to control my bowels and they are better....yeee haaaa!!

I've moved house.....got a shitload of grief from work and social security etc etc,but i'm working through it...I'm trying to hike 3 miles a day and i do 30 press ups every morning and I suspect this unnaccustomed activity will kill me before hiv does.

Thanks for all your best wishes....I hope you're all well and smiley.

Paul.x
Po callaf y dyn,anamlaf ei eiriau...(i need to remember that sometimes)!

Offline maddeuwch

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 08:45:32 am »
Oh yeah....what a thoughtful e-card Ann....you obviously realise how obsessed we Welsh are about our language ;D!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 09:41:28 am »
Hi Paul, lovely to hear from you and with so much good news too!

And yes, after having spent some time in Holy Head, I know how you Welsh folks are about the language - and rightly so. But there was one time when my skipper, fellow crewman and I were in a pub with some Welsh-speakers when the landlord gave them hell - they had been talking about me in Welsh and speculating about just what a woman was doing as crew on a fishing boat. LOL We had been supplying the landlord and his family with fresh fish so he wasn't pleased about what was being said - right in front of me too, even though I couldn't understand a word. :D He made them all apologise in English hehehe!

Your numbers are looking good and will likely continue to improve. Numbers are always crap in primary infection but right themselves after a couple months, so hang in there and expect the best.

I'm so glad your mam is being supportive - and some neighbours too. It's so very important to have some face-to-face support and care. It sounds like you're doing very well, all things considered. You can get some very good books on handling IBS - not only diet-wise but head-wise too. Anxiety can really do a number on IBS - I know, I have it too. I use low doses of codeine to control mine because the anti-diarrhea meds do a number on my stomach.

Anyway, good to hear from you and I hope now that you're connected again, we'll be hearing more from you.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 10:38:20 am »
Happy birthday Paul! ;D
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline maddeuwch

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 12:31:41 pm »
Well,it's not exactly primary infection....it's coming up to a year now,but considering how bad i felt i was most surprised that it was in the 400's ;D

If I can get a couple of years without meds I'll be delighted,but we'll see how it goes.I got another appointment next thursday in Aberdeen so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hope everyone is doing great....that you have had luck finding your sister/Bucko is getting out of his dark place/Melia has got over the shingles/Sexy Alanbama (and all the Alans) is piling on the weight/Teresa and Hubby are going from strength to strength/Jeffreys 'Fuzeon Feet' are better....etc etc...

Paul.x

Offline Eldon

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 04:37:19 pm »
Hello Paul, and welcome back. It is good to hear that you now have things under control and you are doing much better. Eat, eat, and eat, drink plenty of fluids, and get plenty of rest also. Your CD4's sound great too.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.