Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:57:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 221
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: that's it  (Read 24242 times)

Offline water duck

Re: that's it
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006, 02:12:27 pm »
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{DAN}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Everything is going wrong because u let it & want IT.
NOW u need to LOOk at all these issues & say-now look here motherfuckers (oops did i say that) i have enough of u , & i want u out of my life, then u give them a bloody kick in the ass - voila  ;) ;)

U want to make more $$$ GO FOR IT ; u want your own appartment GO FOR IT
MAKE IT HAPPEN BABY don't expect to be served on a plate !!

Walt Disney said : Think AND it shall be SO.

Big Big Huuuug

Siang

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2006, 02:35:26 pm »
Hi Dan,

I'm very glad to read you're going back on to the meds. It takes courage and more to re-think a decision and to be open to changing your mind, especially about issues as important as you have been discussing.

When I read your initial entry I thought who the hell wouldn't get down and want to exit out of the multiple situations you described.

That stuff can be just so overwhelming and especially when you feel isolated with the circumstances and your thoughts and feelings.

So man! good for you that you're stepping back from the earlier decision and being willing to do so without the promise of immediate solutions at hand.

I won't be stupid enough to say it will all be good, but I absolutely know for sure that stuff is coming along the way that you're going to be real glad to be around for. You can hold me to that one.

Big cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2006, 02:44:48 pm »
Dan, dearest,

I've read this entire thread while holding my breath all the while. I've just exhaled as I've read your last post, about your will to believe that tomorrow will be better for you.

I'm here to tell you it will, and soon. I've returned home from my trip to the NIH filled with more hope than ever, you just have no idea.

I am amongst the many who value you here. You may not know this, as I have not expressed it before, but I hold you in my mind and heart with every stick of the needle in my arm as I donate blood or cells to the research studies. I see your face in my mind each and every time, I swear to God.

It's important to let you know that you are definitely part of the inspiration I feel when I'm in these clinics, Dan. If I lose you, the void your absence will create won't ever be filled by another.

With love,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2006, 05:38:03 pm »
One BIG hug for you, Dan, that's all I can think of to say now. I hope you will find the strength to search and find happiness.

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2006, 06:03:14 pm »
I wish you all the joy and happiness in the world....

MUAH,
I LOVE YOU DANNY BOY  ;D :D ;) :)
Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline Teresa

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2006, 07:31:49 pm »
So glad you are starting your meds again! Takes alot of courage to decide to go on.

Love ya

BIG HUGS
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline jyngfilm

• AHH! I knew it, Betty had balls
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2006, 08:40:45 pm »
Oh, todays post is much better, I like you more today than Monday. No... you dont know me, I just joined in Feb. But I bet I've read some of your posts, and I bet I've learned something from you. My intuition tells me I could learn more from you....if, of course, you're here to tell me. While I wont be going to Montreal I hope you will.....go see your friends. Do you need money? I bet most peeps here would contribute towards a ticket. I would.
Peace ~Jordon
munchausen by proxy is not an out in my case

Offline Robert

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2006, 11:39:11 pm »
Hi Dan.

As you can see, the people here love you and respect you.  We are reaching out to you to help you.  But there is only so much we can do.  As siang says,

Everything is going wrong because u let it & want IT.
NOW u need to LOOk at all these issues & say-now look here motherfuckers ... i have enough of u , & i want u out of my life, then u give them a bloody kick in the ass - voila   

MAKE IT HAPPEN BABY don't expect to be served on a plate !!

You say the job isn't working out?  Well, don't be so negative.  Make it work.  You say you can't replace Oscar?  Why not?  Just like your + friends here at Aidsmeds who love you, they're are so many of our furry friends out here you would love to share YOUR LOVE. 

You've opened up your life to us.  Now open it to yourself.  Be good to yourself.  Be positive.  Don't dwell on the negative.

Take some small steps.  Don't deny yourself.  Reward yourself.  Take a walk.  Buy yourself some new clothes.  Eat some ice cream.  It's be-nice-to-Dan-day.

robert
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 11:48:31 pm by Robert »

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2006, 07:31:58 pm »
First let me say that I abhor 'comfort sayings.'  You know...the "Everything will work out" type of thing...which to me is dismissive of both the person and their problems.  So I'm certainly not trying to do that here.

In my own case, most of my challenges are things over which I have no real influence or control.  So, then, what can I do?  To the extent possible (and it's not infinite) I try to adjust...accept...and change my reaction to things.  I do this because I have learned to love myself...and I feel this is as close a key as exists to grappling with the disappointments and frustrations which would not exist were I not HIV symptomatic. 

Hope in some small way this may help.

Gary

Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.