Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:59:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 499
Total: 499

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: DRUNK HOOK UP IN MIAMI  (Read 3874 times)

Offline petrified

DRUNK HOOK UP IN MIAMI
« on: July 04, 2007, 05:33:18 pm »
Here is what happened early May I went to Miami and visited my friend there.  I got drunk at the club made some stupid choices and I am very scared about the possible outcome.  I was introduced to this guy at the club by my friend we went back to his place and well we didn't make it to his room and I barebacked him in the stairwell of his building.  I never cam and pulled out when I noticed he was extremely dirty down there. let's just say he hadn't used the facility before he went out.  I stopped and we went back to his place and I washed up.  I asked the guy if he was clean and he told me he was.  I was tested early June for STDs and HIV.  The test came back negative for HIV but positive for Syphilis.  Around the same time I developed a bad cough that has persisted for over a month and I just noticed a white puss nodule in my mouth last week which has since went away.

Should I be worrying here?

Last night I had a dream that my bestfriend and doctor told me I was positive.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Re: DRUNK HOOK UP IN MIAMI
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 06:11:21 pm »
Pet-

It is no one's business but your own to keep yourself negative and healthy. Whatever he may say (and/or actually believe), only you can maintain your negative status.

BTW- we do not use "clean" around here when meaning negative or healthy. I shower all the time and am clean as a whistle, even though I've been poz forever.

You need to test 13 weeks after the last unprotected encounter to verify that your escapade in the stairwell hasn't resulted in your seroconversion.

Brent
(who thinks "clean" applies more to poopchutes than blood tests)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:23:17 am »
Pet, along with seconding what Bucko has told you, I want to say that it's a huge red flag to me when I read that you were drinking excessively and having casual sex.

I can't count how many guys I know, both tops and bottoms, who have become infected because they got drunk or stoned and had unprotected sex. It's a mighty dangerous combination.

Hopefully you will scoot by safely this time and test negative at 13 weeks. But you can't count on that happening everytime, even if you are topping someone. So condoms for intercourse are a must. Everytime. No exceptions. Period.

Good luck with your test.
Andy Velez

Offline petrified

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:44:58 am »
I DEFINATELY HAVE LEARNED THIS INVALUABLE LESSON AND HAVE BEGUN PRACTICING IT.  LAST NIGHT WAS THE FIRST NIGHT I GOT A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP IN A LONG TIME.  I GO IN FOR MY STD FOLLOW UP BLOOD TEST TODAY.

IT WAS VERY STUPID AND IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 11:59:17 am »
Pet-

Stupid? I'd go with unwise and risky. But beating yourself up over a drunken hook-up is pretty futile.

You may not believe this now, but sex without chemicals/booze is actually more enjoyable as well as less risky.

Keep us updated on the testing, I'll follow along as best as I can from Ft Lauderdale, OK?

Brent
(Who cares)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.