HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Really Concerend. Please Help!

(1/1)

akhads:
I was visiting a friend and did something very wrong which I am regretting right now.  We both went to a massage parlor on 2nd June 2009.  I had a massage and then protected Sex (condoms were from the massage center, so not sure if they were good or bad) & protected Oral sex.  

On 6th June my whole body started itching badly (face, neck, chest, abdomen).  I got really worried and started reading the threads.  I saw a thread which read "The itching usually starts about 5 days after a person contacts the infection. ... Although less probable"

I also went to a Club on 5th night with the same friend (which was my very first time to a club/disc).  Could that be a cause of the smoky environment? I spoke to my friend about my condition and regretfully he is having the same symptoms.  

Every time my body itches, the more I think about it, the more depressed I get.  I tried not to think about it, but for some reason I can’t control my mind/heart.  

Am I infected by HIV?

Ann:
ak,

You didn't do anything wrong, in fact you did exactly the right thing and used a condom for intercourse. Sex workers use condoms to protect themselves, NOT you, so they're not going to use condoms that aren't good ones.

NOTHING you did or had done to you was a risk for hiv infection.

And I don't care what you read elsewhere, but itching is NOT a symptom of hiv infection. If you're worried about your itching, you'll have to see a doctor. We cannot and will not speculate as to its cause. We will not discuss symptoms here.

Along with reading the Transmission Lesson linked to in our Welcome Thread, here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THIS MASSAGE PARLOUR INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infectionl. It really is that simple!

Ann

akhads:
I've been really quite and tried keeping my mind off this subject.  But It has been almost 2 months and 8 days since I had been the the Massage parlor. From Last one month I have noticed a red mark on my penis head. It does not hurt but it does not go away.  The itchiness has improved but not gone away.  Last night I noticed a red scar (probably rash) just beside my  armpit. i would confess that I've not been to the doctor to check, cuz I am really really scared and the part of the world I'm in means trouble if the test is positive.  I've also noticed shortness of breath while climbing the stairs.  Do you think I am in trouble?

RapidRod:
You were never at risk. Move along..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version