Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:46:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 359
Total: 361

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Reactive unigold rapid, then three negatives  (Read 7866 times)

Offline SCARED2483

Reactive unigold rapid, then three negatives
« on: August 05, 2007, 10:03:34 pm »
Hello....as you have seen the subject of this message. I am scared..very scared.  Last night, i made a big mistake.   You may reply and say that this is a low risk encounter, but i need the reassurance.  I received unprotected oral sex from a man who i believe may be HIV +.  I am male.  I'm so stupid.  I shouldnt have gone to meet him.  He said he was negative and assured me that i had nothing to worry about.  but i shouldnt have believed him. I met him online and went to his hotel room.  I just wanted to get a blow job from someone, and now i'm regretting it.  How soon can i take a PCR test?  this encounter of unprotected oral sex lasted about 45 seconds.  i dont remember being deep throated and i dont remember seeing any blood.  i'm terrified that he may have been hiv+, and if so, he may have got some of his virus into my urethra.  shortly after he stopped performing the oral sex on me, i masterbated myself to come.  Can you please tell me what my risk is?  Should i be as worried as I am?  again..How soon should i get a PCR test? please help
thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: I am scared to death..PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 12:27:24 am »
You absolutely should not get a PCR test done. PCR testing is not approved for HIV diagnosis because it has an unacceptably high rate of false positives. PCR testing is used to monitor HIV disease progression and treatment efficacy in the people who have been diagnosed as HIV positive.

And that's not going to happen to you. You simply cannot catch HIV from receiving a blowjob. The fact that this fellow may be HIV positive is entirely beside the point. though I have to say I've got no idea why you'd think he was HIV positive.

If you read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our testing and transmission lessons you'll learn that HIV is spread by:

• Unprotected anal sex
  • Unprotected vaginal sex
  • Sharing contaminated injecting equipment such as needles and syringes
  • In some cases from HIV positive mother to unborn child

This is not a low risk situation it's a no risk situation.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:32:51 am »
Just as a ps to Matty's comments I want to add that in the entire history of the epidemic there's never been a documented case of transmission to a guy from his getting a blowjob.

It's safe to say that you're not going to make history by becoming the first. Really.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline SCARED2483

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 11:12:18 pm »
i appreciate your reassurance, although my mind will constantly wander into "i am HIV+" mode.  only a test will take my worries away.  I dont want to get on your nerves here, as i see you get these kinds of questions all the time,
but:  can you tell me a little about the urethra (male)?  is it lined with mucous membranes that can accept HIV?  would precum coming out of my penis flush any possible HIV out if I were exposed? 

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 12:15:45 am »
Scared-

Saliva contains enzymes that inhibit the virus. A mouth might be just cozy for your dick but it's a highly unwelcoming place for HIV.

You were not at risk, no matter what tricks your fears might be playing. Please trust us, we are here to help you.

Brent
(Who knows risk)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline SCARED2483

Please hear me out on this
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 07:13:25 pm »
Hello...I am 24, gay, male.  I am going to admit right now...  I am a whore.  I sleep around.  I have a high sex drive, and I cannot resist men.  I am always very cautious in my 'hookups', but my overwhelming fear of HIV has me in constant turmoil, wondering if i'm infected, and often times convincing myself that i'm postiive.  I do not bottom. I do not swallow semen (rarely will I even suck a man).  When i 'top', i always wear a condom.  I always ask my sex partners their HIV status, and when the last time they were tested was.  Despite my very 'safe' sexual practices, i still worry.  I engaged in 'rimming' this past Thursday with another man.  Is there a possible risk of HIV transmission from 'rimming' (licking another man's anus)?  I have heard people say that there is no risk, but i need to hear it again.  There was no visible or tasteable blood.  I spit a lot on the area and did not swallow anything during that time, i spit a lot.  i rinsed my mouth out with listerine afterwards.  This guy said he was negative.   What are the risks of contracting HIV from rimming someone?  Can you please help?

Offline RapidRod

Re: Please hear me out on this
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 07:31:27 pm »
No risk in contracting HIV but there are a lot of other things you can contract.

Offline SCARED2483

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:34:42 pm »
a case of the clap, syphillis, warts, even Hep A and even....Herpes  do not scare me.  they wont kill me.  they wont ruin my life.   I'm just scared about HIV.  thanks for your quick response Rod.  i appreciate it. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 07:42:01 pm »
scared,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

I am always very cautious in my 'hookups', but my overwhelming fear of HIV has me in constant turmoil, wondering if i'm infected, and often times convincing myself that i'm postiive.

From the sounds of it, you've never been tested for hiv. As a sexually active adult, you should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

From what you describe of your sexual practices, I would fully expect you to test negative. Stop living with this big cloud over your head. Go test and make it a yearly routine, like going to the dentist.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 07:17:08 pm »
Scared,

You've been asked several times now to read the Welcome thread and the posting guidelines listed there. I've had to delete two posts of yours so far and a third one will earn you a time out. You're lucky I haven't already timed you out for the post you left in the Living with forum. And by the way, it wasn't, by any stretch of the imagination, a valid point.

Stay here in your own thread or face the consequences. I'm not playing with you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline SCARED2483

Reactive unigold rapid, then three negatives
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 06:11:14 pm »
Hi,
Monday afternoon, i took a routine rapid hiv antibody test at the local clinic. The result was reactive. My heart sank into my stomach and i felt lightheaded and nautious. how could this be happening? while they were  re-testing my blood (without my knowledge), they gave me an oraquick test, saying that there was just a delay in the lab and that they'd test me right there and 'get me out of there'. the oraquick came back clearly negative. I was somewhat relieved only because the counselor told me that he thinks the reactive result is wrong, and the oraquick result is right. (could he just be saying that to keep my head up?). he advised me to go to a different clinic and get a different test from a different "batch". I did. I received TWO NEGATIVE rapid results there.  i left that clinic relieved. now i'm back in this depressed, extremely anxious state. could i have contracted it in the last few months?
I'm going out of my mind here. I hope to God this is a false positive. I am a homosexual male, 26, and havent had unprotected intercourse with any man (or woman). i've received a lot of oral sex. i know that those are said to be "zero" risk for HIV transmission, but i have this 'reactive' result weighing on me.
The counselor showed me the test and the control was a stark red line and the test line was far less pronounced, light pink. i think they called it a 'faint reactive', but still reactive. can someone give me some down to earth straight talk? i'm waiting on the WB confirmation from that initial test. they told me the results will be available friday at the earliest, or probably monday or tuesday.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Reactive unigold rapid, then three negatives
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 07:26:59 pm »
Scared,

I removed your post from the I Just Tested Poz forum and merged it with your original thread here in the Am I Infected forum. You've been asked in the past to read our Welcome Thread  and abide by our posting rules - including keeping your posts in your original thread.

The good news is that you do NOT have hiv. No surprise there, as nothing you report was a risk for hiv infection.

If you were poz, all of your tests would have come back poz. The one that "sorta" did (faint reactive) was obviously a false positive. They can and do happen on the rapid tests.

Keep using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will continue to avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline SCARED2483

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 01:33:29 am »
well thank you Ann. you seem to put me in check all the time about which forum i should be posting in. sorry if i upset you. i have every reason to think i'm negative. but i cant disregard that "faint reactive". hopefully that goofy clinic didnt f up my blood, and the western blot will come back negative, as it should considering my risk factor. lets hope i have just had a "false positive" experience here and nothing more. and if i do become positive, shiiiitt, i wanna be friends with ppl on here. i'll need you guys. again, sorry if i offend you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 05:15:48 am »
Scared,

You didn't offend me, I just want you to abide by our posting rules and post in the correct place.

There's no way your WB is going to come back anything other than negative. As I said earlier, if your first result was correct, the rest of the rapid tests you took would have also come back with positive results. They didn't. You don't have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.