Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:13:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Road Paved With Good Intentions  (Read 23884 times)

Offline Eldon

Re: A Road Paved With Good Intentions
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2006, 01:26:08 am »
Hey Drew...

Thanks A Million.

Happy Holidays!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2006, 01:49:34 am »
   ;D

Terry,

Your going to burn in hell boy... especially since you picked a Sunday to unleash such hatred on Eldon..

Eldon:  Don't divert your message my friend.  They are here, they are there...  Eldon they need you, they need to hear you...  you are like the bread that Jesus gave and you must feed them...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:56:01 am by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2006, 02:02:47 am »

Eldon,

Perhaps another topic and thread is necessary..  Maybe a part II?

Offline Eldon

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2006, 02:14:37 am »
Hey Tom...

Perhaps.

Happy Holidays!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2006, 09:32:43 am »
    Eldon,

umm, well, I have a better idea. the worrywells in the AM I INFECTED forum need lots of help, and Eldon loves helping .... 2+2=4 ... Just saying!  :D

Offline gerry

• Joined AM Feb 2003
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2006, 09:40:49 am »
Eldon,

No, no, no. No part II please! It's hard enough to digest what you are trying to say as it is, Eldon.  And that is not an attack.  It's an opinion.  Perhaps I'm dense.  I'm still waiting for your clarification.  Or even Lucinda's for that matter.

You did say that "After you have finished reading this topic, I also ask that each and every one of you to submit your views on what was read in this topic."

I already gave you my opinion about the one concerning feeling/thought.  I am still not clear how your "facts" fit in the realm of mental illness.  Are you saying that for people suffering from untreated mental illness, their brains are filled with "imagined happening" that they cannot distinguish from "real happening" and for as long as that's the case they will remain pathologic since "your brain has no choice but to believe what you tell it?"

Offline gerry

• Joined AM Feb 2003
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2006, 10:23:05 am »
"A fact: The brain cannot distinguish between a real happening and an imagined happening."

Media effects research may actually support this (in other words when you are watching a horror movie, which you know is not "real" you have an elevated heart rate, etc., the media effects your psycho-physiology, also think about how you react physiologically to content in your dreams.)

Drew

So doesn't this contradict the first "fact" that "you decide how you feel?"  If you are describing a "feeling" that is generated by watching the horror movie that creates certain measurable psychophysiologic effect, then that really wasn't something you "decided" on then the way it is being described here.  Sure you decided to watch the movie, but how it affected you and generated that feeling was not something you decided on.  Eldon?

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2006, 12:03:02 pm »

cph,

Lighten up. It was a joke. Jezzzz!  ;D

Scientology? Tom Cruise? Healing mental illness without drugs? Natural childbirth?

Besides were building on Eldon's popularity and him creating more threads of babble.  :'(

Offline cph9680

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2006, 04:10:02 pm »
Terry...

What can I say?  I must admire a man who creates a new religion for the sole purpose of making John Travolta and Tom Cruise look even more retarded than they already are  ;D

Corey
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 04:12:00 pm by cph9680 »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2006, 07:36:41 pm »
Hey Alex...

Perhaps that is a good suggestion as well to HELP the others in the AM I IMFECTED forum. Your suggestion has been noted.

Hey Gerry...

Your opinion has been noted just as well. As soon as a clarification is provided I will share this with you and the rest of the group. Hang in there Gerry a clarification is on its way.

Hey Terry...

Lighten up on the fellow, would ya? He is just making his own opinion just as well.

Hey Corey...

I ADMIRE your postion just as well.

Happy Holidays!

Offline dad1216

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2006, 08:20:04 pm »
http://www.stresscenter.com/

This is Lucinda...

It won't take long before you see where Eldon is getting his info....

I mean now he making us wait for answers until he finds/clears it from her, or get re-enforcements from their forum....do you think he has a direct phone line?

I see the agenda, and so have a few others.

23 years HIV+ (Oct 88)
11 years AIDS (March 00)

CD4=83  VL=47,000  (May 2011)
CD4=63  VL=78,470  (Oct 2010)
Prezista..Norvir..Truvada

Offline Eldon

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2006, 08:31:47 pm »
Hey Dad...

It is a source. I have experienced the positive outcome from the program. What we are discussing is a matter of clarification. In fact, clarification is good.

That should tell you a lot about me. If I am not clear or uncertain, rather than just saying anything, don't you think it is better to find out the clarification from someone who has more expertise in this area? After all this is a direct result from studying to further your knowledge.

Again. no motives. Just to HELP where there is a possibility.

Your inquiry has been noted.

Happy Holidays!

PS That was disclosed in the SAD thread. Where have you been Dad? Fishing?

Offline dad1216

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2006, 08:47:53 pm »
PS That was disclosed in the SAD thread. Where have you been Dad? Fishing?

How could I go fishing with such a shark in the waters.......

23 years HIV+ (Oct 88)
11 years AIDS (March 00)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2006, 08:59:35 pm »
If this continues we might as well change the Living With HIV forum to Living With Eldon.

I don't know if I would call it an agenda, but as I stated in another post I find it disingenuous not to inform members that it costs moolah to practice what Lucinda preaches. I also find it intellectually dishonest to claim others "research" as your own.

I'm  amused when someone proclaims to be a self-professed "fountain of knowledge," because of 1500+ posts. If you have to point that out, well you know what I am saying. Heck, half the posts are the standard, happy birthday, get well, good luck, cute picture of your dog, cat, penis ring, etc. type of posts. Polite yes...knowledgeable no.

I hesitate to bring this up, but since you referenced it I will too. I hate to break it to you but your writing would receive a failing grade in any remedial English class given at any two-bit community college. It is so difficult to read.

I know I am guilty of prolonging this agony...but I had to get it off my chest.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2006, 09:01:44 pm »

Quick Jim...  Oooops I mean Eldon give them the punch before they try to leave!!!

Offline Eldon

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2006, 09:03:20 pm »
Hey Dad...

A shark? Explain yourself.

Happy Holidays?

Offline dad1216

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2006, 09:17:23 pm »
A shark? Explain yourself.

Don't think you can bait me.....

23 years HIV+ (Oct 88)
11 years AIDS (March 00)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2006, 09:34:40 pm »
Hey Hal...

I am surprised at you. A man who has walked along on his journey in this life after all of these years and you are acting in this sort of fashion. We are suppose to be able to look up to you for some good advice that can, may, or will help us.

Again, as you have stated above, it is a matter of your perception. In fact, the very information is being shared to the other members at no charge. Would you please quit trying to take this out of its perspective. No one has asked for a dime and it is not the intent that you perceive it to be. Look at the big picture Hal. It is about helping others.

In fact, your perception is off when it comes to this. How do you define research Hal? Let me help you here since you seem to be unclear with this...

What is Research?

1: careful or diligent search

2: studious inquiry or examination; especially: investigation or experimentation aimed at the discovery and interpretation of facts, revision of accepted theories or laws in the light of new facts, or practical application of such new or revised theories or laws

3: the collecting of information about a particular subject

Now Hal, that I have made it clear to you what research is, perhaps it may change your perception. In fact, if it was an act of collecting information about a particular subject, on my part, is that not the definition of research? The last time I checked in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, it is.

As far as the posts are concerned Hal, I am not even going to entertain that "thought" that you have provided to us. That is in your opinion regarding the content of my post. This is not a review on someone who is helping others.

If you spent half of your time helping others Hal, then you would not have the time to even come up with these "thoughts" of yours as a direct result of making the attempt to detour this message from the original topic.

Again, let us please keep this on topic. It is NOT about me. It is about helping others. If you should have any other suggestions on Stress, Anxiety, and Depression, then by all means please do share this with us so that it may help the others who may be in this particular situation.

Happy Holidays!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2006, 09:43:51 pm »

Eldon I think that has been Hal's problem all along, he did not know what research was!   

Just to add a more concise Webster's version:

Careful, systematic, patient study and investigation in some field of knowledge, undertaken to discover or establish facts or principles.

I manually added it by the way!  No cut and paste here buddy!

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2006, 10:14:31 pm »

>:(
Now shame on you Hal for saying such awful things like that to Eldon.  ;D

Just because there are us poor dumd folks that neva hud git an iducation cus we hada mak us a livin.  :-\

But on a more serious side, if I, personally, were ever afraid to post my opinion here in this forum because of the lack of any formal education, degree or diploma, well, then, I would never have made it this far in my life and have been as successful (Financially) as I have been.  ::) ::) ::)

Eldon, at the next AIDSmeds.com board of directors meeting (Which I assume you must chair)  >:( will you be requesting that Peter, Regan, Tim, Ann and Andy give you supreme control over the ins and out’s of this forum??? 

I take back what I said about you earlier. (That I didn’t like you.) I’m now finding you somewhat entertaining/amusing.  ;D If it were not for the fact that some of the people that listen to you B.S. (Newbies) might be in serious emotional jeopardy from your simplistic theories. This makes you, in my opinion, a very dangerous person.

Now sit right down and type some positive love back to me. I so need your grace bestowed upon me.  :-* :-* :-*

Why does the word FREAK keep popping up in my mind? Maybe Lucinda, Shanti, or L. Ron Hubbard will come up with the answer. And how many ISP do you use here at AIDSmeds???

PS. To Thomas. Are you doing drugs again? Not a good thing. Especially where your children are concerned. I thought you had been working on getting your act together! Seems like your back on the skids again. Posting pictures of your children and your not even paying  for or feeding/supporting them? Shame on you. Big time shame on you. Any father that does not support their children is the lowest of the low in my opinion.   >:(

PPS. Dad, I think you might be scaring Eldon. He’s the kind of fish that you throw back in because they’re too small.  :D

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2006, 10:18:52 pm »
This thread is weird. I don't doubt for a second that Eldon is trying to help people. However, this 'help' appears to be dividing the forum. Is this what is required here? Is this the sort of 'help' that we are currently dishing out in Iraq?

Come on guys, get over this and move on. If Eldon wants to help people, then that's cool. Lets not snowball this into something that will ultimately drive people away from this forum with fighting.

Just a thought.

R

(I know, I'll bugger off now)
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2006, 10:33:41 pm »

R,

If your HIV research/science is as astute as your observation of Eldon's intentions, well then Crap!

Just My thought.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2006, 10:34:47 pm »
   Very nice Terry...  

You've taken my very complicated problem and just kind of twisted it into it's most simplistic form!   Yep your right ;D

Don't be jealous...  You could not be half the father I am. ;D

Thomas

« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:44:19 pm by skeebo1969 »

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2006, 10:44:34 pm »
No, I think the assessment of this is correct. I don't doubt that Eldon is trying to help. Fact is, that it doesn't appear to be doing so but rather it is having the opposite effect.

R
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2006, 10:47:07 pm »
Haven't you guys tired of this pissing match yet? I know I have.

I'm locking it before it starts to catch fire.

And don't any of you start a new thread to pick up where this one leaves off.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2006, 01:41:30 pm »
PS. To Thomas. Are you doing drugs again? Not a good thing. Especially where your children are concerned. I thought you had been working on getting your act together! Seems like your back on the skids again. Posting pictures of your children and your not even paying  for or feeding/supporting them? Shame on you. Big time shame on you. Any father that does not support their children is the lowest of the low in my opinion.   >:(

Terry:

Why, exactly, did you feel the need to stoop to this level -- an intensely personal attack -- in this thread?  Pretty disgusting, actually. 

Consider this an official warning.  Next time, it's straight to Time Out.

Tim Horn

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.