Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:21:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 455
Total: 457

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: South Carolina House votes to cut all HIV/AIDS funding  (Read 55503 times)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: South Carolina House votes to cut all HIV/AIDS funding
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2010, 12:05:41 am »
You've been guilty of thread hijacks yourself, so calm down.
Go dig up a thread for me where I totally hijacked it away from the OP's topic for more than 3 posts, some thing more substantial than just off-handed comments or responses to people in that thread, and then you can stand on your soap box about me hijacking threads. The hijack in this thread was a whole other thread for heaven's sake. And I wasn't the only one to notice and comment on that either.

I knew my little diatribe either might have ruffled up some feathers; but I am really surprised that a moderator is attacking me, when all I was trying to do was to get this thread back onto it's serious topic and send the other discussion back to it's original thread. Isn't that supposed to be your job?
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline blackwingbear

• Hello, all you happy people....
    • THE DARK MIND OF BLACKWINGBEAR
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2010, 12:07:14 am »
Hope you had a happy birthday, Mike...  :-*
It's all a sham. Politics is a big game, same as the media - and same as religion. The point is to distract & control. If we're looking at what they tell us is the "big issue", we're not looking at what they are doing. In time, there will be different causes and different minorities to pick-on. All in the name of keeping the system going, and the people distracted.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2010, 12:14:39 am »
Happy Birthday Mikie  :-*
Hope you had a happy birthday, Mike...  :-*
hey guys, normally I'd say thanks and we'd go back to talking about the OT, but since I've made an issue about hijacking in this thread, please don't hijack this to wish me a Happy Bday. There's a March Birthday thread for that. ;) Thanks for your understanding in this matter. (and thanks for the bday wishes too!  ;D)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2010, 12:20:20 am »

Oh wow, didn't see all this happening. I wonder if I should go edit that post in Off Topic.  Shiznit, this is what I get for being an impulsive SOB.  All I know is it sucks being angry on your B-day Mikie...  All you people wishing Mikie happy B-day need to quit hijacking this thread.  We have a B-day thread for that kind of stuff...

Since you guys are straying off topic can I say something to Lord in this thread?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2010, 12:31:33 am »
   Since you guys are straying off topic can I say something to Lord in this thread?

I'm listening.

MtD

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2010, 01:05:38 am »

I was wondering if he could get me one of those cool helmets the emergency response team wears over there in Bangkok.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2010, 01:14:24 am »

I was wondering if he could get me one of those cool helmets the emergency response team wears over there in Bangkok.

Oh you meant that Lord.  :P

MtD
(Whose God Complex has Blue Balls)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2010, 09:16:54 am »
Wowee! You really are a jerk.  :D

I'm not angry (well, until now LOL) I, and others in this thread, just think it's appropriate to try to keep threads on topic. Are you advocating that anyone should just be able to post off-topic stuff anywhere? Are you advocating that it's "okay" for topics to leak out of their own threads and bleed into other threads with different topics? Really??

After caring for my first partner until he died, I was too damn close to death myself for many years and unable to volunteer. Then about the time my own health finally began to improve, I had to care for my second partner until he died. Then I lost my third home in three years (thanks to my aids-induced poverty), and had to move to a whole other state - where within 4 months I began to volunteer. So what the fuck did bragging about yourself mean to any of this discussion?  :P You certainly aren't helping anybody in SC get ADAP or HIV meds with your sassy comments here. Hopefully my phone calls to my state reps, along with the letters I already mailed, and the letters I stamped and mailed out from my ASO this morning will end up helping to keep my fellow HIV poz South Carolinians alive.

by the way it's  a 2-liter of Coke a day and I still weight 140lbs - only 5 lbs more than I did when I graduated ACK thirty years ago!. ;D (about 5'10'' and 140lbs I don't have much of an ass, much less a fat one LOL) Plus I turned 48 today ;D and have not been back in the hospital on my birthday, literally dying, in twelve years today. However just a year and 350 days ago today, was when we found out that Jim had non-hodgkins lymphoma and aids. Sadly I'm counting down to that grevious 2yr memorial date of Jim dying on May 1st.

by the way, I learned from the moderators in another thread that instead of calling YOU a jerk, it's entirely ok, as long as I don't call you a "breeder", that I can call you a "fucker".  ;) :D But I won't  ;) ROFLMAO

You're a clever little girl, adding the ol' double entendre to your repertoire of tired passive aggressive posting. Honey, quit trying to out-AIDS everybody. I was ten years into infection before you turned your first trick in some seedy truck stop restroom. My own tales of illness and death make yours look like a Sunday school picnic. I could easily point out the holes in your revisionist Aids history, but that would be callous and unseemly. Try channeling your anger into something a bit more positive and productive.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2010, 10:43:46 am »
You're a clever little girl, adding the ol' double entendre to your repertoire of tired passive aggressive posting. Honey, quit trying to out-AIDS everybody. I was ten years into infection before you turned your first trick in some seedy truck stop restroom. My own tales of illness and death make yours look like a Sunday school picnic. I could easily point out the holes in your revisionist Aids history, but that would be callous and unseemly. Try channeling your anger into something a bit more positive and productive.
whatever. ::) you're quite a hateful bitter person, aren't you?. Are any of your posts ever kind? ever helpful? For the record I'm a man not a girl. I've never "tricked" in bookstores, bath houses, or truckstops. I've been widowed twice, how many of your companions have died? And I'm plenty positive and productive, unlike you with your hate and venom and hijacking in this thread.

It's really sad how this thread has gone from discussing a serious issue in SC to Dach's vitirol. but please, the rest of you, go back to talking about LordBerners, don't let Dach and I interrupt you. ;) I'm really not trying to "out Aids" anyone. I was trying to get things stirred up and this thread back on track about the ADAP/medicaid cuts happening in my new home state. But since even the moderators don't seem to care that one thread has spilled into another, I'm just going to drop this and go do my part at the rally Wed.

I sure hope people don't die in the states where y'all live when the ADAP or medicaid cuts come to your town cause it looks like on that kind of issue the support you get from people here will get drowned out by other topics or hateful chatter.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2010, 12:05:04 pm »
Locked.

Mikie and Hal -- you're both to blame.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2010, 09:33:43 pm »
I was just about to lock this thread and say you both need to cut out this junk when I see Tim had already put a stop to the nonsense.

How about you guys just avoid any exchanges in the future if you can't keep them being snarky. That's a very strong request.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.