Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:14:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 473
Total: 474

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: ARGENT  (Read 5041 times)

Offline ruwi

ARGENT
« on: October 27, 2009, 04:10:04 am »
HI
i hope every one is fine...
well i went down with a women past 4 yrs ...then after that i fell sick..like .high Diarrhea  high fever..losing allot of weight ...then after that ever thing went fine...NOW after 4 yrs i felt  light fever..NO Diarhes .losing a little of weight...pimples in my mouth...i went to check i found i am HIV POSSITAVE.. since the last 4 yrs ...and between this yers i didt touch any women i was just afraid to do the checking and afraid to convert this to another women ....
my question is
is still there s a medication for this stage ????

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: ARGENT
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 06:08:22 am »
I have removed your post from LTS so please use this forum only from now on, I also deleted your other post because it is the same as the one you already have here.

If I understand you correctly you are saying you had oral sex with a lady 4 years ago and have not had sex or any sexual contact with a women since then yet you have tested positive for HIV...I think you need to read the lesson here on how HIV is and is not transmitted.

The "theoretical risk" spoken of in the lesson regarding oral is talking about GIVING oral sex not receiving oral sex.
 Not one person has ever, EVER been infected this way and you aren't going to be the first.

Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. This is why kissing is also a NO RISK activity.

I don't know where you got your HIV results from or how you got them so maybe a little more information will help..i.e what test did you have done , what are you CD4 numbers and what is your Viral load?.

Jan
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:15:10 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 07:07:28 am »
ruwi,

Before a person can be considered to be hiv positive, a positive antibody test MUST be confirmed with a Western Blot test. Please clarify whether or not you have been confirmed as hiv positive.

I need you to read the Welcome Thread before you post again. Makes sure you click on and read both the Transmission Lesson, as Jan asked, and the Testing Lesson so you understand what I mean by antibody test and the confirmatory Western Blot test.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ruwi

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 08:42:23 am »
hi
i hope all of you are fine...
well iam an Arabian ...maybe i didt describe my case in a good way cuz my English is weak...
any way...
before 4 yrs i had a sex with a women..without any condoms and she was the first one in my life...then after of finished for 2 hrs i start felling ill very high fever...and a lot of small pimples in my mouth..the i left the place...second day and for the next 5 days i was very sick lose motion,high fever..my fingers start bending...losing allot of my weight people (notice that )...what ever i eat i don't feel that its going to my stomach... this was 4 yers back.....
then just 1 month back i start notice that my skin is changing ...alot of pimples in my mouth...my fingers clouers changed ...fever some time in a day ...and when i eat i thing now i am getting a little bit of it ...i am a body builder when i am doing my exercise my mussels grow but after just one hour i am losing what i have build...i went to test local one cuz in our country if i go to the official hospital were is free they will block me ...and start investigation...so this local test made more then one test and showes i am a HIV+ ..please take this in serious way cuz i need your advice...if i still have time to solve it ill go abroad

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 08:53:54 am »
Ruwi,

The illness you experienced two hour after having unprotected intercourse had nothing to do with hiv infection. Symptoms, if they appear at all, take at least two weeks before they happen.

It is still not clear whether or not you have been confirmed as hiv positive with a Western Blot. Just because two tests were done does not mean they were the right tests. You could have had two false-positive ELISAs. It would be extremely unusual for you to end up hiv positive following a one-time insertive vaginal incident.

You need to contact the place where you tested and find out exactly what tests were run. If one of them was not a Western Blot, then you need to be tested again. False positives can and do happen all the time. If you are planning on leaving the country anyway, why not go to a hospital and get the proper tests done in a setting that can be trusted as far as diagnostic tests go.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ruwi

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 11:30:13 am »
HI again
thank you for giving intrest for my case...
tomorrow i ll be going to Thailand i ll do the checking there ...
what i want to ask is ....is still theres hope ...i mean i am not late...???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 02:30:02 pm »
Ruwi, it is extremely unlikely that you would have become infected through that single incident of unprotected intercourse. We'll be waiting to hear about your test result.

What you do need to keep in mind for the future is that you need to wear a condom everytime you have either vaginal or anal intercourse. No exceptions. That way you will be well protected from sexual transmission of HIV.

Good luck with your test.
Andy Velez

Offline ruwi

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 04:39:27 pm »
HI
i am going to Thailand for the test and i ll be updating you with my situation...
how i can know practically in my body that the cd4 is very low by  just checking my body from out side ...
note: i have lose a little of weight...no fever now days....when i eat i dont fell that its going to my stomach its like some one is in my stomach in eating what i eat....

all that is only  i want to know that am i late?????

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 05:45:21 pm »
Ruwi, all this guessing and wondering and self-diagnosing is frankly --- ridiculous. If you have symptoms that continue to bother you then you should be discussing them with a doctor. Nothing you are reporting is even remotely suggestive of HIV.

I expect your test result to be negative.
Andy Velez

Offline ruwi

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 11:20:53 am »
i have done of the full test in bankok hospital...which contain ESR...HIV ANTIBODY (ELISA) HIV/HIV2 Antibody = Ngative
AND hepatitis B,surface Antigen=NEGATIVE,Hepatitis B surfwce Antibody =positive comment Immune to hepatitis B virus(HBV), Hepatitis C  = Negative

why is the Hepatitis B surface antibody is positive and it has to do with HIV ?????
and is still that my HIV  is not showed up yet ?????

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 01:14:54 pm »
Ruwi, that's good news about your negative test result for HIV. If I have understood you correctly, your risky unprotected incident was four years ago, so you can certainly regard that as result as reliable.

Your having also tested positive for Hep B is irrelevant as far as your HIV result. But you do need to discuss with your doctor there about what you need to do about Hep B. We focus on HIV here and can't give you directions about that. Hep B is treatable. 

What we do know for sure is that happily HIV is a not a problem for you.
Andy Velez

Offline ruwi

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 05:02:54 am »
hi
i got my result for the cd4 , =616  what this mean???
i think i supose to have 1000 and above ???
and they say that i have immune probleem???

please advice .

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 08:07:17 am »
Having an immune problem does not not mean you have HIV. And you don't have HIV because  you've already tested negative for the virus. So you need to discuss your cd4 cell count with your doctor or whomever ordered the test for you.

We cannot do any interpreting or diagnosing here as our sole focus is on HIV, which you do not have.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 04:09:21 pm »
Ruwi,

Normal CD4 counts can be anywhere between 500 and 1200 or so. Your CD4 count is completely NORMAL.

You do not have hiv. You are conclusively hiv negative. It's time you got on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ruwi

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 04:26:01 am »
Hi Again...
well i am didturbing you all of my question ...

i am still not sure that i dont have the HIV  i ask the hospital to do the westreen blood test i ll get the resullt soon.
and they have found that i have anemia and what i know that theres a type of HIV which comes with anemia which called (Pernicious anemia) and maybe with normal HIV test cant find it.
please advice

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 07:59:21 am »
Pernicious anemia has nothing to do with HIV.  Read the following link. https://health.google.com/health/ref/Pernicious+anemia
You are conclusively NEGATIVE.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 08:19:24 am »
Yes, you are conclusively negative for HIV. Period.

Anemia is a totally different situation and is something you should be discussing with your doctor for treatment.

I'm going to warn you that you can't keep coming back here with your HIV worries when we know from your test result that you're HIV negative. You're heading now towards getting a Time Out for 28 days from this site for insisting HIV is your problem when we know that isn't so.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 09:03:37 am »
ruwi,

Just to add to what Rod and Andy have told you, anemia of ANY type will not affect your hiv antibody test. People who have ANY type of anemia will still test hiv positive if they have been infected.

You have NOT been infected. That's why you test hiv negative. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.