Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 09:59:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Year, New Beginnings, New Dating Thread, Part XV  (Read 56922 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: New Year, New Beginnings, New Dating Thread, Part XV
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2008, 10:20:51 pm »
Hi Gfs~

I'm glad to see that we're all rallying around Afraid when she needs us most.  Hang in there!  I echo what everyone else has said.  You know that YOU have to make the difference here by starting within yourself!

BT~  Why are you sleeping so much?  Is it from the new meds or perhaps from all of the shoveling earlier in the week?  I hope you got the rest you needed.  Good luck at the GYN's.  BTW, the pic that is up there now with the brown sweater, was taken 7/21/07.  The previous one that I had up for a day was on Christmas Eve.  I like this one better, but who knows?   :D

Oh I miss Ice tonight, but we had a great talk on the phone for a little while tonight.  His ex won't let him see the girls as much as he wants to.  I feel so bad because he has been so nice to her, for the girls' benefit.  Now his Scorpio stinger is starting to come out.  Go, baby, GO!  LOL

Ice watched The Wire tonight as well.  I don't have that channel, just basic here, so I watched Extreme Makeover and DH.  Recording Cashmere Mafia's premiere.

What a mild night, the heat hasn't kicked on yet, its about 45 degrees here.  It will be mid-60s tomorrow and Tuesday - crazy!

Yes, Sun, have fun dating cause there is strength in numbers and it does your ego GOOD.  Plus, you also have choices.   ;)

Win, hope you're getting some rest and don't have too much of a fever, if you have one at all.  Take care of yourself.

Oh, I ran 1-3/4 miles on my treadmill tonight.  Well it was a walk and run and walk program on the treadmill.  It was 30 minutes and I did the entire thing.  There are no bars on the treadmill and I get unbalanced really easily (blonde hair and all) so I concentrated on staying upright!  LOL  I did well.  My sugars were high today, but I'm hoping to run  a few nights a week.  Hell, even 2x will make a difference for me!  My heart is a lot stronger than I thought it was, but this damn lipo gut is driving me nuts!  :o

Good night all, I have to be ready to "peck" at 730am tomorrow!

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2008, 10:25:51 pm »
I agree, a lot has been going on. First, let me say that I am not trying to be an uncaring bitch to you, Afraid. If anything when I posted earlier, I was getting a bit frustrated. I am glad that you have made a move by getting your number changed, that is making progress. And I realize it is hard for you.

Sunseeker, Why am I not surprised about Latin Lover... ;) Do what works for you, girl. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. There seems to be a lot of that going around. Not sure what to say about the other guys yet. The jury is still out til you give me more to work with.... ;D

Betty, I have been catching up on the Wire by watching it on HBO on Demand. I didn't know tonight was the new episode. I have been watching the I love NY reunion. And no, I still didn't get my laundry done. I was motivated to do it but my roomie didn't get up til late and by then the motivation went out the window. I also got caught up in my game too. I know I better go tomorrow or I will be running around here butt naked.. :D

Since it's suppose to be in the 50's tomorrow, I feel like I should get out and do something. Besides laundry but it will get done first even if I have to leave my roomie's ass here...I just want to do something......
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2008, 11:13:18 pm »
Afraid,

You are stronger than what you think. The "baby steps" that you are talking about are actually huge steps forward. Just continue to take it a day at a time or if that seems like too much take it an hour at a time. It is good that you are getting therapy. Is there anyone else close to you that you can talk to? I cannot imagine what it must feel like to go through all that!

Talking (or posting) about it helps. I know that sometimes it is better to put it out there rather than get all wrapped up in your head.

Hang in there...I am thinking about you!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 08:27:24 am »
Morning ladies:

I have got the most ungodly headache, right around my sinuses.  Especially my left sinus, the one that was crushed.  And it radiates into my eyes, down through my shoulders, and down the middle of my back.  You gals know what I mean?  Yeah, one of those kind of headaches.  I woke up to the alarm so I will make it on time to see my doctor.  All I want to do though is sleep, sleep and more sleep!  I feel really nauceous also.  I'm going to have to quit drinking my coffee, 'cause every time I take a drink, it almost comes back up.  It is probably this very strange weather.  Right now it is 58 degrees outside.(Remember just a week ago I was talking about all the snow).  Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 50's also, then back down into the 30's and snow.  And it might also be my body getting used to the Sustiva again.  Who knows.  Anyway, that's where I'm at right now.

Wendy, I love your pic in your avvy!

Cin, wow, treadmill?  You're really motivated.  I don't know what to do about the lipo-belly syndrome.  I have that majorly also.  I want to lose 30 lbs from what I've put on since I quit smoking.  I can't do treadmills though.  Right now, for me, yoga is what helps.  I think it's because of the breathing that's done, which helps me not want to smoke. 

Queen, I'm going to try to get my laundry done today.  But it might not get done until tomorrow.  I need to do it soon though, before I run out of clothes! :D

I'm going to check out a few other threads and maybe lay down for 1/2 hour to see if I can get this pain in my head to subside.  Have a good one ladies-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 12:47:11 pm »
There's a new addition to the family. My son stopped over last night and brought with him a kitten that had followed him home a few days ago. He knows how much I love cats and how many there are here. Now we have 5, just call us the crazy cat ladies... ;D If I had to guess she looks to be just a little over 10 weeks old. I named her Egypt Nefertiti. She is a very affectionate little thing. I kept her in my room last night. She and the other cats have to get use to her. Not sure how Princess Polly is going to take to having another female in the house. But Lucifer is still loyal to her.. ;D BoogieMan has been quite curious by her. Her response was hissing at him. Ziggy I don't even think realizes she's here.

There are a few things I need to take care of today besides laundry. Trying to make some sense of this hearing aid issue for one. So I am going to go now or I'll never get anything done. Will report back later....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2008, 01:44:22 pm »
Queen thats cute...although im not a cat lover..i do like kittens..but when they grow they seem to have an attitude just like females..thus me not having 2 many chick friends...

i hope this year will be prosperous...im the brokest...but i cant complain bcus their are others in worst situations..

My moms been in the hospital since before xmas and i havent went up there to see her yet...i dont know whats wrong with me..but im going today as my dad wants to put her into a nursing home..She is undetected but she has other problems like COPD and she is on oxygen..She will be 60 this year in April..i want to give her a party...

After disclosing surprisingly things are back to normal..He still so open for me its a shame but again im not complaining  ;D..Just i havent felt safe and secure with anyone for a long time but now i feel if i get sick or somthing i will have someone there for me...I hope im right...I have been so wrong so many times in the past...*crossing my fingers*

HAs anyone heard from MS NY yet?..i have been calling her but no answer or answering machine will pick up..i hope everythings ok but u know how babies keep you busy...

i see a few new pics of people are up..Betty Looking good there lady! Winiroo-You too...i put up this pic of my bodaciousness a few days ago, im surprised noone said anything...

you guys are never on when im on...toodles...
Live life to the fullest...

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2008, 01:49:44 pm »
Hello, everyone. Not much going on here . I feel like shit and am sick but hope to hold out until next Monday when I go for my doctors appointment.                 I do not have diabetes but have been tired as hell since last week. I think my tiredness is just cause I am sick .         I did go get my front tires changed and paid my car insurance. I have also spoken with a lawyer about SSI or disability. I can't keep working so much and never having enough.. I think this will be the year of improving things for me.                  I started back on the Chantix yesterday and am trying to quit  smoking again..  And I opened a minimun balance checking account. I am going to try and use it to build some credit. Hopefully that will work.                Hope everyone is well. Queen, good luck with Nefertiti. I probably qualify as a crazy cat lady, too. I have 4 now. Later. Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2008, 04:05:21 pm »
Not much to really report on. No call back from Ed. I did get ahold of my case manager at the ASO, she is trying to  reach the Office of Vocational Rehabiliatation, the ones who paid the co pay for my hearing aids when I didn't have insurance. Em dropped me some info via PM but am holding off on that til around Thursday.

Wishful, girl, all I can see in your avatar is that ghetto booty of yours... ;D Glad things are working out well for you but am sorry to hear about your Mother. I am a bit worried about Ms. NY too. I haven't heard from her since before Christmas. She was saying then that she was a bit busy with 2 papers for school and of course the wee one. I hope she is well. I really need to get bold and take some new pics since I don't have the braids in my hair anymore. I'll have to work on that.

Christy, I am still keeping up with the dragons but I can't never get on the page now. It says it is too busy or something. That is why I haven't posted there lately.

I guess that is about it for me. Still trying to get the laundry done...*sighs*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2008, 06:34:14 pm »
Hi GFs~

I am so tired and hungry, and HOT.  It hit near 70 today and will do so again tomorrow.  The house is stuffy so I opened a few windows, its getting nicer in here now.

Yes, Wishful, you got some "back" girl!  Love the pic!  More power to you!  I used to have "back" but now its all on my front, lol!   ;)  My "back" has been reduced from a bubble butt to a flat lipo ass.  Sigh.

Queen, sorry to hear that Mr. Ed didn't get back to you.  I would start telling people that this is an emergency, tell them you have not been able to hear since the week before Christmas.  Keep on that ASO chick who should be giving up her job to you.  Glad to hear about the kitty "ENK" as I have dubbed her.  Be careful, a few more and you will truly be a "Cat Lady."   :o  Any news on Rico?  When will he return?

Cristy - I hope you feel better soon, and best of luck with the Chantix!  Betty can be an inspiration to you!  Starting Feb 1st in Maryland there will be NO SMOKING allowed in restaurants and bars.  No offense, but finally my hair won't stink after I go rock out at those places!  I just learned that Chantix has a 44% success rate!  Good luck!

Wishful, sorry to hear about your mother.  What is COPD, exactly?  And you said she is "undetected?"  Is she poz as well?

BT, so sorry about that damn sinus.  I see you on here, maybe you're posting a report from the doc.  Let us know what he said.  Yes, I got on the damn treadmill and then today I had THE worst vertigo of my life.  I am thinking the impact from running yesterday may have compressed the bad disks in my neck slightly, giving me weird sensations.  I don't know.  I feel better now, but I may have to look into getting some new running shoes and maybe just speed walking for now, less impact.

I went to see my Grandmother tonight and she is FINE.  Walking around the house, talking about this and that....You'd never know her wrist was boken!  She will actually go in tomorrow to have a plate and pins put it.  Ugh.

More soon.  Take care, you ladies under the weather!  And where is Cam!?  We need an update before I worry too much!

MY BROTHER RETURNED TO US SOIL LAST FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! THE FAMILY IS SO RELIEVED!!!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:39:17 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2008, 07:03:50 pm »
I'm doing ok. Alot of snot and postnasal cough crap that has gotten into my lungs. The fevers are all below 100.
I'm able to get everything done that needs to be gotten. LOL Started my period this week too. Ain't that peachy!
I'm working on coughing this crap out of me and keeping my nose clean. I'm feeling better everyday so I think the worst of it is over.

Thanks for the complement Bettytacy and Wishful. That pic was from a white elephant party I went to December 28th. I had a drink in me so my cheeks are nice and pink. LOL I nearly always blush when I drink. I am a cheap date I rarely drink so alcohol hits me pretty easy.

I was tickled when I read Queen post about Wishful's ghetto booty. You can definately tell your proud of your rump.
I've been blessed with muscular thighs and bottom. So I think I gotta pretty good bottom for a white girl. LOL

Cindy - Glad your Grandma is doing good. She must be one tough granny. plate and pins <yikes>

Get well soon Cristy and anyone else who's got the crud...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2008, 09:25:06 pm »
Good evening ladies:

Well, I have no ass to speak of.  I really didn't have one in '94 when I weighed 87 lbs.  That was really awful!  Yes, Wishful, you definitely got some back. :D

Cin, I am so glad to hear about your brother!  YIPEE!! You must be soooooo happy he's home safely.  Sorry to hear about your granny's wrist and having to have pins put in it.  You know what?  They used to make people tougher than what they are now.  Some older people are in a lot of pain, sick, and you'd never know it.  Now, you be careful having that vertigo!  You don't want to pass out or anything.  I miss hearing from Camms also. 

Queen, girl you just have to raise some holy hell!  It seems like something would be happening by now; hell, before now.  I hope voc. rehab can help you out. 

Cristy, I really hope you feel better, sweetie.  If it's time for you to go on disability, then it's time.  Did you say a lawyer is handling it?  I think that might be the best way to go anymore.  People really seem to have a hard time getting it anymore.  Good luck to you girl.  Keep up on the Chantix also!  I don't know the price of cigs where you are, but here in Hoosierville, they're getting ready to add on another $2/pack tax.  So that will take prices up to $7-something a pack pretty soon.  Yikes! :o

Well, it's storming here.  My poor cat is running around like someone's firing a weapon at her.  It got up to almost 70 here today.  It's supposed to last a couple more days, then back to 30 and snow. 

Yes, I went to the doc today.  He said it's just going to take a couple weeks for my body to adjust to the Sustiva again.  He gave me a lab slip to have my VL done in a month to make sure the Sustiva/Trizivir are doing their job.  We talked for about 45 minutes.  It was a good visit, all in all.  He's a really good doctor and he talks like a normal guy, not like he thinks he's Socrates or anything.  So, everything's alright.  When I took the Sustiva tonight, I didn't eat anything high in fat, and that helps.  I remember I've given that advice to people; so I decided to take my own advice.  That's it for now.  School starts Thursday.  I was supposed to start tonight, but my teacher is out of town until next Monday.  Have a good one ladies-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2008, 12:30:09 am »
I'll have to come back and catch up later. I'm finally starting to get sleepy. I just wanted to check in with y'all. I've been so driven and determined to make things work financially. I've really been working hard on it. Things finally started looking like they would work out quickly around Thursday or Friday. The bills were almost caught back up with some serious sacrifice. The Saturday afternoon, the other shoe dropped. I got fired. I couldn't believe it. The reality of it all is still sinking in. I found out at the end of the day and by then I had other drama. I rarely work Sundays so I was cool yesterday but today just ripped my soul. Signing up for unemployment, searching for a job. Its been so long since I had nothing to do. For years now it was school, internships, work. I am just feeling lost. I'll be fine most of the day and then the tears come from nowhere and without provocation. I hate not being in control of my emotions. I really thought this year was gonna be better ... that things would finally fall into place. I hope this is not the way the rest of the year goes.
08/13/07 - Diagnosis confirmed
08/30/07 - T-cells 400, VL 6,500 (Baseline)
11/30/07 - T-cells 428, VL 9,950

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2008, 12:45:04 am »
I finally got my laundry done but was pissed waiting on the freaking cab 2 hours just to go around the damn corner to wash clothes. The one thing I can be grateful for was that it was hardly no one there by the time we got there. After finishing, it was once again another wait for a cab. I miss my damn car.

I finally did get to talk to Ed. He is waiting on me to bring the other hearing aid to him. Once again, I wish I had my car. Getting places is really a pain in the ass and with a cab you can never get anywhere on freaking time. My previous case manager would've driven me to the ENT but this one I have now is not very helpful at all.

On to Rico....He still has not gone to Puerto Rico and from my understanding is no longer going. I also found out that he plans on moving back to where he was on March 1st. I'm wondering when he was planning on telling me this or was he? He has given up his apartment and moved in with the ex in laws who I think is filling his head with hopes once again of getting back with his ex. I have not heard from him since last Friday. I am not stressing it either. But honestly, if he was in front of me about now, I think I would smack the taste out of his mouth. I am just tired of the bullshit and lies. And having to hear everything else from a 3rd party because he is not man enough to tell me himself. Good fucking riddance, I say. And don't let the door knob hit ya where the good Lord split ya. I am more than ready to kick his ass to the curb. A total waste of my time and energy despite getting a few nuts off. I have no regrets about not disclosing. I kept it safe and was responsible.

LOL@Winiroo. Girl, sometimes I tickle myself with the things that come out my mouth. Nothing wrong with having a ghetto booty. Wishful knows that and I bet her man just loves it. *Two snaps and a circle*. My ass is one of my best features too... ;) Hasta manana, chicas....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2008, 08:19:41 am »
Good morning ladies:

Confused, I hope things start working out for you.  You have been through a lot, and I'm sorry, but right now, I can't really recall too much of your story.  Hang in there.

Queen, if your case manager is not helping you, maybe you should complain to the boss.  That's what I would do.  As for Rico, yeah, I would probably write him off. 

Today it's 60 out right now and raining.  By 4:00 it's supposed to be 48.  Very strange.  I don't know if this is global warming or what.  Anyway, another thing the doc did was to prescribe me a medicine for my heart.  I have times when it feels like I'm having a heart attack.  So he sent a prescription to my home delivery pharmacy I use out of Tennessee.  Other than that,  still waiting for the brainfog to clear.  I might go back to sleep after I eat breakfast.  I'm really happy because when I got up my sugar was 120 and it hasn't been that good in quite awhile.  I'm listening to some music I downloaded (it's only 8:20 a.m. here, so it's on low) and right now Rod Stewart's "Hot Legs" is playing.  I just love that song.  OK, I hope you ladies have a good one.

Offline camille07

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2008, 08:35:45 am »
Hello Girls

Just wanted to pop in say good morning.  I really need to catch up on my reading of these post.  Lots to tell but, like I said, would like to get a feel as to how everyone is doing.

Have a great day girls.

hugs,

Camms

Offline wishful

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2008, 09:15:32 am »
lolol at everyone...Queen u already know...the man loves it! and cant get enuff of it But im trying to lose some..not all but some..that pic makes it look smaller than it really is..my thighs ass and hips are all ghetto..lolol and before the breast reduction the boobs were too..but they had to go and insurance paid...insurance aint paying for no lipo..lololo

Cindy: yes i think i posted that before my mom is poz as well..has been since 1995 or so..COPD is a lung disease that has to do with carbon dioxide and how the lungs respond to it..i think..lolololo..all i know is her blood gas levels are elevated and that is bad bcus her lungs cant keep the carbon out...so she wears a BIpap machine ..she is in the nursing home now..hopefully for rehab...i went and saw her last night and gave her her xmas gift..she was happy to see us...

Queen :Rico is too wishy washy point blank..u arent a damn mind reader and u arent a fool either..tell that fool to kick rocks...i def agree with him not being the one to disclose to..He;d prob tell errbody n they mommas instead of talkin to u about it....

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2008, 12:26:02 pm »
It is high noon as I write this. I'm actually a bit calm today, not sure if that is because of the weather or what. Finally got the laundry done like I mentioned in my last post. I am just glad it is out of the way. I have my window open in my bedroom and am watching tv. I am always in my bedroom but not always laying down. I only go into the living room and dining room if I am entertaining someone. Plus my bedroom is in the front of the apartment so I can look out my window into the street.

I will still be trying to get a ride up to the ENT to take him my other hearing aid. And waiting on the call back from my case manager to see if OVR will pick up the cost of the repair to my hearing aids. Little Nefertiti, decided not to call her Egypt, is doing fine. She sleeps a lot and I think she will fit in with the other cats just fine. I actually heard her hiss last night, it was funny. My roomie says her hiss is kinda loud and it has to be for me to hear it. I still can't hear her meow though. She sticks up under me at all times and she sleeps wild as hell for a cat. She's all over the bed. I have to be careful at night not to roll on her but she usually wakes me up at one point because she is usually sleep on my head or she has her paws in my face... :D

Wishful, I know you're glad you got rid of some of those boobs. The heavier they are the more back problems you have. My oldest sister had to get a reduction too. I am happy with my 36c. Not to worry, I got those hips too but I hate my legs. My thighs look good but then when you get to my calves, it looks like I got bird legs. That's just my opinion of them. I got that impression from Rico too among other things. He is keeping some drama going between my one friend and her parents. To the point that now they are not even talking to her. And to me that is something a female would do, not a man. I don't like bitch made men so he is gone. And I think the parents are filling his head up again. Oh well.....Should he come and see me tomorrow, I will tell him that it is over. I just hope he doesn't ask why? He's not going to like my answers.

Confused, I think we posted at the same time last night. Sorry to hear that you lost your job, I know that sucks. Don't lose heart, take that free time and do a few things you have been meaning to, we all have those. And look for another job. We play the Giants this weekend at home. And Happy Birthday to you in advance. Cindy is good with keeping track of birthdays. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2008, 04:36:17 pm »
yes Queen them bad boys were too big!! by back was killin me and over the last few years they had gotten larger..i think due to the meds cus my belly is way bigger than it used to be as well , i used to have a killer shape..but i still dont get any compalints..just from myself..lol Yeah Rico sounds like WEAKO to me..u dont need that in your life..

Oh lil Nefertiti is really cute..i always get sucked in by their cuteness then they start giving me they attitude n our relation is over..my best friend has like 5 or six kitties herself..n when i come over they really be throwing me shade! So i tell her to keep em away..besides the fact they make me sneeze my head off and immediately stuff my nose up until i leave...but its all good..im a puppy gal myself..Damn i didnt realize what time it was..i get off at 430 n im still n this peice as nice as it is outside..i gots to go...

Talk to u all soon

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2008, 06:05:30 pm »
Hi

Girls so excited that I am not the only white girl with a booty.  I got junk in my trunk, but now I am getting worried about taking meds that I am going to have to deal with Lipo.  I had called the doctor yesterday to ask him about my Atripla and wanted to ask him about the lipo but I was with the Latin Lover and I did not want to get into a whole big discussion with him there, since he does not know  that i am on meds and would like to keep it that way.

Glad to see that Cam posted and she is doing well.  I am so tired today and would love to take a nap.  I did not get home till 330 am and was hanging out with the Latin Lover and things went good we went to dinner, had ice cream and then hung out for a long time talking about us.  That went well, he is so confused right now on what he wants, he wants friends with benefits, but I asked him if he thought that would just confuse the situation even more.  He said he did not think so, but I think different.  But I have to tell you I don't call him the Latin Lover for nothing, and I love sex so I am sure that I will give in.  But I am prepared for the fall out and have put up those walls.  Right now what I need is attention that only a man can give and he is willing to give it to me so I am willing to take it.    I know I am crazy for doing this, and I would be telling all of you girls not to do it, I should be following my own advise.  Its just hard when you connect with someone so intensely and that is not even in the bedroom. 

Tonight I have my date with the + guy that I met online, but I am so tired and its raining like cats and dogs here and I would really like to stay in bed.  But I guess I will go its the only way to hopefully break free from the Latin Lover and realize that there are other guys at there that I could like.

Queen-  I am so jealous that you have a new kitten.  I would love to have another one, but right now is just not the right time.  Yesterday I had to take my cat to the vet since he has a cold and a respiratory infection.  He is on antibiotics so that was an $100.00 visit.

Hope the rest of you ladies or doing well.  I will keep you posted on how todays date went.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2008, 06:35:12 pm »
Good evening ladies:

Camms, good to see you post again.  What's going on with you?

Wish, my ex-sister-in-law had to have a breast reduction.  They were really killing her back.

Queen, your new kitty is so cute!  I'm a cat lover.  I only have one though.  She's a one kitty/owner cat (jealous and all that).  And I really can't afford more than one.  That was nice of you to take the cat.

Sun, you just have to do what's right for you.  If you like to hang out with LL, then do that.  If you get hurt, then I guess you know better next time.  But if you can keep your heart locked up, why not?  I hope your date with the poz man goes well.  Can't wait to hear about it! 

I have had this heavy-duty craving for pizza ever since I got up.  I don't believe "the body craves what it needs" crap.  I've just wanted a pizza sooo bad today.  Maybe it's because it seems like every other ad on the t.v. today has been for pizza.  Maybe I'll get one tomorrow.  I got one chapter read out of one of my textbooks.  I'm also reading Slash's autobiography (one of the guitar players from Guns N Roses).  Very wild man.  I've always thought he was hot though.(I know, some people think I have a strange taste).  But, that's what makes me me.  Anyway, nothing else.  It's getting cold here again.  Hope al you ladies have a good one-

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2008, 10:49:52 pm »
Bed time for me.  Just got home after work, massage, dinner with Iceman and then playtime at Iceman's house for a bit.  Vertigo is still a bitch and dinner out tonight was bugging me because it was loud.  I think part of it is exhaustion.  Sugars are doing better but stay tuned.  I tested my sugar 18 times today.  Yes, 18.  Yowwiieee!

I'll post more tomorrow night when I have some time at home in the evening.  Hang in there Afraid, confused and Queen. 

Look at the time, and its still 62 degrees in Maryland.   :o

~Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2008, 07:23:59 pm »
Good evening ladies:

Well, the weather is back to normal here.  The snow is melted and there's flooding in many places around here.  In one town a little south of here, an SUV got drug by the water and turned upside down; two of the five kids in there drowned.  That was really sad.  What's going on with everybody?  Queen, I hope you can get your hearing aid situation taken care of soon.  Camms, let us know how it's going.  Cin, what's going on with you?  How's the vertigo?  And oh, COPD is emphysema.  That's what my father has.  I really don't have a lot to report.  I tried to quit drinking caffeine, but I had the worst headache/trouble concentrating/feeling like I had the flu etc.  Now, it would seem that as much dope/booze as I've kicked (heroin, methadone, alcohol prescription drugs like Valium, Morphine) I wouldn't have any trouble with it.  But, with school starting up again tomorrow night, I don't want to fuck that up right now. So I'll try this summer.  I think this might be the summer to take off from school.  I really don't think there will be any funding. 

In other news, a transgendered old friend of mine died yesterday.  I read her obit today.  And I'm getting ready to call another friend of mine who has AIDS.  His mother left me a message about 1/2 an hour ago and wants me to call her.  I'm a little worried about this, but she knows I'm there for them.  I hope you ladies have a good night- 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2008, 09:21:24 pm »
There is nothing for me to report either. The hearing aid situation has me in a bit of a funk. Haven't heard anything from Rico but not expecting to either. And don't really want to. My bday is getting closer, nothing planned, not sure if Wishful is gonna surprise me with a visit... ;) Not being able to hear is really making me feel closed off. And people's reactions when you tell them you're hearing impaired doesn't help my mood much either.

Something I did do was drop Moffie an email. I had been thinking about him since Alan posted January bdays and Moffie's is on the 19th. Not sure how old he will be but it made my day to hear back from him. I did a bit of blogging today after reading about 2 disturbing articles on Yahoo. Not sure if any of you heard about it. One was where this guy(black guy at that) killed and started cooking his ex girlfriend. Another was when this guy, a crack head threw his 3 kids off of a bridge, their ages ranged from months old to 3 years old. It is stuff like that which makes me disgusted with people and this world..... :'(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2008, 09:49:52 pm »
Hi GFs~

Trying to recover from an awful day health-wise.

Queen, that is some screwed up shit you heard in the news.  I think everyone is on drugs and messed up.  Pisses me off that people don't have more self control to stop themselves from doing crazy shit.  Glad to hear you are in touch with Moffie.  I miss having him here.

BT, sorry to hear about your friend who passed.  Also, I know the feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when someone's family calls about a loved one who is struggling with their health.  Hopefully your friend with AIDS is doing relatively OK.

Win, how are you feeling?  I hope you're getting back to your old self. 

As for me.....

I was fine getting up after only 5 hrs sleep.  High blood sugar woke me again, but today it was only 269 and not 300+.  I am still tweaking the pump to get this all resolved.  I went to work, and soon after sitting at my computer I start getting vertigo, feeling like I am going to do a header into the keyboard.  My neck started hurting and my blood pressure felt like it was dropping.  After only an hour at work I was ready to go to the nurses station or call an ambulance.  I was so out of it, I was afraid to leave my station for my 9am break, for fear of falling over.  I felt like I couldn't walk!  I had my co-worker keep an eye on me, but this was extreme.  I have never fainted or passed out before in my life and I fought it off a dozen times this morning.  My blood sugar was 140 and stable throughout all of this, as I tested every half hour.

I started feeling better in the afternoon, finally and my neck stopped hurting, too.  I don't know if I had a major panic attack or what.  I used to get "small" ones that I could still get through, still work through, etc, but some physical symptoms would manifest.  Its been years since that's happened, though.  I fought off the urge to take some alprazolam (I think thats the generic for Xanax, not sure) and was a trooper, but I started getting really scared early on.  Mind over matter?  I dunno.

I am going to bed now and sleeping GOOD tonight.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  Maybe I'm just wiped out from all of this blood sugar BS.  Any feedback on anxiety  would be appreciated.  I'm so confused at this point.

Oh and I went off on my mother in a cool way tonight on the phone.  She was acting like a dumbshit cause Iceman's last name showed up on her caller ID when I called from my new cell he gave me.  Just STUPID shit.  I told her I would call the fucking phone company and ask if they could put my name on his account.  Sarcastically, of course.  She shut up and I told her I was sick of her "Let me play dumb games" all of the time.  Its been YEARS since I have said something to her, the entire family just lets her be "her."  I told her I knew SHE knew exactly what she was doing, being a pain in the ass for no good reason.  We ended the phone call abruptly and I don't care.  I'm sick of being the punching bag when she knows better.  She and Dad are traveling to Disney this Saturday, stopping in GA on the way to see my brother along the way. 

Yeah, tell Mickey I said "Hi." >:(  Gheez.

Its been a long tiring day physically, and I need Cheech and my pillow.  Thanks for letting me vent.  Good night all.

~ Cindy

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 09:52:42 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2008, 09:44:27 am »
Good morning ladies:

I've been getting up later and later.  But I've been staying up  later also.  My friend who is abusing prescription drugs has a history of doing this.  And I know how he feels, but at the same time, something's gotta give sometime.  The biggest thing that helped me was when my mum told me she and my dad weren't going to help me anymore.  Period.  Because my mum was my biggest supporter, but also my biggest enabler.  So I talked to my friend's mum and told her pretty much that she's going to have to stop helping my friend.  She agrees.  So hopefully he will really get some help this time. 

Queen, only a couple more days until b-day time!  Do you have anything planned?

Cin, I used to get anxiety attacks all the time.  Sometimes I get little ones when I'm in a large store, but I just talk to myself and tell myself I'm not going to faint, I deserve to be there just like everyone else.  I know that sounds crazy, but it works for me.

I hope all you other ladies are doing o.k.  Hope to hear from some of you all soon!

Offline wishful

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2008, 10:38:37 am »
Queen if i am welcomed u know ima come!!..with some grain and some cuervo or arbor mist..wateva u want..

I doubt if your more than and hour from me..that would be cool..hopefully u will have your hearing aids fixed..what if we go to a movie?? Can u hear any of that.? Let me know...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2008, 01:18:06 pm »
Still nothing to report. I still haven't been able to get the hearing aid issue squared away yet so Wishful, nope still can't hear. I probably could hear a movie at the theater since I assume it would be quite loud. Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing First Sunday with Ice Cube, Katt Williams and Tracy Morgan in it. It looks funny as hell. You sure you're only an hour away from me?

CIndy, I do hope you feel better. I am LMAO about your Mother. It sounds like she has got issues and wants to be the center of attention. Sometimes you have to dish out that tough love, I guess. My oldest sister sent me a bday card which was a surprise. In the card, she says tell me when is a good time to stop over with your present. Uh, what? I guess that means I'm going to have to get her one when her bday rolls around. I'm just wondering what all this is about? I do get along with her better than my other sister but even with her there is a catch sometimes. I'm gonna have to feel this one out for sure.

I was waiting until his day off for sure but I think it is officially over with me and Rico. Even though he took the bitch way out instead of being a man. Hey, I'm happy...*singing---He's out of my life* I think there was a Michael Jackson song like that back in the day...except he was crying in it...No, tears here, baby. I doubt I will find love and has pretty much given up on it. The men around here are weak.

Betty, I know what you mean about being up late. I was up til 6am playing World of Warcraft. One of my friends here was playing too so it made it that much more fun. I think the only reason I am up is because my sister is suppose to be coming over.

That's about it for me. I am off to watch my soaps and play a little bit of Warcraft. Later Ladies....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2008, 01:34:03 pm »
nope i aint sure..ure gonna have to pm me your address then i can map quest it...how far is it from west philly?..it doesnt matter anyways im still comin...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2008, 01:46:15 pm »
Girl, You coming from West Philly? Oh my, that may be a long haul depending on how you drive and the weather conditions.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2008, 01:54:32 pm »
Girl i can drive to VA and get there before i get to you!!!...lololo i thought u lived nearer to philly..Damn!!!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2008, 03:10:37 pm »
Getting better slowly but surely. Still coughing, but the fluid in my lungs is clear so thats not so bad. Still got a snotty nose. But I can breath out of it most of the time now.

My girlfriend of the last 25 + years is in town from New Jersey. I havent seen much of her. But she is one of those relationships where you can go without seeing her for a year and when you see her again its like no time passed.
She is the only life long friend I've had. I'd consider her more like family and her family is a crazy disfuctional addition too. Love them but damn they are a mess. LOL

Wendy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2008, 10:02:35 pm »
Wishful~  I was chuckling reading the posts after I saw you lived in Jersey.  Queen is over hill and dale away from you, prob 6 hours, if you make it through the mountaiins with no trouble.  LOL  But hey, at least you had good intentions!

I sat down at work today and 5 minutes after being in that chair my neck started getting stiff and I started feeling bad again.  About 20% of what I felt yesterday....I got up, took my big winter parka and lined my chair with it.  It seemed to help, so I think all of this stems from the neck hurting and I get light-headed, and then I probably get anxiety, too.  Sheesh!  I took 4 ibuprofen this morning before I went in to work, to see if it was the neck thing.  Turns out I am probably right, dammit.

Iceman went to replace my tail light/brake light bulb on the driver's side of my Jeep on Tuesday night.  We go to check the lights and both lights are OUT, on the passenger AND the driver's sides!  I was driving at night with NO running lights in back and just the 3rd brake light.  I get there tonight and he checks them for the heck of it and says the drivers one is out AGAIN.  Then as I am tapping the brake, the passenger one goes out too!  Its raining here tonight, and it was obviously dark when we checked this evening.  He goes to replace the passenger one and the new one from Tuesday night has a broken bulb, like it burned out right thru the glass and popped.  I guess the connection is blowing these bulbs out on both sides.  We're going to work on it more this weekend.  Just call me "Winky" for now as far as the rear lights/brakes go.

I think its ironic considering what I have posted under my picture right now, "Could you share your brightest light?"  LMAO

Yes, Mom is a Drama Queen, and plays dumb all of the time with a real attitude.  I just didn't have time for it last night.  So, I am not calling my parents for now.  Let Dad deal with Mom's shit, maybe she'll wise up.  A daughter can only take so much before she needs to speak up.

BT, I get anxious when there is nothing around me to reach out and balance on because of my bad neck.  For example, if I go into the grocery store just to get my Rx, I'll get a cart to lean on.  Just standing and holding the cart, I get unbalanced, I actually do better when I am walking, its weird.  Damn neck.

Wendy, glad to hear you are on the mend.  I am busy trying not to tip over!  LOL  Its really fun when I take my Sustiva.  Its like my head is too damn heavy for this injured neck, and I just want to lay down.  Glad to hear your good buddy is in town.  Will you get to visit much?

Tonight Iceman asked if he "could keep me."  Oh happy happy joy joy!!   :D  I replied, "Please do."

Queen I am sorry about Rico.  You mean he has gone AWOL, MIA with no closure, no phone call?  I hate that shit, its just not right.  I know someone who left me hanging a few months back.  I'm sure you can think of who.....but on to greener pastures, I say.

Oh, tonight in traffic my Sirius Radio goes out, right in the middle of a Scorpions song.  Huh?  I look down and the display says, "To Subscribe, call ......"  So, after a year, Doofus took me off of his subscription.  If he only knew his parents were asking about me and are going to call soon, lol.  I love being the better person, but yes, I am vindictive.  If Doofus' wife (damn, that LOOKS strange, "wife") finds out that his parents are in touch with me, she'll flip!  She doesn't even know me and she has issues.

Let me throw in my favorite quote here: "Good luck with that."

I got a 94% for my "production score" YESTERDAY at work, when my head was about to fall off.  That is really GOOD.  They want you to get at least an 88%.  Those of us who are good "peckers"  ;D  (i.e. fast at typing and more claims per hour) also got introduced to blank claims yesterday too.  You have a claim on the screen and every area of the form is empty, you have to fill out the entire thing.  Before we were just fixing typos and stuff in pre-filled claims.  So, I am happy with my score.  Amazing how the right hand on the numbers keys is engrained in my brain.  Its cool to just type and not even look now!  I get better at it every day.  Maybe I'll be "Head Pecker" soon!  LOL  OK, wrong tangent there, I'm going to bed, I am exhausted.

Night night,
~ Cindy

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:07:40 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2008, 11:49:18 pm »
Yeah, Cindy that is pretty much how it went down with Rico. He just went missing. I don't think he knows that I even know that he moved in with his ex in laws. Or he might, it depends. I just feel bad for my friend because Rico is keeping so much shit going that her parents won't even talk to her which I think is sad. Her parents doesn't like the guy that Rico's ex is seeing because for one he is still married and known to be a player. I think the other reason is that one of the women the guy slept with came out saying she was poz. I guess the guy denied it and everyone kind of forgot about it. Once in a fit of anger, Rico declared that he hoped she came down with the "sickness" as he put it. That clinched it for me as far as disclosing but it was also a bit ironic considering he was dealing with someone with the "sickness". Karma has such a way, I swear.

Anyhoo, my oldest sister stopped over today and brought me my birthday present. I just love stuff for taking baths. You know gel, bath beads and that type of stuff. We got to talking and I came out and told her that I didn't appreciate how our other sister just took it upon herself to disclose for me. She went on to agree but I know she was doing the same thing too. I told her it would be nice if our sister would give me credit for being responsible instead of putting me out there like I am the Angel of Death. Overall, it was a decent visit. She talked loud so I had no problem hearing her. But I also let her know that my roomie knew my status. I guess in a way letting her know that I am trying to be more open with it but on my terms and not anyone else's.

My back has been really stiff lately. Ugh, I could use a massage but usually when I get one, it relaxes me to the point that sometimes I doze off to sleep. Otherwise, it has been pretty much an uneventful day. I may just go to sleep a bit early, well, early for me. But then I'll probably wake right back up again in the wee hours of the morning. I guess that's it for me.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2008, 12:02:59 am »
Hi Girls

Have a question for you.  This is something that has just come up for me.  A friend my has expressed interest in possibly dating but I think he is just looking for sex since we had been intimate a long time ago.  But anyways, we got on this topic of safe sex.   Long story on how we got there, but any ways he is very nieve and thinks that HIV is a gay diesease well as we all know that is not true.  I told him that if I was going to have sex with him or anyone else it would be safe sex.   He questioned why and I told him that I may have been infected and that I was waiting for my 6month window period and if I was going to have sex with him or anyone else it would be safe sex.  He then told me that I was not infected since it was a gay disease and I would know if I was.  I told him that there were a lot of positive people out there and that was very lame of him to think that way.  So my question now comes to what you guys think.  If I were to have sex with this guy, which I am not planning on it since he is so dumb, but do you think that I have fullfilled my obligation on telling him or anyone else that I maybe putting them at risk and if they choose to have sex with me then that is there problem.  I know that I would always practice safe sex with anyone that I did not out right tell that I was +.  So I am curious on your opinions.  I know that even though I am undetectable and its harder for a female to transmit to a male they should carry some of the responsibility especially when I tell them that I may have been exposed.  I would love to hear what you guys thing on this issue.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2008, 12:25:38 am »
Hmmm, uh, ok....First off, IMO, You kind of gave him the heads up when you said you were exposed. What is sad is his ignorance saying that it is a gay disease. Kind of reminds me of Rico when I tried talking to him about it. The ice breaker to the conversation was a comedian speaking on hiv. I asked him what he knew about hiv. His answer which til this day is weird to me. He had a friend who had it but he knew because the meds were refrigerated. Uh, what? I was thinking his friend was on Kaletra that had to be put in the fridge but he gave me the impression that he thought all hiv meds were that way. I had to laugh because when he came over I never hid my meds. They are next to my bed and had often took them with him present. He had even reached over past them to get to the condoms.... :o

Then some have the mentality that you don't look like you have AIDS. That kind of pisses me off because there is a difference which I had to explain to Rico too along with the point that it is harder for women to transmit the virus than men. I was hoping with me explaining all this to him among other things that he would've had a clue but nope, he was still clueless. And there were times when he was set to just dive in w/o any protection and this was in the beginning stages of knowing me. I guess when it comes to sex most hetero men tend to think with the wrong head or has that feeling of being invincible.

I would say educated him as much as you can but I wouldn't even consider sleeping with him. Just my 2 cents. I'm sure the other ladies will have more advice to give than me.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2008, 12:42:55 am »
No worries there I have no plans to sleep with him.  I guess the thought that I had was if I met someone and did not want to disclose to them and was just using that excuse to see what their reaction was and they still wanted to be with me then a little bit down the road if things worked out I could tell them that I was positive.  Lets face it ladies we know that guys come and go and and now I am wondering about having to disclose before its to soon.  I have told guys in the past and they said they were OK with it then for whatever reason poof they are gone.  But then on the other hand I don't like lying to people either and feel I should be up front but If i told them about the potential risk of being exposed and they were still willing to take the chance then they have to take some of the responsibility for it too.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2008, 12:51:45 am »
No worries there I have no plans to sleep with him.  I guess the thought that I had was if I met someone and did not want to disclose to them and was just using that excuse to see what their reaction was and they still wanted to be with me then a little bit down the road if things worked out I could tell them that I was positive.  Lets face it ladies we know that guys come and go and and now I am wondering about having to disclose before its to soon.  I have told guys in the past and they said they were OK with it then for whatever reason poof they are gone.  But then on the other hand I don't like lying to people either and feel I should be up front but If i told them about the potential risk of being exposed and they were still willing to take the chance then they have to take some of the responsibility for it too.

Ok, well, disclosure is a touchy issue. And I will continue to say do what feels right for you. Now back when I mentioned it in regards to Rico, most of ladies were very supportive. Some felt I was wrong by not telling him but I have to say I am glad that I followed my gut instinct. Nor do I feel guilty for not telling him. He was not educated on the subject and quite spiteful in another sense. In my situation, I made sure I was the responsible one.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

tendai

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2008, 04:37:16 am »
sun i agree with Queen, do what feels right for you.  i personally couldnt venture into a potentially serious relationship without disclosing. i think  its easier to handle the rejection at an early stage before u really get to know and like someone. and that dude really needs some educating on the virus, he sounds totally ignorant..

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2008, 09:32:31 am »
Good morning ladies:

Well, Sun, let me just tell you a little of my past experience.  When I married my second husband, he knew before we got married about me being poz.  And there were time that he didn't want to use condoms; well, most of the time he didn't.  So that was on him.  He never tested poz, by the way.  Also, the last guy I was in a relationship with knew I was poz and he hardly ever wanted to use condoms.  So, I think that if the person you're going to have sex with knows about you being poz, but doesn't want to use condoms, then it's on them. We can't be responsible for that.  BTW, the last guy I was in a relationship with never tested poz either.  Oh, when I ended the relationship he called me and threatened to have me put in jail for "attempted murder" but that was at the most laughable.  I echo Queen. You do what feels right for you.  Disclosure is a personal issue.  I don't think there's any textbook right or wrong. 

Queen, tomorrow is the big day.  Any plans?  I'm glad the talk with your sister was civil.  I like the way you talked about your oldest sister disclosing for you and you wanting to do it yourself.  That took some guts.  Good for you.

Cin, congrats on your 94% production score!  That's really great and must make you feel good.  I hope you're feeling better.

Today I have an assignment to do for one of my classes (social psych class).  Last night's class, "Ethics" was really interesting.  It's a philosophy class and I just love philosophy because of how it gets me thinking.  And I have to run some of my old HIV meds that I don't take to my ASO so they can make use of them.  It's so dark and dreary here.  That's one thing I really don't like about winter-hardly ever any sun.  It makes me just want to stay in bed all day and not do anything.  It seems like it takes extra effort to go out.  Ho-hum.  I hope all you ladies have a good one-

Offline wishful

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2008, 10:45:22 am »
Ditto to what BT said...My ex didnt want to use them and the new bf is also tryin it but i stop him and pass him the gold wrapper...  ;) Yes it is also their resposibilty but in the heat of the moment, sometimes they dont think straight and may have to reminded...BTW my ex is negative as well...and we went the majority of the relationship without use with his knowledge of my "sickness"..lol that was funny...the sickness, that shit, the 123 BOOM, the ninja, that thang..i have heard so many crazy names for the virus...sometimes it makes me mad but mostly i chuckle..especially knowing what i know and that the other person making these references and metaphors has no idea they are talkin to someone with it..i just SMH and hope that person talkin smack knows their damn status....
Yeah SUN do what you feel..i thought i would never tell my new bf..but i got drunk and there that went...You will know when its right...but im def with the not disclosing right away ..taht person may ot be able to be trusted with such info...You told him enough for now..but at the end of the window period what do u plan to say??

CIndy: Girl i thought i was goin to the movies and meeting up with someone i been wanting to meet this weekend until i put the damn addy in mapquest...7 freakin hours is what it said..i was like shit..i even changed the city thinking i was wrong..lololo But ..Queen im gonna come when it warms up and the kids are with their daddy in florida this summer..Shit i think Cindy is closer than u and ur just a state over from me...

Glad ur feelin better wini..Oh NY gurl is ok too..i got her on the fone but man man was screaming in the back so she had to go..but hopefully we will talk this weekend...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:51:49 am by wishful »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2008, 04:30:16 pm »
Man, I did not want to get out the bed today at all. Feeling a bit bummed, not sure why, maybe it is something hormonal or maybe because tomorrow is my bday and I'm broke and no plans, I dunno. I managed to crawl out of the bed around 3:30. Had to call my nurse to call me in some more Ziagen, thought I had more refills but didn't.

Yeah, I am located far away from everyone so it seems. It would be nice if I was located closer to one of you ladies. I don't know, I guess I am back in a bit of a funk. I wish there was something I could do to shake it off. I am sure I prolly will in a few days.

Wishful, I know what you mean about the names they give this virus. I have heard it called the same things as you. One thing I try to tell ignorant folks is that people who do have this virus, didn't ask for it. You'd be amazed at the mentality of some folks. I think if I ever do get with a neg person and disclose to them, I am going to draw up a paper stating that I disclosed my status so if the person ever wants to pull that attempted murder bullshit, my ass is covered.

Well since I am not feeling like my cheerful self, I think I will close it here. T.G.I. F. ladies...I am going to take a bath and soak...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2008, 04:55:53 pm »
Hi GFs~

T.G.I. F'n F!!!!  LOL   :D  In case I don't get on here tomorrow..........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR QUEEN!!
I have felt drunk all week with this vertigo/neck thing and I have never even been drunk before....but I imagine that this is what it must feel like.  Its like being on Sustiva and your head also weighing 50lbs instead of 8lbs!  LOL

I am in a good mood, I get to spend the weekend with Iceman.  My GF and her husband invited us over for dinner tomorrow but it might fall through.  We're supposed to go play Guitar Heroes on her WII.  Since I'm the metal head I will probably kick ass, lol!  They even have Iron Maiden on there from what she told me, can you believe it BT?

Tonight I have group and the youngest guy in there is turning 35 tomorrow, same day as Queen.  He is the most newly diagnosed and is bouncing back really well.  We are going to surprise him with a cake tonight. 

After group I'll come back and get Cheech and head to Iceman's.  Ahhhhh, I can't wait to relax some.

Sun~  As far as DohDoh Bird, JUST SAY NO.  I think you have that part figured out already.  If the guy thinks we have a gay disease then that right there can tell you how much he probably knows about other things - Nada.  As far as if you gave him enough info?  I disagree.  Hinting at a possible positive status isn't the same as really telling the truth.  I know you were just testing the waters with this guy, but in the future I would be up front and totally honest with anyone.  After a few dates, if you like the guy, disclose.  I know I know, you risk having them run, or having them say its OK and then never hearing from them again.  You will survive.  I even had an EMT/media spokesperson for the fire dept around here say I was trying to "secretly infect him" years ago, just because I kissed him.  I laughed as he backed out the front door.  I laugh still, all of these years later, when I see his dumbass on TV, reporting on a fire or something.  You think an EMT would have a clue about transmission.  Kiss kiss   :-*  LOL

Wishful, you got a 4WD to go see Queen, lol?  I am about halfway between the two of you.  I am in Maryland but about 45 minutes south of Gettysburg, in Frederick.

Tendai and BT, hope all is well.  BT, are you treading water yet?  They mentioned South Bend on The Weather Channel and I thought of you.  Be careful and get those hip-waders out, lol.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 04:59:46 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2008, 09:18:38 pm »
Good evening ladies:

Wish, you're talking to NY and she's alright?  I'm glad if she is.  I'm sure she's busy with the new baby.

Queen, time to start the countdown!  Three hours!  You need to treat yourself to something, even if it's a good, long soak.  I only have a shower where I live and believe me, I miss my soaks.  I wish I had one of those in-the-ground tubs, do you know what I mean?  I think they're called garden tubs.  I just think they're the bomb.

Cin, I hope your group went well.  I miss mine, but can't go for awhile because I have class on that night.  I also hope your weekend with Iceman goes well, but I know it is probably always exciting.  Well, at least one of us is getting some! 

To tell you the truth ladies, I don't even care about having/not having sex right now.  I think I'm going through some major hormonal changes.  That's why I started the thread on menopause.  I will probably make an appointment with this gyn that I saw in the past for problems.  I should have called today, but got busy doing a paper for school, so I'll do it Monday. 

I have been wanting a cigarette so bad today.  Me and a friend of mine went out for supper.  We went to one of the few restaurants where there's still smoking allowed and two people were smoking.  That made me really crave one-bad.  I have been sitting here all night going crazy, debating on whether to go to 7-11 and get a pack or not.  The thing is, my addict mind says "just one more pack and then I'll quit" and that turns into a carton etc.  Now, here in Hoosierville (Indiana) smoking is the governor's pet peeve.  He's going to slap another $2/pack tax on cigarettes, which is going to raise them up to like $7/pack!  I can't afford that.  That's one of the main reasons I quit in the first place.  It's been two months.  And I stopped taking the Chantix a couple days ago.  OK, I'll stop going on about smoking.  I really do want a cigarette though. :P

I hope all you ladies have a good evening.  Send me some good energy and thoughts that I won't light up again!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2008, 10:00:48 pm »
Cindy - Do you know whats wrong with your neck? Glad ya'll noticed the lights going out on the car. You be careful.

Sunseeker - I wouldnt have unprotected sex with anyone who isnt already infected. I know its harder for a woman to infect a man but it isnt impossible. I dont know how I could live with the guilt of infecting someone who was too ignorant to protect himself. Actually I think I'd have a hard time dealing with the guilt of infecting anyone reguardless of thier intellegence.

My girlfriend is flying back to New Jersey in the morning. I spent some time with her and her mom today. I left her a while ago. She was hanging out with her brothers in Mom's garage all of them sharing a bowl and drinking beer. Of course I was the party pooper and just watched them all talk stupid, but enjoyed making fun of them. I dont smoke or drink and travel anywhere. Plus there where kids in the house and mom and dad too. Not my style. I'm a light weight. No way I'm going to try and drive anywhere and drink or smoke. Plus with the kids there and mom and dad there, just didnt sit right with me.
Maybe I'm a prude. I dont care...

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2008, 12:17:11 am »
[HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEEN]

Hey Girls

thanks for the replies.  I guess I was not clear on what I was trying to get your opinion on, I guess more of a readers pole that anything.  So hear goes let me try putting it a different way.  If you meet a guy and he wants a one night stand and you tell him that you maybe infected and want to practice safe sex regardless (due to other ST D's)  do you feel that you have met your obligation of disclosing without really disclosing.  Because he is aware that you may have it but you are not sure so its his decision if he wants to go through with having sex protected or not.  I know that I would not allow to have sex with someone unprotected just for my piece of mind. 

For the record I have NO DESIRE to sleep with the guy that I had mentioned in my previous posts, I am not attracted to him and his ignorance even makes him less attractive.  Just the conversation sparked the above thought.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2008, 01:52:38 am »
Thanks for the birthday wishes. I appreciate it. I did get my soak on but got pissed cause soon as I got in the MFing tub everybody wants to call and text me. And my dumb ass hates missing a call or text so I am standing up in the tub trying to answer everybody.... ;D

In the case of a one night stand, I would say you gave more info than you needed to but that's just me. I wouldn't feel the need to disclose especially since it was protected unless something like the condom broke or came off during servicing. One night means just that.

Winiroo, I wouldn't say you were being a prude at all. When my Dad was alive, we both smoke but I never would  smoke in front of him. Until one day he said he wanted to smoke a blunt with me. I got all shy and giddy and my Dad got annoyed with me...LOL....That was the only time I ever smoked with him or in front of him. It's a respect thing. But in the hood, many smoke with their kids, you'd be amazed.

Now on to the Ziagen slip up or almost...I called the nurse and she supposedly called it in. Uh, few hours later, I call to see if it is ready and the girl tells me there was nothing called in. Now I am thinking.....HOLY MUTATIONS Batman....I jump on the phone and call my clinic number which in turn puts you into the doctor on call. Thank the Goddess it was my ID doc. He chastised me for waiting so late to call it in since I had took my last pills last night but got the number for my pharmacy. He calls me back 5 minutes later and says it's waiting on me.....WTF? That's not what they told me when I called and I gave the chick the correct spelling of my name and all my info. I thank him and hang up. I fly around the corner to the pharmacy to rip someone a new ass and it's the guy I call the nice pharmacist.....Damn, damn, damn....But I go on to explain how upset  I was and what could've happened. He apologized and all was right as rain. But my doc had a point too...I shouldn't have waited til the last minute.

I think I am PMSing or something because I had stomach and back cramps that had me almost bawling like a baby. No good green around so I popped an 800 ib. And they seem to be coming back....Ugh...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2008, 06:43:22 am »
Happy Birthday Queen!I wish you everything you wish for yourself this year... I hope all troubles go away, first and foremeost the hearing aid issue will be resolved asap. and then everything else that is bothering you. above all, I wish you (and all of us) a peace of mind, happiness, chill, bliss, whatever you want to call it...  :-*

I thought id check in with you ladies, not that i havent been reading. i have to lay low cos of my arm. it got to the stage that when i arrived in spain i couldnt use it at all, not even to pour myself a glass of water. that scared the crap out of me, and of course i am dependent on it on my work.

spain was great, but even though i came back less than a week ago, it feels like weeks. i came back like Cindy wrote, on my last fumes, but i crashed out even more as i burned them down too, it was great, but took a lot from me and left me to confront all my fears about the future, how will we live, what will we do, what about our parents, and mostly will we be a "we".
i am in a wonderful relationship but it doesnt solve life's problems. far from it. but you know that already... there is all this issue of the conservative society in spain, and really leaving my parents and country. when you know that its for good, it breaks your heart... we went on holiday to portugal which was amazing, and where i took the pic of the billboards that Cindy posted. I saw them exactly on the 2 year anniversary of my diagnosis...

got tons of work too, i have to present to my collegues in over a week and i am nervous about that. but this too shall pass... i am really looking forward to going to israel in a month, and showing it to my BF.

that's the update from me... mostly being careful, or trying anyway. Cindy, sounds like your symptoms are brought on by the work. my arm issues stem from my neck too, from the tension in it while i work/live. b/c you have had the whiplash it's even worse. it's great that you are achieving, unfortunately RSI is always associated with achievement at work. it happens to "good" workers... take care of yourself pleeez.

Betty, I hope you didn't smoke. I have gone back to smoking in the past even after 4 years. I know how seductive it is...

Wishful, I didnt get to congratulate you on your disclosure. good on ya!!

Tendai, sorry I didnt get back to you yet. I am really bracing myself in this area. But I am happy for you. Please keep me updated.

Everyone else, lots of love, take care, know that I care even when I dont post...

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2008, 11:44:39 am »
Good afternoon ladies:

OK, first of all:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEEN![/b]

I hope today goes well for you.  You deserve some goodness in your life.  Celebrate!

Drag, girl, good to have you back.  I understand when you can't post because of your arm(s).  I'm glad the vacation went well.  I'm sorry that you have a lot of inner turmoil going on.  Like you said, this too shall pass. One day at a time and all that....

Well, I didn't smoke.  I came so close last night to getting my clothes back on and going to 7-11, but I knew one cigarette would lead to a carton etc.  And with cigarettes going up to like $7/pack here soon, there's no way I can afford that.  Oh, Sun, if I knew I was infected, I would tell someone and if they didn't want to wear a rubber, then that would be on them.  That's just how I feel, and I know we're all different.  And that's alright.  We're all entitled to our own opinions. 

It's almost noon here and I haven't even taken a shower yet.  I have to and go get some more tampons.  The period I'm having is extremely heavy.  Monday I'm going to call a gynecologist I used to see, who is a very good doctor, and make an appointment to go see him.  If there's something hormonal going on, I'd rather have a gyn handle it than my regular doc.  Things like hormones are just precious to me. :D  I don't trust them to just anyone.

Well, I'm going to check a few more threads and take a shower.  Have a good Saturday ladies-

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2008, 12:01:21 pm »
Happy Birthday, Queen. Sorry you don't feel good. Hope you feel better soon.                                                                                               Not much going on. We are both sick and have Doctor appointment's Monday.    Hope everyone else is well. Later, Cristy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2008, 02:22:49 pm »
Happy Birthday Queen!! :) :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.