Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:46:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 385
Total: 388

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How are these numbers looking?  (Read 2598 times)

Offline MightyThor

How are these numbers looking?
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:39:35 pm »
Hi everyone.

Hi, I just tested positive last April. Here are my numbers to date:

27 April: CD4=258, CD4%=20, Viral Load=638,559 (!)
22 May: Started Atripla
29 June: CD4=311, CD4%=18, Viral Load=1583
30 July: CD4=512, CD4%=24.4, Viral Load=550
17 Sept: CD4=498, CD4%=20, Viral Load=247

My viral load has dropped dramatically and steadily. My CD4 count has almost doubled. But what about my CD4%? It jumped up and then back down again. From what I read, 20% is not so great. But my doctors tell me that my numbers are good and not to worry. Ha! Easy for them to say.

So I'm wondering and worrying, am I on the right track? Shouldn't my CD4% be rising? I generally try to eat right and exercise. I don't smoke and rarely drink. What else should I be doing?

Any feedback or suggestions, please?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: How are these numbers looking?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:26:07 am »
You absolutely ARE on the right track.

It might take some time for your CD4 levels to appreciably rise. Time as in months, a year, more. It really varies from person to person.

Also please understand that your CD4 count can vary a hundred points or more each time your blood is drawn. You can minimize this by getting your blood drawn at the same time, under the same conditions (fasting, decent rest, etc) and that will at least help smooth out the numbers. But your numbers look really good.

Insofar as what you can do? Well, as Ann is find of saying, everything in moderation: including moderation.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline brenner

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:25:17 am »
Hi thor, you started out with the same numbers as myself, almost. Im also on atripla and my doctors are kind of bored with me...they want to now see me twice a year.
Your numbers look good, but more importantly, its how good you feel that matters the most.  Try not to obsess with the numbers as everyone is different. Dont compare yourself with other's results.  Hang in there.
Feb 23. 2011  poz diagnosed
Feb 28.  cd4 257, vl 262400, %21
Mar 14.  start Atripla
May 18.  cd4 639, vl 690, %33
Aug 19.  cd4 583, vl 60, %38
Nov 18.  cd4 450, vl UD, %38
Feb.19   cd4 649, vl UD, %35
Jun 08.  cd4 524, vl UD, %34
Sep 16.  cd4 567, vl UD, %35
Dec 02.  cd4 592, vl UD, %35
Mar 10.  cd4 688, vl UD, %35

Offline MightyThor

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 11:30:10 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing. I've only told a couple trustworthy friends, so it's reassuring to get some feedback from others on the same path. I'm trying to remain calm. And I do feel much better then I did last spring.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.