Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:54:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 682
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 658
Total: 658

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Freaking out  (Read 4631 times)

Offline godfather87966

• Standard
Freaking out
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:55:41 pm »
Hello Everyone

I would be really glad, if you can answer my question since i have anxiety for a long time.

I am a heterosexual guy and curcumsized , last time i was tested for HIV was 2012 May,

Since then i slept with a prostitute last december 2012 ,it was protected ,i used condom for oral sex and insertive vaginal intercourse, after sex i figured out the expiration date was 2009 on the condom. After sex i checked the condom under water and to see any water leaking, i couldnt find anything.The sex was in overseas in Cyprus and i am not sure the condom she gave really protects against stds cos it was a cheap brand and i couldnt find any info about the brand online.

Also i am afraid that can there be any pinholes that could happen during sex that leaded for hiv to be transmitted to me?

After this intercourse i had sex again with a girl in Canada protected again but during oral sex ,she took the condom off without asking me ,she was a girl i met at a bar but vaginal sex was all protected and i guess i used durex brand this time.

4 Months ago i had protective oral sex with another girl and fingered her vagina ,can i get hiv from fingering?

After this 1 year passed since the Cyprus incident, i had rashes this summer in florida on my arms and splinter haemorrhages on my thumbs coming and go since summer, i had seborrahic dermatitis which i believe , one doctor said no , one doctor said yes , but as you know the weather in Canada is cold, and my facial hair is peeling also i have dandruff on my hair which i didnt have before in my life.
And i google and found out seborrahic dermatitis is a primary symptomp of hiv, did anyone have this as symptomp?

for the last week i have night sweats and freaking out and cant get tested , i dont even date anymore with anyone and thinking all girls have hiv, i dont even believe condoms as a solution any more so i plan on just having a long relation with 1 partner or staying single for a while,

I want to get tested ,relax and face the reality, but  i am so afraid, i live alone , i have a beautiful job and life but i do not want to lose all of this , if smth happens i just wont believe it since  i did all precautions but sometimes life is all bad luck i guess.

Pls help me

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Freaking out
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 07:44:00 pm »
You had no risk in anything you did for HIV . The vaginal sex was protected and you would have known if the condom broke so that's not a problem , they are designed so that there is no doubt when they fail .

The oral sex was not a risk , you cant get HIV from having your dick sucked .

Your symptoms are not specific to HIV and could be from anything other than HIV , if you are sick go see your doctor and find out why . To discuss symptoms is only guessing so we don't discuss them .

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME for this incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:22:29 pm »
Hello!

Wow, you have been holding on to some really harsh anxiety for far too long.

NOTHING you mention is is ANY WAY an HIV situation. Protected sex actually protects against HIV to a greater degree than many/most other STDs, as the only vulnerable area in a circumsized male is the urethra, the opening at the end of your penis.

And don't fret over "pinholes" in the condom. Latex condoms are designed to fail catastropically. A failed condom is patently obvious, usually looking like a shredded hula skirt around your penis. You were never at risk.

Also, I honestly don't understand why obscure things like seborrahic dermatitis and hairy tongue keep popping up as "surefire" HIV symptoms. They seriously aren't. As a matter of fact, the syndrome known as ARS (Acute  Retroviral syndrome) which often (but not always) accompany seroconversion resemble the flu more than anything else, as it is your body's mounted defense against the virus that a person is feeling. It is not caused by the virus itself.

While you don't need to test over the incidents you described, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline godfather87966

• Standard
ADVICE TO ALL PEOPLE
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:11:47 am »
I might be a normal person with mistakes in the past and i am no superior to anyone on this forum.

But i would like to share what i went through ,although it is nothing compared to the problems of people infected with HIV.
I really wish ,health, strength and all the best who is going through HIV and although i am HIV negative, my hearth is with them and they are real warriors on this earth and i respect them so much.

Also i would like to thank to people on this forum ,who spent their time and do their best to help other people and answer their questions .

God Bless you all.

Regarding my advice,

Pls people always use protection and if you are married or in a relation please try to be monogomous.It doesnt worth the joy of seconds to your entire life.

I am going through this anxiety for more than 12 months and today i am relieved by the negative test result i recieved.

Thanks God.

Also pls never go by symptomps ,it doesnt make any sense at all , what it does ,it really gives you anxiety and make other things appear.

I had seborrahic dermatitis, cold ,rashes on my body,splinter haemorrhages,dandruff  many other things also i was looking at the mirror every 10 mins to diagnose the white spot on my tongue thinking it was hairy leukoplakia,

Finally i said enough and went to doctor and got tested , i know it s hard to make the move but you have to do it.

Also HIV is not death sentence and i believe in the near future and soon enough there will be Cure , even right now there are meds which can help people to have a healthy life with side effects.

I again would like to say ,people with HIV are real warriors ,they have to go through side effects and all those hard tasks and they are still strong and healthy.

May God Bless you all.

I wish you the best for you all.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: ADVICE TO ALL PEOPLE
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:19:16 am »
Glad to hear you tested negative.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 10:27:46 am »
GF,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

It's no surprise that you tested negative - you didn't have a risk.

Use condoms correctly and consistently for anal or vaginal intercourse, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.