Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:00:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 423
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 410
Total: 411

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Kylie in the US!!!!  (Read 7058 times)

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
Kylie in the US!!!!
« on: June 18, 2009, 12:36:41 am »
I am so excited...I got tickets to see her in NYC.  She hasn't toured here ever (I think)

Anyone else going?

Yes, I am a queen :)

Offline AndyArrow

Re: Kylie in the US!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:46:00 am »
She will be in Chicago October 7th!!!
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:18:32 am »
Her show was amazing last night! I was there 10 feet away from her....

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 11:41:44 am »
She's dreadful, but at least she gets to give head to this every night:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXDX_R7z_Fw

He's like the hottest man in the universe, well at least since Kylie ditched Olivier Martinez.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:45:31 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 12:52:18 pm »
She's dreadful, but at least she gets to give head to this every night:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXDX_R7z_Fw

He's like the hottest man in the universe, well at least since Kylie ditched Olivier Martinez.

Never liked her music, never liked Madonna as well, can't stand CURRENT POP MUSIC
 all the music I listen to is more than 20 to 30 yrs old, maybe even older than a lot of you guys......I'm 53, I know I'm old........SHUT UP! you'll be old someday , if you all live that long  ::)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:55:34 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:40:57 pm »
Never liked her music, never liked Madonna as well, can't stand CURRENT POP MUSIC
 all the music I listen to is more than 20 to 30 yrs old, maybe even older than a lot of you guys......I'm 53, I know I'm old........SHUT UP! you'll be old someday , if you all live that long  ::)

Most of the audience last night was a bunch of 40 to 50 something year old queers and we were having a good ole time.  I'm not a huge fan, but it was incredible to get out jump around, sing a long and get swept up in the moment.   To each is own.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 05:02:25 pm »
Her outfits look ridiculous.  Still, i enjoyed a number of her hits over the years.

Now, Mitzi Gaynor had class and sass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pUaUSBP3Y4&feature=related
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 05:09:22 pm »

I hope she knows what she's doing. Looks like another gorgeous heartbreaker.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 05:09:42 pm »

Kylie Cyrus?!??!?!  I didn't know you guys watched Hanna Montana!  My seven year old loves that show!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 06:17:07 pm »
PLEASE keep her over there...we are soooo over her down under... ;D

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline fearless

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 12:39:35 am »
speak for yourself Jan.

The singing budgie still rules. She's our only 'international popstar' and a huge icon. I've got a lot of respect for her. And, those men she keep's on picking up. Good luck to her.

PYNJ, have you seen her yet?
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 12:50:49 am »
Ok Steve..obviously a fan... ;D

If she decides to grow old gracefully she will be turn out ok I guess...but if she doesn't then she will end up looking like Madonna..all skin and sinew..ugly, ugly look, and I 've heard it said that Kylie wants eternal youth...she needs to keep up with the young men in her life... ;)

Time will tell.

Hugs

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 09:45:04 am »
I have to admit, I have no clue who this woman is and I haven't heard any of her music. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline denb45

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 12:04:35 pm »
I have to admit, I have no clue who this woman is and I haven't heard any of her music.  

Oh don't worry, your not missing out on anything not knowing who she is  Pop Stars are a dime a dozen anyway, (she not even a current one anyway, at least not over here in the US) and most all of them, can't even sing as good as they did back in the day, 20 or 30 yrs. ago, long live 60's and 70s Oldies but Goodies Music, anything made after that is down-right horrible   :o
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:14:41 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 05:24:40 pm »
oh Well back to the OP....

It was FUN. Pure BubbleGum Gay Pop but  Fun! Was there on Opening Night in Oakland CA. She clearly tailored her show to the Gay Crowd.
Pete you'll have to let me know what you thought of her entrance.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 05:41:42 pm »
oh Well back to the OP....

Yes seriously Pete I hope you enjoy her concert..let us know how it all went.

Hugs

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 05:51:20 pm »
Kyles puts on quite a great show.  Saw her once several years ago.  I hope you liked it Pete.

And yeah, she is definitely not very vocally gifted or a mainstream "diva" in the States, but her material is usually decent and well produced (and she remains a big seller elsewhere).  I prefer her bubble-gum brand of pop to most of the vomititious stuff that plagues the airwaves nowadays.  Nobody said that she was Billie Holiday or Aretha.  She is a good entertainer nonetheless.

This whole thing about attacking musicians [and implicitly the tastes of other people] gets seriously tiresome sometimes.

Again, Pete, hope it was great... please share with us how it went.  

m.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:52:58 pm by livebythemoon »
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 05:54:09 pm »
This whole thing about attacking musicians [and implicitly the tastes of other people] gets seriously tiresome sometimes.

I totally agree, and I hope no one takes what I posted as an insult.  I was just stating I don't know who she is.

And yeah, Pete, I hope you have a good time.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 07:25:23 pm »

Nonsense.  I enjoy it immensely.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 07:34:23 pm »
Nonsense.  I enjoy it immensely.

Really? I woulda never known  ;D
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 08:53:08 pm »

I seriously thought you guys were talking about Mylie Cyrus...  So there is a Kylie also?  Is she Kylie Minoche by any chance?  How come I never know any of this music?  Hope you have a great time though Pete, judging from everyone's responses she must be great. 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 07:45:31 am »
She is a major star around the world, except the usa?  cool

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 02:52:35 pm »
Like Robbie Williams. (blech)

Offline denb45

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 04:16:29 pm »

FOFLOL   ;D

Offline mecch

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 05:53:46 pm »
Robbie Williams has faded from the "pop super star" radar quite a bit here. Kylie is still way up. Real Diva category.  Im sure she has made 2x the money of Robbie as well.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 06:03:05 pm »
Wow, lots of strong opinions about Kylie! 

I go next Monday - and I am really excited especially after seeing video of her opening night in San Fran.  She looked like she was having fun up there (imagine that, a pop star who seems actually happy to be doing what they do). 

I know Kylie is pure bubblegum pop, but goddammit, that is exactly what I need right now.  3000 queens in Hammerstein Ballroom dancing around having the time of their lives.  Hopefully I will get to kiss a few of them that night :)

Oh, if Robbie Williams wants to come over here and perform, he can stay at my house...I love a dirty boy :)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 06:04:21 pm »

Well, I won't contradict you on that one.  With the exception of "Rock DJ" and his duet with Ms. Minogue his music has never been of much interest to me (and he himself is a total wanker).  Now, Take That?  They were just (and still are, without Robbie) totally dreamy.

Now, back to Kylie.  Don't tell me that there is nothing in her catalogue that you [at least somewhat] dig (even if it is just the Fire Island Mix of "Where Has The Love Gone" or her cutesy ballad "Put Yourself In my Place").  C'mon, don't pose Philly ;D

Offline fearless

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 01:05:19 am »
Ok Steve..obviously a fan... ;D

Not really a fan, Jan. I used to be quite friendly with her, around the time she moved from TV Sopie star to pop music in the late 80's. Her music is a bit too girly pop for me, but at the same time fun. I only ever saw her in concert once in Sydney in about 1990.
I respect her and where she has come from, what she has dealt with. She was a kid just like me, haging round in dodgy gay clubs having fun... was panned and laughed at, called the singing budgie... and look at her now... she can laugh at all her critics... Good on her, I say.

She's never really made it in the US but is huge just about everywhere else. For those interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kylie_Minogue
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Texan38

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 04:37:13 am »
I remember "The Loco-Motion"! Then she simply disappeared from the radio until "Can't Get You Out of My Head" came along and she was all over the place again. That's a great CD!
She doesn't seem to have to many tour dates in the US though....
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 11:26:03 pm »
OK.  There are a few Kylie remixes that are acceptable.  Here is the first one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSL2EPQeFX0

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 11:37:59 pm »
OK.  There are a few Kylie remixes that are acceptable.

Here's one that I bet you will like Philly... quite stomping and her vocals have been virtually "deconstructed" (well, actually more like stripped :) ) by Felix Da Housecat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lonIFic9tmg

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 11:39:29 pm »
Here's one that I bet you will like Philly... quite stomping and her vocals have been virtually "deconstructed" (well, actually more like stripped :) ) by Felix Da Housecat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lonIFic9tmg

Gag Miss Honey, I was just about to post that for my second selection.  You bitch.  I totally live for *early* Aphrohead/Housecat stuff.

That guy "RJJNY"'s youtube channel is ever so subscription worthy -- it's all Sound Factory classics.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:41:01 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 11:58:36 pm »
Gag Miss Honey, I was just about to post that for my second selection.  You bitch.  I totally live for *early* Aphrohead/Housecat stuff.

That guy "RJJNY"'s youtube channel is ever so subscription worthy -- it's all Sound Factory classics.

He is... I'm browsing thru his library and he's got some seriously good stuff in there (MAW with my lady Xaviera Gold!)... those must have been some fab days.

And Felix?  He is fantastic.  "Silver Screen Shower Scene" has to be one of the best songs ever.  Period.

Offline Peacock

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 03:33:43 am »
I saw Kylies 'Paris tour'. It was stunning. the costumes were great, and She has an amazing stage presence. she uses the Whole stage and its almost like going the the theatre and watching a play. she doesnt just stand and sing- she uses the whole stage with SEXY dancers and Acrobatics in tights.
Aaaaah ..and its just a great night to go out and sing along to all the songs. Im not a huge fan of Kylies music, in fact i hardly listen to the cd's I have of her- but the Concert was Fabulous and glamorous kylie just loves being an Icon to the Gay community. Go see the show even if its just for the Dancers and tights! (and its a great opportunity to wave flashing disco sticks) ;D
Peacock,Steve
Diagnosed 07/01/2002
Started Haart- 25/11/04 Cd4: 205 VL: 76'500
                      19/12/08 Cd4: 623 VL: UD
      26/03/12 Cd4: 497 Cd4%: 30.10 VL: UD
Combivir and Nevirapine(200mg) x1 of each-Am & pm
Not changed Meds since starting on HAART
Green Tea,Multivit,Selenium ACE,Folic acid,Vit C,Aciclovir 200mg 5x per day for 3 days-(ONLY when I have Shingles!)
100 percent adherence-with the help of a wristwatch!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.