Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 434
Total: 434

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Glans was touched and risk for HIV and STDs?  (Read 16938 times)

Offline sen12345

Glans was touched and risk for HIV and STDs?
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:46:37 am »
Dear Doctors,

I need your advice on my worry about HIV infection.

I am a 34 years old Asian. When I was crossing the street in Mongolia, one Mongolian man run to me and hit me. I blocked his fist with my left hand. This man quickly run away after he hit me. I found that there was a wound on my left hand. The skin was chafed, the wound was red but there was no blood come out. Do I have risk of an HIV infection?   

As it happened almost one year ago, I can't remember clearly whether the blood came out of my wound. If the blood came out of my wound at that time, do I have risk risk of an HIV infection?

Thanks a lot.

Sen

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Hand wound and HIV infection possibility
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 10:31:55 am »
Sen,

As you were told repeatedly on the MedHelp forum, what you describe is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected in this manner and you aren't going to be the first.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sen12345

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 07:17:12 am »
Dear Ann,

Thanks for your reply.

I got advice reply on the MedHelp forum but I just want to know the detailed explanation for no risk of HIV infection for my situation. Could you explain to me?

Some articles on Internet say that if the wound on body is big and deep, and the bleeding is very serious, you will have chance to contract HIV when your wound is contacted by people's blood who is HIV +. Do you agree it? Is there anyone who gets HIV infection by blood contact through his or her wound on body in the world?

Thanks.   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 07:37:39 am »
Sen,

If you came across a car wreck and tried to help someone inside the car who was bleeding heavily, and you cut yourself deeply on some of the jagged metal from the car and afterwards got some of the person's blood directly into your own wound, THEN and ONLY then might you be at risk for hiv infection.

This is NOTHING like what happened to you. You didn't have a risk.

Keep posting about this NO RISK situation and you'll quickly be timed out. As I said in my first post to you, you've already been told on MedHelp REPEATEDLY that you had no risk. Our answers are not going to be any different.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sen12345

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 09:33:06 am »
Dear Ann,

I really appreciate your reply.

Thanks for your help and time!

Sen

Offline sen12345

Glans was touched and risk for HIV and STDs?
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 07:40:35 pm »
Hi, my glans was touched by a massage lady and she possibly touched my urethra opening in my glans. I was not sure whether the lady had her vaginal fluid or other guy's semen on her hand.

If the lady had her vaginal fluid or other man's semen on her hand, then she touched my glans or my urethra opening in my glans, do I have risk to get HIV and other STDs infection, such as syphilis, gonorrhea etc.?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Glans was touched and risk for HIV and STDs?
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 07:45:51 pm »
No risk. Take the time to read the Transmission Lessons. You can find the link in the welcome thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 07:52:56 pm »
sen,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse you've not told us about, you haven't been at risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sen12345

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 08:19:22 pm »
Dear RapidRod and Ann,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I can relax that I don't have risk for HIV.

But how about my risk to get other STDs, such as syphilis, gonorrhea etc. for my situation?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 09:51:50 pm »
We only deal with HIV here. We do always recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year and more often if there are any risky activities or symptoms such as pain when urinating or other signs of an STD. But that's something to discuss with your doctor. We can't diagnose symptoms. here.

Andy Velez

Offline sen12345

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 10:47:20 pm »
Dear Andy,

Could you recommend a professional STD forum for me to post my question on STDs there?

Thanks for your reply and time.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 11:24:26 pm »
How about going to an STD clinic and ask your questions there instead of on an Internet.

Offline sen12345

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 11:45:04 pm »
Dear RapidRod,

Thanks for your reply.

Offline sen12345

Oral sex with condom, masturbation and risk for HIV and STDs?
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 09:28:43 pm »
Hi,

I want to know your opinion on risk for HIV and STDs infection for my siutation. I am scared these days.

I met a Chinese female sex worker on March 11, 2009. She helped me to put on a condom and did oral sex with condom for me. She sucked my penis with condom and with ice in her mouth. I didn't ejaculate and she helped me to take off the condom. She masturbated me till my ejaculation. As this lady took off my condom, I didn't know whether the condom was broken or not.

Did I have risk for HIV and other STD infection under following siutations:
1. The condom was not broken;
2. The condom was broken;

Is it necessary for me to test for HIV and other STDs?

My English is not perfect. I hope I told my siutation clearly.

Thanks for your time and help in advance.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 09:40:36 pm »
sen,

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection, no matter if you have a condom on, a broken condom on, or no condom at all. Getting sucked is NOT a risk, no matter what.

Getting masturbated is also no risk for hiv.

You don't need to test for anything in regards to this incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sen12345

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 12:25:42 pm »
Dear Ann,

Thanks for your reply. I can relax now.

Offline sen12345

Cleaned semen with wet tissue paper and risk for HIV and STDs?
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 01:00:34 am »
Hi,

I want to know your opinion on risk for HIV and STDs infection for my siutation.

I met a Chinese female sex worker on March 18, 2009. She helped me to put on a condom and did oral sex with condom for me. She sucked my penis with condom. I didn't ejaculate and she masturbated me till my ejaculation. After my ejaculation, she used a wet tissue paper to clean my semen. I didn't know whether she used this wet tissue paper to clean her private parts and there was her vaginal fluid on the wet tissue paper.

Did I have risk for HIV and other STD infection under following siutations:
1. She used wet tissue paper to clean my semen;
2. She used normal dry tissue paper to clean my semen;

Is it necessary for me to test for HIV and other STDs?

Thanks for your time and help in advance.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 04:58:13 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 08:36:10 am »
Ann already answered your questions and now you are repeating almost the same ones again.

HIV and sex is not a complicated issue. The only confirmed risks for HIV sexually are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Use condoms for those activities and you will be well protected. It is just that simple.

Getting your penis sucked is absolutely not a risk. Nor are touching, masturbation and other details you have asked about. Period.

You need to apply what is said here to future situations and not simply return with the same concerns more or less everytime you have sex.

Andy Velez

Offline sen12345

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 09:32:47 am »
Dear RapidRod and Andy,

Thanks for your reply and help.

I will take your answers as final instruction on sex risk for HIV.

Offline sen12345

Condom slipped off, no insertion, risk for HIV?
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 06:27:51 am »
Hi Dear Doctors,

I had sex with a Mongolian female sex worker with condom, when I was changing body position, I couldn't insert my penis into her vagina, then she helped me with her hand, but at that time, the condom was slipped off. I noticed it and didn't insert my penis into her vagina without condom. I put on a new condom and continued the sex intercourse. The condom was not slipped off till the end of the sex intercourse.

Do I have risk of HIV infection?

Thanks in advacne.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 08:19:55 am »
No, there was no risk in that situation. You ought to be able to realize that now on your own. We've told you very specifically what is risky and what is not. You need to apply what has been said to you previously as you continue on in your life sexually.

There is no need for further concern about this most recent incident. 
Andy Velez

Offline sen12345

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 02:06:37 am »
Thanks for your reply.

I really apprecite your help on risk of HIV infection in the sex intercourse. I will remeber what I learn here.

Thank you again!

Offline sen12345

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 11:29:53 pm »
Hi Dear Doctors,

Two weeks ago, I had sex with a Chinese female sex worker with condom in Hong Kong. I remebered that the condom package was grey and condom was ivory white. The sex worker helped me to put on the condom. I squeezed the air from the air cell of the condom. After the sex intercourse, I checked the condom and found it was intact and my semen didn't leak.

But from last week, I began to be suspicious of whether I used condom during the sex intercourse with the sex worker or not. I used to use the condom bought by myself. I drank some beer and didn't feel clearly that night. Do these factors cause my suspicious? Is my suspicious symptom of obsession disease?

Thank you!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 06:19:27 am »
Sen,

We're not doctors. We're people who have studied hiv transmission and testing.

You know exactly what you did with the sex worker - you know all the details of pinching the air out etc, yet you question whether you used a condom? You're letting your over-active imagination run away with you and yes, you're becoming obsessive. We can't help you with that here. You might want to seek professional mental health care for your extreme phobia/obsession.

You didn't have a risk. You've already been told that condoms prevent hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sen12345

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 08:25:49 am »
Hi Ann,

Thanks for your reply.

Every time before I had sex with female sex worker, I asked several same questions: "Are you infected with STD and HIV? Will I get STD and HIV infection after sex intercourse with you with condom" The sex workers always said that there is no possility of STD and HIV infection for having sex with condom. I drank some beer, didn't feel clearly and didn't ask these necessary questions that night. Then I had sex with her. This may be the reason for my suspicious.

I checked on the Internet: doing everything according to his own regulation, otherwise he will feel there is some problem, being suspicious for most things done by himself, sometime he worry about get some disease infection for no reason, these are typical symptoms of obsession disease.

I think: at that time if I didn't use condom and ejaculate inside the sex worker, she would not let me do so. She was also afraid that I have STD and HIV infection and transmit them to her. So my suspicious may be excrescent and incorrect.

Thank you!

Offline sen12345

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 08:28:34 am »
Hi Ann,

I have been worried about HIV infection since April, 2008. I asked many questions on various HIV prevention forums, especially in AIDSmeds/POZ Community Forums. I really appreciate your help on my concern. I was told that using condom is effective method to prevent HIV infection for long time. I should know use condom when having sex with female sex worker.

You think that it is mental disease, such as obsession disease that caused my worry, right? There is no actual risk for HIV infection for my situation, right?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 09:25:51 am »
Yes, that's right. NO RISK.

You don't seem to transfer what you are told about one situation to any of your subsequent experiences.

Maybe you do need to talk with a professional about your recurring fears. We cannot help you with that need in this setting. All we can do is evaluate a situation as it is described to us. You've been coming here long enough to know what is a risk sexually and what isn't. Get yourself some help to deal with the recurring fears.

Andy Velez

Offline sen12345

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 04:59:41 am »
Hi Ann and Andy,

Would drinking beer let me forget to put on condom during my sex with CSW?

Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 05:25:24 am »
If you were that intoxicated you wouldn't have remembered having sex.

Offline sen12345

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 02:37:10 am »
Thanks for your reply

Offline sen12345

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 06:09:01 am »
Hi Doctors,

I have eczema on my scrotum. I often feel itchy on my scrotum and scrabble on it. So there are some cuts on my scrotum.

I had protected vaginal sex with a commercial sex worker. Before sex was started, I checked my scrotum, the cuts on it were not bleeding. I put on a condom before we started sex. After our sex was finished, condom was complete and there was no leakage of my semen.

I am worried about that vaginal secretion of this commercial sex worker contacted my cuts on scrotum. Do I have risk for HIV infection? If my cuts on scrotum were bleeding, do I have risk for HIV infection?

Thanks in advance.

Sen

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 07:08:17 am »
sen,

Once again, you're here with a NO RISK situation. We've repeatedly told you that condoms prevent hiv infection. We've also repeatedly told you that hiv is not transmitted outside the body, and anything that may or may not have gotten on your scrotum was OUTSIDE the body.

No risk, no need to test.

If you keep going on about this latest no risk situation, you will quickly be given a time out. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation(s), will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Use condoms correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Ann
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:11:23 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.