Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:01:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773187
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 296
Total: 297

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This Disgusts Me!  (Read 5460 times)

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
This Disgusts Me!
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:44:18 pm »
This has to be one of the the most depressing, abhorent things that I have read in my entire life and I've both seen and been through a ton of shit myself. I've experienced less nausea from my meds.

YUCK!  :'(

3 charged with murder in Ga. boy's death

SAVANNAH, Ga. - A convicted child molester and his father took turns sexually assaulting a 6-year-old boy while the molester's mother watched, then they choked the boy to death, according to an indictment issued Wednesday. The indictment charges all three family members with murder and child molestation in the slaying of young Christopher Michael Barrios, whose body was found last Thursday inside a trash bag dumped by a roadside.

District Attorney Stephen D. Kelley said he will seek the death penalty against 32-year-old George David Edenfield, who has a prior child molestation conviction from 1997, and his parents, David and Peggy Edenfield.

"This is one of the most horrific crimes that I have seen in 21 years of prosecutions," Kelley said.

Christopher went missing for a week before police found his body about three miles from his trailer park home outside Brunswick, a Georgia port city 60 miles south of Savannah. The suspects lived in a mobile home across the street from the boy's grandmother.

The indictment contains grim details about the case that police and prosecutors had not previously revealed. It says Christopher died from asphyxiation March 8 — the day he was reported missing — after the suspects choked him while "ignoring his complaints that they were hurting him." The indictment does not say which of three caused the boy's death.

It also claims George Edenfield and his 58-year-old father sodomized the boy and forced him to perform oral sex while Peggy Edenfield watched and masturbated.

"They deserve the worst, for them to torture my son like that, every last one of them," said Mike Barrios, the slain boy's father.

A friend of the Edenfield family, Donald Dale, was indicted on charges of concealing a death and tampering with evidence. Kelley said Dale did not become involved until after Christopher had been killed.

Nathan Williams, the attorney for 57-year-old Peggy Edenfield, declined to comment Wednesday. Attorneys for George and David Edenfield did not immediately return phone calls.

Glynn County police arrested the Edenfields four days after the child vanished while playing alone outside. Police Chief Matt Doering said all three suspects confessed to playing roles in the boy's abduction.

Police have said Dale admitted to investigators he helped the Edenfields dispose of Christopher's body.

Other charges against the Edenfields include false imprisonment, cruelty to children and enticing a child for indecent purposes.

Police have described George David Edenfield as mentally slow, but not retarded and capable of understanding right from wrong.

Ironically, the Edenfields moved into the trailer park where Christopher lived last year because of a Georgia law intended to keep child molesters away from children. Sheriffs' deputies told George Edenfield in September that he had to leave his home near downtown Brunswick because it was too close to a playground. Georgia law prohibits registered sex offenders from living within 1,000 feet of schools and other places that draw children.

His family went to live in the trailer park in October after George Edenfield was arrested for failing to move as ordered. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was sentenced to probation March 5, three days before Christopher disappeared.

George Edenfield was required to register as a sex offender after he pleaded guilty in 1997 to molesting two boys, ages 7 and 9. Prosecutors said he rubbed his clothed body "in a sexual manner" against the boys, who also were fully dressed. He was sentenced then to 10 years on probation.

His father, David Edenfield, pleaded guilty to incest in 1994. He was accused of having sex with an adult relative who was not his son.

Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline Longislander

Re: This Disgusts Me!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:46:25 pm »
that is probably one of the most disgusting things I've read in a long time. And so very sad for the boy and his parents. I hope they get the max/death.
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 03:33:03 am »
If that had been my child I would swing for them all and not think twice about it..disgusting doesn't even come close to how I feel about people like this...forget court, forget jail, just throw them into a room full of angry parents.

Jan :'(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 04:00:24 am »
I don't understand the story - why exactly did she watch? Had there been some history of abuse over the years for the parents as well as the son? It's a confusing brutal story.

I am against the death penalty. I certainly hope they get long sentences if this proves to be true - did one of the 3 confess? I guess it's so shocking I almost want to believe it's not true somehow... esp. the mother just watching, I don't get that at all..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 04:31:35 am »
Jan, 70 cents would fix this problem. A 357 and three shells.

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 04:55:46 am »
I just have to say how dismaying I find that kind of comment - it hurts me to read it. We don't get to peace any other way other than being peaceful ourselves. Of course, you are entitled to your opinions, but it saddens me - rant over!!

Metta,
Rich

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 05:21:03 am »
Sorry, I don't see keeping anyone confined at 52,000 a year in a prison at the tax payers expense, that if you let them out, they well offend another child and make that childs life a mental wreck. Yes, I'm pro death penality and women's rights.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 06:42:15 am »
We don't get to peace any other way other than being peaceful ourselves

Are you saying that the parents of that poor child should forgive, walk away and then peacefully get on with their lives like nothing had happened? what peace did that poor child get in the last hours of his life.

If Rod's comments upset you then think on this, not only would I load that rifle but I would pull the trigger myself...child molesters and child murderers are the scum of the earth and do not deserve to live...and believe me I am NOT a violent person, I have a grandson the same age as young Christopher and I would do anything, and I mean anything to make them suffer for what they did...I'm sorry but that's my opinion..and just like you I'm entitled to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 06:59:53 am »
This is such a sad incident and shakes my faith to the core. What it must have been like for the child and now what his parents must feel is beyond what I can imagine.  I do not support the death penalty and believe we are called on to forgive, however things like this make it so difficult.  If a horrific thing like this happened to someone I loved I know what I hope I would do, but I cannot say that I would.

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 08:58:28 am »
Hang all of them...Slowly
Meds doing well so far.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 09:29:10 am »
I feel the same way Jan does. I'm not a violent person (normally) but this....shooting is too good for them. Make them suffer...then shoot them.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 10:58:22 am »
I line up firmly with Jan and Rod on this one.   What a tragedy, it made me cry just reading about it.   What kind of monster can do this kind of thing to an innocent child?

Child molesters may have a mental illness, I agree....but I also think that 99.99% of them know right from wrong.  Being mentally ill does not excuse this type of crime, IMHO.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 11:59:44 am »
I couldn't even finish reading the story.  Got about one or two paragraphs in and had to stop.  Already heard a snippet about this on the local news night before last. 

Very, very few things infect me with rage as much as abuse of children or seniors.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline carousel

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 12:03:33 pm »
It's terrible what happened to this child, but I still don't think demonising these people will solve anything.  It certainly does not help stop any future cases from happening.

They've only been charged at the moment, so Justice will be done, however gruesome that may be.

I don't think the police are experts in deciding on what was going through these people's minds.  Being 'mentally slow' is not just about being able to read and write and debilitates many in the community.  We'll wait and see and hear the facts, if they are reported in the same way.  A less sensational truth doesn't often hit the headlines.

What is it in these people's lives lead them to do it?  Abuse, violence, mental health problems, learning difficulties, poverty or a myriad of other factors that can lead people to do the most dreadful things.  

What services were in place to help these people to not behave like this?

We'll wait and see.  The death penalty should never be an option.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 12:10:02 pm »
I don't support the death penalty under any circumstances... and it's things like this that make me really want to make exceptions... but I can't.

You do know what's going to happen to these evil fucks in prison, right?

It will probably make death seem like a sweet release. 

Heh heh heh...
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 01:02:33 pm »
I just looked at this post and It disgusts me as well. I have to agree with several people here, if that had been my child,they would not have lived to see trial.  yet another reason,even here,that my son never goes outside by himself.  Cristy

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 01:10:49 pm »
OMG How awful............
Truly there are some horrible people in the world
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 02:21:26 pm »
These people will never be any good to anyone for any reason. I agree with Rod and Jan, save the $50-$80,000 a year it takes to keep these scumbags alive. I try to be understanding about a lot of things, but this is one thing I will not be understanding of. I used to be an anti death penalty supporter, but over the years, I've seen things that have convinced me that there are times when it is required. This is most definitely one of them. Jan, I'll stand beside you and pull the trigger too. No qualms whatsoever..
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 02:22:24 pm »
It's terrible what happened to this child, but I still don't think demonising these people will solve anything.  It certainly does not help stop any future cases from happening.

The only way to stop them is to kill them.  Eliminate the "pedophile" species as a whole.  We've managed to do it to frogs, bugs and mammals, why not take out something we DONT want.  Anyone who takes indecent liberties with children like this dont deserve to breathe the same air as I do.  Not to mention we could lay claim to reducing greenhouse gasses by removing them from the planet.  So then, not only are we eradicating an unwanted species we are also reducing our carbon footprint as a nation.

Andrew
Who is for womens rights, the death penalty AND environmental responsibility!  Oh yeah, and gay rights!  God save the QUEERS!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline cullens888

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 05:43:26 pm »
 :'( :'( I live in Georgia and this is awful. What is happening to the world we live in..It`s going to HELL in a handbasket!  His poor grandmother, My heart goes out to her.. Read this article for more on the sex offender who should not even have been out of jail.  http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/032007/geo_8733738.shtml..          God Bless

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 08:44:22 pm »
Understanding that I have a near 6 year old makes it easy to visualize the pain and terror that poor boy had to have went through. Its my worst nightmare because I know what I would do without reservation.

They couldn't put enough protective services around those 3 for them to even see court if that was my son. 3 shells wouldn't be enough, unloading an AK47 might be more in line.

Jan and I have talked mightily on this before.

Offline ademas

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 09:04:18 pm »
I saw this on the news last night--one of the few times I've actually turned off the tv in the middle of a news story. 
WTF is wrong with people?
Sick fucks.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.