Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:30:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 567
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 547
Total: 547

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Atripla & Truvada Co-pay Assistance Programs Expanded  (Read 6569 times)

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Atripla & Truvada Co-pay Assistance Programs Expanded
« on: July 02, 2010, 05:02:26 pm »
I have a co-pay card from Gilead but only use it in January which is when I have to meet my deductible and have a high co-pay. They have just changed the rules so there are no minimums and I'll be able to use it to cover my regular $25. monthly co-pay for Truvada.

This is also good for anyone taking one of the separate components of Truvada, Emtriva and Viread.

Effective on or before July 1, 2010, Gilead will eliminate the requirement for clients with private insurance to pay the first $50 of out-of-pocket expenses before co-pay assistance begins. Going forward, Gilead will pay up to $200 per month ($2,400/year) toward out-of-pocket expenses for Truvada, Viread or Emtriva. All clients in the U.S. with private insurance are eligible, except where prohibited by law. Clients seeking further information on Gilead's co-pay program should call 1-888-358-0398 to request a pharmacy Co-Pay Card for use when filling prescriptions.

LINK:

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/recent/2010/0608_2010_e.html
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:44:31 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Atripla's co-pay assistance is also expanding and will now cover entire co-pays up to $200./month.

Atripla Co-pay Program to Cover More People

Gilead Sciences and Bristol-Myers Squibb have announced that the co-payment assistance program for Atripla (containing efavirenz, tenofovir and emtricitabine) has been revised and will essentially benefit all people living with HIV with private health insurance who pay any out-of-pocket co-payment fees. The greatly enhanced co-payment program went into effect July 1.

Previously, the program—which can reduce a person’s out-of-pocket co-payment at the pharmacy by $200—didn’t kick in until after a person had paid the first $50 of his or her co-pay. As most people with private health insurance have individual drug co-payments of less than $50, many privately insured individuals using Atripla weren’t able to benefit from the program. Now the program will cover a person’s co-payment beginning with the first dollar, widely expanding the number of people who are eligible for this assistance.

As before, the program will cover up to $200 of a person’s co-payment each month. The program is limited to people with private health insurance.

LINK:

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/hiv_atripla_copay_1667_18681.shtml

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
Re: Atripla & Truvada Co-pay Assistance Programs Expanded
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 07:15:40 pm »
I have a co-pay card from Gilead but only use it in January which is when I have to meet my deductible and have a high co-pay. They have just changed the rules so there are no minimums and I'll be able to use it to cover my regular $25. monthly co-pay for Truvada.

This is also good for anyone taking one of the separate components of Truvada, Emtriva and Viread.

Effective on or before July 1, 2010, Gilead will eliminate the requirement for clients with private insurance to pay the first $50 of out-of-pocket expenses before co-pay assistance begins. Going forward, Gilead will pay up to $200 per month ($2,400/year) toward out-of-pocket expenses for Truvada, Viread or Emtriva. All clients in the U.S. with private insurance are eligible, except where prohibited by law. Clients seeking further information on Gilead's co-pay program should call 1-888-358-0398 to request a pharmacy Co-Pay Card for use when filling prescriptions.

LINK:

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/recent/2010/0608_2010_e.html

This is timely news for me.  It looks like I would be eligible, and my Truvada copay is currently just over $600 for a ninety-day supply.
It's a complex world

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 08:16:55 pm »
BlueMoon, Isentress also has a co-pay assistance (so does Reyataz and Norvir), I use the Isentress one for January and February, it's for co-pays over $30., it's very easy to use and I think they pay up to $400. per Rx:

http://www.isentress.com/raltegravir/isentress/consumer/savings/index.jsp?WT.svl=2I

There are these programs in place for most HIV meds:

http://positivelyaware.com/2009/09_02/13th_annual_hiv_drug_guide.shtml

There's no reason for anyone with insurance to have to pay high co-pays, it's worth taking advantage of these programs.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:40:18 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 10:02:41 pm »
What if we need a medication which isn't covered?  What are we going to do when the drug companies stop paying?
09/01/2009-neg
mid april, 2010, "flu like illness".
06/01/2010-weakly reactive ELISA, indeterminant WB
06/06/2010-reactive ELISA, confirmed positive.

DATE       CD4     %     VL
07/15/10  423     33    88k
08/28/10  489     19    189k
09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA
09/15/10  420     38    1400
11/21/10  517     25    51

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 11:23:14 pm »
What are we going to do when the drug companies stop paying?

Pray to the God of your choice that that never happens.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.