Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2024, 02:44:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773100
  • Total Topics: 66327
  • Online Today: 351
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 324
Total: 324

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is someone organizing a Karoke night at AMG?  (Read 10364 times)

Offline Iggy

Is someone organizing a Karoke night at AMG?
« on: January 05, 2007, 11:40:40 pm »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 11:31:17 pm by Iggy »

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: Is someone organizing a Karoke night at AMG?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 03:32:04 pm »
Northwood Country Club on Saturday nights.

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 03:51:10 pm »
I can sing backup.  That was always a dream of mine.  To be a backup singer for Aretha.

robert

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 06:03:18 pm »
I was kind of hoping that Peter Staley and Tim Horn might grace us with their vocal stylings in an AMG rendition of, "I'm an ole cow hand" and The C.O.W.S. may do the doo wahs.   :D.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 09:35:10 pm »
For anyone who, got dem old Kosmic blues, Nick Gravanites performs every Friday night at Negri's in Occidental.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 09:47:23 pm »
I can sing backup.  That was always a dream of mine.  To be a backup singer for Aretha.

robert

you can be my back up singer, robert...  after all.....

I AM a HEADLINER!

-Urethra Franklin

Offline Robert

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 11:58:41 am »
sockittome...sockittome...sockittome....sockittome

chain, chain, chain....chain of fools.....

(GO ARETHA!)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 12:47:25 pm »
sockittome...sockittome...sockittome....sockittome

chain, chain, chain....chain of fools.....

(GO ARETHA!)

I know you think I'm kidding.  but I'm not.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 04:12:19 pm »
I would love to sing only if I can wear sequins, chiffon and have big hair.... :)
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 04:25:19 pm »
Stray, I NEVER thought you were kidding.

And Woodsie, you get big hair, eyes and the whole deal. Of course.
Andy Velez

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 04:28:58 pm »
Jennifer Hudson look out!
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 04:40:41 pm »
And Woodsie, you get big hair, eyes and the whole deal. Of course.

I'll start making the costumes tonight!!!

OH, wait, I have a knitting group tonight.  Perhaps tomorrow.

Andy:  Thanks for believing in me! :)

-joseph
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 04:45:08 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 10:54:05 pm »
Joseph....

I've never doubted you for a second. 

If you're willing to have an off-key back-up singer wannabe....I'm your man. ;D

robert

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 02:05:33 am »
In the history of Northwood Country Club... Not one person has ever sung on key.  I have been there more than twice.  However, for those who do not need the words on a screen... Momi Starr plays piano at Russian River Resort (Triple R), takes requests and welcomes big hair, sequins and will probable be envious of the gowns.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 02:26:53 am »
In the history of Northwood Country Club... Not one person has ever sung on key.  I have been there more than twice.  However, for those who do not need the words on a screen... Momi Starr plays piano at Russian River Resort (Triple R), takes requests and welcomes big hair, sequins and will probable be envious of the gowns.  Have the best day
Michael

My dear sweet michael...  why would we be at teh northwood country club?  they have karaoke at the RRR.  You apparently don't get out that much. :)

-joseph

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 02:34:18 am »
First song we sing, as a group perhaps, the quintessential piano bar song: (doing Liza) "Maybe this time, I'll be lucky..."
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 03:50:46 am »
Hey Joseph,

I really don't get out much... When I moved to Guerneville, I had limits on where I could live because I had HOPWA assistance and a dog.  D&G would not place me in any listing (using HOPWA and the dog as the reason).  Russian River Realty had one unit, right behind Triple R.  5th and Mill street is commonly known as Crack City.  The unit I rented (unseen) was previously a meth lab and I was one of 3 tenants not on drugs.   

On rare occasions I do go out, I'm usually with my straight friend who dates a bartender at Northwood.  I am usually introduced as "Michael, Don's gay friend with AIDS".  Since I have disclosed my status with every newspaper and radio station in Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake and Mendocino Counties for benefit of the Sonoma County Commission on AIDS and the RWCA reauthorization, I really don't complain because I put it in print.  I have been to the Bull Pen and Northwood a lot more often than any of the gay establishments on the river.  It isn't easy being me but, I do it well.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 09:02:52 am »
we'll get cha out! :)

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 02:18:24 pm »
An evening we are looking forward to. 

And now a moment from our sponsors...

and another moment...

and another moment...

and still another moment...

Hey guys, we lost our sponsor

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 12:00:27 pm »
....imagines herself at the mic with Iggy, singing I Got You Babe........ ;)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.