Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:03:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 544
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 542
Total: 543

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: THE UNKNOWN NOT KNOWN  (Read 9641 times)

Offline betfair

THE UNKNOWN NOT KNOWN
« on: December 17, 2009, 05:38:33 am »
Hi ther, ive had a fear of having of hiv for the past 9 months, my first come from a trip to amsterdame when i had sex for the first time it was protected oral and protected vaginal sex, any ways i really got anxious about the incident and really stressed as i came up with random sysmptoms which i now no where due to stress and seasonal allergies, however i did test a 13 weeks nurse told me i didnt really require testing but said i can have 1 if i wanted to anyway i did, i got the results back they where negative, i sort of thaught to test at 6 months aty the time but realised it is completely pointless, and ive pretty much forgot about it.

however exactly 6 months after this situation i found  myself out on the town with my friends and found myself quite drunk with my hands down a girls pants of unknown status, now i had my hand there for about 13 secs at the most, now i wouldnt normally be worried but about a minute or 2 later i looked at my finger because i had cut from theday b4 the cut was very small and it was where the skin had come away from the nail anyway i had rubbed with my thumb when i looked at it i noticed it was bleeding, now this has got me really scared anyway i got very panicky over the first two weeks then sort of forgot about it. i then came down with influenza at 6 weeks and 3 days an im now paranoid this was ARS.it lasted a week and i had a lot chest congestion i worried about hiv and thaught it an OI like pneumonia so i went to the drs and he diagnosed as normal flu i dint mention my encounter at all to him, now ive not spoken to any1 locally who are in the medical field about my situation, however i asked Dr Bob at the body about it and he said test after 3 months but he said my risk was neglible at best.

so im now two days shorts of 14 weeks and over the past week my anxiety has been thru the roof again and i have found tha i cant test now for another 3 weeks and dont know if i can go thru this for another weeks im to scared imexperiencing some resally bad physiological  chemical  changes to my body which are becoming noticable on the outside its to do with the strees im going thru at this minute in time over the test.

my question is i lie in UK where can i get a rapid test for free and how reliable will it be when taking it at this point in time and also how likely it is i required hiv thru this circumstance considering the girl had hiv the gi was between the age of 18-22 i need help here and woyuld appreciate an answer

Offline RapidRod

Re: THE UNKNOWN NOT KNOWN
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:42:27 am »
As you were told, you never had a risk and didn't need testing nor do you need any further testing.

Offline betfair

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:45:15 am »
Rapid Rod thanks for the quick reply i now no my first situation is absoloute no risk but im really concerned about the second espesially when DR bob said ther was a rrisk even though it was small why would he state this and you say no risk

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 06:02:36 am »
Were did Dr. Bob say you had a risk? You didn't have a risk from oral and you had protected vaginal sex. There was no risk..

Offline betfair

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 06:13:36 am »
RapidRob i dont know if u read my post fully me second encounter was the possibility of getting vaginal secretions in open wound as i rubbed a girl, not sure if i penetrated her if i did it was very vey brief and wouldnt of been deep

Offline betfair

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 06:15:11 am »
my second encounter happend 6 months after my protected 1

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 06:22:19 am »
HIV is NOT transmitted outside its host.

Offline betfair

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 06:23:47 am »
what if i did penertrate her with finger though

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 06:31:08 am »
No risk. HIV is not transmitted by fingering. Wasn't you told all of this in another forum?

Offline betfair

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 06:43:58 am »
tbh im looking for as much reasuurance as i can, ive spent hours looking on the net on various websites and search engines and found some say no risk, but ive heard drs state thers only risk if theres an open wound ive even read dr cummings state this on his freedom helath website, i can quote others drs saying these things but ive heard terms likel thoretical and a risk is a risk. IM FREAKED OUT so i am going to test even if is just goin be a formality of getting a negative as  it will help my mental health. the date i will be most probably testing will be be around 16 and a half weeks after this.

Offline betfair

PSYCHOLOGICALLY PROBLEMS
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 07:00:57 am »
im not sure if this is just for people with hiv but at the minute im waiting to test and finding it very hard to cope with the possibility of being infected i have arranged for counselling but my appointment isnt untill wedensday morning, i know the stress and depression im in is harming me in the last couple of days ive been shown signs and symptoms of major chemical releases of adrenaline and noradrenaline in the body, i also feel very fatigued but this could be due to me sarting work nights i have developed an OCD over the past week, day goes like this get in from work at 8 o clock in the morning i jump straight on the cpu and serach hiv symptoms and any cases which could have happend via via vaginal secretions in open wound ive found mixed things, anyway i do this till about 3 in the after noon when i go aslepp i then usually get up about 10.30pm got to work and think of hiv and my prediciment its killing me

Offline betfair

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 07:45:10 am »
i dont want to be sound like im goin on but ive just read hiv transmission lesson it says its can be transmitted through open cuts so i do need to test oh my god im fcuking scared

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 08:00:19 am »
Bet,

I removed the thread you posted in the Mental Health forum and placed it in your thread here. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

With the exception of the “Am I Infected?” and “Off Topic” Forums, the AIDSmeds.com Forums are intended for people who have been diagnosed with HIV (or their loved ones/caregivers).  If you are questioning or unaware of your HIV status, please refrain from posting messages or questions in the Forums intended for HIV-positive people.

Please consider yourself warned!

Fingering, regardless of cuts or whatever on your finger, is not a risk for hiv infection. One thing you need to realise is that the fluids in a woman which may be infectious are found deep inside the vagina, not near the opening. You said you had your hand down her trousers "for for about 13 secs at the most", and if so, there's no way on earth you would have been able to penetrate her deeply enough to come into contact with any infectious fluids. The fluids a woman produces when sexually excited come from two glands on either side of the vaginal opening and I've not found one shred of evidence that these fluids are infectious. They're like other bodily fluids such as saliva, sweat and tear and these fluids are NOT infectious.

Not one person has EVER been infected through fingering and you certainly are not going to be the first. You do not need to test over this situation. You only need to test for peace of mind if you cannot move on from this without seeing the negative result. You can go to the GUM clinic of any hospital near you and get a rapid test.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER FINGERING, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline betfair

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 08:12:19 am »
great post there its just give me a buzzing feeling and my morale has just sky rocketed i feel the reason i didnt except Rapid Rods post although seeming to be correct was that he didnt give the detail u gave which was absoloutley awsome, thanks for that truely, im now going to stay off here and break my ocd which is within doubt caused by woory, i apologise for posting in the other forum i didnt read the rules sorry ::), i will test only to be 100% and will log back on when i recieve what will hopefully and undoubtingly negative results.

thanks a bunch have a great christmas and new year

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 08:41:03 am »
Bet,

You're welcome. Now get on with your life, remembering to use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse. Do this and you will remain hiv negative. It really, really, really  is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline betfair

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 03:57:21 am »
im back where i was, sorry to post againbut i dont know who else to turn to at this minute in time its 14 weeks and 1 day since this incident now. i know u stated no risk but my anxiety stress and thaughts got the better of me again 2 day and started asking myselfs and what ifs, so started searching the net big mistake its made me worse reading things that how cuts make route for transmission ETC. really got me anxious again ive got some counselling arranged for wedensday morning im doing privately online through the tht.org.uk. thats got me feeling anxious aswell, i keep thinking of my symptoms which have got me scared the most, i got a swollen lymph by my lft ear 2 weeks after incident which i still have now i did have some trauma in that area the day before(elbowed in cheek) but i can still feel it now also i developed influenza at 6 weeks and 3 days also got redness on my face and neck at that only lasted the night. if somehow the worst thing happend would ars symptoms come like this also been gettin random pinz and needles around my knees the last few days after ive been stood on them a while, im a 20 year old healthy male, please respond

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 05:32:51 am »
Bet,

Go see your doctor about your symptoms. Whatever is or is not going on has nothing to do with hiv.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline betfair

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 06:26:14 am »
i apologies for pposting again i know when i look at the situation rationally i believe that ill be ok i know a need a test just to help me move on but i cant get one till the new year, i did read the welcome thread part as i read lessons  in hiv transmission and i read its spread through open wound i know mine was very superficial when they say this do they mean alarge serious hemmorage???? just the only thing playing on my mind really tbh i would rather just forget the whole situation i dont know what it is  holding me back is that ive developed a phobia and need treatmment for this???????? or is it that ive just read so much bad info on the net???? ann any input would be great as i can ask about it in my counselling session and maybe they could givee me help or direct me to some1 im very positive that im going to recieve a negative, but the underlying cause is effecting me and if i find the root maybe i wont need testing. is common you see people with this much worry and have to test to be ok or do they still come back

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 07:40:35 am »
bet,

Yes, we're talking serious cuts, not superficial ones.

I was in a relationship with a negative man for over eight years. He works in construction and normally had various cuts and scrapes on his hands and fingers. He remained hiv negative despite a very active sex life with me. The ONLY thing we did to protect his negative status was to use condoms for intercourse. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline betfair

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 09:53:20 am »
i know its been a while but ive had a couple of health issues since the last time i was here.
in january this year i was diagnosed with a water infection also know as uti and the cause of it was unknown all i know is that there was a bacteria infection of my bladder and i was given antibiotics and it cleared up.
then around 6 weeks later i developed very very dry skin on arms and flanks i was red dry and sore however it did clear up with a week or 2 or applying E45 cream.

now does this sound possibley if its related to hiv now my situation has been dissmissed by you guys the guys on med help and by hiv counsellor as being a route of hiv transmission.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 12:46:37 pm »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline betfair

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 03:27:32 pm »
ok so this is defo a no risk situation.

another situation bhappend to me 1 week ago exactly, i recieved unprotected oral from a woman of unknown status it for 20 seconds max and im pretty sure ive caught something from this because i keep feeling the need to urinate it isnt all the time but its happens most the time when im stressed. >:(   

i read quite a few experts on the state recieving oral is practically no risk. to be honest im not as concerned about latest incident but still have minor doubts, especially as it was so brief.

1) more question i hav is saliva infectious???????

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 03:50:26 pm »
ok so this is defo a no risk situation.

another situation bhappend to me 1 week ago exactly, i recieved unprotected oral from a woman of unknown status it for 20 seconds max and im pretty sure ive caught something from this because i keep feeling the need to urinate it isnt all the time but its happens most the time when im stressed. >:(   

i read quite a few experts on the state recieving oral is practically no risk. to be honest im not as concerned about latest incident but still have minor doubts, especially as it was so brief.

1) more question i hav is saliva infectious???????
You are not paying one bit of attention to the replies you have been given. This conversation is OVER.

Offline betfair

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 04:03:41 pm »
no rod u are not reading my situation fully now im asking about oral sheesh. please dont reply back to me i will wait for of the moderators to answer like andy or someone.

thanks for answering but im prepared to wait for one of the others.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 04:08:14 pm »
no rod u are not reading my situation fully now im asking about oral sheesh. please dont reply back to me i will wait for of the moderators to answer like andy or someone.

thanks for answering but im prepared to wait for one of the others.
How many times to you have to read on this forum that Oral Sex is not a transmission risk? You like to spend time read in the Living With Forum how about taking the time and reading replies on oral sex in this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 04:49:57 pm »
Nothing you are reporting symptomatically is in any way suggestive of HIV.

But then you haven't had a risk for transmission so that's no surprise. As you have been told repeatedly, receiving oral is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission. You don't have to believe that if you choose not to, but it's so.

You've been given the basics about the transmission sexually of HIV many times. Essentially it's about unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. But you don't seem willing to accept that.

I can tell you that we're not here to walk you through this stuff all over again everytime you have another sexual experience. You've been given 2 Time Outs. You need to be aware the next one will have you permanently banned from the site.
Andy Velez

Offline betfair

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 10:36:25 am »
how have i been give 2 bans ????? if so why??? i know i got one in december then i only posted again the other day???
if i have had two bans its news to me.
i have only been told once that oral was no risk. when i first posted oral was not a concern. i was worried that i might have contracted hiv through an open wound on my hand.

andy i apologies if i may have over replied on threads but i was seeking advice, sorry. then when i asked my new question which i kept to my old thread it got hijacked by a fellow user (rapidrod), who i dont know just or who COULD have been given me bad advice i was wanting to speak to one of the expert moderators on the site who i know gave me trust worthy advice.
i think u understand this more clearly now 2 different incidents on one thread overall. cheers.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 10:54:22 am »
Rod is authorized to respond in this section of the Forums, so he was not hijacking your thread.

The real issue is that you are not applying the information given to you in the past about sexual risks for HIV. Instead you just show up repeatedly in an anxious state as if nothing has even been said to you previously.

Sexual risk for HIV transmission is about unrpotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Ann has told that to you repeatedly and I have as well.

On a going forward basis you need to apply that information to whatever sexual activities you participate in and not come here as nothing has ever been said to you previously.
Andy Velez

Offline betfair

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 11:54:03 am »
ok andy thanks for the advice i am pursuing counselling although i have had some he looked at underlying issues into my fear and said that testing is good for the mind and body even if the rsults are expected to be negative etc.

i really hope i continue to test negative and undoubtedly will if all advice given is hopefully correct.
thanks for advice i hope that i have no need to return to the forum or website for the matter.

i just like to clarify one thing before i go why did i get banned for the second time??? still remains a mystery for me.

also i didnt know rapidrod was authorised maybe an idea to have the people identified more clearly just a suggestion though.
so id like to thank all the people who have answered me and supported me cheers :-*

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 12:53:13 pm »
You were banned once. I was miscounting because of the number of warnings you received.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.