Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:51:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 682
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 662
Total: 662

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Can I be this unlucky?  (Read 10625 times)

Offline Falt

Can I be this unlucky?
« on: March 06, 2007, 07:55:41 pm »
I'll be as clear as possible.
I had a low risk exposure.
I had a "non-reactive" test at 15 weeks.
So no HIV, right?

BUT, I had oral sex with gf and she still breast feeds our 6month old son. My son had two rashs event in the last weeks. Rashes were mostly on belly and torso and looked like small pink/red pimples. First rash lasted 3-4days. The second one appeared about a week later and lasted for a week. This rash consisted of small skin colored pimples.

So I thought maybe this could be ARS rash. But I would need to be very unlucky for the test to be false negative. For my gf to catch it through receptive oral. For my son to catch it through being breast fed.

1.My low risk was insertive oral with a small wound on penis head. I'm afraid some saliva mixed with blood or sperm from previous customer could have gotten in.

2.Are tests 100% reliable? Since my test was negative, I was worried if some human error could screw the result. For example, writing non-reactive on a reactive result. I ask because result was a single liner on a page with my info that read something like HIV1/2 EIA non-reactive. I guessed it would be easy to write non-reactive just as an habit since so many people test truly non-reative.

3.If it was truly ARS rash on a 6mo baby, I guess he would feel bad. Can someone only have ARS rash and no other symptoms?

So Can I be this unlucky? Your comments will really be appreciated.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Can I be this unlucky?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 08:00:43 pm »
At 15 weeks you're conclusively negative. Babies have rashes all the time. You can't give someone something you don't have.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 08:17:56 pm by RapidRod »

Offline jeffsmith

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 08:16:05 pm »
Rapid,

I think you had a typo in your last statement?

Offline Falt

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 08:23:05 pm »
Is there such a thing as a false negative? I ask because I read 99,9%, does it mean 1/1000 gets unnoticed?

Does ARS Rash have a typical pattern? I know chances are pretty remote, but if I knew what ARS rash looks like I could rule it out for good and move on.

Or, can someone with good mooth hygiene catch HIV through giving fellatio? My gf has no sore, cut whatsoever in her mouth?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 09:10:05 pm »
Only if you take the test to early and you didn't. You can rely on your results.

Offline Falt

Re: Semen-to-cut infection risk...?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 10:31:13 pm »
John,

Semen, vaginal fluids, it doesn't matter. For a start, there aren't enough of the correct type of cells present that hiv needs to infect in a small cut . Secondly, hiv is fragile and semen or vaginal fluid getting into a cut just doesn't cut it, if you'll pardon the expression. Not one person has ever become infected from semen or vaginal fluids getting into a cut and you won't be the first.

Just make sure you're using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you'll be fine.

Ann

Ann, just wondering if a small cut on the penis head would make it more likely to get infected than a cut on a finger? Does the penis head has the "correct type" of cells???

Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Semen-to-cut infection risk...?
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 05:35:18 am »
Falt, do not post in any thread other than your own. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 06:31:14 am »
Falt,

I removed the post you made in someone else's thread and placed it here, in your own thread, which is the ONLY place you should be asking questions or making comments in this forum. Please read our forum posting guidelines found in the Welcome Thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

It won't matter if you have a small cut on the head of your penis - because the condom you wear will cover it. You should not be having intercourse without a condom - penile cuts or no penile cuts.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Falt

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 08:13:30 am »
Oops sorry about that.  :-[

Ann, I know the condom covered the cut. I was just wondering since the cut was on the penis head, if some sperm from a previous customer or vaginal fluid from the stripper could have gotten in contact with the cut while she rolled the condom on my penis. So basically, I know you say a cut doesn't cut it (for a finger). But is it true for a cut on penis?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 08:46:29 am »
Falt,

Yes, it's also true for a cut on the penis.

And besides, transmission wouldn't happen anyway in the manner you're thinking. Hiv is a very fragile virus that quickly becomes damaged and unable to infect once it is outside the human body. Anything on her fingers would have posed no threat to you whatsoever.

1.My low risk was insertive oral with a small wound on penis head. I'm afraid some saliva mixed with blood or sperm from previous customer could have gotten in.

You got a blowjob. Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it. Not one person has ever become infected from being blown and you will not be the first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Falt

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 07:04:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

Last question. What really prevents me from putting all this behind me is the rash on my baby's belly and trunk. It was not itchy (baby didn't seem to care/scratch) wich is common for ARS rash. I also read that fever/rash/elarged nodes are the three most common symptoms of ARS. I wanted to be safe and waited for a lab result before having sex with my gf. We had unprotected oral though and fear I might have infected her. Can a 15 week test be unreliable? Could it be reactive but the person at the lab write non-reactive by mistake? Can ARS rash look like many very small pink pimples all across the belly and trunk?

I understand the low-risk and understand my non-reactive test. My mind still focus on the rash.

Offline Falt

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 08:38:38 am »
My GF woke up this morning feeling very sick. Almost threw up, diarrhea, sweat, low grade fever. This is weird because she haven't gone out in days. She takes care of the baby at home and last time she went out was last monday. Where could she got that?

This sounds like ARS to me. I wonder if I should go get re-tested...  ???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 09:31:40 am »
Falt, as you have already been told you have conclusively tested negative for HIV. You ARE HIV negative.

Period. End of story.

You, your gf and your baby are going to continue on having all sorts of physical things pop up every now and then. Right now your head is (mis)interpreting everything through a guilty mindset. You're a dawg like the rest of us and you went straying. You can't undo that piece of your personal history. You've reliably tested negative for HIV. So now it's all about stuff in your head.

Take a good deep breath, see what happened clearly and then let it go. That's the most loving thing you can do for all concerned. This guilt stuff is bad news so dump it overboard right now.

This is not an HIV situation no matter how many scary ideas your mind may continue to come up with. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Falt

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 10:13:15 am »
Falt, as you have already been told you have conclusively tested negative for HIV. You ARE HIV negative.

Period. End of story.

You, your gf and your baby are going to continue on having all sorts of physical things pop up every now and then. Right now your head is (mis)interpreting everything through a guilty mindset. You're a dawg like the rest of us and you went straying. You can't undo that piece of your personal history. You've reliably tested negative for HIV. So now it's all about stuff in your head.

Take a good deep breath, see what happened clearly and then let it go. That's the most loving thing you can do for all concerned. This guilt stuff is bad news so dump it overboard right now.

This is not an HIV situation no matter how many scary ideas your mind may continue to come up with. Really.

Andy, thank you very much. I think you nailed it. My guilt probably (certainly) makes me double guess everything.

If I couldn't catch it through a blow job no mather what spin I put to it (thanks Ann) and if a 15weeks non-reactive is 100% conclusive, whatever else happens is not HIV related. But it sucks that ARS symptoms are so common with other diseases. As Ann once said, it'd be easier if it showed as green dots all over the body...

Thanks all, I'll do my best to dump my guilt. Good luck and thank you for this wonderful help you provide! I truly appreciate it.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 10:30:57 am »
I'm glad you found our exchange to be helpful. And remember, just because your mind continues to scare you from time to time doesn't change the science-based reality that you are HIV-negative.

Just get on with enjoying your life with your family, which however wonderful includes enough problems without dragging in ones that aren't real. 

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Falt

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 10:46:38 am »
Just to let you know I'm having another tough time. I managed to stay away from any HIV related site for the last 3 weeks. But in the last days I had some doubts concerning the baby's rash again wondering again what if the test was false neg.

I know it probably is all in my mind. I want to go get re-tested sometimes. I figure that two test couldn't possibly be false neg. But I feared that doing that might be just a step to insanity.

However, re-reading this thread does help. The only concern is, can a test be false neg at 15weeks?

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 10:58:53 am »
My kids have had ALL kinds of rashes.  I am HIV+ and it has NOTHING to do with the rashes they get. 

Back away from the computer and keep living your life.  You are NEGATIVE.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 11:03:22 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Falt

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 10:40:03 am »
I have a new question.

Went to a strip club and received a lap dance. The girl was naked and rubbed vigorously against my penis for 10min. I had my pants on all that time but now I would like to know if vaginal fluid could go through pants and underwear to my urethra and be a possible source of infection?

I think there is no risk but I'm concerned because vaginal fluid might be contagious. Am I right?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 10:49:17 am »
Falt,

Even if you didn't have pants and underwear on, you wouldn't have had a risk. You did NOT have a risk. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus, one that is primarily transmitted via unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You did not have unprotected intercourse by any stretch of the imagination.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple. Read through the three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Falt

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 11:04:55 am »
Thank you Ann.

Offline Falt

Making love to two women, question...
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 11:00:54 am »
I have posted here before, but this situation has nothing with my previous one so I start a new thread.

My gf and I are going to swingers party. We have did it once and basically just enjoyed ourselves. However we plan on taking things a step or two ahead. We plan on making love with another couple and would probably exchange partners. Any penetration with other couples will be protected.

However, my question is, IF I penetrate another woman with a condom, should I remove the condom before going back to my gf? Common sense says yes. But if in the heat of the moment I was to penetrate my gf right after another woman what risk would I expose my gf to?

I understand that I am protected and that there are no risks for me.

Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Making love to two women, question...
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 11:16:50 am »
Read the posting guidelines and return to your orginal thread.

Offline Falt

Making love to two women....
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 11:26:23 am »
New question...

My gf and I are going to swingers party. We have did it once and basically just enjoyed ourselves. However we plan on taking things a step or two ahead. We plan on making love with another couple and would probably exchange partners. Any penetration with other couples will be protected.

However, my question is, IF I penetrate another woman with a condom, should I remove the condom before going back to my gf? Common sense says yes. But if in the heat of the moment I was to penetrate my gf right after another woman what risk would I expose my gf to?

I understand that I am protected and that there are no risks for me.

Thanks.

Offline Falt

Re: Making love to two women, question...
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 11:31:20 am »
Done!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 11:36:39 am »
Common sense says yes. Then do it. You should always change condoms with different partners. If you have no control  "at the heat of the moment" then I suggest you don't participate in partner swapping.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 01:41:31 pm »
I've merged your threads. Keep all of your entries in this same thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

Never mind about that "heat of the moment" nonsense. Lust is momentary. HIV is forever.

Control your behavior long enough to change condoms and not put yourself (or your partners) at risk is my suggestion.

Andy Velez

Offline Falt

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 02:51:02 pm »
That's what I'll do, thanks.

Could it be "possible" to pass the virus from one woman to another that way?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 05:00:41 pm »
HIV is a fragile virus. Your concern is what call a "what if." I don't find it useful to speculate about what if situations. I've never known of any confirmed cases in the manner you are what iffing about.

I do think that if you're having sex with two women at the same time, good sense suggests changing condoms just as a matter of caution to avoid breakage. 
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.