Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:23:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 364
Total: 366

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: extremely worried!  (Read 18841 times)

Offline seiko

extremely worried!
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:40:37 pm »
About 11 weeks ago I had unprotected vaginal sex twice with the same girl (also gave/received unprotected oral).  Here's a summary of my symptoms.
1. thrush on back/rear of tongue (didn't notice until three weeks ago but could've been there a long time)
2. angular chielitis (appeared 4 weeks after exposure)
3. apthous uclers on under surface of tongue (appeared 2 weeks after exposure)
4. rash on right hand (appeared 5 weeks after exposure)
5. Fever with night sweats the last 2 nights. (week 11)

I'm sooo scared right now.  I took an HIV test at the 9.5 week mark that came out negative.  But I'm afraid that because of the fever I had the last couple of days that I'm just now seroconverting.  And that's why my test came out negative.  Plus if you have thrush/angular chielitis then you must have an immunocompromised system, right?  And all of these symptoms are with me to this day.  The girl said she had a negative HIV test about 8 weeks after our exposure.  She by the way is a CSW (massage parlor).  I'm stupid and scared right now.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: extremely worried!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 03:44:13 pm »
unprotected cunnilingus is not an HIV risk.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 04:12:38 pm »
Seiko,

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Only the right test at the right time will reliably inform you of your status.

As Jonathan says, neither going down on a woman or getting a blowjob are risks for hiv infection.

The unprotected intercourse you had is a risk. However, as the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, your nine week negative is a very good indication of your hiv status and is unlikely to change. You need to test again at the 12-13 week mark to confirm that negative result and I fully expect you to test negative once again.

It is extrememly unlikely that you are seroconverting now. If the problems you list have not been diagnosed by a doctor, chances are good you have misdiagnosed yourself. You are not a doctor so don't practice medicine on yourself. Go to a doctor and find out what is going on, because it's unlikely to have anything to do with hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs. If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Again, your nine week negative result is not likely to change, but get it confirmed at the 12-13 week mark.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline seiko

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 05:07:14 pm »
Ann,
Thank you for the reply and words of encouragement.  I appreciate it.
Do you know of anyone who's had the symptoms I describe? and also tested negative?  I'm still soooo scared right now.  I don't know if my stress is causing all of this also (I doubt it).
Anyone who can answer my questions please do so.  Thank you in advance.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 05:40:56 pm »
seiko,

We see people in this forum all the time with every symptom in the book but rarely do we see someone test positive. RARELY.

Stress can indeed do a number on the body and cause all sorts of symptoms. Go get a check up by a doctor to rule anything serious out, and confirm your negative status at 12-13 weeks. I really, really don't expect you to get anything other than another negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline seiko

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 06:54:53 pm »
Ann,
Thank you again.
But do you see people who have all the symptoms I have at the same time?  Not one or two here and there but ALL of them at the same time.  Your words are immensely helpful to me but if you are only saying them to make me feel better, but really know that I am probably positive, then please tell me the honest brutal truth.  But don't get me wrong also.  Again your words have helped me a great deal.  I feel better when I read them.  Just want to make sure you're being completely honest and that you truly think when I test at the 12-13 week mark I will indeed be negative.  Having you say that means a lot to me.
Thanks again in advance.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 07:02:03 pm »
Ann,
Thank you again.
But do you see people who have all the symptoms I have at the same time?  Not one or two here and there but ALL of them at the same time.  Your words are immensely helpful to me but if you are only saying them to make me feel better, but really know that I am probably positive, then please tell me the honest brutal truth.  But don't get me wrong also.  Again your words have helped me a great deal.  I feel better when I read them.  Just want to make sure you're being completely honest and that you truly think when I test at the 12-13 week mark I will indeed be negative.  Having you say that means a lot to me.
Thanks again in advance.

Seiko,

The brutal truth is that you need to test because you had unprotected sex. Whilst you may think you're "probably positive", in fact the reverse is true, you're probably negative. The key word here is probably. We just don't know until you have an HIV antibody test 12-13 weeks from the date of the unprotected encounter.

You've already been told that symptoms mean nothing when it comes to HIV, but let me reinforce that. The symptoms you talk about could be caused by just about anything. There are no HIV "specific" symptoms. That being the case, we tend to deal with risk behaviours and test results.

Oh yeah, the one thing that you can rely on here at AIDSMEDS is that all of us are honest about this stuff. Believe me, we've got better things to do than tell you lies.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 07:19:41 pm »
Seiko,

The brutal truth is that you are most likely to continue to test negative.

The brutal truth is that symptoms mean nothing.

The brutal truth is that I fully expect you to continue to test negative.

The brutal truth is that you need to use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse every time, no exceptions.

The brutal truth is - that is the brutal truth.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline seiko

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 07:29:06 pm »
Ann & Mtd,
Thank you for your quick replies.  I meant no disrespect whatsoever to you Ann or anyone else.  I respect this forum immensely and of course all of the forum members too.
I never meant to imply that I thought you or anyone were malicious liars.  I guess I should've rephrased my post, I just didn't want someone blowing sunshine off my booty just to be nice and not make me worry (knowing full well that I was in deep doodoo).
Again Thank you sooo much for your honest replies.  Much, much appreciated.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 07:56:56 pm »
I just didn't want someone blowing sunshine off my booty just to be nice

I have to pay that line. ;)

But seriously Seiko, you don't have to worry about us trying to make you feel better. We give you the facts about HIV, we're not here to hold your hand.

MtD
(Who does not do "nice")

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 08:42:27 pm »
I will only add to the well grounded responses you have received that if it is any consolation to you HIV is not an easy virus to transmit and it is significantly more difficult to accomplish from female to male. Which means that in a single incident of unprotected intercourse the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor against transmission having occured.

But, low risk is not the same as no risk. So you need to learn from this experience and in the future whenever you have intercourse you need to be wearing a latex condom. No exceptions. Period.

Good luck with your test when you get to the appropriate time.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline seiko

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 08:51:15 pm »
Ok, I'm back.
Took a T-cell blood test last week (june 21st).  Provider didn't want to test me for HIV until next month since I had a test two weeks before (june 7th).  So she ordered a T-cell blood test in the mean time.
The results came back today.  My CD4 count was 466.  My question to you all is should I be worried by this number?  I have seen on several websites that a normal count is 500-1500.  So why is mine so low?  I'm really scared again now.  I'm going to take my HIV test in the next couple of weeks and am not looking forward to it.  That'll put me at the 14 to 15 week mark since last exposure.  I'm really really scared.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 09:03:33 pm »
Tcells fluctuate depending on the time of day they are taken. Why would a provider do a Tcell count and not an HIV test that doesn't make sense. I can understand why not the HIV test because you just took one and got a negative.

Offline seiko

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 09:08:38 pm »
My doctor did the test (I assume) to calm me down (since she doesn't think I am HIV positive).  And maybe she was hoping the result was a way higher number.  When I phoned for my results the person on the phone said that the doctor said that I was normal (i.e. CD4 count was in the normal range).  I'm still freaking out.  By the way, I took the test at around 2pm in the afternoon.

Offline seiko

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 06:01:13 pm »
Ok, I just got off the phone with my doctor.  She again was adamant that I don't/won't have HIV.  She said my Tcell count was normal and that my percentages looked good also.  I forgot to add that when I had my examination done last week (the day of the blood test) she told me that I don't have thrush, don't have angular cheilitis, and that the aphthous ulcer(s) on the underside of my tongue were not that but salivary glands that were either clogged or something else.  She wasn't sure.  But she was adamant they weren't aphthous ulcers.  They actually look like blisters when you look closely (i.e. a thin membrane with a pseudo-white/clear fluid inside).  Not a red eruption that leaves a small white pseudo-crater with a red halo.  Nothing like that.

Anyway, with this new information does it sound like my prognosis is a little better?  I'm still going to test in a couple of weeks but would just like to hear some comments from the forum members before I do.  Thank you in advance.  As a reminder I tested negative at the 9 1/2 week mark.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 04:15:05 am »
Seiko,

Listen to your doctor. She is a wise woman... well, except for giving you that unnecessary CD4 test. I hope you've learned a few things about hiv during this time, and I also hope you've learned that diagnosing yourself from things you read and see on internet sites just doesn't work. Do yourself a favour and don't do it again, ok? That's what doctors are for. The internet is an information tool, not a diagnostic tool. Please remember that.

One more time, it's highly unlikely that your nine week negative will change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline seiko

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 06:02:16 pm »
Ok, just got some bad news from my dentist.  Saw her today for normal checkup and she did say that I do have angular chielitis.  Really bummed out but not actually surprised since I always thought I had it to begin with.  Anyway, after my dentist appointment went to my regular clinic and took my 12 week 5 day HIV test.  Everyone please wish me luck!!!   I am soooo scared right now.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 04:53:40 am »
seiko,

Relax. Your nine week negative result is not going to change.

Angular cheilitis is something that can happen to anyone and there are many causes, including vitamin B deficiency. I do realise that if you Google Angular cheilitis you will get all kinds of reference to hiv, but you get other information too. Must be that you are not reading the others. Stop Googling your symptoms already - you will only scare yourself unnecessarily.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline seiko

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 01:22:27 pm »
Ok everyone.  Just got a call from my doctor saying my HIV test came out Negative!!!  So I know this has been asked tons of times before but I'm gonna ask it again.  This was my 12 week and 5 day HIV test (89 days), can I put this ordeal behind me or would you recommend me testing again at the 6 month mark?  Bear in mind the symptoms I had and that I still think I have some lingering with me to this day (although definitely not as extreme as at the beginning).  In any case, I want to thank the people who responded to my posts (Ann, Andy, jkinatl2, RapidRod, Mtd).  You are all great human beings.  Thank you so much for your advice, information, and just plain emotional support.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 01:58:36 pm »
You are negative, no reason to continue to test. Go on with your life and always use condoms.

Offline seiko

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 06:54:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply RapidRod.

Would like to hear what Ann and Andy have to say (and others).  What do you guys think?  Test again at 6 months?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 09:58:25 pm »
seiko,

Your test result is conclusive - you are hiv negative. You do not need further testing.

Protect your negative status by using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions. Re-read those condom and lube links and use them correctly.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline seiko

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 08:18:52 pm »
Thanks for the response Ann.  Much appreciated!

Would still like to hear from Andy Velez.  Andy what do you think?

Offline seiko

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 01:20:03 pm »
Hello everyone,

Yes, I'm still paranoid.  Even though both Ann and RapidRod say I don't need further testing I would like your opinions after I share with you what has been worrying me.

The biggest worry I have is my low CD4 count (466).  That just bugs me to this day.  Also my ongoing oral symptoms (angular cheilitis, tiny, tiny, aphthous ulcers on under surface of tongue, dry mouth occasionally).  I also feel warm in the evening/night but when I take my temp it's normal or below normal usually.

I know I've read here that a 3 month result may not be conclusive in people with impaired immune systems (i.e. chemo patients, IV drug users).  So what exactly determines if a person has an impaired immune system?  Would my low CD4 count put me in that category and hence I should get retested at the 6 month mark?

I'm back to freaking out again and am sooo scared.  It would be great to hear that my 3 month test is still definitive but I have a feeling it isn't now.  Please reply with some comments and let me know what all of you experts think.  It would be much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 01:52:43 pm »
Seiko,

You can poll every expert on the site, but the sage assessment you've received from some of the best this site has to offer, is not going to change.

If your doctor says your CD4's are not an issue why do you insist on making it one?

You are conclusively hiv negative.  Instead of obsessing, why not just go celebrate?  :D

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 03:54:19 pm »
Seiko,

Your CD4 count can vary by hundreds during the course of a single day. One single CD4 result means absolutely nothing for someone who IS hiv positive, why should it mean anything for you? You aren't even hiv positive.

If you cannot accept your negative status, please seek the assistance of a mental health care professional. If you continue to be bothered by symptoms, see your doctor to find out what the cause is as you have already ruled out hiv. You are hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 11:50:13 am »
Seiko, in many countries 12 weeks is considered a reliable testing point. You have had more than one negative result and this one at 12 weeks + is definitive and reliable. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

But you do need to learn from this experience. Everytime you have intercourse, whether with a civilian or a pro, you need to be wearing a condom. No exceptions. That way you can have as much sex as you want to and know that you are well protected against HIV.

You're done now and it's time for you to get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline seiko

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 12:45:28 pm »
Thank you Morgan, Ann, & Andy for the encouraging replies.  I will try to get on with my life.  I'll admit it will still be difficult because I am at heart a worry wart to begin with.  Plus with these oral symptoms still with me to this day, it just worries me.  I forgot to mention that my right arm/hand sometimes feels numb/tingly.  Has been this way for the past few weeks.  I immediately thought about PN and freaked out some more.  But if you all truly think that I'm conclusively negative, then first that makes me feel really good and second, I guess I'm just going to have to trust you all since you all are truly the experts.  If you have any more comments or concerns for me (i.e. relating to my possible PN) please do respond.  Again, thank you all for your words of wisdom and encouragement.  You are all wonderful people.  I really appreciate it.

Offline seiko

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 12:53:01 pm »
Oh yeah, I forgot.  None of you answered the question of what determines whether a person has an impaired immune system?  Is it the CD4 count?  Please let me know.  Thank you again in advance.

(I just need to know 'cause I've always wondered about that when I've read that a 3 month test may not be reliable in people with an impaired immune system).

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 03:17:14 pm »
Seiko,

If your immune system were compromised to the point where it could interfer with antibody production, you wouldn't be sat at home on your computer - you'd be very ill in a hospital bed.

You are conclusively hiv negative. If you cannot accept that, please seek the assistance of a mental health care professional.

If you have read the Welcome Thread, you will have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline seiko

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006, 12:38:37 am »
I'm sorry Ann to keep on having questions regarding my negativity and symptoms.  I've just never had mouth problems like this before and have been a very healthy person up until my sexual encounter 3 months ago.  Then everything hit me like never before.  I've had a low grade fever (99.0 degrees) every day for the last couple of weeks.  A bout of diarhea tonite and also my right arm/hand has been numb/tingling the last few weeks.  Again I'm very sorry to keep on posting questions regarding my hiv status.  I do apologize.  I just really feel that my next blood test I take (in 2 - 3 weeks) will come out positive and I'm sooo scared.  Also my face always feels oily too and I've had zits or pimples pop up on my face and arms recently.  I wish I knew what was causing all of these symptoms if it wasn't hiv.  Anyway, thank you for trying to reassure me that I'm negative.  I guess only time will tell what really is going on with my body.

Offline Scared01

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2006, 02:27:23 pm »
Hi Seiko, hope you are feeling ok, iīve been with a situation similar to yours, iīll give you my email gorgulhoz@hotmail.com, sorry Ann i hope theres no problem. Iīll be waiting for your words

Offline Ronnie99

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2006, 06:40:28 am »
You said you had a rash on your hand. If the rash was on the palm of your hand that is a possible symptom of syphillis although if it is not on the palm then it is likely not. Unless I missed it you did not mention if you got a full STD check.

Offline seiko

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006, 12:24:04 pm »
Yes, I had a full STD check done.  All came back negative.  Rash on my hand was on the top surface on/near the webbing of the fingers.  Lasted about a month I think.

Offline Scared01

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2006, 04:13:08 pm »
Well Seiko iīm going to tell you my story, i donīt know if its a good or a bad story till now but i still have a little hope that will end in good, sorry my english because iīm not from Wngland, or United States. In January i have an exposure with a girl that i think as HIV, i think it now because i have seen her in last days and she is very down in all aspects, tha t day we have kissed, and i had feel a real bad halit, but i donīt know why, i continued kissing her and we had sex, a week later i became with the same halit, and some teehts were destroyed, my dentist had recovered them and i had taken some medicine for candidiase like Mycostatin and others, from them a little of evything happened with me, morealess a month after i became with angular cheilitis that are remaining and are much bigger than in the beginning, my mouth herts a lot, my gingivis are always ahite, and hurting me, and the roof of my mouth are very sensible and hurts me too. I have made exams to HIV, all of them were negatives, the last one was a quick test, and were negative too, almost at 6 months, i donīt realy know what to do because i always have care of mouth, i never had problems with teeths and gingivis, from that day till now everything happened in my mouth, if she hasnīt infected me with HIV what could it be????. I hope you understand my bad english and i wish you luck.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 08:11:21 am »
Scared01, please keep your additional thoughts in your own thread. What you are doing is considered thread hijacking and we don't allow that here.

Seiko,

This is your last warning. If you continue to post after your conclusive negative result, I will have to give you a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline seiko

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 01:42:18 pm »
Hello Ann & Everyone,

I've taken a long break from posting since I didn't want to be given a time out.  So I gave myself one.

Well I'm still concerned about being infected.  To this day I still have the following chronic symptoms:
1. Angular Cheilitis
2. Aphthous ulcers on underside of tongue.
3. Highly suspected Oral Hairy Luekoplakia on right side of tongue.
4. Dry mouth which generally moves from one side of the mouth to the other depending on the day.
5. Numbness/tingling in right hand and foot.

Those are basically are the main symptoms I have to this day.  They have been with me for almost 5 months.  Never going away at any time in between.  So that is why I am very scared and concerned I am hiv+.

I plan to go get an hiv test next week.  Wish me luck again!  And if the experts have any comments to make please do so.  If you think I'm crazy then by all means say so, if you think I'm doomed then bring it on.  I want to hear it all.  I hope I'm not one of those that tests positive after an 89 day negative test.  But these symptoms taken together all seem to point to hiv.  I'm scared.

Thanks in advance.
seiko

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 02:38:03 pm »
Seiko,

Your 89 day negative result is conclusive and you do not need further testing. You are hiv negative, period, end of story. Instead of wasting time and money testing again for hiv, go see a doctor about the physical things that are bothering you. Whatever is going on, it has nothing to do with hiv because you are hiv NEGATIVE.

If you cannot accept your hiv negative status, please get yourself some support and help for your hiv anxiety with some face-to-face meetings with a counselor or therapist. We cannot offer you that here. There is nothing more we can do for you. You are without doubt hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline seiko

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 05:10:04 pm »
Ann,

Thank you again for the feedback.

Had another test on 12/5/06 after going to the doctor to see what's going on with my oral problems.  She agreed with taking another test.

Results came back Negative.  That would be 8 months and 5 days since last exposure.  I know you're going to say I'm hiv negative, period, end of story.  But why do I read on some websites that there have been rare occasions where people have seronconverted 6-12 months after exposure, etc... And since my symptoms are not clearing up to this day, I can't think of anything else that's causing this except hiv.

Thanks again in advance for any feedback received.
seiko

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 07:06:24 pm »
Read the lessons on testing. You can find them in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline seiko

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 05:31:19 pm »
Hello Everyone,

Haven't posted in a while.  Have a simple question (I think) that I hope can be answered.

Does coinfection with Hepatitus A, B, or C extend the window period for detecting HIV antibodies?

Thanks in advance.
Seiko

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 05:32:49 pm »
No it does not.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2007, 06:14:34 am »
Seiko,

Your unprotected encounter was nearly a year ago now. You've tested negative out to eight months. You do not have hiv from this encounter.

If something going on with your body is worrying you, go to your doctor about it. If you simply cannot put this behind you, ask your doctor for a referral to a mental health care professional so you can work through your anxieties. There is nothing more we can do for you here. You are conclusively hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline seiko

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2007, 03:03:16 pm »
Ok, just took my 1 year and 3 day test.  Test results were negative for HIV and Hep A,C.  Hep B came back positive for the core anti-body but negative for the surface antigen.  A subsequent test was done a week later to check for the surface anti-body and that came back negative.  So my doctor says I had a false positive and am Hep B negative too!

Anyway, with a one year negative HIV test under my belt I guess I should feel great and happy.  I still have the following symptoms with me:

1. aphthous ulcers on underside of tongue.
2. dry mouth on occasion (2 or 3 times a week).
3. angular chielitis.
4. loss of strength/kinda numbness in my right foot.
5. weird brown/reddish spots that form on my skin.  Most recent one on my right hand near the thumb.  Nine or 10 spots.  Weird!
6. hairy leukoplakia looking lesions on side of tongue.

So again I expect the usual replies of you are conclusively HIV negative.  And I also take it that all of you are of the mindset that a negative HIV test outside of the window period (in this case a full year) trumps symptoms, no matter what they are, each and every time.  Am I right?

But can't you see how uncanny these symptoms are to having HIV infection?  That is why I am still so worried.

Please reply with some comments.
Thanks again.

Seiko

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2007, 03:23:48 pm »
Seiko, it's time for you to move on. You're done posting on this forum. Seek the help of a mental health professional.

Offline eaman

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007, 04:40:49 pm »
You don't have HIV that is for sure.  It does sound like you have an oral health issue though.  Try listerine once in a while, and BTW you need to be seing an ENT or oral surgeoun to get that diagnosed.  Densists are just not going to have knowlege on gum, tongue health etc.  ENT or OS will as they get refferals for this kind of stuff all the time. 

Offline eaman

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007, 04:43:50 pm »
BTW I think that you are convicing you self that these symptoms are an uncanny resemblence to hiv.  In actuallity I think these have a great explanation and it might be anxiety.  Stop wasting you time.  BTW I am guilty of being this same type of worrier but my 4 months - was enough for me to forget all about it.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 05:03:04 pm »
eaman, do not post in any post other than your own. Keep all your thoughts and concerns in your orginal thread.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.