Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:27:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 208
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Wow, that's a long..  (Read 8309 times)

Offline Texan38

Wow, that's a long..
« on: December 27, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »
trilogy! I sorta kinda not really remember the 'Lord of the Ring' movies so I decided to watch all three films back to back. Holy crap! Nine hours later, I'm done!  And enjoyed all nine hours of it.

Oh, I also saw 'Avatar' this Christmas weekend and it wasn't bad.  Yet, I do have to admit, the extended trailer for 'Clash of the Titans' got me even more excited to see that film!
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Wow, that's a long..
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 09:11:53 pm »
bravo, size queen! takes stamina to deal with the long ones, let alone enjoy 'em
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 09:13:29 pm »
I saw Avatar the day after Christmas.  The key, for those fellow travelers, is to seek out a cinema with "RealD 3D" as opposed to IMAX 3D.  Yeah, I know with the marketing everyone gravitates to IMAX, but I researched this on some tech geek cinema forum and for this movie evidently it's the better experience.  Something about RealD is only digital whereas IMAX is analog, and director Cameron developed some new technology just for this film and it's some digital thingie that makes RealD the better cinema experience, plus the glasses you wear for this one are more comfortable.

Overall I though there was some stunning effects, and they weren't gratuitous at all, but the story/plot was entirely predictable throughout and sophomoric, but then what does one expect from these things I suppose.

For what it's worth Sam Worthington will also be in Clash of the Titans and I've had a crush on him since seeing him play a closet case in Somersault four years ago.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 09:50:49 pm »
Lord of the Rings is one of my all time favorite movies. I consider it one movie broken up into three chapters and not three different movies, like The Matrix trilogy. I don't think I could handle watching Lord of the Rings in one sitting but I would like to watch it 3 nights in a row.

I hope to see Avatar and Sherlock Holmes soon.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 10:25:56 pm »
Lord of the Rings is one of my all time favorite movies. I consider it one movie broken up into three chapters and not three different movies

Well, duh girl.  Tolkein wrote the original book as one piece and the publisher split it into three books.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 11:38:11 pm »
Actually The Lord of the Rings is six books in three volumes:

Fellowship of the Ring is Book I: The Ring Sets Out and II: The Ring Goes South
Two Towers is III: The Treason of Isengard and IV: The Ring Goes East
Return of the King is V: The War of the Ring and VI: The End of the Third Age

But you are correct that Tolkien envisioned it as one book.

I have read the books three times and actually took a college seminar on Tolkien's works.

My partner is so embarrassed I just typed that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 11:41:05 pm by GSOgymrat »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 11:45:37 pm »

it's some digital thingie

Ms Thing said "thingie". ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 11:46:54 pm »

My partner is so embarrassed I just typed that.

Meeee tooooo.....
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 03:12:16 am »
I believe French & Saunders beautifully & succinctly captured the meaning of Tolkien's LOTR trilogy although I've never seen one of films:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCYbRUmzIb0

I tried to read the first book in junior high school but had been spoiled by the Rev. Charles Dodgson, H. G. Wells, Saki (AKA Hector Hugh "Put that bloody cigarette out!" Munro) & even Aldous Huxley -- it all read like "Twinkelty Twinkelty two..." to my jaded eyes.

I do like Sir Ian & Elijiah Wood or whatever his name is.   Thank goodness he was available or his part may have gone to Gary Coleman...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:43:52 pm by Boo Radley »
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 05:48:47 am »
I saw Sherlock Holmes over the weekend.  I went to a night showing, and wished I would have gone in the afternoon.  It's a long one.  Robert Downey Jr. did a good job, though. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what the reviews are going to be for Clash of the Titans.  I saw previews at the theater, and it looks pretty fantastic.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 06:22:46 am »
So, which is better - Sherlock Holmes or Avatar?  Everyone I've spoken to who has seen Avatar really liked it.  But, then again, back in the day, everyone who'd seen Titanic LOVED it and I honestly didn't.  Hubby is a huge sci-fi fan but I can't sit for 2 1/2 hours and watch something unenjoyable. 3D, RealD, IMAX - not gonna matter much since I'll have to wait for the DVD to come out.

I love LOTR.  A couple times a year, Hubby and I will pull them out and watch them over 3 days.  Kudoes to you for watching them all in one sitting.  I can't sit and focus that long.

www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 06:26:59 am »
This is the movie that you should all see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbgv8PkO9eo

Am I right or am I right!?
[.Fodão.]

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 09:38:30 am »
ahhh...   Return to Planet of the Apes.

;D

Offline Texan38

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 12:01:15 pm »
 :D  That's funny! Reminded me of something out of 'The Jungle Book'.

It's a long one. 

Well, I certainly don't mind long one's...if they're good.  ::)

Eventhough I thought 'Avatar' wasn't bad...I didn't think it was a great movie.  I wouldn't see it again. 
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 12:05:39 pm »
This is the movie that you should all see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbgv8PkO9eo

Am I right or am I right!?

Most of you here are probably way too young to even remember that song, let alone being born before 1971  :o  toykoDecadence Great job, I'm impressed  :-*
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:15:44 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 12:32:04 pm »
I believe French & Saunders beautifully & succinctly captured the meaning of Tolkien's LOTR trilogy although I've never seen one of films:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCYbRUmzIb0

:D Too funny!

"Oh, that's Madonna. She's been following us for some time now."

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 10:24:58 pm »
Lord of the Rings is one of my all time favorite movies. I consider it one movie broken up into three chapters and not three different movies, like The Matrix trilogy. I don't think I could handle watching Lord of the Rings in one sitting but I would like to watch it 3 nights in a row.

I hope to see Avatar and Sherlock Holmes soon.

The Hobbit will be released in 2011!

Offline minismom

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 06:48:09 am »
The Hobbit will be released in 2011!

I can't wait!  I hope they didn't cheat (like they did with Star Wars).  I wonder why the sudden and rather prolonged popularity with prequels.
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 04:20:52 pm »
I'm now ready for a couple months of films void of any special effects.

Offline mecch

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 05:09:14 pm »
I watched 18 episodes of Parks & Recreation while I was sick last few days. Does this count?

Chris Pratt has packed it on but what a successful transition from studly young buck to charming bear!

[attachment deleted by admin]
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »
I saw Avatar in 3D and it was great! The visuals were stunning and the acting was better than your average sci-fi action movie.

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 07:08:45 pm »
Just watched Avatar - WOW!  :o
Serious brilliance-visuals & new world message plot.
This movie is a DVD keeper too when it comes out.
Thanks Cameron for your creative genius.

They say on ET it needs at least $400 million to break even. Guess CGI stars ain't cheap. lol. :D
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 09:07:49 pm »

They say on ET it needs at least $400 million to break even. Guess CGI stars ain't cheap. lol. :D

It just made $800 million as of yesterday, and that's after only two weeks of sales:  http://www.altfg.com/blog/box-office/avatar-box-office-crosses-300-million-567/

Offline frankt

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 11:52:31 am »
thought avatar was the most boring movie of decade. I hope this isnt the future of film. IMO District 9 was much better.

Offline mecch

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 01:14:43 pm »
That guy in District 9 is a cutie and I don't mean the prawn.

Offline StacheBC

• Hello
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 08:35:31 pm »
"Wow, that's a long.. "
Boy if I got a thousand dollars every time I heard that one.

You know what they say. Big feet....

big shoes  ;D

Offline minismom

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 08:02:11 am »
Hubby and I saw District 9 this weekend via DVD rental.  It was AMAZING!  We also rented The Taking of Pelham 123 - save your breath, it was STUPID!

I'd love to see Avatar and Sherlock Holmes.  The way things are going, we'll have to wait for the DVD.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 08:05:41 am »

I am on vacation this week, so, We're finally going to see Avatar, this morning at 11:00 in the Imax theatre.  We were going to go yesterday , but it was too crowded. Will see Sherlock Holmes, later in the week.

R
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline WildcatCC

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 12:35:38 pm »
My hubby and I also saw District 9 via Netflix this weekend. Loved it loved it loved it! Sets it up for a sequel - obviously District 10 set 3 years from now.

Avatar has been sold out for weeks here in our surrounding area. We opted to go see Sherlock Holmes on Saturday night. But we went out to walk the dogs - freezing cold rain and 38 degrees (in SOUTH FLORIDA mind you!) so we opted for a night in on the couch and District 9. Was a better choice. Plus the snuggling ... mmm
Apr  08 - Diagnosed
Apr  08  cd4 8, vl 150k
Meds: Prezista/Norvir/Truvada
June 08 cd4 250, vl 1600
Aug  08 cd4 275, vl 450
Meds: Atripla
Nov  08  cd4  386, vl 255
Jan   09  cd4  415, vl 2100 (spike?)
Feb   09  cd4 460, vl 212
May   09  cd4 515, vl 1200
Aug   09  cd4 717, vl 1535 % 23
Sept  09  cd4 535  vl 1710 % 18
Oct   09  genotype shows mutation. Discussing w/ ID Doc
Nov  09   cd4 480  vl 650   % 19
Dec  09 genotype slight mutation to Epivir and Retrovir
Jan 10   cd4 508 vl 250 (21%)  low vitamin d - on supplement 2000 iu/day
Mar 15 Change to Isentress and Truvada
May 5 cd4 498 vl 1485
June 16 cd4 550 vl undect!!!! (finally dammit)

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 12:00:48 pm »
as i read here and must say I loved Avatar 3D and district 9, now being here in South Africa District 9 has a much deeper meaning for me and many South Africans. This is not a political issue but there are so many messages that one can derive from this movie.

Avatar was brilliant just brilliant
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll
2012-04-23 CD4=847 VL=125 CD4%=29
06-02-2013 CD4=990 VL=<20 CD4%=28
05-07-2013 CD4=869 VL=<20 CD4%=30
05-12-2013 CD4=859 VL=262 CD4%=28
03-05-2014 CD4=743 VL=<20 CD4%=28
30-09-2014 CD4=291 VL=33 CD4% =30
24-02-2015 CD4 1065 VL=1814 CD4%=30
22-07-2015 CD4=974 VL=<20 CD4%=32
19-01-2016 CD4=940 VL=<30 CD4%=33
11-07-2016 CD4=646 VL=<30 CD4%=26
11-01-2017 CD4=749 VL=<30 CD4%=29
27-06-2017 CD4=948 VL=<30 CD4%=32
22-12-2017 CD4=824 VL=<30 CD4%=32
09-06-2018 CD4=1036 VL=<40 CD4%=31
12-01-2019 CD4=915 VL=<30 CD4%=31
28-05-2019 CD4=855 VL=<40 CD4%=28
24-06-2021 CD4=927 VL=<20 CD4%=33
04-12-2021 CD4=1240 VL=<20 CD4%=34
25-06-2022 CD4=1408 VL=<40 CD4%=33
04-01-2023 CD4=982 VL=<20 CD4%=31
27-05-2023 CD4=1096 VL=<<40 CD4%=32

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.