Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:08:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 208
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm worried about Cliff  (Read 13565 times)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
I'm worried about Cliff
« on: June 19, 2006, 11:23:56 pm »
I received a message from Cliff saying he's not doing well at all.  He said he was on his way to the hospital.  He is currently in Paris so the language issue may also present a problem.

I know Cliff fairly well, if he is freely opting to go to the hospital, then I'm pretty certain he's suffering.

I hope we hear something soon.

Click the link below for some details.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=985.0

RAB

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: I'm worried about Cliff
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 11:27:15 pm »
That sounds very scary! I hope he checks in soon.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 11:28:08 pm »
So sorry to hear that. Hopefully he will get whatever treatment he needs at the hospital to feel better. I hope

you hear something soon.

Will say a prayer for him!

Sending him good thoughts also

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 11:33:44 pm »
Sorry to hear that as well !! Let's hope he'll be back soon with good news in regards to his health.

All the best to you Cliff.

The Canuck

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:42:37 pm »
Cliff,

sending you good thoughts and positive energy, my friend.   Hope you get over this episode quickly.

Love,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 01:46:51 am »
Sending good thoughts and positive energy Cliff's way.

Get better quickly.

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline Robert

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 01:56:32 am »
Oh now I'm worried too.  A lot.  I won't rest until I hear something.  Please keep up posted, Rockie.

robert

(could it have something to do with his "herpes"?  clif posted in the Treatment section today about how he is not responding to the medicine he is taking for it.)

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 01:59:51 am »
Rab...the last time I spoke with him he was talking about how hot it was in Paris....said even the air conditioner in the bldg where he worked was working well....  I hope he's ok?  Let us know if you hear anything?
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Markmt

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 03:33:23 am »
Sorry to read that, it is worrying...hope to hear from him soon.
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Cliff

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 05:06:12 am »
Thanks guys.  I'm okay.  I went to the hospital and they gave me some meds via IV.  I discharged myself this morning, cause they were going to keep me until I start to heal or show a response....but that's a bit hard to explain to bosslady.

Communication was a problem, but if I understand correctly it sounds like the doctor doesn't think resistance is an issue, just that I started the meds too late and my immune system didn't control the outbreak well enough.

No A/C at the client and am using the metro (no A/C, plus lots of walking) probably explains why it got so bad.  Back in London on Thursday and all of next week, will try to get it taken care of then.  Plus I'm overdue for my 3 month checkup (and a Hep B vaccine booster).

Thanks again (especially Rocky)

Offline eirin

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 05:12:07 am »
Thinking about you, and wishing you speedy recovery!  :-*

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 07:19:50 am »
Hello Cliff,

Hope all is going well, and that your getting good treatment. Get in touch when you can.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 07:25:09 am »
Oh Cliff, ........all I can say is ouch!  What a crappy break for you. Hot, miserable, probably in a ton of discomfort to boot, and miles away from home.
I will be thinking of you today, as I'm sure it will not be a picnic.
Hope you recover quickly, with as little discomfort as possible.
Poor baby.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 07:27:51 am »
Feel better Cliff!

Offline joemutt

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 07:45:58 am »
Cliff I m glad you re well again, this place just isnt the same without your input ;)

Offline Markmt

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 07:58:27 am »
Thks for news Cliff, Seems like a cooler front should be setting in Paris and London will be few degrees cooler anyway. Stay well and keep us posted.

Leo Buscaglia

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 08:20:22 am »
Thanks guys.  I'm okay.  I went to the hospital and they gave me some meds via IV.  I discharged myself this morning, cause they were going to keep me until I start to heal or show a response...

Cliff:  Thanks for the update.  But this idea of discharging yourself may have been one of the dumbest things you've ever done!   Seriously dude!    >:(

RAB

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 08:21:50 am »
Sorry to read you've been having "difficulties," Cliff. Hopefully you'll get things cleared up and back on track in London next week.

Of course getting through even a few days can be a long time, so hope it goes well.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 08:29:04 am »
rab,i cant blame cliff. Its summer in Paris and there is little A/C there. It can become very uncomfortable.

Offline Trish

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 09:58:19 am »
Hey Cliff,

Hope you're up and about before you know it.  Hang in there.  Sending you get well wishes and keeping you in my thoughts.

Feel better hon,

Love,

Trish :-*
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 10:33:22 am »
Cliff..

Sorry to hear of your trouble.  It's no fun to be away from home and not feeling well.  Hope you get some relief soon!

Hugs

Phil
Member since March 2004

Offline Markmt

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 10:48:25 am »
Quote from: RAB

Cliff:  Thanks for the update.  But this idea of discharging yourself may have been one of the dumbest things you've ever done!   Seriously dude!    >:(

RAB

I agree with RAB. Health is more important then what the company boss thinks, what worries me is that 73F (23C) is hardly eligible for heat exhaustion!.

http://weather.cnn.com/weather/forecast.jsp?locCode=LFPO 

Leo Buscaglia

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 11:33:37 am »
Get well soon bud. 

Offline Cliff

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 11:46:12 am »
Thanks guys. 

I should probably explain why I left. If I stayed in the hospital I would have faced the very likely prospect of having 2 or 3 coworkers rushing to the hospital to check up on me, (one of which is a friend from college that I've known for decade+).  There were bound to be questions.

Given that I may not have resistance, I decided to check-out, as there is little they can do at this stage.

Not ideal, but the option with the least amount of risk/anxieties.  Though it does put another notch on the it's time for a new job belt.  A silver lining...

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 11:49:07 am »
Cliff... my thoughts are with you. Though were I your bf, I would tie you up and send you back to the hospital. Then again, were I your bf, you'd be spending a lot of time tied up anyhow, so what would be new? Seriously.

Take care of yourself. You have a bouncing baby shirt to pay for.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 11:58:24 am »
Okay, now I am concerned also and I can't say I even know Cliff at all.
I am very sorry to hear that he may be sick and my thoughts and prayers are with him.

Strrength and Love to Cliff
and angels4cliff ;),
Love,
angels4kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 12:23:01 pm »
Add my wishes for a speedy recovery also Cliff.  Hope things are going better for you at this point.

Take care,
John

Offline Jena

• To God Be The Glory!
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 03:06:38 pm »
I hope you're feeling better Cliff. I agree theres nothing worse than being sick when you're far from your own bed. Please be well
Love
Jena

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 03:10:37 pm »
 hehehe......LOL@ bouncing baby shirt to pay for. ;D
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 03:37:16 pm »
Hi Cliff...

Get better soon, honey!

Love,

Zephie :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 05:27:13 pm »
Hi Cliff,

Zoster? It's a bitch.......

get well soon!!

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.