Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:36:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Now its my turn for a trip to the vet!  (Read 4455 times)

Offline Teresa

Now its my turn for a trip to the vet!
« on: July 24, 2006, 09:01:24 am »
Have to call the vet today.

My dog Charlie I think has been bit by a spider. Last week she was laying on the floor and all of a sudden she jumped up like she had been shot and looked at me like I had done something to her. I didnt see anything when she got up though. I looked because we have brown recluse spiders.

I noticed over the weekend that her left back nipple was kinda hanging and looked swelled. I looked and she has a sore on it. Her nose was also warm and its always cold. Then i noticed that the nipple on the other side looked kinda swollen and i sorta mashed around it and she had a milky like discharge.

I hope I can get her in today!

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

jerry

Re: Now its my turn for a trip to the vet!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 10:43:59 am »
Teresa hope your baby is doing ok.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 11:20:57 am »
Thanks Jerry

Got in the vet first thing this morning. They think she just scrapped herself and its infected a bit. But they also think she is having a false pregnancy because shes producing milk. They did a sonogram to make sure there wasn't any puppies. Thank heavens theres not.

Shes about 7 yrs old.  Someone dumped her out here in the country. When she found us she was skin and bones and covered in ticks. We fed her and cleaned her up. She is the best doggy. So friendly and loving.

The vet says that after this infection clears up we should get her spayed. Since shes producing milk her hormones are all wacky and it can cause alot of problems.

I'm just glad she didn't get bit by a brown recluse.

Hugs
Teresa

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:22:55 am by Teresa »
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 11:51:34 am »
Teresa you fur baby is cute!!! After the Montreal trip I am going to adopt a 6 month female Mini Schnauzer from a local Schnauzer resque organization. The woman that is the Pres of the "club" just moved into our neighboorhood. The Schnauzer I am going to adopt looks just like Oscar only a little smaller. She is living with my neighbors daughter in Nashville right now. they are going to bring her to Jackson in the next few weeks. Her name is Emmie. Emmie belonged to an elderly lady that had to move into a nursing home. Can't wait to spoil her rotten.

Dan
(who won't be "childless" much longer)

Offline Christine

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 12:57:04 pm »
Hi Teresa,
I am glad to hear Charlie is okay. I think the rescue doggies have a special bond with their forever families.

Dan- Yea! You're getting a new dog. That is wonderful. You have so much love to share. Emmie is very lucky!

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 03:18:50 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 08:25:29 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 02:22:02 am »
Hope Charlie is feeling better! Glad it wasn't a spider bite after all...ouch!
My 2 kitty cats send soothing kitten licks.

Melia :)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:56 pm »
Teresa,
    Glad that Charlie is doing well, and that there isn't anything serious going on. Have you ever noticed that we can be at deaths door, and still not go to the doctor, but when the "kids" are the slightest bit off we whisk them to the vet? Last time I had to go was when Baby Elmo got kicked by a Buffalo. She was okay, but between her and her brother, Waldo, I feel a proprietary interest in the vets Lexus. I think that I've paid for most  of it. Capt. Carl...
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 01:07:02 pm »
Charlie is so cute. Cute name for a girl dog too. How could someone just throw another living soul out like yesterdays newspaper.  :'(  >:(  :(

Capt Carl: SO TRUE! We love our "kids"!  :D  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.