Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:13:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 339
Total: 339

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Random shooting pains  (Read 4670 times)

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
Random shooting pains
« on: November 01, 2006, 10:33:45 am »
Since having my wisdom teeth out, I have been experiencing random shooting but faint pains all over my body.  It's like an electric storm that goes off every few minutes.  I googled it this AM and found that is may be common with having breast surgery and can last for months.  I've also read some other scarier potential causes but since it happened shortly after the teeth I'm thinking it's not cancer, etc. 

I know this topic isn't necessarily related to HIV, but there wasn't really a fitting forum.  All the same, I am wondering if any of you have experienced this or have any ideas on what I may be experiencing...

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: Random shooting pains
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 10:39:31 am »
Well that must be annoying as hell.

I don't have any ideas/suggestions what could be causing what you describe.  The only thing I could suggest is bring it to your doctor's attention.

RAB

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 11:23:07 am »
I'll certainly bring it up though it's going to be awhile until my next set of labs.  My doctor totally thinks I'm a worry wart from the way I was when I initially came to him years ago.  I really am not though and as proof, leaving my wisdom teeth in until 32.

NPI but believe it or not, the pains have not gotten on my nerves yet.  At this point it's more of a curiosity thing. 

Any other takers for a hypothesis?

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 12:31:39 pm »
Hi Jason,
The craniofacial nerves are a vast network, that communicates with the vagus nerve (the main nerve in charge).
You may still have remnant of nerve exposed, and it may be sending these impulses around.
.....but you really ought to just give the dentist a ring, and ask. Nerve endings regenerate at a very slow pace(something to the tune of a millimeter per year), and can create quite a bit of havoc in the process.
I'll be thinking of you. Let us know. :-*
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 01:08:41 pm »
I just called the nurse at the oral surgeon and she thinks the pain is unrelated.  I think she's full of shit.  I have to agree w/ Lisa that it may be a disruption to my craniofacial nerves but all the same I should mention this to my doc.  Thanks, Lisa.

Offline simon695

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 05:23:57 pm »
I Have Absolutely No Idea What Causes This,
I Rarely Get The Same Thing But It Is Seriously
Disturbing When It Happens,Which Is Often On
A Flight.
I Always Forget These Thing When Im With My
Doctor ,If I Have To Keep More Lists I Will Need
Another Secretary.
                       Si

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:37:21 pm »
Hey Jason,

You already googled it and you have a general idea of what this could be. If you were not satisfied with the response from your oral surgeon, I would get a second opinion from a different one. Keep and eye on this and let your Doctor know if the problem persits.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline ademas

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 08:49:20 pm »
I just called the nurse at the oral surgeon and she thinks the pain is unrelated.  I think she's full of shit.

I would call back and talk to the oral surgeon directly.

Offline Lisa

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 11:02:51 am »
  Jason.....   :-*

Offline ademas

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 11:08:19 am »
(am I the only one that keeps reading the title of this thread as "Random shooting penis"?)

I hope you're feeling better, Jason.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 11:52:04 am »
(am I the only one that keeps reading the title of this thread as "Random shooting penis"?)

Dr. Freud, Dr. Freud. Paging Dr. Freud   

JASON: Get well soon

Offline Lisa

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 11:52:42 am »
  See? Dyslexia can be fun sometimes. :o  ;D

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 12:16:57 pm »
Aww...  thank you everyone. 

And for the record, my penis hasn't been a random shooter for sometime  ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.