Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 15, 2024, 01:07:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37594
  • Latest: FloBeee
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772732
  • Total Topics: 66292
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is it racist?  (Read 19895 times)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Is it racist?
« on: October 24, 2006, 08:08:14 pm »
The mid-term election is just two weeks away (for the members who are non-U.S. citizens--please bear with us)

One of the 3 Senate races the Democrats must win two of to take control of the Senate (they need a total of 6, 4 seem to be going their way) is in the State of Tennessee.

The Democratic nominee is Congressman Harold Ford, he is African American. 

The race is a dead heat.

Tennessee is a "Southern" state.

The RNC (Republican National Committee) has launched an ad against Ford, that many are claiming is racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkiz1_d1GsA

The conservatives are saying "It's just funny, nothing more."

Ford, many Democrats, and frankly lots of commentators, are saying it's something entirely different.

On the "surface" it can be defined as "funny", the question is on another level, is there "another" message being sent here?

I'd especially be interested in what our Tennessee members are thinking when they see this ad.

What do you think?

RAB

I know what my "gut" tells me!   >:(

(Note:  It takes forever to download cause it's getting so many hits, just be patient, watch it a couple of times, and then honestly think about what the ad is really saying.)

Offline cph9680

Re: Is it racist?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 08:25:08 pm »
I wouldn't say that's racist, stupid maybe, but who am I to say.
Hopefully, as with the MA governor's election, these stupid ads attacking the other candidate will backfire and whoever the Republican fool placing these ads won't have to worry about a career in Washington!

Offline Cliff

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 08:36:29 pm »
It has subtle racial overtones, that anyone in the political marketing/advertising bus. would be aware of when making the ad.  But it's mostly just tacky and silly.  If this ad actually convinces one person to vote against Ford, then God help the state of Tennessee, cause they have bigger problems than this election.  What the ad probably does is just reinforces biases for or against Ford, (whether because of his political affiliation or his race).

Offline fearless

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 08:48:41 pm »
As an outsider, I thought it was quite lame. A few elections back, we were going to be 'swamped by Asians'.

And, you should all know that I hate the term "racist". It perpetuates the myth, and gives credance to the mysnoma, that there are different races. It hides the real and simple basis of discrimination - the colour of ones skin, ones appearance, or ones culture.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 09:11:41 pm »
How would anyone deem this racist? It doesn't bring his heritage into it. What it does do is play to   republican stereotypes of what democrats represent.
he would be better hitting back with a commercial of q 18 year old saying " Don't think of e mailing me!"
A catholic priest saying " I never touched the republican!"
 A republican type having Abramoff's business card fall out"
Another similar guy telling the Pentagon to buy the $25,000 screw because America will pay for it.
You get my drift
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 09:21:42 pm »
To the average voter, this ad probably won't be perceived as racist.

That wasn't the basis for my question frankly.  (something I probably failed to clarify)

The thing I was curious about is that in a race this close, it only takes a swing of 1 or 2 % points to tip the outcome.

I guess I was curious whether the RNC is running the ad, not so much to suggest the race card with the typical voter, but whether they were running the ad to motivate that small % they need to win.

As Cliff mentioned, if voters in Tennessee are moved by this ad, then there are clearly bigger problems.

That however, doesn't erase the issue that if a subtle suggestion of race might (emphasis intended) tip the outcome, is/could/would the RNC play that card?

The black woman who opens the ad stating something like "he's good looking what else do I need to know"?

The blond haired anglo woman (remember the Playboy party issue?) winking at the end saying "Call me"? 

Doesn't that send a subtle message?

Am I over analyzing this?

RAB

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 10:18:17 pm »
 :-[
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:45:02 pm by Dachshund »

Offline whizzer

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 11:00:08 pm »
The end, where the blue-eyed blond southern white girl says "call me", well, that is playing to the 5-10% or so southerners that still perceive black men as wanting to prey on our white women.  So yeah, I'd have to say that the ending, at least, is quite racist.

Alas, it is Tennessee, so the ad will probably do exactly what the RNC intends for it to do.  Would that it wouldn't.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 07:08:00 am »
When I first saw RABs topic, I was afraid to watch the video, cause I am a conservative and Harold Ford is probably the only reasonable Democrat alive and someone I would vote for. But I got the guts to watch it and see absolutely nothing racist. Harold did apparently attend a football party at the playboy mansion. when asked about it, he responded, "i like football and I like girls". I am sure there people in Tenn who don't like the idea of their representative going to parties at the playboy mansion.
Are the constant attacks on Sec Rice racist? I here libs making fun of her hair and teeth. Were the attacks on Judge Thomas Racist? Are the present attacks on Lynn Swann and Michael Steele racist?
Why is Senator Byrd of W. Virginia a leader of Dem Party after being a leader of the KKK?
Why is it every time a Liberal black Dem is criticized Libs cry Racism? Why is it every time Republicans try to talk about a Dems record they are accussed of dirty tricks or personal destruction?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 09:33:44 am »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:46:02 pm by Dachshund »

Offline jack

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 09:45:55 am »
you have no idea what you are talking about. Any Senator or Congressman who goes to the Playboy Mansion is gonna catch shit from the other side,no matter the color. Democrat opponents in  Congress were spreading rumors he was gay to try and keep him out of power. I heard nothing on this MB aboutthat. Now a Republican ad reminds voters Harold is a heterosexual who went to the playboy mansion and its racist.
In the Texas governors race Chris Bell has an ad against the human hairdo Rick Perry claiming that since the state government is outsourcing through Accenture they have cost 250000 children health insurance. Go figure. They make accenture look like some evil outfit and they are one of the largest employers in Texas.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 10:05:16 am »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:46:46 pm by Dachshund »

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 10:26:14 am »
This is about the most ridiculous and brazen ad I've ever seen.  Then again, I generally tune this crap out as I already have my mind made up.  Something like this wouldn't fly up here.

Offline jack

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 10:32:28 am »
I didn't say the ads were racist, I asked if you thought they were. I see no diff between them and the Ford ad. The Ford Ad is about a US congressman spending time in what is essentially a high class strip joint. It has nothing to do with his race. But Libs always make it about race. All criticism is termed racist.
Again, I am a Ford supporter.
The reference to the Bell ads were simply to show how ridiculous and mendacious political ads can be.
Anyone who finds racism in the Ford ad has a very active imagination.

Offline ademas

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 10:46:34 am »
All of it's ridiculous...from both sides.
I'm tired of the constant barrage.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 11:01:14 am »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:47:20 pm by Dachshund »

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 11:23:55 am »
A recent Gallup Poll of Republicans:

68.9% said they would not vote for a black or Latino candidate even if the candidate had the endorsement of the Republican Party.

27.4% said the holocaust never happened.

48.7 identified Mexico's President Vincente Fox as the short Canadian actor from "Family Ties."

This is because they all live in denial of reality!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 04:22:50 pm »
All of it's ridiculous...from both sides.
I'm tired of the constant barrage.

No Shit. Between here and the non stop barrage of attacks on TV.  As if we haven't made our OWN minds up.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 05:38:01 pm »
Of course it's racist.

MtD

Offline Lis

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 06:10:20 pm »
sorry for the hijack!!

John... funny you should talk about  making up your own mind... what a laugh!!!

Yes it is racist!!!
poz 1986....

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 06:20:32 pm »
yeah Lis, just like your story about why you did not go to Montreal?  Jesus, now THAT is the laugh.  Put ME on ignore now too

Offline Lis

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 06:24:19 pm »
you are not worth the worry.. i hope that someday you will move from the trailer park and stop fooling youself... and FYI i have NO ONE on the OL ignore...
poz 1986....

Offline jack

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 06:36:33 pm »
I think most don't know that Harold had a very small scandal(only republican scandals make headlines)by going to a Playboy Club(which is a high class breast bar where you cant buy blow jobs or hand jobs). If you listen to the ad that's what its about.
The part of the ad that is really unfair is about Ford wanting to raise taxes. He is probably the only Democrat alive that understands that lower tax rates increase government revenues or the only one who doesn't play politics with it.
As a person who would like to see Harold run for President, I wish he hadn't made this run for the Senate. Its almost impossible to run for president from the Senate. Look what happened to Lurch and Bob "the tax collector" Dole.
it seems to me only a person who is racist could find this ad racist.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 07:33:53 pm »
Okay, so I watched the ad...here's my take...

First, they ad is just in poor taste. What the republicans have done here, yet again, is use stereotypes to scare people...you see, it's not a race thing, or gun thing, or a tax thing...its basic fear mongering at its worst! Republicans can't stand on their own merits anymore, they have nothing to show as accomplishments, so they now they resort to stretching truths, telling lies, and scaring people into voting for them...oh wait, can we say "If you vote for a democrat we will be hit, and hit hard??" My GOD, can't these people just realize that they are losing and begin to actually do something, instead of trying to blow smoke up our asses.

I am just disgusted with these republicans...they turn my stomach!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline whizzer

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 08:08:04 pm »
It was NOT a Playboy Club he went to.  It was a party at the Playboy Mansion.  He's a guy, single, and, by all accounts, straight.  So where's the scandal in that?

Last night Tucker Carlson confessed that HE has been to parties at the Playboy Mansion, with his wife in tow.  Now, Tucker is a pretty strong conservative, social and otherwise....I somehow doubt his wife was there giving handjobs. 

The fact is, this is the only way the GOP knows how to play the game anymore.  They have NO values, family or moral, and absolutely no sense of shame.

Offline longone

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 10:07:17 pm »
Give me a break! Here you have an African American in a dead heat in TENNESSE no less and they are still playing the race card to get more votes. I liked the add.

Offline jack

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 09:49:47 am »
Yes, he went to the Playboy Mansion or Club or whatever you want to call it, to watch a football game. NO big deal to me, I would be there in a heartbeat. But the Playboy Mansion is no more than a high class strip joint, good looking babes, no blowjobs or handjobs.
For the last time, here is what the ad is about. After going to the Playboy Mansion, Harold was asked by the media if he went. HE SAID NO.  Another politician caught in lie, even though a very small one. Yeah, its really stupid,but it was stupid for Harold to lie in the first place. When the lie came up again in this years campaign Harold said he was there and that "he liked women and football". Why didn't he just say that in the first place? Why is it all politicians, rep and dem, first reaction always is to lie?
Can you imagine what you Lib racists would be saying if Republicans had used an African American women as the Playboy slut?
Is the ad anymore stupid than dem ads accusing Reps of wanting to kill our children by cutting the cost of school lunches? The never ending Social Security scare tactics of the Dems? Some  on this MB have accused W of being responsible for hurricanes.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 10:15:06 am »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:48:00 pm by Dachshund »

Offline jack

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 10:44:58 am »
I did not say they were racist, I said they were attacking them and asked you if you thought they were racist.
I still believe anyone who finds something racist in the Ford ad is at heart a racist themselves.
If they would have used an African American woman as the dancer you would be saying the ad demeans African American women.
When every criticism of any non white person or liberal person is met with the racism charge,your side has turned the whole thing into one big hypocritical joke.
If Harold was a Republican you would be saying he was pervert.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 11:56:51 am »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:49:10 pm by Dachshund »

Offline jack

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 02:09:04 pm »
if you go back to my original post,you will see that Inever said these attacks were racist. I was asking if you thought they were racist. Again anyone claiming racism in the Ford ad is merely trying to obfuscate the truth or is a racist themselves. Do you find something wrong with a white stripper saying hello to a black man?
Again the ad is about Ford lying about attending a football party at a Playboy Mansion(a high class tit bar).
I have no problem voting for people because of their color or ethnicity. I would vote for Ford. It does not bother me that he went to a tit bar or lied about it.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 02:58:01 pm »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:50:01 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Christine

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 03:11:47 pm »
The add is playing on stereotypes of what some people use against African American men...looks are everything, money, high sexual activities- especially with white women.

The race is close, and they are playing what ever cards they have to win.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline jack

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 03:22:40 pm »
should they have used a black woman to portray the stripper? Then you all would be saying they were taking advantage of black women. Will you all ever stop playing the race card? The response to this ad shows the ignorance to the voter. The part of this ad about the Playboy Tit joint with the white woman was in response to Harold lying about being at the Playboy tit joint. He has in recent days admitted he was at the tit club and has said "he likes women and football".  I suppose there are also voters who find it immoral that their representative was at a Strip Joint. I am sure the ad was playing to that also. Anyone person who calls racism on ad is hiding fromthe truth or probably a racist.
Who uses this stereotype against Black men? Are you on drugs? Justice Thomas is married to a white woman. Haven't heard any republicans upset about that. Only Dem's.

Offline ademas

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 03:37:23 pm »
should they have used a black woman to portray the stripper?

Was there a stripper?  That's the question, Jack.
Find the stripper and let her speak in the ad.
If there was one.
It's a bunch of horseshit, and you know it.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 03:53:37 pm »
 :-X
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 12:52:49 am by Dachshund »

Offline Christine

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2006, 02:19:37 pm »
Anyone person who calls racism on ad is hiding fromthe truth or probably a racist.   Are you on drugs?

Jack,
I'm not the one hiding from the truth. The message in the ad is very clear. And for the record...yes, I am on drugs, see the list below.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline longone

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 05:13:01 pm »
[quote author= You can bleat on and on about your support for Ford but behind the voting booth curtain you would never vote for an African American. This is the reason conservatives are so sensitive to charges of racism...because they are racist and will always use racial polarization to try and maintain power. Trying to shift the blame never works.

Hmmm and I thought only rep smeared people. Now all conservative will not vote for a Black?

Funny how 95% of all voters who are Black will vote for a Black canadate regurdless of his/her policies. I guess that's ok and of course not racist at all towards the other canadate.

What a bunch of hooey!!  The ONLY group in this country that is NOT voting in blocks by race are the poor lonely White men, period.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 07:16:42 pm »
Funny how 95% of all voters who are Black will vote for a Black canadate regurdless of his/her policies. I guess that's ok and of course not racist at all towards the other canadate.
WTF?  Any proof of this?  Because there don't seem to be all that many black candidates to vote for in the first place.  And if white men were so fucking non-racist, explain why on earth every single president has been white (and protestant for that matter, except for one and you guys managed to kill that one off)?  Because white men are sooooooo interested in voting outside their race and sex.  You guys kill me.

I knew this shit would start up sooner or later.  This has got to be one of the most xenophobic, racist HIV websites out there.

FOR ONCE WHY DON'T YOU AIDS INFECTED WHITE TRASH PICK ON ASIANS OR MEXICANS....WHY IS IT ALWAYS GOTTA BE SHIT STARTED ABOUT BLACKS?

Offline jack

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 07:41:07 pm »
Ademus, I guess you haven't ever been to a Playboy Club or Mansion. They are strip joints. The women that work there are high class,goodlooking topless dancers. Harold went to watch a football game there. I have no problem with him going to any strip joint or Playboy Mansion. I spent years entertaining clients in similar places.  Someone at the club told the media Ford was there. Ford denied it and then later admitted being there. That is what the ad is about, that and many of the far left socialist policies that Ford doesn't support. The part about the Strip joint is probably the only true thing in the ad. Ford is a conservative democrat,more conservative than some republicans, he supports free markets, fiscal responsibility,the Iraq invasion,and low taxes.

I still don't see how a white woman waving at Ford is racist.  Do you all have a problem with white women going out with black men? Why do libs always assume every white person in the south is a racist?

The real thing you should find troubling is that a guy as smart, talented, and charismatic as Ford was never pushed to front of the Democratic Party.  He is a guy many republicans would vote for in a national election. He is the rare type of politician who has positions that I can support and some you can support. He doesn't vote straight party line and that has cost him dem money and maybe the election. I would like to see him run for governor and then President. He is too good to be in the Senate or House.

Offline longone

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 07:49:53 pm »
Quote from:
FOR ONCE WHY DON'T YOU AIDS INFECTED WHITE TRASH PICK ON ASIANS OR MEXICANS....WHY IS IT ALWAYS GOTTA BE SHIT STARTED ABOUT BLACKS?
[/quote

Ghee no racism here.Oh,that's right, only white men can be racist, sorry I forgot.

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 07:55:46 pm »
I have to say I am very stupid because of my first response. Then on tv they were talking about this and the old myth of how Black men are trying to steal white women- which is what this is about not anything to do with a stripper - real or imaginary.
Shit i thought that mentality went out with 8 tracks and Freddy fender.  Then again it seems that if those white guys would leave the kiddies alone and pay more attention to the women this wouldn't be a problem
Cliff you are dealing with a guy who can't separate 16 year old boys from grown women .
Considering that White guys really fucked this country royally towards every race here I can't see why not voting for a white guy would be a problem.
By the way are you also taken into account that there is shystyness when democrats and minorities go to vote add the fact that this new paperless voting booth is designed by a hard core republican. Gee one just has to look how White men treated the Native population with lies!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 07:57:56 pm by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline longone

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 07:59:15 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/11/us/politics/11voting.html?ex=1318219200&en=974522d98ca483d3&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

See boys and girls its a power struggle plain and simple. Wish it wasn't that way but if the tables turn Gay bashing will seem like a picnic.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 08:03:25 pm »
Yes.  You've heard here folks.  I HATE WHITE TRASH.  Can't stand 'em.  Never have.  Never will.  So Longone, take your simpleton, ooops I touched a vagina do I now have AIDS, back to Am I infected.  Your two brain cells are in much demand over there.

Offline longone

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 08:07:46 pm »
Yikes!!!!!!!!! I guess its hate White men night. By your pic. I see you were produced by an evil white man YUK!!

Maybe you need a little foreign travel to see just how horrible your country built by American 'White men' [OH that's right White men did nothing but persucue other sorry] really is. May I suggest Afghanistan.  

Aha the results of brain washing.

Offline longone

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2006, 08:12:58 pm »
Well Cliff
 I guess you feel because you are Black you can and probably will get away with a blatant hate statement such as that. The troubling part is you are not alone with your hate in your community.
Sad you can't controll yorself.

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2006, 08:21:35 pm »
Maybe you need a little foreign travel to see just how horrible your country built by American 'White men' [OH that's right White men did nothing but persucue other sorry] really is. May I suggest Afghanistan. 
Well first off it was foreigners who built America just White men who exploited them. And since you bring up Afghanistan, now that is the result of American White men, if you consider Ronald Reagan white. How ironic that his ilk couldn't get a job in 1900 for being catholic and now want to deny others.
Sadly these guy fuck over whites as well if you bothered to read my post instead of looking at photos
Do you know who Ida Tarbell is ?
http://www.history.rochester.edu/fuels/tarbell/MAIN.HTM
Or the biggest lynching in the South was against Sicilians orchestrated by guess who.
Or that Helen Keller was one of the biggest socialists going?
http://www.utne.com/issues/1996_76/view/907-1.html
I know Bush needs to lock up the Internet next !
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 08:23:40 pm by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 08:26:13 pm »
Well Cliff
 I guess you feel because you are Black you can and probably will get away with a blatant hate statement such as that. The troubling part is you are not alone with your hate in your community.
Sad you can't controll yorself.
If he was Sicilian, Hawaiian, Chinese Mexican Native American , Irish before 1963- he would feel this way also .
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline ademas

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 08:31:00 pm »
Jack, my comments were about the ad.
If Ford lied about his attendance at the Playboy party, then they should have mentioned that in the ad.
Instead they get some actress to play a cheap-looking bimbo and imply that he was hitting on her, and that he has her phone number.
That's what I'm calling horseshit.
You said it yourself.  "Harold went to watch a football game there."  If anything else happened at such an event, surely they should have no trouble proving it.  Instead they hire an actress and fabricate lies.

(and longone...jeebsus...what rock did you crawl out from under?  FFS.
Don't waste your breath, Cliffy.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:00:40 pm by ademas »

Offline whizzer

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 09:22:33 pm »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.