Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:40:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Your favorite talk show or late night show?  (Read 4836 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Your favorite talk show or late night show?
« on: July 27, 2011, 03:15:22 pm »
I love to listen to the monologues on all the politcal/comedy shows and late night shows.
Leno. Letterman, Conan, Fallon, Daily Show, Colbert, Maher. 

Bill Maher is the most consistently left, I think.  I just started watching him recently.

Colbert I never liked too much but this year I decided his show is enjoyable again. 

I was always a Conan fan. I thought his Tonight Show replacement was great great, last fall.  I resented Leno's bad behavior and hadn't watched him in years.  Now for a few weeks I've been watching Leno again, too, and finally have to say he makes me laugh a lot with his clean humor -- which i guess is supposed to be the most broad audience all American. 

Conan's new show is pretty good, mostly because I think Andy Richter is the perfect sidekick and really hilarious.

Letterman is getting so old and cranky.  Letterman and Conan are probably the worst interviewers of guests, however.  They are always putting the spotlight on themselves.  Stewart does this too sometimes. But mostly the problem with Stewart is his guest interviews are usually not long enough.

For "news" I watch Maddow, Cooper and NBC news, all in the podcast form.  Anderson does some really campy stuff now, with his RidicuList.  He puts funny stuff on that.  Especially recently that crazy high school girl who married the old guy.  She's nuts!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline emeraldize

Re: Your favorite talk show or late night show?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:05:09 pm »
Jimmy Fallon is my favorite late night host.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:44:22 pm »
Letterman
Conan
Joy Behar Show
AC360

Haven't watched Leno in 10 years. Cant stand his irritating voice.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mecch

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:09:25 pm »
Its the corniness of Leno I like and he has good writers, a good sense to make fun of silly things. Like the send in the ridiculous newspaper ads.  I laugh at half of them. Homespun humor.

Letterman I watched tonight stoned and Paul Schaffer has got to be one of the longest running weirdos in show biz!  You get the impression he is brain dead blasé but he has great musical taste.  He' up for an Emmy for his Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

He and Letterman are pretty dame old and yet hip.

He had this weird band on tonight:  Eels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueaD4W15KIg

Very psychedelic. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline buginme2

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:24:39 pm »
Piers Morgan
Chelsey Lately
Tosh.0
The Daily Show

I Tivo and watch at late night.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 12:35:32 pm »
Chelsea Handler....love her.  We saw her comedy show live and she is incredible. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 12:40:35 pm »
For late night I actually like The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (it comes on after Letterman) - love his sense of humor and how he gets the guests to just relax and be themselves - never know what is going to happen on that show....

One of his personal quotes is: "I haven't had a drink in thirteen years", he said on "The Late Late Show  with Craig Ferguson" (2005) on February 1, 2005, speaking about his alcoholism. "But, occasionally, I'm tempted to have one beer. The problem is that if I have that one beer, I wake up in Tijuana four days later with a tattoo and a sore ass

Afternoon talk show would be Ellen

Weekend late night - (not really a "talk show") but I used to watch Wanda Sykes

and mornings with be Regis and Kelly
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:44:45 pm by phildinftlaudy »
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline mecch

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 02:20:15 pm »
I didn't even know Wanda Sykes had had a show.  I've seen some specials - she is a riot.  That wasn't her as one of the judges on Drop Dead Diva this year?

I miss a lot living abroad.  I try to watch one new thing each year from French Swiss and British TV but its hard to find a decent French series.  Swiss I watch the public channel programming it is "local TV" gussied up a bit, sometimes.
The French talk shows i like best are the panels of assorted VIP/artist types and quite long and boring finally.

Im downloading Chelsea now to see what she's all about.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:22:14 pm by mecch »

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »
I didn't even know Wanda Sykes had had a show.  I've seen some specials - she is a riot.  That wasn't her as one of the judges on Drop Dead Diva this year?

I'm not sure if her show is still on or not ------ I'm going to check and see....ok - just checked -- it was on from November 2009 and went off May 2010  - you can probably still find episodes on hulu or via you tube.... it had its good moments and some not so good.

She would have a panel of guest stars sit at a table drinking cocktails and talking about recent news events ---- that was probably the funniest segment of each show.
Oh, and it does look like she was one of the judges on Drop Dead Diva....
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 04:46:39 pm »

Im downloading Chelsea now to see what she's all about.

Oh yeah Chelsea is great., she had me rolling last night.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 05:46:23 pm »
I like Craig Ferguson, too -- just too late for me to stay up these days.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 06:16:42 pm »
I didn't even know Wanda Sykes had had a show. 

She took Fox's time slot after Mad TV went off the air.  I was totally shocked when they canceled it as I really enjoyed it.  I gladly missed the 1st half hour of SNL to watch her.  It's possible that her show was just a tad too queer.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 06:19:10 pm »
Oh yeah Chelsea is great., she had me rolling last night.

I definitely record it if Ross Mathews is on it.  He is the funniest little thing.  Even cute in that chubby sissified way. 

Offline mecch

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 03:57:19 am »
Well I watched a few eps of Chelsea and its just sort of cunty and mean too often.  I guess she is supposed to be "playing" a bitch but it doesn't vary enough. Or maybe its her drawn out snotty way of speaking.  Her guests comics aren't that funny - I presume they have a day or two to come up with jokes on the announced topics and a lot are lame.  I just wasn't laughing, but was sometimes wincing.  

I liked an audio book she did of her book, that was funny and warmer.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 06:18:29 am »
I dont get that Chelsea is mean.   Watch some Tosh.0 you'll definately be laughing out loud.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline wolfter

Offline mecch

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 08:56:49 am »
Yes so she cracks up, so we see she's "playing" a pushy and snide ball buster.  But its always the same routine. 
He's funny though! 
I like her books, somehow the same character entertains me.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.