Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:56:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 331
Total: 333

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Symptoms HIV antibodies in test timing  (Read 18827 times)

Offline billydon

Symptoms HIV antibodies in test timing
« on: February 25, 2007, 07:44:57 am »
I had a test on Feb 15 (45 days after possible exposure) and then, on Feb 18 I had several symptoms which got worse until Feb 20 but by Feb 24 were completely gone. On Feb 23 my test result was NEG. - My question: if you re tested before symptoms develop will anti bodies show up in test and is 45 days too early to get an accurate test. (A lot of literature says 3 months is the rule.) Also, can you have most of the early symptoms and have HIV but not have the antibodies show in a test while still experiencing the symptoms.

Finally, if you are +, is just 6 days of symptoms indicative? And, will THRUSH does go away on it's own like the other symptoms go away?

Thanks for your experiences.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Symptoms HIV antibodies in test timing
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 09:25:41 am »
Billy,

Thanks for starting your own thread.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. Symptoms or even the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection, ONLY testing will reliably reveal  your hiv status. Only a test at three months after a real risk will be conclusive.

May I ask what you believe caused you to be at risk? Unless it was unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, or sharing drug injecting equipment, chances are you are worrying over nothing.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline billydon

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 10:45:31 am »
Thank you Ann for your quick respones
On Dec 31-Jan 1 I had unprotected anal sex- neither of us ejaculated during intercourse/ we did oral first/ then some anal as foreplay - then we masturbated to ejaculation.
So symptoms can manifest themselves and your test can be NEG?

Again, thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 10:54:01 am »
Billy,

Unless you mean you had penetrative anal sex, where you were inserting penises, you weren't at risk in your anal play. You were also not at risk during the masturbation or getting a blowjob. It is exceedingly rare to become infected through giving a blowjob.

It is unlikely that your negative test will change at the conclusive three month mark.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline billydon

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 11:04:16 am »
thank you ann
again, i was tested on a thurs (2/15) / and by Sunday i felt awlful - showing several text book symptoms/ by tuesday I was having trouble breathing/ on thurs (2/22) i saw  a purpleish mole on/under my skin (i ve found only one) but on Friday (2/23) i called the PUB health dept who informed me my test was NEG - by yesterday I felt GREAT - all symptoms gone except the scab from the purplish (smaller than a quarter) sore.
thanks for your consideration

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 11:10:34 am »
It's still not clear from your responses if you had anal play or anal intercourse. If it was the latter then your negative result is encouraging but not final.

If you had unprotected anal intercourse you need to re-test at 13 weeks past the risky incident. If there wasn't any intercourse then nothing you are reporting put you at risk for HIV transmission.

As long as the insertive partner consistently uses condoms for anal intercourse you're "covered" literally and figuratively against HIV transmission.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline billydon

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 11:18:18 am »
How common is it for symptoms to last for ONLY six days? - does THRUSH go away like other symptoms or must one use an anti fungal medication?

thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 11:24:34 am »
Thrush needs to be diagnosed by a doctor and treated. It can be quite persistent and it's not something to ignore so if you think you have it you should see your doctor.   

"How common is it ..." How come you are into guesswork instead of answering a question when asked. Did you have unprotected intercourse or not? Simple question. How about an answer? We can respond much more specifically when you give details as accurately as you can.
Andy Velez

Offline billydon

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 11:28:48 am »
Yes - he did penetrate me - I know it s doesn t matter, but he did not ejaculate in me/ I did penetrate him and I too, did not ejaculate in him

I m sorry  but this protocol is all new to me/ please be patient

thanks

Offline billydon

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 11:32:22 am »
Thank you Ann
   I just read the guidlines and won t Private anyone again

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 11:32:40 am »
Billy,

You DO need that confirmatory test, but with your testing history so far, I expect you to be able to confirm your negative status.

And FORGET about symptoms. They're meaningless in relationship to hiv infection. ONLY the conclusive three month test will tell you your status.

Please re-read the replies you have already had and let them sink in.

And please stock up on condoms and lube and use them every time, no exceptions.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline billydon

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 11:53:29 am »
thank you Ann and Andy
I ll ask you questions in the future, but I expect the responses will be

YOU MUST WAIT UNTIL THE 13 WEEK TEST results are back

Thank you for your attention

Billy

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 12:15:07 pm »
OK, thanks for that clarification.

For future reference, whether you are the insertive partner or the receiver, both are high risk for transmission when unprotected. You can have all the anal sex you like in either position. Just do it the safer way and whoever is pitching should always be wearing a latex condom. No exceptions. 

Good luck with your 13 week test. With your negative earlier result my expectation is that you will continue to test negative.

Andy Velez

Offline billydon

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 02:32:03 pm »
thanks for all your help and attention

i should stop thinking - but that s easier said than done

does your temp rise during early conversion? i feel fine but my temp is just a hair below 100 - more reason not to sleep for the next 5 weeks??

thanks

Offline billydon

Re: some questions about window period last so long
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 02:49:04 pm »
i am in your situation - fear - and i agree, some of the answers are re assuring - and I thank ann  and andy for their attention and point of view - i am impressed that they know what they are taling about

i was tested at 45 days (six weeks + 3 days)  and it came back NEG on day 53 - but from day 48 until day 54 I felt very bad - today on day 55 I feel VERY good, except i took my temp and it is slightly elevated - i have 5 weeks until the 13 week is here - i ll probably get a test at week 11 - when i received my NEG - the counciler on the phone guarenteed me that I was NEG - he was very confident in the test (he worked for the Pittburgh Pub Health dept) and reassured me that my bad feelings were something else (flu) and my sense of guilt and fear
good luck

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: some questions about window period last so long
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 03:39:17 pm »
You need to know that neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. And there is absolutely nothing about what you are calling symptoms which is HIV specific in any way.

Only an HIV test can give you the answer you want and as I said previously, I expect you to continue to test negative.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 05:22:59 pm »
Billy,

I removed the post you made in someone else's thread and placed it here, in your own thread, which is the ONLY place you should post in this forum. Thank you for your cooperation.

I also fully expect you to continue testing negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline billydon

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 05:54:55 pm »
im sorry - i thought i was allowed to give support - I won t post anywhere but here

thanks for your support

Offline billydon

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 10:49:51 am »
I am counting down the days until I can test in the 13 week window.

Betweenn now and then, does anyone know if THRUSH will disapate (get less severe) or even go away like those other symptoms of HIV which go away on their own after 2 weeks to 2 months depending -

and

what SELf test is available at drug stores in the US that is relieable?

thanks for your attention

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 11:04:51 am »
billy,

Have you actually been diagnosed with thrush by a doctor? Because if you haven't, chances are very good you DON'T HAVE thrush. Oral thrush is pretty painful, so if you're just seeing white stuff, without pain, it probably isn't thrush. Even if you DO have thrush, it doesn't mean you have hiv. Symptoms are meaningless when it comes to hiv infection. See your doctor about any suspected thrush.

The only do-it-yourself testing kit that is reliable and FDA approved is Home Access. You have to send your sample in to a lab and then telephone for your results.

As we keep telling you, your eight week negative result is VERY unlikely to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline billydon

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 11:10:28 am »
thank you ann for your quick response
i went for a routine physical a week before my 6 week + 2 test but didn t inform the DR that i had a risky event. the blood work he asked for was diabetic and chlestrol/ triglycerides only  - NOTHING sexual in tests or our discussion. he did look in my mouth (without a light) and said i was healthy  (A1C test was very good and greatly improved.) at the time of the physical I felt OK - it wasn t till 10 days later that I felt so awlful

again thanks,

Offline NewYorkKat

• Hangin' On Staying Strong
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 01:18:59 pm »
Billy:

A person who inserts his penis in your anus and doesn't cum doesn't mean that he can still infect you! HIV is present in pre-cum and every guy who cums MUST pre-cum first!

Hopefully you come out neg and the next time have him wear a condom or have no anal sex at all!

Offline billydon

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 04:05:12 pm »
Thanks NY KAT - hoping for a NEG and counting down the days to week 13

Regards

Offline billydon

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 09:08:05 pm »
How long will this thread be available? anyone know?
thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 09:22:11 pm »
It's not going away. All you have to do is scroll down until you find it and add whatever you want to. If it's not on this first page you just go to the next until you find it.

You can also click on your own name and get to your previous postings that way too.
Andy Velez

Offline billydon

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 09:38:32 am »
thanks Andy - one last question - i know the magic number is week 13 -   i was tested at week 6 and was NEG - how reliable would a test @ 11 weeks be?

how important are weeks 12/13 in anti body appearances?
thanks

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 10:12:38 am »
While the vast majority will have seroconverted by 11 weeks I would suggest you simply wait out the additional 2 weeks so you dont have ANY doubts to the validity of your test.

Your 6 week negative is a GREAT indicator and I dont expect that to change.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline billydon

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 02:08:10 pm »
Thanks everyone for your support/ answers and reassurances

I may look here but I m going to try to forget things I can t change and wait for/ i wll post again when i m tested next with the results (weeks away)
thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 10:44:13 am »
Billy,

All you have to do to find you thread is click on the "show own posts" link that appears in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your username.

Let us know when you get that negative result - because that is exactly what you'll get.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline billydon

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 04:00:44 pm »
Hi again everyone - another question:

will the symptoms of Pneumocystis Pneumonia go away on their own?> i had all the symptoms 2 weeks ago and now I don t - but I ve not been treated with anything

actually i m feeling pretty good

thanks for your attention and responses in advance

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 04:14:19 pm »
Hi again everyone - another question:

will the symptoms of Pneumocystis Pneumonia go away on their own?> i had all the symptoms 2 weeks ago and now I don t - but I ve not been treated with anything

actually i m feeling pretty good

thanks for your attention and responses in advance
Did you actually get diagnosed or even confirmed to have pneumonia in the first place?  Don't diagnose yourself.  And to answer your question, no, you don't just magically get cured of PCP without treatment. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 04:15:55 pm by Coffeechick88 »
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline billydon

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 08:24:21 am »
Thank you coffee

NO i was not diagnosed, I m just insecure - 2 weeks ago I had most (all) of the symptoms - weeks before an MD told me I had a viral walking pnem which he had seen a lot of and told me not to worry, I didn t inform him of my risky behavior)  soon after my DR s visit and clean bill of health, I had awlful symptoms

but in 6 days, they were almost gone, i feel very good, but very seldom i get a dry cough and a slight discomfort which feels more muscular than lung - more like a pulled a pec muscle while lifting weights than a breathing problem - but the slight twing has been hanging around for several days

thanks for your advise

Offline billydon

Re: unprotected sex (anal) help anyone?
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 12:41:14 pm »
i had a similiar event on JAN 1/ tested NEG at week 6/ but had some symptoms from 2/18 till  2 /24 - i still have a few Feelings that make me wonder/   will get a test on WED (3/14) - I understand your feelings of dread
Good luck

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 01:00:40 pm »
Billy,

I removed yet another post you made in someone else's thread. I though I'd already made myself clear that you are not in any position to be giving advice or whatever to others here. Please stop doing this - if you don't, I'll give you a time out.

If you have further comments or questions, post here in your own thread only. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline billydon

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 10:47:34 am »
I m ashamed/ sorry

Question:   do symptoms appear all close together or does one follow the other over a matter of weeks?

I m getting a  10 week test this week

thanks and sorry Ann

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 10:54:29 am »
They all happen at once. You are beyond the time period if you are going to have ARS.

Offline billydon

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 11:13:19 am »
thank you for the reassurance Ron

I ve had slight night sweats and only below the belt/ not profuse
and today i noticed a rash on my forehead/ over my eyes

nothing to worry about??

thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 12:45:58 pm »
Nothing to worry about.

Offline billydon

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 05:10:52 pm »
Today I had an  11  week test (oral swab for 2 mins on my gums)  I must wait a week for results/ @ six weeks I had the same test and it was NEG - the man who administered this test promised and guarenteed I was negative regardless of my symptoms/  by next week I ll know if he knows what he s talking about.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 06:33:35 pm »
You're going to get another negative result for your collection.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline billydon

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 02:52:53 pm »
Thank you Andy - you are re assuring
I have confidence in your judgement/ but how are you so sure?

(don t think i m being dis respectfully or flip- i apoligize in advance if i come off that way and I don t intend to be.)

thanks for your attention

( do i need/ should I get a blood HIV test?) - I have one scheduled for next week.

Offline billydon

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2007, 04:54:43 pm »
HELP   HELP   HELP

Last week i had an  ORASURE test/ today i got a  +    from the health dept/ i was offered an immediate ORA QUICK which after the required 20 mins in the health dept s office came up ONE LINE - NEG!  (Not 2 lines which would be +)  the health care person then took blood and told me the definate result will be known Monday -
her expert opinion is that I am neg/ that the 20 min ora quick is more reliable

So which is right? an ora sure false + or an ora quick false neg??? can anyone enlighten me?

i lll have trouble sleeping until Monday afternoon
thanks

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2007, 05:30:55 pm »
Billy, dont PM us please.

I refrained from answering this question because there are others who will know more about it. 

If im NOT mistaken Orasure tests can sometimes come up with a false positive result but never a false negative result.  Im not 100% sure and this is why I didnt post on this one, I have a life outside this board and did not have the time to do the research associated to make sure you got the right answer when I know Andy, Ann or Rod will be here shortly to give you the low down.

So there, feel better?  No more PM's OK?
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2007, 07:47:37 pm »
billy,

My money is on a false positive. Why? Because you tested negative at six weeks and again today on the oraquick. I'm fully expecting Monday to bring another negative result.

I understand your anxiety, but hang in there. You're 99.9% negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline billydon

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2007, 08:36:01 pm »
Thanks Ann
     Blood drawn today and results expected Monday

God is toying with me

i ll try to sleep  - thanks again

Offline billydon

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2007, 06:30:56 am »
AC in KC - I called the ora company s 800 number, the nice woman told me that the ora sure was 99% accurate/ the ora quick was 99.8% accurate

so, on Feb 15% I was NEG (99%) and March 22 I was + (99%) and on March 29th I m NEG again (99.8%)  -

God is messing with me / i ll wait until Tuesday to get results of blood draw

Thanks all

Offline billydon

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2007, 06:35:01 am »
what are the chances of giving a woman HIV from regular intercourse - one event/ 19 days after I would have been infected , i had no reason to think i was + at the time(if I am infected),
regular sex - unprotected

thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2007, 05:17:22 pm »
billy,

Why are you having unprotected intercourse with anyone? You need to be using condoms until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have BOTH tested negative together. You clearly aren't in a securely monogamous relationship and I doubt whether you have tested together with this woman. For all you know, SHE could have been positive before you even met her.

You need to test three months after your LAST UNPROTECTED INTERCOURSE, no matter who it was with or whether it was anal or vaginal.

You really need to get with the condom program, mate.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline billydon

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2007, 07:23:21 am »
Does any one know? what is the difference between a night sweat and a menopalal hot flash?  can you have a night sweat when you are awake? or only do they take place when sleeping?

Im pretty sure that ORA company markets 2 different products.

I was tested on Feb 15 with the ORA SURE test/ in my mouth, between my gums and cheek for 3 mins - this was done by an outreach program by the health dept - this went to the lab and my result was NEG when I called on Feb 23rd - this was @ 6 weeks post event

I went to another health dept outreach test and had another - 3 min in mouth/ ora sure test which went to the lab - one week later  iwas told the FIRST test was + and the results of the second test were not available. I was invited to come to the health dept and have an IMMEDIATE test done that day. (Last Thursday)

I then had the ORA QUICK test performed - rub the applicator around my gums and put into a vile for 20 mins - 20 mins later it showed NEG - the Health Dept nurse DID take a blood sample which should be known Monday/

on Friday i called the ora sure company who told me the lab test is 99% while the quick is 99.8% accurate.

im thinking, do I just go with the 12 week neg and try to forget the 11 week + and avoid the results of the blood test? (no news is good news?) thinking a 6 and 12 week neg are more valid than an 11 week +
do I buy another quick test and see what I am on during the 13th week?

if you want clarification  email me @  billyvih@hotmail.com

thanks

Offline billydon

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2007, 07:40:36 am »
         CLARIFICATION:

By first test I don t mean the FEB - 6 week test, rather I mean that the lab did 2 tests on the 11 week sample/ the lab reported the first test + and a western blot test was still pending from the sample of march 22 - that s when I had the ORA Quick test which was immediately NEG

I went to another health dept outreach test and had another - 3 min in mouth/ ora sure test which went to the lab - one week later  iwas told the FIRST test was + and the results of the second test were not available. I was invited to come to the health dept and have an IMMEDIATE test done that day. (Last Thursday)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.