Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:09:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 451
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 418
Total: 419

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: need reassurance  (Read 4724 times)

Offline blackmamba

need reassurance
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:27:58 pm »
last april of 09 i contracted gonnoreah with my girlfriend thats 1st week of aprl 09...so i went for medication....1st week of may i have unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex with the same person...i got re-infected....MY QUESTION ARE

1.My risk is from april not from may bcoz ther is no risk in oral sex for hiv but not for std is this correct?

2.I tested more than 3 months and it came out negative..Its that conclusive?

3.Can i be sure that im hiv negative?

i broke up with my girl after my unprotected oral protected vaginal last may...

ANYONE....ANDY OR ANN PLEASE HELP

Offline RapidRod

Re: need reassurance
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 08:30:28 pm »
You were never at risk of contracting HIV but yes you were at risk of contracting other STDs. Your 3 month negative test was conclusive.

Offline blackmamba

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:40:02 pm »
Thanks Rapid Rod.....Coz My friend told me that if i have std i have hiv also is this correct?

and can i be sure that im hiv negative? thanks...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:55:58 pm »
Your friend was wrong. You have reliably tested negative for HIV at 3 months.

Now what you need to do is to stop having unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse so that you don't put yourself at risk again for sexual transmission of HIV. You need to use a condom everytime. No exceptions no matter what you thnk you know about the other person.

Anyone who is sexually active ought to regularly be having a full STD panel. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV as you have learned. Having an active case of other STDs does put you at greater risk for getting HIV if you are having unprotected intercourse.

You made it through this time as far as HIV is concerned. Stop putting yourself at risk. Use condoms.
Andy Velez

Offline blackmamba

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:35:29 am »
andy can i put this behind and move forward???that i dont need to worry about hiv bcoz i tested more than 3 months and im conclusively negative???/coz sometimes im still thinking that what if my std delayed my antibody and the medication i took...pls need you reassurance here thanks andy and ann thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 10:40:57 am »
Neither the other STD nor the medication you took for it would have delayed reliable HIV testing results.

You're HIV negative. Period. You can move on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline blackmamba

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 11:44:48 am »
ann or andy

few question to move on!!!my test is valid for my status only?

can i be sure that im hiv negative after testing more than 3 months?

is there a risk on oral sex?

oraquick swab test is reliable for testing after 3 months?
 also have the blood test by the way

thanks for your time

Offline blackmamba

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 11:46:45 am »
one more thing can u get hiv without getting any std?? thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 12:19:56 pm »
BM,

Yes, the hiv test you took will only tell you YOUR hiv status. You are conclusively hiv negative.

Getting a blowjob is absolutely NO RISK for hiv infection.

Once again, you have tested conclusively hiv negative. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV and it's time you moved on with your life.

Yes, you can get hiv without getting other STIs and you can also get other STIs without getting hiv. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

And remember, while you will NOT become infected with hiv through getting a blowjob, it is possible to become infected with some of the other, more easily transmitted STIs in this way, as you found out. This does NOT change the fact that getting a blowjob is NO RISK where hiv is concerned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline blackmamba

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:31 pm »
to be honest my fear still taking over bcoz everytime i saw or read something about hiv and i saw on the net about hiv i phobia or i dont know....everytime i saw that matter on media ads i thinks its a sign to get tested again even i tested more than 3 months...any idea guyz will help me thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 12:03:31 am »
Seek professional mental help for your phobias.

Offline blackmamba

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 02:41:05 am »
i just want to know where's my risk so i know!!!!!

1st week of april unprotected vaginal and oral contracted sti

1st week of may protected vaginal unprotected oral gor re-infected

so where's my possible risk for hiv? so i can move on promise last question...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 03:26:45 am »
BM,

You had a small risk for hiv in April. You had NO RISK for hiv in May. But whatever your risk, you have tested conclusively negative for hiv; YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline blackmamba

guyz just a follow up
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 12:01:00 pm »
can i really trust my test after contracting sti if thers a risk for getting a bj its only 4months and 15 days but if thers is no risk for getting a bj its 5 months and 15 days........do i need to test again

coz everytime i saw the word hiv or read something about hiv i feel that i need to get tested again and my fear taking over me what do you think can i leave this behind and move forward ....need help guyz ann or andy one last time thanks...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 12:07:19 pm »
I've merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

Fortunately, feelings are not facts. And the fact is that you weren't at risk for HIV as you were told repeatedly. And yes, you can trust your test result. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Ann has already warned you about a potential Time Out. You're done with this issue and if you start coming back again with further worries you are definitely going to get 28 days off of the site.

Be glad you don't have an HIV problem and get on with life.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.