Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:45:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 584
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 589
Total: 589

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The scariest, tripiest, most horrifying Atripla dream EVER!!  (Read 6098 times)

Offline Ac75088

So I'm having a dream last night about being at work dealing with bitchy people..no big deal...I do that at work all the time so it wasn't such a bizarre dream..I wake up to my alarm and I turn it off...I get outta bed, tired as usual, and wobble to the bathroom to start my shower..as soon as I enter the bathroom the door slams shut on it's own and I am plunged into total darkness..This demonic voice fills the air around me and Im trying to open the door freaking out..I finally get the door open and run toward my room and my room door slams shut in my face and I'm knocked on the floor and dragged down the hallway by an unseen force, paranormal activity style..I am then picked up and knocked across the room so hard that I black out..and wake up to my alarm once again..horrified..I actually dreamt that I had already woken up from a previous dream but was still asleep..And it seemed so real that I awoke out of breath and sweating...I've never had one like that before, and I actually remembered the entire thing all day long, thinking about it..other dreams were fun..not this one.

Offline kellybryana

Re: The scariest, tripiest, most horrifying Atripla dream EVER!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 02:33:01 am »
I'm not on Atripla, but I had a dream a couple weeks after diagnosis where I was contacted by a demon that was inside my body...I was disturbed for a week!

Offline Ac75088

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 02:42:05 am »
Wow.....That is creepy...All I know is it felt so unbelievably real..I don't want my dreams attacking me anymore...Nightmares are one thing, but something like this..ummm no..hehe

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 02:56:38 am »
Wow! That is a bit scary. Almost like a dream within a dream.

May be you need a "positive Inception" to penetrate your REM state ?  ;)
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline james3000

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 06:52:58 am »
I am not on Atripla but was on sustiva and had 'Night Terrors'
My ID Doctor sent me to a sleep Clinic for tests and the Dr there said I had very sever Sleep Apnea second worst case he has ever seen.
I wear a breathing mask at night and had a dream within a dream woke up and the mask had attached itself  to my face and I could not pull it off. Woke up for real and pulled the mask off and screamed was surprised the neighbours didn't call the police lol.
These dreams truly are disturbing and not something that goes away fast.

Offline elf

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 09:25:30 pm »
 ???
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:31:40 pm by elf »

Offline elf

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 09:30:58 pm »

I don't believe in Devil and that stuff, but I had strange dreams of something trying to get inside of me...very strange sleep paralysis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis ) 12 moths before getting infected.

Infection having come... dreams are gone...

I'm taking Melatonin and the dreams are vivid, but mostly pleasant. :)
They are a bit lucid-ish (I am making a comment while asleep: This dream is so good, I don't wanna wake up :) ).

Offline Ac75088

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 10:20:27 pm »
Well I hadn't had any other episodes since that night (knock on wood)...I had that winning the lottery dream last night though...Woke up to reality this morning and wanted to cry in the car going to work

Offline DanMo

• Finally undetectable! ;D
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 03:52:06 pm »
Hey AC!

I've been having night terrors/sleep paralysis ever since I was in high school. They are the most vivid and scariest types of dreams. Sounds like this is what people mean by "vivid, intense dreams" on Atripla. I actually had a night terror/sleep paralysis episode about a week before starting Atripla (and since starting, I really haven't had any memorable dreams).

The one I had the week before was that I was about to get raped by this really huge strong "hulk" type of guy. I was lying defenseless on the ground and I couldn't move or plead for help. He grabbed my neck and started to choke me (which is what usually happens when I have night terrors/sleep paralysis) and I felt the familiar helplessness. At this point, I usually just wake up with a jolt from my bed, but this time I impressed myself because I actually managed to scream (other times I only manage a feeble groan), but what ended up happening was that I screamed loudly when I jolted awake causing my sister, who was in the bathroom to come rushing over to see what was wrong (it was 6h00 and she was getting ready for work). One thing that always seems to happen, and which is spooky, is that right when I wake up I'm like hallucinating because I can still see my attacker, but then they fade away.

And then I went back to sleep. LOL. When I started having them, it was hard to get back to sleep just because of the sheer uncertainty of whether I'd have another dream, but I remind myself, it's just a dream and if you worry to much about them, you'll probably make yourself have another one. My night terrors have become less significant since high school just because I stopped worrying about them.
“I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling.” —Frida Kahlo

11 Feb 2011 - Preliminary positive
07 Mar 11 - Inconclusive WB
14 Mar 11 - Diagnosed positive
05 Apr 11 - 355 (21%) / VL: 186,054
27 Apr 11 - 390 (20%) / VL: 285,095
06 Jun 11 - 298 (19%) / VL:  78,380
01 Aug 11 - > STARTED ATRIPLA <
30 Aug 11 - 699 (31%) / VL: 1,938
03 Nov 11 -                / VL: 645
27 Dec 11 - 559 (35%) / VL: 1,189
11 Jan 12 -                 / VL: <20
09 Apr 12 - 686 (40%) / VL: UD
11 Jul 12 - 793 (37%) / VL: 25

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.