Main Forums > Living With HIV

No Energy

<< < (3/7) > >>

Joe K:

--- Quote from: Zohar on April 26, 2013, 05:17:46 pm ---''Boosted darunavir monotherapy works well in two studies''

http://www.aidsmap.com/Boosted-darunavir-monotherapy-works-well-in-two-studies/page/1435288/

My viral load has remained suppressed for more than 18 months on darunavir/norvir monotherapy and, germane to this thread, within a few days I felt  a lot less wiped out than when I was on combination therapy.

--- End quote ---

Zohar,

You still don't understand.  You are not on a monotherapy if you are takiing duraunavir + norvir, as that is two drugs.  You are still on a combo, just not on a triple or more therapy.

Joe

Zohar:

--- Quote from: killfoile on April 26, 2013, 06:32:20 pm ---Zohar,

You still don't understand.  You are not on a monotherapy if you are takiing duraunavir + norvir, as that is two drugs.  You are still on a combo, just not on a triple or more therapy.

Joe

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry, but you are misinformed.  As the headline and  the article show (cited again below), darunavir and norvir  prescribed together are known as 'monotherapy' because, in spite of being a two drug regimen, the norvir at the dose its used here, is given specifically as a darunavir booster, rather than for its antirviral activity.

''Boosted darunavir monotherapy works well in two studies'

http://www.aidsmap.com/Boosted-darunavir-monotherapy-works-well-in-two-studies/page/1435288/

Zohar:

--- Quote from: Matts on April 26, 2013, 05:37:58 pm ---Prezista Monotherapy- thats interesting, please keep us updated :)

--- End quote ---

Hi, As I said above I've been on it for over 18 months now and have consistently remained undetectable. Truvada just didn't agree with me and not only would I  feel shattered but friends would comment on how worn out I looked. Literally, within around 48 hours of dropping Truvada I felt so much better -like a constant hangover had lifted. The fatigue I experience now tends to be episodic, whereas before it was ever-present.  So boosted darunavir monotherapy definitely seems to be the most suitable option for me.

Miss Philicia:
12 hours ago you sure were singing from a different hymnal.

Zohar:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on April 26, 2013, 07:33:10 pm ---12 hours ago you sure were singing from a different hymnal.

--- End quote ---

To clarify, when I was on combination therapy my energy levels were far, far lower than when I switched to monotherapy. I do still get tired now, but it's less constant and more manageable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version