Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:28:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 206
Total: 207

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies' Thread 46: Faith is carrying an umbrella  (Read 49132 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: Ladies' Thread 46: Faith is carrying an umbrella
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2008, 10:33:01 pm »
Now that I think about it I guess I had 3 naps. I went to the county hospital pharmacy to get refills and since you have to wait forever I brought a comforter and a couple of pillows. I covered the back window of my car and one of the windows in the back seat and laid down in the back of the car for an hour while I waited.

OMG, lmao, Win, you are a HOOT!  You always make me laugh!  YAY on the kids movin' on out (don't hold your breath, tho.....)   ;D

Betty~  I can feel your sadness.  You are a big poster in this thread, you're always here lifting others up when they need you.  Its OK to FEEL emotions once in awhile.  I'm so sorry you're missing your parents.  Your mother was always there for you, and because she gave you strength, you are passing it forward in a sense.  You're here for US.  She's smiling at you tonight.  Maybe she's saying, "Look at my girl, she could be using or drinking and she's beating herself up over a few cigarettes."

Ya done good, BT, pat yourself on the back.  Big hugs to you tonight.  {{{{{ BT }}}}}

Queen, how's the shoulder?  We want the latest soap update on Sexy when ya have it.   :P

Netta~I have a vision of you up on the altar messin' around with the boss!  Hee-hee!  Sounds like you had a blast from what you posted, just keep your pants on, GF!  Hee!!   ;)

Drag~You and I could have races, or maybe be on the same team and have a three-legged race.  I have been having it rough over here myself.  Lots of warm blankies for you, feel better!

Not many posts tonight, I wonder if its because they are fixing that corrupted file?  Well, I called insurance yesterday, 3x today, as well as the lab, trying to figure out if a not-so-popular but much better lab could do my blood draw.  You know I got six different answers.  I kept telling my insurance that this location HAD to be approved because a certain other similar location was approved.  Wouldn't you know it?  I was right!  :D  The lab is only a year old and insurance didn't have them updated on their website.  Yeah, call me Sherlock Cindy, cause I'll figure the shit out, esp if I have a gut feeling about it, lol. 

So, I fast tomorrow morning and go get my labs, incl Lyme disease, syphilis and Hep C.  I REALLY think I may be having NECK trouble which is leading to my unbalanced feelings.  I felt my blood pressure suddenly take a nose-dive while sitting at my desk today.  I got very hot, cheeks felt flushed, and I had that "full" feeling in my ears, like I was gonna pass out or something, although I have never done that before.  I leaned back and supported my neck on the back of my chair for a moment.  A co-worker stopped and said I looked as white as a ghost.  When DON'T I lol?   :D  I had been bent over checkbooks, reconciling statements for hours and I think my neck stiffened up, then got too tight and then the BP dropped.

I'll be sure to tell my doc about it when I see him.  I really don't want to go off of Sustiva if its my neck that is screwing with me.  I came home after a long slow drive tonight and put heat on my neck.  A little later I put my head in traction with a chin strap device that hooks over your door.  You add weight by putting water in a bag.  I did 8lbs for 12 minutes and it felt like pure heaven to not have to support my lolly-gagging head.  I am going to try and do this every night. 

Iceman had me walk around his neighborhood and down the main drag yesterday for 1.25 miles, a 30-minute walk.  I held his hand the entire way so I wouldn't fall over.  We did good.  My sugars have been averaging around 205 for weeks now, but I keep loading up carbs so I don't have something else in the mix on the drive home from work each day.  I need to let go of this fear of low blood sugar and get in better control.  We'll see what the labs read.

OK, I've been rambling.  Time to go sleep cause ears are ringing and Sustiva is kickin' in.  Good night to all of my GFs.  :)  Where is Mum?

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:35:24 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2008, 11:29:33 pm »
Evening all,

Netta, I would love to see that play.  Sorry about not commenting on it earlier; I was kinda in a funk. 

Drag, why are your muscles so cramped up?  Do you get that often?

Wendy, you are a funny gal (putting the pillows in the backseat).  I can't say I blame you.  So, you've been bleeding for a week?  Is it heavy?  Is that normal for you to bleed so long?  And hey, good on the kids moving.  That'll free up some of your space.

Andrea, thanks for the kind words.  How's school?

Cin, you are quite the detective.  I'll have to remember that next time I want to know something about somebody. ;)  I really hope the doctors can figure out what exactly is causing your neck problem.  It's so frustrating! Have you discussed with your doctor the possiblity of it being Sustiva?  Kinda doesn't sound like it since you seem to have centralized pain in your neck when the episodes happen.  Of course, I'm not a doctor.  I just wish they would find out what it is so it can be treated.

Once again, you ladies help more than you know.  I thank you for your kind words.  I know I'm going to have days that are worse than others.  When my 1st husband died when I was in treatment, it took a couple years to get back to an emotionally even keel.   Drugs aren't an option.  If I started using again, this time I'd never come back.  And that's one of the main things that keeps me clean.  Actually the withdrawals are the #1 reason.  'Cause when one's a using addict, withdrawals are a given (running out).

The evening seemed to go by better.  I had to call my landlord over because of plumbing issues.  He looked around, called the plumber and got the answering service.  He said he'd call them again first thing in the morning then call me and let me know what time they'll be over.  Tree roots.  I just hope things don't back up into my shower (which has happened before) before they get here.  Other than that, I'm going to check out a few threads and call it a night.  Have a good one ladies.

I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

tendai

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2008, 06:52:24 am »
Hie ladies

Betty - i hope u feeling better, hang in there. Better a couple of cigs than readdiction to drugs. Did the plumbers come and fix the pipes?

Queen - hows the shoulder now?  Sexy should've taken the opportunity to come over and fuss over you :)

Drag - u need to go to a spa or something, get a full-body massage and the steam baths and everything.Or maybe Mr Drag can do that for you ;).  i hope u're not oveworking or anything.  Good luck with the fertility tests. How cool would it be if u got pregnant on your wedding night :) 

Cindy - sorry u're still having problems with your balance, must be awful. i hope they find out whats wrong and fix it.  Hey congrats on meeting Ice's kids, glad it went well.

Wendy- looks like u had fun at the game. bet u're thrilled to be having your place to yourself soon. i sometimes end up feeling invaded when i have guests im not crazy about

Netta - glad u had fun with the play. will u be doing anthing like it again?

Viv - hows those kids of yours?

Tatenda - ndeipi yako? hope this week is better than last week..

Brandy - im hoping the phase your daughters in will be over soon.

Well, work is fine these days, dr evil's calmed down a bit so no major dramas on that front lately. i guess if he sees the money rolling in he's a happy man.

That guy (the leg-humper) this weekend, on Friday he just shows up at my place uninvited and unwanted and my older sister was there for the night. i was so furious. of course i couldnt show it coz i had to behave in front of my sister. i was pissed off coz i felt taken for granted that he felt he could just get up and come to my place without an invitation.  I told him as i walked him to his car that i didnt like suprise visits and he says but i sent u a message that i was coming. Liar! i never got any message. i told him the only message i got from him was when he was asking if i was still in town. apparently he thought that that message therefore meant that he could come to my house since i couldnt reply him having no airtime in my phone.  I just felt it was disrespectful and he was being too.. familiar? (Tatenda i told him Usandijairira).

I know it was rude of me seeing as he's been doing all this stuff for me even though i never asked him.  I mean it wont make me fall in love with him or anything and i dont want to take advantage of his generosity.  he's just not what i want exactly in a boyfriend.  and i know i shdnt be so choosy since generous guys arent exactly numerous here. Gosh he even showed up at work and my colleagues were laughing at me.  I was supposed to see him on sunday but i had a real excuse.  I had no airtime to call him and he wouldnt dare just show up after what i said on friday. He's been quiet since then , not phoning or texting as he used to do. Oh well.

Anyway ladies, u all have a great day!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2008, 08:21:27 am »
Good Morning Ladies!

Tendai- You should not feel bad about anything. Just because he wants to do thing for you doesn't mean you owe him anything. I am with you about the showing up. I can't stand it when people do that. You have every right to be choosy. Don't settle.

Drag- I hope thing settle down soon. Good luck with the fertility stuff!

Queen-What did the doctor say about your shoulder?

Betty-That's the least I could do... :)

Cindy-I hope you get this balance thing figured out. It has been going on for way too long. How are things with Ice's girls?

Netta- You are crazy!  :) How are things?

Wendy- Well that's nice that you have an exit date. I wonder why you are so tired? I get bouts of tiredness too. Must be the HIV

If there is anyone else I forgot I am sorry. School is good. It does get a little discouraging sometimes. There are MANY bad habits that a lot of these kids have learned. This is the time of year when they have to be "trained". There are many very bright kids but they do the bare minimum...such is the struggle of a teacher. There really isn't anything exciting going on which is good and bad, LOL! Oh, I did have a request from a student that I do something fun over the weekend so that I could tell the class about what I did. He is a little strange....

That's all for now!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 10:55:35 am »
How old are these kids again Viv?

Cindy the mental picture I got of your head in traction was funny. I hope you figure out what the deal is soon.

Betty I'm glad you are feeling more like yourself.

I could be tired because the HIV. Could be a combination of the bleeding and HIV. Dont know.

I used to have a period for 3 days 2 of which would be heavy bleeding. This has been 5 days of spotting. Just enough to smell bad and make you feel uncomfortable along with bad cramping. and 3 days of heavy bleeding now.
I am on birth control so I shouldnt be bleeding at by now. I have hormone problems so that is the culprit. The cramping is what is bothering me the most I think. I hate the dirty messy feeling too but its not as bothersome as the cramps. I expect it will go away in the next couple of days.

Offline mahalia

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2008, 11:27:34 am »
Hey beaus, haven't even read a single post here. just want to give u an update, haven't been here for a while, network failures, lots of work...ma boss delivered a baby boy last week and is only coming back in Dec!

Ok, great news; i got a job offer today. now its not much of a package but i love the work, m starting as a trainee(asset consultancy) but m so..o over the moon, plus it involves traveling so hey!and finally i get o  leave this dumpster!!!!yippie! now the tricky part is when i shud go, they said i can start anytime but remember m alone in the office and i also manage another division alone!tips anyone?

Ma young brother moved out beginning of the month and now there's only mummy dearest and I alone! Now i spend the weekend with am boyfy, went of Friday and went home on Sunday, guess what?! Friday nite i got so sick i could not even walk, twas terrible and scary too coz I'd lied and said m spending the nite wit a friend!

Ladies, please i need to get ma bod back and m struggling!whoever said losing weight is a struggle i dare you to try gaining  weight!!!M so frustrated, anyone tips...?

Y'all have a great day/nite, will talk to u 2mrw, gotta go home.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2008, 12:30:19 pm »
Been there done that Mahalia. I gained weight by over eating. I was at least 20 lbs under weight now I am at least 20 lbs over weight.

I was depressed and stuffing my face as a result. The last couple of years of my late husband's life he couldn't get a hard on anymore. So he lost intrest in sex and stopped having sex with me and was not being affectionate with me at all either. Thats a jerky thing to do in my opinion. I could have lived without the sex as long as there was some kind of loving affection. He wouldn't even hold me at night.

So I turned to food. I wish I'd realised what I was doing before I got up to a little more than 180 lbs. Taking it off has been a bitch. I still haven't taken all the weight off and he has been dead since 2001.

When I was underweight I had some troubles with my legs giving out and I had chest pains from the muscles in my chest constricting and shrinking.

I wouldn't suggest over eating but you can eat more frequently and eat foods with more fat in them.
Try to eat a little something every 3 to 4 hours. It doesn't have to be a full meal.  Snack sized portions are ok or add a couple of protein drinks to what you already eat per day. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2008, 01:33:24 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Tendai, don't feel obligated.  And just 'cause there aren't a lot of generous men there (where are they at anyway-none here either) doesn't mean you have to settle for just anyone.  I also don't like it when people just drop in.  I think that's extremely rude.  You just keep settin' those boundaries girl.

Andrea, maybe you should do something exciting and tell the kids about it.  Do you think that might help with their behavioral difficulties?  Gotta hand it to ya-I couldn't do that.

Wendy, why don't you go to a GYN and have hormone testing done?  Maybe you could get some treatment so you don't have to suffer when you have your period.  That sucks.

Mahalia, when I went through the wasting, it took me a couple years to put adequate weight back on.  I drank nutritional drinks (Boost, not Ensure, no way), ate things that had lots of protein, and high-calorie things.  Of course, I had to gradually add the high-caloric foods into my diet because of the chances of having diarrhea.  Have you talked to your doctor about it?

My landlord called me this morning at 8:10 and told me the plumbers would be here at 9:00.  So I jumped in the shower (which thankfully didn't back up) and got done right when they got here.  It took the guy an hour and a half to do whatever it is he did.  Root out the tree roots I suppose.  Then I went to the store, came home and ate lunch.  Oh yeah, when the plumber was here I did the rest of my homework.  I did a few questions in the microecon book, but not all of them.  A lot of them still have me totally confused.  Tonight's that class, so the teacher will go over the answers, I'm sure.  Tonight is also our first exam.  Ugh.  Keep fingers and toes crossed ladies.  Have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2008, 01:41:07 pm »
The GYN says I am premenopausal and gave me birthcontrol to try and regulate my hormones.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2008, 11:13:49 pm »
Hey Ladies---

I got the xray done of my shoulder yesterday and picked up the film today. I am not due to see him til the 29th but I think the lady said they were going to send him a report. I plan on calling him tomorrow anyways because the pills are not working as much, it just dulls the pain, not take it away like it did at first. The pain also moving down my arm now too. The only reason I am online now is because I took a pill a few hours ago and smoked a joint which my doc told me not to do but it seems to help. He was droning on about them both being downers. I simply told him that weed has never made me feel down.

I went to the Women's support group today. Nice little group of 8, all of us with a story to tell of course and a few had some things in common with me....like the issue of disclosure. Being that we had that discussion here already and some disapproved of my choice, there was one lady in my group who agreed with me. Because I really thought my view of it was distorted after reading some of the posts here. Anyhoo, the group was nice and I plan on going to the next one. I am also considering doing some public speaking or would that be advocating? But I am really going to do some soul searching before I make a decision. I want to be sure I am ready for this.

After group, I was feeling a bit tired so I took a nap and slept til 6:30. When I woke up I felt like crap so I checked my sugar, it was 77!!!! But the only food I had eaten was at the group meeting so I drank some tea and fixed something to eat. I checked it again at 9 and it was 159. I ate a little more, steak and corn then took my shot at 10. I gave myself 29 units, I just hope I won't drop too low again since it was only 159 and hour before I took the shot. I have my first dietary class tomorrow night.

Betty, I agree when someone said you shouldn't be hard on yourself. I'd rather you pick up a cig than any drugs, you have come too far.((((hugs))))))

Tendai---I agree with Betty, don't settle. It took me a long time to realize that was what I was doing with the guys in my past relationships. And anyone I date I tell them up front not to come to my house without calling, not because someone else might be here but because sometimes I just don't want to be bothered. Hell, even my friends know that. I am that way because I never show up at anyone's house without notice, unless they don't have a phone.

As for Sexy, well we have been playing phone tag on the phone. And when we do talk, it usually about football. Most of our conversations has been through messages. It is what it is and am not really concerned about it one way or the other.

Well, I am going to check out a few more threads and do some more with this computer. I am sure to be up for awhile since I had a long nap. Manana chicas.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2008, 08:37:31 am »
How old are these kids again Viv?

I teach 5th grade so they are 10 and 11 years old. It's really a great age.  :)

Offline vivyt

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2008, 08:38:47 am »
Ok, I tried to reply with a quote and it put my reply with the quote! How do I get the reply outside of the quote?

Offline mahalia

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2008, 09:59:28 am »
Hi ladies,

WIN- Hahaha, u take weed?!thats reminds me of ma boyfriend, he Rastafarian...but the smell just knocks me out, n gives these thumping headaches!hope u get better hey. and m wit Tendai on Sexy, he should be using this some of ur pain to give sum bit of rubs maybe....lol, yeah u take time with urself before taking up public speaking, u just gotta be ready...
Tricky thing for me is i have always avoided food with more fat, i'll try

BETTY- haven't talked to ma doctor bout it yet, i should be making a call to ma dietician one of these days. Whats wrong with Ensure, was planning on getting some?Good luck wit ur exams, we know u'll do well.

TENDAI- that man should be asking to come over!!!how do u just rock up at one's house!

NETTA- u were playing what?!hahaha, sounds like u enjoyed it!

TATENDA- loved the post, definitely forwarding it to ma friends

M feeling so crappy, m hungry, didnt have a proper lunch, kinda broke at the moment! I just havent been physically great for the past few days, a little dizziness, feeling of lightheadness and that little episode at ma boyfriends. m a little worried...ma medical aid is a little messed up at the moment, so...

To all the new ladies, welcome

Didnt manage to read all the posts...but lots of love to y'all

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2008, 12:05:45 pm »
Hey ladies,

Queen, I hope nothing serious is wrong with your shoulder.  I would have no guess at what it is; maybe a pinched nerve?  I'm not sure what docs do for pinched nerves either, has your doctor told you what might be done?  I hope all it requires is something simple.  Glad you liked the women's group.  About the advocating, I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you.  And you know how I feel about disclosure; I don't think one has to as long as it's safe.  So, I'm with you on that.

Mahalia, the reason I don't like Ensure is because of the taste.  Boost is a lot better.  When I was using Boost, my ASO (Aids Service Organization) used to carry it and provided it for me.  Of course, I haven't tasted Ensure in years, so maybe it's improved.   I feel ya on being broke.  It's the end of the month and I have exactly $3 in my checking account and no cash on hand.  And it's another week until check day. 

Andrea, I'm not sure you can remove quotes. Ann or Jan would be the people to ask about that.  How are things going?

Wendy, if those pills aren't doing their job, tell the GYN so (s)he can try something else.  You don't have to suffer needlessly.

Well, today I've not done much.  I did quit the smokes again and exercised this morning.  Then I read for a little over an hour.  The book I'm reading is really interesting.  It's talking about the unfairness between classes of people in America.  It's written by a senator.  It said that the average CEO in the U.S. makes 400 times more than the average worker in the same company.  Bush has let this country get so far out-of-control financially, I just hope we can recover. 

I haven't even looked at the microecon exam.  I'll worry about that tomorrow or Friday.  Tonight is my gov't class.  Nothing else planned.  Have a good one all.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2008, 12:10:49 pm »
Morning Ladies---

I slept in til 11. My shoulder is still hurting but not as bad but the pain is still moving down my arm. I called my doctor today but had just missed him. So, I spoke to the nurse and told her about last night with the crash and was hoping they would've gotten the report about my xray. But she said she hadn't but she would call the hospital and have them fax it. I am suppose to go to the dietary class tonight but not sure if I feel up to it.

Betty, my doctor does think it is a pinched nerve, I guess he wanted the xray done to make sure. I have the xrays and looked at them but I can't tell anything. He did mention that I may have to go through physical therapy. Ugh, I am feeling old, everytime I move my arm in a circular motion is pops. I hear it and feel it.

I have to take my sister to the store, I'll check back in later. Have a good one ladies...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2008, 12:31:14 pm »
Sweet Queen, I feel ya on the getting old.  Every time I get up it takes longer and longer.  What to do....

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2008, 05:40:32 pm »
The nurse called me back after talking to my doctor. Now I have to get a MRI done of my neck and shoulder. The xray says I have some type of degeneration going on in my neck but doc thinks it may be the onset of arthritis. And I'm thinking to myself, freaking great. Told him about last nights crash so now he wants me to stay on 30 units til I see him on the 3rd. He is also going to prescribe me some stronger darvocets but is allowing me to take the ones I have twice a day. Started doing that already about a few days ago.

I need to get up and fix something to eat but I feel drained. Sexy even called but I didn't answer the phone. I just don't feel like being bothered today. I might call him back then I might not.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2008, 09:15:11 pm »
Queen- Sorry to hear about your shoulder pain.  I hope you can find out more when you have the MRI.  I hate when people show up unexpected too, not that it does me any good, there are always people knocking at our door.

Betty- Glad you got back on track with the cigs.  I have to agree with you and everyone else, they are much better than the hard stuff.  I still think you have been doing an amazing job.

Mahalia- I hope you are feeling better.  Sorry to hear about the fainting spell.

Win- You are so funny, putting your comforter in the back of your car.  I wish I could do that, there is not enough room with all the car seats.

Viv- I don't know how you do it really?  I chaperoned my sons  4th grade class for the last 2 days and I wanted to drop kick a few of the girls.  I am so tired, I think I could sleep for a week.  Most of the kids were cute and sweet but the attitude on some of the others was crazy.

Ten- How are things going over there?  I read in the paper that Mug conceded, that is good news right?

Drag- Nice to see you.  I hope you are feeling better and having fun getting ready for the big day.  Does anybody watch that show Bridezillas, those women are a trip, most of them have lost their damn minds if you ask me, treating everyone like complete shit.

Keeping- How are you and your kiddos doing?

Mum- How is school going?  Have you forgiven your hubby yet?

I am busted, mentally, physically.  I am getting a cold.  3 of my 4 were sick last week.  I was playing football with my oldest last week and got kicked in the chin, cut my lip, my jaw was killing me for days! LOL.  I am dreading shitbag getting out in the next couple of weeks.  His wife got her restraining order permanent for the rest of her life, lucky duck.  I talked to my lawyer and they told me to go try to get one too.  It has been going on 15 years I have been dealing with this drama and I am sick of it.  I am just a mess!  I am exhausted but haven't been getting much sleep.  I just have to keep saying to myself things will get better...eventually :-\  Thanks for letting me vent. ;D

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2008, 10:56:22 pm »
Queen, I'm sorry you're going through so much.  You have more MRI's, bummer.  I hope you feel better soon.

Snow, did a doctor look at your jaw?  Is it broken?  That sounds awful.   I'm sorry SB's getting out in a couple days.  You really should look into getting a restraining order.  He sounds like a dangerous kind.

That's basically all I wanted to say.  I have nothing spectacular to report.  Just gov't class tonight, that's all.

tendai

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2008, 03:39:41 am »
Snow - ouch! must hurt like a mutha. and i agree with Betty - u definitely need to to get a restraining order, for your family's safety and some peace of mind. hope the pain goes away soon.  Mugabe did concede a bit but they're at another deadlock as to the cabinet ministers.  mugabe wants to control the major ministries like defence, information, finance, foreign affairs and the MDC want those too.  They will give Mugabe too much power and control if he has them so they have to go back to South Africa's Mbeki for more negotiations.  U heard Mbeki was forced to resign? We had hoped that they would choose another mediator but no such luck, SADC wants him to continue. Hopefully he can do something.

Betty -  good luck with the cigs. We've also a huge divide between the rich and the poor thats growing wider by the minute. theres people driving around in Hummers for craps sake and other people eating the leaves off trees coz they cant get food. its just crazy around here these days. either u're really dirt poor or u're flithy rich, even if u cant get your money out of the bank.. >:(

Queen - i hope they can do something with your shoulder.  my boss usually injects this medicine called depo medrol into the shoulder (impingement he calls it) or maybe its a different thing from what you're having. 

Mahalia - get well hey. go and get checked out at the clinic or something.  u never know it could be something that needs urgent attention..

i miss my little nephew even though i saw him a couple weeks ago.his mother got officially married then and my uncle was teasing my nephew that he's now legal and no longer a street kid.  im going to invite them to my place for the weekend. u should have seen him running to get his lunch from the kitchen, didnt think he could run so fast, so serious and intent with his head tilted forward. bet he wouldve given Usein Bolt a run for his money :D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:48:43 am by tendai »

Offline mahalia

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2008, 06:48:52 am »
Tendai-  hahaha, ur nephew musty be a bowl of fun!!!kids are just awesome, aren't they?! yeah, i hope to do the doc one of these days...

Snow-  things will definetly get beta

Queen- get better hey...

Betty- i'll try Boost but i like Ensure maybe its the improved one...well i hope i have been paid, need to check ma account. wow, a week!, thats long, hang in there.

gotta go for lunch, will pop in later

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2008, 12:22:24 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Tendai, I have to say that, at least where I live they have "food banks," where you go somewhere, show an ID and a current piece of mail (so they can match the ID to where you live) and they give out some cans of food.  But, I do know there are places that don't have these, or people who can't access them 'cause they have no address, and they eat out of dumpsters.  The place I used to volunteer at also feeds anyone who needs a meal 3 meals a day, 365 days a year.  Of course, it's not the same in every city.   So, you can't get your money out of the bank?  It kind of sounded like that.  I can't imagine that.  Hang tough, girl.  I'm glad you're spending time with some of your family.

Mahalia, I'm glad you like the Ensure.  If it's working, stick with it (just a saying coming to mind, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it").  I must have missed something.  You have something physically wrong with you that you need to see a doctor for?  If you do, you need to go.  We can't neglect our health. 

I'm waiting for my therapist to get here.  He should be here in about 20 minutes.  After he leaves,  I'm going to work on my microecon exam.  Hopefully I'll at least get a "C." 

I wonder where mum and Wish (and anyone else who isn't posting) have been.  Hope everyone's o.k.  Take care all.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2008, 01:22:54 pm »
Not much going on with me either. Shoulder is still hurting but what else is new? I haven't heard from Wish lately either. I'll have to hit her up on MySpace. I hope she is alright. I got kind of bored for a sec and moved some furniture around in my entertainment room. Nothing major just the computer and this stand with my stuffed animals on it.

Sexy called me this morning and left a message. So I called him at lunch and was amazed he answered the phone on the second ring. I think it is sounding like he wants to get together later, we shall see. I guess that is about it for me, I'll check back later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2008, 07:50:51 pm »
Hi GFs~

I have been doing traction all week and my neck muscles are sore cause they aren't used to a workout and have no strength at all.  I have been having episodes of exhaustion while driving and even while sitting at my desk, like last Monday, where I feel like my BP is low.  This chicken neck can't support my bowling ball head.  I'll try to post a pic of me in traction over the weekend, it looks like my head is in a bra, lol.

I am in a lot of pain, and I am scared.  It is exhausting to get through the day.  I have a 4-day weekend, but may call in tomorrow and make it 5.

QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have "mild to moderate disc degeneration in my c6 and c7," as diagnosed in May 2007.  I somehow think "moderate" has blown to "full-tilt-your-neck-don't-work-no-more" mode.  BEWARE and get treatment.  You don't want to end up like me.  It SUCKS.

Iceman is wonderful and so are his girls.  My father has offered to help me buy gas so I can get to work.  I refused and then called today to say "ok" in case I get in a bind.  Well, I'm in a bind, I can't afford copays or anything.

Win, are you on HIV meds?  I was on the pill for 19 years and when I went on Sustiva I started spotting.  Went off it a year ago and I am back to normal, just a little crampy.  The liver can't handle the HIV meds and renders the (birth control) pill useless.  Food for thought.......

Love you all, have to go watch Survivor.  "Dan from Boston" went to school with a girl from my office, lol!  :D

Muah!  ~Cindy
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:42:43 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2008, 08:08:06 pm »
Well, Cindy....I hope you can hold your head up straight when my Cowboys kick your Redskins ass.... ;D I have to get an MRI done for my neck, I think C-5 is giving me all the grief. My doc is thinking I will need some therapy for it. Just thought I would comment, I'm out to watch Smallville.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2008, 08:26:17 pm »
Cin, was what I read correct-are you off Sustiva and all HIV meds?  I really hope you feel better.  My mum had disc degeneration in her whole neck. 

Queen, I wonder if you had a little neck support when you laid down if that would help?  I dunno.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2008, 10:15:28 pm »
BT, I stopped birth control pills.  I have been on ARV meds since '95.  Sustiva since 2002.  :)

Not really concerned about football right now, Queen, its been a scary, rough week......

Offline vivyt

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2008, 11:04:34 pm »
Tomorrow is Friday!!!  :) :)

Cindy- Wow, you have had a tough week! I know how it is when it comes to asking for help. I hate asking my dad. My mom tells me all the time to not let my pride get in the way. I think dads like helping, it makes them feel useful. I hope you feel better.

Betty- How have you been feeling? If you don't mind I'm going to ask a question. You don't have to answer...How long have you been seeing your therapist? I've been seeing mine for about 3 yrs. I think and the last 3 times I have not wanted to go. She says it is usually because there is something bothering me and I don't want to deal with it, that is how I usually deal with things, stuff it down, anyways, what I am asking is have you ever felt that way? Moving on...did you ever find any help with your class?

Queen- Is the pain still bad? Maybe Sexy can take your mind of it   ;D

Snow- I know how you feel. I truly love being around the kids and care for them, but there are some I have to avoid. A veteran teacher told me that if there is a kid that rubs you the wrong way and you notice yourself always nagging at him/her, try to sit them out of your eyeline so you don't notice every little thing. This particular group has been tough. There seems to not be a real concern for consequences. Some of them are just really defiant. I still love it though!  :D

Hi to all you other fabulous ladies (Tendai, Mahalia, Wendy, and anyone else I forgot)

Have a good night and sleep tight!

Andrea

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2008, 06:45:05 am »
Dad and I were talking about my brother's family of 5 not having any money and I said I didn't, either, but I was making things work, getting through a rough patch.  He just offered to help and I refused and refused and then said what the hell, that's $250 extra a month.  I think I'll just try 1x a month to help between paychecks.  I can put that money towards the chiropractor, I'm sure!  :)

Offline mahalia

« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2008, 07:09:03 am »
Betty- yeah i just have not been feeling too good of late, esp pafter that episode at ma boyfriends, so...yah i do need to see the doctor, m just working on sorting ma medical aid. all the best wit ur exam, microec is not so bad...

Queen- Sexy reli likes u huh?!!!

Moon- thats a lot of help, i know how sometyms we try at modesty even when we are in need, m glad u took up the offer.

Well, m happy its a Friday, i wish it could be a longer weekend though. this coming tues n wedns will be independence holidays, just don't understand why we have to come to work on  Monday!it don't make sense!!!!

Ma wonderful boss got himself a new ride( the second one in l;less than year!) and he's like "yeah just work and i'll buy more" and of course he aint joking. on top of the car he is planning on going for a holiday with his wife...well i burst his bubble!gave him ma resignation letter, bot aint happy i tell u, he gave it back to me and says maybe we can discuss more(discuss ma Indian toe!!) I've been complaining bout pay for i don't know when but every time he'll tell u how there is no need for that, ma boss is on leave and m handling the office alone, there is not even an acting allowance! no thank you, m not staying!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2008, 10:28:51 am »
Morning ladies,

Cin, oh, thanks for clearing my head up on that.  I thought you meant you stopped Sustiva last year.  I really wish things could improve for you.  Didn't Mahalia mention something her doctor used for people who are having problems with disc degeneration?  You need to bring this up with your doctor and ask what (if anything) can be done to help this condition.  Really, you shouldn't have to suffer.  And about taking your dad up on his offer, you shouldn't feel bad or let pride keep you from asking people for help.  I know how that is, and for some reason, for me, asking people for financial help is especially difficult.  I think my reasoning on that is, when I was strung out, my mum used to help me out occasionally and I caught a lot of shame about that.  So now, it's hard for me to ask anyone because of being ashamed.  But, if someone sincerely offers, then we shouldn't feel bad about letting them help us.

Andrea, I've been seeing the same therapist since 1991.  There are times when something is bothering me that I put dealing with it off.  But for me, usually it's because changing it is going to involve some effort on my part, and I hate that (emotional effort).   And everyone hates change.   If you've been doing this for years, just talking about it is change.  Change is always uncomfortable, for awhile.  Yet I always find that once I just do it, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.   Good luck with those kids.  If I had a whole room of kids, no matter what the age, I would be a heavy smoker, for sure. :)

Mahalia, I complain so much about micrecon because math and/or business is not my major.  My major is psychology.  And to have a class like microeonomics required for a psych degree makes no sense.  Even the teachers say that.  I hate math, anything involving graphs (which is heavy in microecon) etc. and I will never use this.  I can understand having a math class required (I took college algebra).  Every degree has math requirements.  But not a business math class.  Anyway, I'm glad you gave your boss that letter, even if he gave it back to you.  Let him grovel for awhile.   If he makes you a good offer are you going to stay?  Or are you still gonna take that other job?

I was supposed to meet my old algebra teacher at the library this morning.  I totally forgot about it, and didn't get up until 8:30.  So, I called her to tell her I wasn't going to make it, and we talked for awhile.  She is such a nice person.  Anyway, she told me where her office is at the university she's teaching at now, and told me to stop by if I ever needed help again; or to call her. 

All I have to do today is read a couple chapters, go out and get a few things, and pick a script up at my doctor's.  Of course, that's going to require me putting on make-up, 'cause I won't go out (unless it's down to the corner 7-11) without some kind of make-up.  I'm extremely pale and people ask me if I'm sick if I don't wear any.  Anyway, you ladies have a good day and I'll be back later.

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2008, 12:16:39 pm »
good Morning ladies
hope everyone is well
i have been having work done on my teeth ouch. . . had to have a couple removed then the bone broke and was coming Thur they had to cut into my gums and remove the piece of bone so now I have stitches BIG OUCH I go back in an hour to get a deep cleaning so they can make me a new plate, I really wish I had learned to take care of my teeth when I was younger and of course the drug use made them worse! but I keep telling my self I'll finally be able to smile nice and big when its all said and done :)

MATH oh my yeah I'm not doing so hot in that subject first test got a B not really sure how I pulled that off lol but this last test I totally bombed yuck I really need to crack down its math that's keeping me from  moving on if I don't get Thur it I'll never get my degree ???

any how I'm doing good all considered hope everyone is great
Love Brandy
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2008, 01:20:32 pm »
Brandy, my teeth fell apart a long time ago, due to booze/drug use, so don't feel alone.

As for the math, why don't you check into getting a tutor if it's giving you fits?  Just a thought.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2008, 02:09:57 pm »
Afternoon Ladies--

Really feeling like crap, I woke up about 6 am feeling really sick to my stomach. I was fighting back the urge to hurl and woke up sweating. I still feel sick to my stomach now, not sure what to do but I figure I would just ride it out.

No problem, Cindy. I know you been going through it. I was simply trying to take your mind off of it. You are the only female I know online who keeps up with football like I do. Not to worry, I will keep you informed... ;D

Mahalia-- Yeah, I think Sexy is feeling me a little bit more. I went over to see him yesterday afternoon and actually had a really deep conversation. I think he is warming up to me, he starting to tell me personal things about himself.

Hopefully I'll feel better and will check in later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2008, 09:10:49 am »
Morning ladies,

What's going on with everyone?  Wendy, how have you been? 

Queen, I hope you're feeling better.  I wonder if you have the flu.  I've been reading about people getting it. 

Not much going on right now.  I have to make some cornbread in awhile.  The NA speak-a-thon I'm going to tonight is having chili and cornbread and I volunteered to make some of the cornbread.  Other than that, I have studying to do.  I hope you ladies have a good day and that everyone stays safe this weekend.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2008, 09:25:31 am »
Today I am going to my friend's 40th bday party.  I have gained weight and have nothing to wear, so screw it, I am going to Kohl's.  I looked online and I REALLY need a new pair of shoes for work.  I can't wear these Redskin crocs forever, they let the rain in, lol.  I also need a new bra cause I have gained weight and the others don't fit right anymore.  I'll just put it on my damn credit card that I'll never pay down after using it during unemployment last year.

Ice is going to Pittsburgh Monday night for the Steelers Ravens game and then driving back home.  I was a little sad at first cause I have 4 days off work, and he won't be there until late late late Monday night.  Oh well, its not like I get good sleep anyway.  I just worry about him working all day and then driving both ways in one night to the damn game.

Wish I had that energy.  Off to shower and buy some clothes, lol.

~Cindy

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2008, 10:36:22 am »
good morning ladies
Im feeling much better thank goodness
not much going on today I have to work 4 hours over time today so it'll be a long day for me yuck anywho hope everyones doing great

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2008, 03:31:00 pm »
Not much going on with me today, though I do feel better. Had to listen to my best friend talk about her son disrespecting her. I went over, of course he was gone but I told her it is time to take her tit out his mouth. He is 20 years old and spoiled. He also seems to be picking up his gf's bad habits. It's just a hot mess.

I am off to get me something to eat, will check back in later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2008, 09:31:58 pm »
I got back from my friend's bday party a little while ago.  I saw four people from my graduating class that I hadn't seen in over 20 years, it was nice!  I also saw my best buddy from high school who was on the Pom Squad with me and lived across the street.  I last saw her about three years ago.

I was talking with some ladies in their 50's and 60's and most of us had one ailment or another that we chimed in about.  My ailment was my neck (if they only knew what I really dealt with....).  One woman was so kind and talked about seeing a healer.  I thought she meant accupuncture or something, but she meant a healer, as in the church.  She wasn't pushing religion on me, and I really enjoyed talking with her.  She had so much compassion and teared up when she found out my husband had died from cancer.  Again, if she only knew the REAL story.

My neck was bugging me tonight, I was unbalanced when I got up to get food and things, but I managed to have a good time.  I had to drive home in the dark and rain, which I haven't done in awhile, but I just poked along and took my time.  Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday night.  :)

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2008, 11:41:08 am »
Morning ladies,

Cin, when I was reading your last post about you seeing your friend who was on the pom squad with you, when I first glanced at that I thought it said "porn squad." :D  Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice time.  It's hard when we have to censor ourselves around certain people, isn't it.  I usually don't.  And I hate driving when it's dark and rainey.  Glad you made it home safely.

Queen, glad you're feeling better as well.  (and you too Brandy)

I didn't go to the speaker jam last night.  I laid down around 3:00, woke up at 6:30 and didn't feel like going anywhere.  So, I just stayed home, watched t.v. and messed around on the computer. 

I was thinking about looking for a part-time job again.  Now, having gone to the all-day workshop on being on disability and working a couple weeks ago, I have a better picture on how much I want to make to stay under the radar.  I know that if one makes $670/month for nine months (and that doesn't have to be nine months in order) that's when disability reviews the person.  And the income limitation after that is $940; this year, anyway.  I think it raises each year due to cost of living.  So, I would really only want to make about $400 or $450/month.  Not a whole lot I know, but that would be an extra $100/week.  That really makes a huge difference.  When I got on disability, I was labled as "never going to improve."  There are three labels social security gives someone, and that determines how often one can get reviewed; "going to improve," "might improve," "never going to improve."  Of course, that's not exactly the wording, but it is the interpretation.  I haven't been reviewed in about five years, so I don't know when the next one will be.  It makes me nervous though to think about.  Anyway.......

I really don't have anything other than homework planned today.  My brother is supposed to come over later to continue "The Wire" watching.  I think we're just beginning season 3.  I was going to go to my 1st husband's grave today, but changed my mind.  I hope you ladies have a good day.

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2008, 02:32:10 pm »
just droppin in to say hello ladies
I have lots of homework and i have to go into the office today Yuck
hope everyone is great
Love Brandy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2008, 10:06:33 pm »
I took tomorrow off work because we are closed on Tuesday, so I have a 4-day weekend.  I am at Ice's with Cheech.  My football team won, the Redskins, and now I am rooting for the Bears over the Eagles.  I also watched Extreme Home Makeover which took place in my hometown, pretty neat.  I am so tired and so happy I don't have to do a damn thing tomorrow.

Nighty night...

~Cindy

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2008, 10:17:38 pm »
Moon- I watched that show too, it always makes me cry.  I don't know how the hell she did it with all those kids, shoot 4 is bad enough!

Betty- I wish I could go back to work too, that whole things sounds so screwy though.  I don't know if I could do it physically, I get so tired if I am up and busy for any length of time and then there is always the bathroom issue to worry about, especially in the morning.

Queen- I hope you are feeling better!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2008, 12:05:20 am »
Hey Chicka's

I hope everyone is doing well. Nothing exciting going on with me. Went to church this morning and have slept most of the day. I am in a new accounting class and it is really scaring me. I suppose to graduate in May. How can I do a 3,000 word report on numbers  ??? I have never been the MATH person. I hope I at least get a C. It's better than a D. Me and DH was thinking about having another baby. I talked to my GYN and ASO and they said everything should be good. I have been undectable for over 6 months now. She said all I would have to do is change my meds before trying to conceive. I'm on Atripla now. I met some women at my ASO office. One has been poz since 96 but she also has stomach cancer. And the other one just found out when she was 5 months pregnant. Her baby is 3 months now. Well I was just checking in and I hope everyone is doing well. Please pray for me and this class

:-* til later.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2008, 01:49:09 am »
Not sure what is going on with me.Besides my team losing to Cindy's team by 2 fucking points, it seems like I have been in tears most of the day. The weird thing is I don't even know why, maybe hormones changing. A little bit of drama with the ex room mates but I was teary before their bullshit.

I was talking to my best friend's cousin who is going to school for computers. The course is like 6-9 months which I think is doable. Plus I need some extra income and I think this is the ticket without having to do something illegal. So, I am thinking I am going to go for it and call them tomorrow. I told Sexy about it and he has been totally supportive. It seems lately that him and I have been having some serious conversations about life, not being content, feeling like something is missing and all that.

I'll probably be up most of the night since I have slept most of Sunday.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline mahalia

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2008, 06:13:41 am »
hey ladies, i've been on the phone for an hour wit a friend of mine. just dont know why we had to come to work!oh, yippie, just got a memo to say we knocking off at 1pm. lovely, we coming back to work on Thursday.

Betty- yeah then i understand, it beats me why you have to do it, it dont make sense to me. u should be asking them to review that, or that they explain why you need it for your major.

Moon- sounds like you had fun. must be interesting seeing pple u went to skul wit after that long, cant wait for that time in ma life!seeing all th echanges in our lifes

Queen- Maybe there is a good man in Sexy

have a good day ladies...

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2008, 11:00:34 am »
Keeping,
That would be so exciting.  I am glad to hear that you met some people in your area.  Now if I could just meet some in mine ? :-\  Good luck with the accounting, 3000 words about numbers, good googly moogly, I couldn't do it.

Mahalia- Have fun on your mini vacation from work!

Queen- Are you getting your period?  I sometimes get like that around that time.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2008, 11:26:51 am »
I am vegging out at Iceman's, tried using the electric trimmers on Cheech.   :D  He was pretty good, I kept rewarding him with pieces of donuts as we got through the "cut."  He's been hot since his coat has grown back in, so I shaved his neck, chest and tummy.  He was scared but was a good doggie.

I applied to a job in my city today, I don't know how much longer I can go down the road to my current position.  Ice isn't going to the Steelers-Ravens game tonight.  His buddy called and said his daughter wanted to go, since the kids don't have school tomorrow.  It makes me feel better, knowing Ice won't be driving 225 miles back home after an 830pm game!

Queen, sorry you feel like crap, maybe its the weather changing.  I get weepy too, and feel overwhelmed once a month since I went off the pill.  I just figure its natural and that things will improve.  They ususally do.  :)  You'll be OK.  (((((Queen)))))

Going to catch up on TV shows......

~Cindy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2008, 01:11:11 pm »
Hi ladies.
I had to go to Houston last Thursday. Billy's step dad passed away. Due to the hurricane there where hardly any time slots available for funerals so it was done really quickly. He passed away on Wednesday and the funeral was Friday.
I'm back home now.
Got a letter from the health department in the mail saying that they had been notified that lab results indicate that I "may" have Salmonella and for me to call them to answer some questions.
I had missed an appointment with my clinic Friday so I tried calling them to set up another appointment. The lady I spoke with said she couldn't give me an appointment with the doctor without me having labs done first. I explained the situation and the letter from the health department and she said she would just transfer me to the clinic. What ever the hell that means. I stayed on hold for 10 minutes and hung up. I hate stupid people. I am just going to do a walk in sometime this week. Maybe tomorrow.

Any way, I feel basically the same. I'm not feeling too bad, I am functional and able to do my normal stuff. I am still spotting. Its been like 16 days now. Putting a real damper on my sex life. LOL

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2008, 03:49:55 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Just to let people know, my screen name has changed (no one's seeing things).

Cin, I hope you get that job you want.  And I'm glad you're getting a few days off.

Snow, do you have a lot of diarrhea in the morning?  Is that what you were talking about?

Keeping, I would have no idea how to do a 3000 word report on numbers.  I would have to talk to someone who had taken the class or talk to the teacher to try to get some ideas.  Good luck with that, really. 

Queen, sorry you're feeling blue.  I'm like that a lot.  I can see an advertisement on t.v. like about abused animals and I'll start balling.  I'm just real touchy like that.  I do hope you feel better.  And the class about computers sounds good!  Let us know what you find out.

Mahalia, enjoy your free time, I know you don't get enough of it.

Wendy, give my condolences to Billy.  I would get in touch with the doctor about that spotting.  I wouldn't let that slide.  And salmonella?!  Ugh. 

I changed my screenname for security reasons.  There are some real strangoes that come on these boards.  Not any of you guys, just some other people. 

Well, Thursday night I'm going to Obama's campaign headquarters here to volunteer.  I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing; going to find out when I get there.  I really, really hope Obama wins and if there's anything I can do to accomplish this, I'll do it. 

I also went to my ASO to get some food.  Me and my care coordinator talked for about an hour about different stuff.....death, working vs. public assistance etc.   They had some pretty good stuff in their food pantry, which helps a lot.  I don't understand people who won't use food pantries but want to bitch about not having enough food (there are some people around here like that).  Oh well, not my problem.

Other than that, nothing else to repot.  Have a good day everyone.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.