Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:34:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 603
Total: 605

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: YouTube question..  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Texan38

YouTube question..
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:00:31 pm »
Ok, I have a silly question...I so not a computer whiz and I have been trying to add videos from YouTube and my laptop won't let me add anything on here, yet I see others have added videos from YouTube with no problems...how do I do that? How do I add videos from YouTube to this site? because my computer doesn't let me.  :(
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: YouTube question..
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 09:36:26 pm »
Not a silly question Mark,

When you find a youtube video you want to add, click on the "Insert hyperlink" button and fill in from the address bar.  Youtube is case sensitive and if it isn't exact, it will not display the video you have selected.  I double check after hitting the "post" button   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Texan38

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:56:08 pm »
I didn't see an "Insert hyperlink" so does that mean I can't insert the link?...every pun intended!  :D
Wow...what a great moment to say that I have not done this before, and acutally mean it!
ok...let me try this again.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Texan38

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 10:43:53 pm »
Well, I tried...I pushed buttons and saved to lots of documents...it still doesn't let me post the video here.
So, ok, there's another thread here that posts a YouTube video and has the lyrics...it's a beautiful song.
I wanted to share a song which I would hear on the radio, bring tears to my eyes, but only because I imagined my story to the song....and I wanted to share my story to that song....BUT I'M STILL TRYING!

???   >:(
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 11:32:46 pm »
Just go up the URL bar in your web browser, highlight the address, the copy and paste the link.  It's no different than using a word processor in that respect.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline md

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:41:35 pm »
OK - let's do this one step at a time ...

First, get the YouTube video that you want to link to open in one of the windows of your web browser.

On the right hand side you will see a box labeled "URL" that will have something like this in it
Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHCrOtSzIBg
Select the text in the box and copy it.

When you are posting your message, look for the icon - it is the third one from the left in the second row of icons above the text window where you are entering your message. That is the "insert hyperlink" icon.

Click on it.

It will add some text to the message that looks like
[url][/url] with the cursor positoned between the two tags.

Paste the contents of the "URL" box from the YouTube video into your message at the current cursor position.

Your message should now look like this:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHCrOtSzIBg[/url]
Move the cursor to after the closing ] character and carry on typing the rest of your message.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:48:35 pm »
md, don't over complicate things for Texan -- there's not need for all that fussy coding for a youtube clip on aidsmeds -- just cut/paste the URL link for the clip.  Peter must have put a script in or something so no need for a hyperlink as it's done automatically.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.