Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:03:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773204
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 522
Total: 524

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cats are so nosey...  (Read 4617 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
Cats are so nosey...
« on: July 09, 2013, 08:30:59 am »
Here it is five am and I am about to have a cup of coffee. I see this shadow under my curtain over the sliding door. It is just moving along slowly, but keeps going. It was too big to be a pigeon or any other bird.
 So I go to get my husband up and tell him, he gets his gun and looks out our sliding door.
 It is a black cat with a white tip at the end of its tail.
 Do I calm down? No. Cats are always somewhere about in horror movies.
 So right now I am sitting here doing something I normally don't do... praying to God to keep my family and I safe.
 I am actually calming a little because my arms and legs are not as jumpy and I can breath normally now. 

Offline Florida69

Re: Cats are so nosey...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:18:15 am »
The only cat I ever had used to show up at my house everyone morning at 5am, I had him for almost 19 years....
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 02:29:14 pm »
The only cat I ever had used to show up at my house everyone morning at 5am, I had him for almost 19 years....

I would like a cat, but not until my dogs have been gone a while. I mean it is a pain in the hiney to find a good dog sitter. In fact for the first time in almost seven years we will have one of our dogs watched by a friend while we move into our new home.
I am super happy because our one dog is a yelping pain in the hiney. He constantly has anxiety and is always getting in the way whenever he sees my husband and I hugging or kissing.
Sometimes he is cute, but if I found a good home for him I would give him away.
I did have a cat that I kept until he passed, Spy. He used to spy around the corner at my brother or I so we named him Spy. He loved sleeping with me and was very protective of me, I loved that cat. We found him on our pack porch meowing at the back door for food. We adopted him.
One day Spy got into a fight with a possum and won, but his wounds became infected and even the vet could not help him.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:04:55 pm »

I once dated a girl who had a cat a long time before I came into the picture.  He couldn't stand me from day one.  After witnessing the cat attack her mother you would think I would have learned some kind of lesson to stay away. 

Nope, I moved in.  After several close calls, the cat cornered me in the laundry room one afternoon when I got home from work.  As I type this I am reminded of this event simply by looking down at the 3 inch scar running across my left wrist.   

I swear Fluffy pulled some flying ninja, judo maneuver and grabbed my left arm  with his claws firmly embedded in my wrist and started to do this bunny hop with his back legs against my forearm.

Since that day I refuse to make eye contact with cats.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 06:43:10 pm »

I once dated a girl who had a cat a long time before I came into the picture.  He couldn't stand me from day one.  After witnessing the cat attack her mother you would think I would have learned some kind of lesson to stay away. 

Nope, I moved in.  After several close calls, the cat cornered me in the laundry room one afternoon when I got home from work.  As I type this I am reminded of this event simply by looking down at the 3 inch scar running across my left wrist.   

I swear Fluffy pulled some flying ninja, judo maneuver and grabbed my left arm  with his claws firmly embedded in my wrist and started to do this bunny hop with his back legs against my forearm.

Since that day I refuse to make eye contact with cats.

Sorry, but I am laughing!!!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 10:01:10 pm »
Sorry, but I am laughing!!!

I don't do hamsters and parrots due to brutal attacks I went through in the past.  I'll walk through an alligator pit before I cross a hamster.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 10:17:33 pm »
I don't do hamsters and parrots due to brutal attacks I went through in the past.  I'll walk through an alligator pit before I cross a hamster.

The most serious hurt ever put on me was by hamster named Angel who I owned for about 16 hours . They are concentrated little evil balls of fur .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 11:30:31 pm »
The most serious hurt ever put on me was by hamster named Angel who I owned for about 16 hours . They are concentrated little evil balls of fur .

Funny thing was my friend had a bunch of them and they were great, so I thought it was cool when they had a bunch of babies and he offered me one.  Think of the pure terror I felt as a nine year old, alone in my room, and this thing attacked me after bolting out of his cage on the first night.  It lived for 3 years and my parents made me keep him or her.... never could tell what sex it was because I was too scared to look.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 11:38:38 pm »

Funny thing was my friend had a bunch of them and they were great, so I thought it was cool when they had a bunch of babies and he offered me one.  Think of the pure terror I felt as a nine year old, alone in my room, and this thing attacked me after bolting out of his cage on the first night.  It lived for 3 years and my parents made me keep him or her.... never could tell what sex it was because I was too scared to look.

Im surprised my mom didn't make me keep the one I had . I got her at night and gave her away the next day ... all this after begging for a hamster for weeks on end .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 12:51:00 am »

I don't go near birds. They scare me.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.