Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 10:28:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773166
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 225
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Forum in Europe  (Read 4348 times)

Offline SASA39

Forum in Europe
« on: May 22, 2010, 05:34:10 am »
Is there any forum , just like this , with lot of good-willing people , really willing to help , in Europe , mainly Eastern , where a HIV positive male person could contact a female positive person ?
A weblinks would do ....
Thankfull
SASA
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: Forum in Europe
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:46:51 am »
Maybe you should start one Al.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline SASA39

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:56:33 pm »
The problem is that there are no such serious forums in Serbia , and I think in EasternEurope too.
Although , there are many people with social , health and other problems in my doc`s  waiting room , and there was a few tryouts to began a quite decent forum , all of that was a shoot in a dark.....
Because people over here are not interested for some reasons  to maintain a forum.Are they lazy , non PC educated or , just wanna make fun of it I do not know.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:01:17 pm by SASA39 »
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 01:25:32 pm »
Are they lazy , non PC educated or , just wanna make fun of it I do not know.
aidsmeds isn't exactly a local forum either. ;) ;D

though I know of a few people from NC on here, I haven't run into anyone else yet announcing that they live in my neck of the woods in SC. (hello? ??? any Palmetto state pozzies out there?)

I've been trying to get my local ASO to "think" about having their own forum/bullentin board; but it's just been recently that I've gotten them to even understand how useful updating their website, facebook and myspace accounts can be. (those were all over a yr out-of-date when I moved here from OH last Sept 09)

Having worked in the internet/pc/IT biz for a while, it's quite hard to get small companies/organizations to understand the connectivity they could see with just a minimum amount of time put into maintaining various forms of online opportunities. Unless you have an ASO that you could "encourage" to maintain an online forum site (a separate forum, or facebook, or myspace) or are willing to take up the task yourself, more than likely, like the rest of us, you won't find anyplace online with "local" connections and "local" people to meet.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 01:48:57 pm »
It's hard to tell where many people on this board live because they won't state it in their profile.  Of course, this seems entirely silly to me when they're not using their real names but whatever.

ps: I can think of someone from SC
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline leese43

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 02:09:39 pm »
It's hard to tell where many people on this board live because they won't state it in their profile.  Of course, this seems entirely silly to me when they're not using their real names but whatever.

I've often wondered the same..
Oct 04 - Neg
Aug 05 - infected
Oct 05 - cd4 780, vl 60k
Apr 08 - cd4 430, vl 243
Jul 08 - cd4 550, vl 896
Nov 08 - cd4 730, vl 1.8k
May 09 - cd4 590, vl 1.5k
Sep 09 - cd4 460 vl 34k
Dec 09 - cd4 470 vl 42k
April 10 - cd4 430 vl 88.5k
July 10 - cd4 330 vl 118k
Aug 10 - started reyataz/truvada/norvir
Aug 10 - cd4 380 vl 4k (12 days after starting meds :))
Sep 10 - cd4 520 vl 1.5k
Oct 10 - cd4 590 vl 44
Jan 11 -cd4 610 vl <40 cd4% 50
May 11 - cd4 780 vl UD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 02:54:11 pm »
ps: I can think of someone from SC
dang! I was hoping you were onto something, since I've chatted with that member before. I was thinking perhaps I could find a way to help that member a bit more. Although SC is cutting all ADAP and HIV funding ::), so nearly all pozzies in SC are going to be in trouble soon.

But no such luck. :'( That member is from South Georgia, and that's a ways away from here in upper South Carolina. (Blackwingbear, living in upper Geogia, is a lot closer to me ;) )
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 03:19:02 pm »

But no such luck. :'( That member is from South Georgia, and that's a ways away from here in upper South Carolina. (Blackwingbear, living in upper Geogia, is a lot closer to me ;) )

Oh yeah, you're right. 

In the end none of this means much -- all of the poz people I know personally (except Joel/bear60) in this area and in NYC do not post on this forum.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 03:22:41 pm »
Otherwise SASA39, are there not any local HIV organizations in Belgrade where you can meet people with HIV, not necessarily from the convenience of you computer screen?

edit: actually as I look further at resources it seems that only 778 people were receiving medical care for HIV in Serbia, so perhaps it's simply an issue of not all that many people being infected there out of a total population of ~7 million (though assuredly there are infected people, even diagnosed, not yet on medical care).

For comparison I live in a city of 1.5 million yet we have 16,000 identified cases of HIV/AIDS.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:27:05 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline carousel

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 03:51:31 pm »
I'm a bit surprised at this, even that somebody has just not stolen some of the ideas from this site.

In the UK, there seems to be lots of factual information available, which is great.  But when you first get your diagnosis, seemed so very daunting.

A forum seems to be a welcoming way of people putting a toe in the water and making sense of everything, by talking to others in the same or similar situations.

We are also a continent of many different languages and cultures.  I wonder how you would bring those all together.

Offline SASA39

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 05:20:52 pm »
Otherwise SASA39, are there not any local HIV organizations in Belgrade where you can meet people with HIV, not necessarily from the convenience of you computer screen?

edit: actually as I look further at resources it seems that only 778 people were receiving medical care for HIV in Serbia, so perhaps it's simply an issue of not all that many people being infected there out of a total population of ~7 million (though assuredly there are infected people, even diagnosed, not yet on medical care).

For comparison I live in a city of 1.5 million yet we have 16,000 identified cases of HIV/AIDS.

Yes , Ms Phil...  ;)
About 800 in Serbia , mostly in Belgrade are receiving medical care , but I turned out every Serbian website and except one , all other do not have forums , or any other kind of advertising which could help in connection between males and females.
And the one that have forum and a chat but not for hetero`s is www.gay-serbia.com
Although very good with OK members , even there almost every post has been "stolen" for a fun , date or else.
And of course stigmatization is high so it could be a bit of problem , if someone sees me in some HIV/AIDS gathering , knowing that my occupation is remotely different from health issues , and that I`m a hetero , concerning  primarily my family and kids.
And I`m not alone in that bucket. So PC is staying as a safest way to be open , tell your story and not be marked as someone very inappropriate to socialize.
P.S. : Any new pictures from abroad ? Latest  were pretty good and I do have some interesting also.
And "hi " to a "leatherman" and a "carousel"
Al
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:44:46 pm by SASA39 »
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.