Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:08:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 616
Total: 616

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Need some reassurance  (Read 5151 times)

Offline ekaboka

Need some reassurance
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:01:50 pm »
Hello all, thanks in advance for answering my question. I am 99% sure that there was no risk in what I did, but would still like some reassurance.

Yesterday, I visited a local Asian massage parlor. Got a table shower, a massage and a handjob in the end (I think she used baby oil). I know the handjob is no risk. But during the handjob she spit into her hand and used the saliva on my scrotum. Not on the penis, I told her not to do that.

To the best of my knowledge, there should be no risk of transmission of HIV here. I don’t think I had any cuts/nicks on my balls. But please let me know your opinion.

The reason I ask is: this morning I have a small sore on my lower lip, looks more like a pimple, might not even be a sore...but my mind started racing with "what if's"...

I am also worried because I feel so guilty for having done this, I just couldn’t control myself. I just moved to the area with a new job and I don’t know anyone here. The loneliness just got to me, I succumbed, I hate myself right now, but what is done is done.

Anyway, sorry to vent here.

Is there any risk? What about other std’s?

Do I even need to test at 13 weeks?

Thanks again, John.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Need some reassurance
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 02:05:41 pm »
You were never at risk and saliva is not a risk of HIV transmission. You do not need to test.

Offline ekaboka

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 02:09:53 pm »
Thanks RapidRod...any thoughts on the lip sore?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 02:17:10 pm »
ek,

What on earth does your lower lip have to do with a handjob? Unless you're a contortionist, I fail to see the connection.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. The use of condoms prevents this.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Please also read our Welcome Thread and follow the link to our Transmission Lesson.

Correctly and consistently used condoms prevent hiv. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ekaboka

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 06:38:02 pm »
Thanks Ann... and sorry, I meant do you think the lip thing could be an STD? But anyway, as long as there is no HIV risk, I am relieved.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 08:00:25 pm »
ek,

Nobody can diagnose what's on your lip over the internet. If you're concerned about it, take it to a doctor.

Whatever is going on with you, you did not have a risk for hiv during the incident you bring to us.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ekaboka

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 08:53:53 pm »
Thanks again...

Offline ekaboka

New worry, did not want to start a new topic
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 07:37:04 am »
Sorry people, it's me again. I have read the lessons and searched the messages, but still wanted to clarify ... did not want to start a new thread

Last Sat, I did "frottage" with a woman ... sorry for the details ... basically she rubbed up and down my lubed penis with her butt-crack (as if she was ridng me, with her back towards me). Is that risky? I dont think I penetrated her, would have known if I did, right? I dont think there was any transer of body fluid, but what-if's crowd my mind ... please tell me your opinion.

Thanks again ...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 07:53:11 am »
eka,

Frottage is not a risk for hiv infection. And yes, you'd know if you penetrated her.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ekaboka

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 03:47:16 pm »
I am not trying be difficult, promise this is my last question:

Similarly, I would have known if I had penetrated her vaginally, too, right? I mean during the frottage, it might be hard to penetrate the anus but it might be easier to penetrate the vagina. What if some vaginal fluids got on my shaft or into the urethra?

Once again, sorry to keep asking questions, promise to let go this time...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 05:33:38 pm »
You're wandering around to no good purpose in the arena of "what ifs."

Just going from personal experience I would say that you would definitely know the difference between frottage and actually penetrating a vagina. Yes, they are significantly different in a purely sensory way.

You are worrying yourself needlessly.
Andy Velez

Offline ekaboka

Re: Need some reassurance--follow up
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 08:16:01 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have a dilemma, and hope one of you experts can help. I will be going home for Thanksgiving later this month. I was planning to ask my fiancee to marry me (I will see her after a while). Do you think it is safe to do that now? Or should I wait 13 weeks, then test and tell her after making sure I get a negative decision?

Thanks, ekaboka.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 08:21:23 pm »
Why do you need to test? Have you had unprotected anal or vaginal sex lately? And don't start with the frottage stuff again. We've told you that frottage is not a risk in terms of HIV.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 08:35:07 pm »
BUT, if you are going to continue to hang on to this unwarranted fear and indulge in all sorts of drama about it, then go ahead, get tested and collect the inevitable negative result. A waste of time, energy and resources, but it's up to you. You already know what we think and that you weren't at risk.

Sometimes that doesn't seem enough and people just have to get tested. It's your move...
Andy Velez

Offline ekaboka

Re: Thanks
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 08:53:05 pm »
Thanks Matty and Andy,

I hear you both ... I never doubted you guys ... sorry, I know I should let go.

Thanks again!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.