Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:56:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 230
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: songs and cover art locked down. cd's burning now! no pics till the amg tho  (Read 64218 times)

Offline livingpositively

Re: REOPENING SUGGESTIONS FOR MUSIC CD! TILL FRIDAY!!!!
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2006, 09:28:37 pm »
Hey Bailey,

I would like to submit "Live to Tell" by who else...Madonna.

She is doing a really cool "tribute" if you will to the AIDS pandemic while singing this song during this tour.  It was awesome.  Made me cry at the damn concert. 

And we all do "...have a tale to tell"

If it's not too late. 

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2006, 09:35:45 pm »
basquo, please suggest a new song... just by listening to it, i don't think soundwise it will 'fit' on the cd... and i really would like to include 3 new songs and sadly, eliminate a bonus track i've added.

But this isn't about me, however, I will be more picky about these songs to make sure they fit in the theme (i've already messaged a few people about their suggestions that didn't seem to 'fit')

So basically it's open season, but i can only pick two, possibly three, new songs... and that will be left to my personal determination of what to include... ooh, that sounds bitchy or something, but i'll pick the songs that best reflect the emotion of the event in my personal opinion..  This is not first come first served like before.

I hope you all understand that.

and where the fark were you all before??? hrmmmm?????

I will give all songs equal consideration (and if my facts are wrong about attendance, may have to retract a slot or two)

shane, not too late, just want it clear i can't guarantee any suggestions and will pick what fits on the cd physically, with the other songs, and more importantly, emotionally.... something that has reasonable meaning to most hiv poz people.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 09:38:24 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2006, 11:34:13 pm »
Dingo,

the more I think about it, the sillier I think my choice is (We Are Family)....but then I'm kinda silly, so I guess it doesn't matter.   I wish I had nominated something uplifting, like Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up".....

oh well, I'm sure the CD will be fabulous, because YOU are doing it!

hugs,

Alan (ok I'll admit it, I really do LOVE disco music)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2006, 01:12:42 am »
Hey Bailey........Is disinclined a word?  Just kiddin :-*
I think you did a fabulous job on the CD ::)
I'd take my hat OFF to you....if I wore one ::)

WE LOVE DINGO...REALLY WE DO
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Basquo

« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2006, 09:03:45 am »
No sweat! It's not like I'm a huge fan of hers anyways. It might even offend some folks since it's from a Mel Gibson movie!

Offline Basquo

« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2006, 09:16:14 pm »
Dingo, I'll offer one more suggestion, and believe me that as a newcomer I don't expect any special consideration.  This song is upbeat, makes me smile, and makes my ass shake.  And I do need more love every day, though I'm sure I'll get a decade's worth in Montreal! As a former DJ, I leave it to your discretion. Don't Bug the DJ!!!!

Robert Randolph and the Family Band  "I Need More Love Every Day"

Best,
Creighton
(Basquo)

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2006, 09:18:24 pm »
makes my ass shake

Creighton...ask that permit..you'll return from Montreal richer.  ;D

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2006, 10:36:13 pm »
madonna 'live to tell' gets a nod
elton john 'candle in the wind' gets a nod (princess di version i think)

basquo... erm.. that song made my brain hurt.... any other suggestions (keep in mind the type of songs that are already on the cd) 

again, no guarantees... i have to do a burn test and see what will actually fit after all is said and done and that will likely be the deciding factor of what physically fits on the cd and is appropriate in my elitist opinion.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2006, 10:56:38 pm »
IMPORTANT:

I really need someone local to bring a 'boombox' cd player to the amg.

I'd like present the cd as background music prior to the lecture by tim horn (if he's not opposed to it)

I'd need some type of boombox with cd capability to present soft background music for the 30 minutes before the presentation starts.

I'm still not sure when to distribute the cd's but i think likely it will be at the seminar event for most.  I'll have copies on me at most times for locals who are popping in to events prior to that but may not be able to attend.

I'd love to have them in the 'gift/welcome' bags that people are getting, but sadly, i won't be there soon enough for that.

I will have a book to submit your addresses to.  This is completely voluntary but is required if you want to receive the dvd of the event after it's finished.  of course, you  could always message me with your details, but i will have a book for addresses there for those who are comfortable with giving some of those private details out.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2006, 11:02:36 pm »
Dingoboi,

I'd need some type of boombox with cd capability to present soft background music for the 30 minutes before the presentation starts.

Unfortunately I don't have a '' boombox ''. However if we get one we can also play it while having dinner at the '' Meet & Greet '' ( soft ) and louder when the dinner is over with.  ;)

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2006, 12:02:07 am »
for the meet&greet I'd be hoping that they have separate sound systems where they could just play that to us opn the 3rd floor. 

it's only 80 min long max.... good for the chatty party of the meet/greet.

I still would love a boombox from someone who can attend... puppy chewed my power cord so it doesn't work anymore, otherwise i'd just  bring my own.

nevertheless, it will work out no matter what... canuck.. could you check to see if they can play a cd on the top floor there for just us?   

Their sound system should allow that as most places have different music for differnt floors.

at least i'm hoping.

the cd would be a great intro for the meet/greet.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2006, 12:11:53 am »
Dingoboi,

On the 3rd floor there's a space for a DJ so they must have a basic system. They told us in April we can hire a DJ if we want to, but not familiar with that and don't know if normally DJ's must bring some kind of equipments with them. We were there for a short period and didn't notice speakers but it's possible there were some.

They have a small dance floor as well on the third floor..so after we ate and when removing some tables we'll have plenty of space for dancing if we want too.

I'll probably go on the 16th with RAB for a few details and show him the room, then perhaps you can come with us and we'll see exactly what they have. When I give them the number of attendees on the 11th, I'll ask them if they have a sound system on the 3rd floor and if we can play CD's with their own facilities.

The Canuck

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2006, 12:26:03 am »
Dingoboi,

I forgot and perhaps Sae will be able to confirm this. I think they told us we can bring our own equipment, which possibly meant a hired DJ would have to bring something with him as well. I'll still ask though on the 11th.

The Canuck

Offline DingoBoi

Re: cd closed again. refinalizing cd..no new updates atm
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2006, 06:15:46 pm »
these are the credits listed on the dvd slipcover.

Can the AMG or anyone double check them and make sure I haven't missed anyone?   

Ignore the bad photo screenshot.. it prints perfectly but looks icky on the monitor.

i've also included a preview of the cover art for the dvd/cd slipcover... it's not finished but gives you an idea of where i'm going.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:40:23 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline The Canuck

Re: cd- please check the AMG credits and make sure i haven't missed anyone
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2006, 06:35:18 pm »
Hey Dingo,

At first glance it looks fine to me but guess a few extra confirmations from other members in case I ( you ) overlooked something.

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline richfinsm

• Be better to one another
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2006, 06:44:59 pm »
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 09:01:47 am by richfinsm »
Positive since 1/85.  Tested positive with full-blown AIDS 5/93.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2006, 06:48:35 pm »
Dingo,

The cover looks good !!  ;)

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2006, 06:53:04 pm »
the music sounds fabulous.. i burned a demo cd and after 'normalizing' the sounds, it's incredible... starts slow and then builds in tempo... i tried to order the song by style so we weren't going from a fast song to an oldie.

The cover is coming along well and looks phenomenal on my test prints thus far (though some of it is placeholder text and alot isn't finished, especially the backside cover part.

i am far from a computer whiz.... i just have alotta time on my hands to figure things out and a few good programs to work with (i don't use photoshop or any complicated programs which is probably why the screenies look like shit, but they still print perfect)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2006, 07:34:10 pm »
Dingo

GOOD GOLLY AND WOW!   ;D

You've truly outdone yourself this time.  The cover looks fantastic.  I can't wait to hear the actual music.

There are only two minor points that I have noticed.

The attendees are coming from 5 (not 7) countries. 

The presentation by Tim Horn is sponsored specifically  by aidsmeds.com (as it was explained to me the cost is coming entirely out of their budget).  (not sure if that's an important distinction but thought I would mention it)

RAB

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2006, 07:58:01 pm »
Dingo

Some of the donors will not be attending.  (Off the top of my head I think it's 3 or 4 but Jody handled that side of the Grants Committee so he'd know for sure.)

I know you've got a lot of cd's to burn (or whatever in the heck it's called) but was thinking it might be a nice gesture if we could send a copy to those who did donate even though they weren't coming.

I'd be glad to handle the shipping and stuff if I got the cd's (I'm sure I could get the addresses from Jody).

Is that even possible do you think?

RAB

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2006, 08:03:00 pm »
absolutely rab... i can do as many as reasonably needed... for example i have ones reserved for ann and mouse.  I can't do unlimited runs but a few special people sure.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2006, 10:00:06 pm »
Dingo and Canuck...

Sorry I just read this for the first time.

We'd need our own system, there isn't one there.  This I recall quite clearly.

I don't have a boom box, let me think about this.  I DO have a system I could bring, with two small speakers, the issue would be when I could pick it back up again.  I'm sure Canuck and I can work this out.  It plays cd's and tapes, not fancy but it works.  Mostly.

Sae.
Meh.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2006, 10:09:21 pm »
Sae,

We'd need our own system, there isn't one there.  This I recall quite clearly.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure anymore. We'll have to think how and when you can pick it up back if you bring the system you mentioned.

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2006, 10:23:58 pm »
Sweet Bailey,

This just keeps getting better and better.  You are the MAN.  Your efforts will never be forgotten by this group.  All I can say is, "Thank you".

Hugs man, Ric

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 06:43:42 am by Ric Wilke »

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2006, 10:28:01 pm »
Your efforts will never be forgotten by this group.

Indeed Ric ! We'll offer him a dance with the naked stripper of his choice.. ;D

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2006, 04:11:56 am »
Baby,

You rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Hermie :-* :-* :-*
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2006, 11:46:26 pm »
The attendees are coming from 5 (not 7) countries.  The presentation by Tim Horn is sponsored specifically  by aidsmeds.com

Thanks for the correction on the countries... it was just temporary placeholder text which i was actually gonna verify with you anyway, I just needed something to fill the space to see if it looked okay in design.   for tim's presenation, I'll only give credit to him personally in the credit box for the reason that he is a member and he is giving this as a member (in my interpretation)  I do give special thanks to aidsmeds.com and poz.com in the credits
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 02:24:17 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline Trish

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2006, 10:08:54 am »
Hi Bailey dear,

I know I have already requested my song and it's included, thank you.  However, I would like to suggest another... if you can put it in.  If not, no biggie.  The song is the one that Alan dedicated to the women of AM  --  "You Raise me Up" by Josh Groban.  Just a thought, if you have the space.  But like I said, it's no big deal if you can't swing it.  Thanks love... :-*
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2006, 09:16:46 pm »
ugh trish, you are one demanding woman :P

There have been alotta recent changes and a few disks have already been burned (not many)... i'll need to figure out if it possible to replace them or not.

I'll try thought to accomodate that as it does seem meaningful, but please don't be mad if i can't... now it's all about space and prior commitments.

Maybe next years cd should be a 2 cd collection  :o

Offline Nadine

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2006, 06:32:14 am »
Hey Bailey,

If at all possible, I would love to have a CD...I would gladly pay for any costs involved.

Did anyone ever tell you that YOU ROCK!

Baby,

You rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Hermie   

Oh yea, I guess that's already been established  :D

Offline Trish

« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2006, 09:04:08 am »
It's cool Bailey...

If you can't do it, I won't spank you or anything, but John just might. :D ;)

Seriously, it's cool -- don't stress about it honey.

:-*
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline DingoBoi

Re: cd- help me with back cover text
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2006, 12:35:53 am »
i want help with the back cover text.  Please suggest anything for this... but it has to be the same length as my current text

particularly it's the 3rd segment that i just don't like yet.   I'm good with the first two parts, but it's that thirds that i just don't like yet and don't know how to fix it.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 01:29:43 am by DingoBoi »

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2006, 12:44:05 am »
the is a screenie of the current layout.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2006, 12:57:56 am »
Dang, there are a lot of posts in this thread.

Baily,  just a thought, but pictures of the participants might better suite the context than those of Montreal itself.  Just curious...

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2006, 01:08:11 am »
yes, i've thought of that, but they seem very TORONTO centric and i want to avoid that.

It is a good suggestion though and i will review the pics, but I don't want to pick out a couple individuals to represent the amg on the cover.   Dont' want it to seem to be about a couple people.. and i will get shit forever about that from some i think if i did.

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2006, 05:40:14 am »
silly boy... look at me now, crying in fornt of my pc.

Thank you Bailey. This is exceptional work. I so much appreciate it.

Nowhere have I ever found a group so powerfully connected and devoted to make it work.
Gone give you one of my famous hugs for that..

And it ain't gone be a "air"-hug.

Hermie   
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2006, 10:33:07 am »
Bailey, I don't think what you have written for Segment 3 is that bad.

I 'tweaked' it a little and came up with this:

"For many of us, AMG 06 will be a dream realized through the efforts of many who have conspired (or maybe collaborated is a better word?) to make this event memorable.  This is a group of people who truly care about and support each other on a daily basis."

But -- I'm not a writer!
Where is JONATHAN when we need him???   He could write something for you in no time, I'm sure....

You're doing a great job honey, and I really appreciate all the work you have put into this.

Hugs,
Alan
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 10:37:29 am by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline DingoBoi

Re: cover art done and printed by kinkos :) no pics though, u have to wait
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2006, 06:05:29 pm »
well, the cover is is finally done completely and printed by kinkos who i think gave me a bit of a discount because i looked pathetic :) and for the subject matter.

the photos and text have changed a bit but you'll all have to wait till the AMG to see.   

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2006, 06:08:46 pm »
kinkos who i think gave me a bit of a discount because i looked pathetic  and for the subject matter.

;D

I'm looking forward to see it.

Take care,

The Canuck

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2006, 06:26:44 pm »
its *mostly* the same as previous screenies... same type of layout.. .just different text and a couple different pictures. :)

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2006, 06:28:37 pm »
thanks alanbama, I used your text :)

there may be an option for those who want to get a copy of the cd/dvd for cost who are not attending.  I have to clear that with the mods/owners.   But anything can be worked out via PM.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 06:56:49 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: songs and cover art locked down. cd's burning now! no pics till the amg tho
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2006, 06:51:35 pm »
Why are there 28 guests currently viewing this thread all at the same time? 

Offline DingoBoi

Re: songs and cover art locked down. cd's burning now! no pics till the amg tho
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2006, 09:22:22 pm »
because I'm a god  ::)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.