Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:22:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 635
Total: 635

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dental ADAP help needed nyc  (Read 3124 times)

Offline pointer165

• I like this tribal avatar
Dental ADAP help needed nyc
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:47:10 pm »
It's a long story / so I'll just ask if you have ADAP in NYC, where do you go for your dental needs? The clinic on 17 street, had to wait 6 months for an appointment & the dentist literally cleaned my teeth in 4-5 minutes.. That was it.. The tech took X-rays .. I know we only get 10 visits per year & anything extra comes out of pocket.. I have no pocket change to cover this. Where does anyone go for decent dental care? They have cut the clinic's services since it was first built several years ago.. This dentist at 17 street is part time .. Along with this they want me to have my primary care doctor to be at the clinic.. My insurance I do not have to pick any primary care.. I can go to anyone I want.. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Tony
Guamanian

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Dental ADAP help needed nyc
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 11:46:57 am »
I used to go to the dental clinic at Callen-Lorde on W 18th St http://callen-lorde.org/our-services/dental/

This was a decade ago. Do you not have a case manager to access this information? I would advise registering at GMHC.

I've heard great things about services at the Spencer Cox Center and I see they offer dental services http://centerforcare.org
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline pointer165

• I like this tribal avatar
Re: Dental ADAP help needed nyc
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 12:14:57 am »
Philicia/ sorry for late response/ this is the story. I have 3 health insurances but none cover dental & eye glasses. they want me to use their doctor which I don't need. So I'm stalling but the dental spots are months in between . What does gmhc have now? Do they have medical? The clinic wanted me to talk to the manager but I refused .. They did clean  & xray my mouth but I have an August appointment.. I was given a dental list by Albany of places I can go to & I may use that. I'm very slow nowadays because of this Stribild side effects.. I don't go out because it messes with my sleep etc.. Thanks for the reply Miss Philicia
Sorry for repeat of info of first post
Cheers
Tony
Guamanian

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.