Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:33:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 226
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV Testing  (Read 12229 times)

Offline jhon

HIV Testing
« on: July 25, 2009, 01:41:25 pm »
My name is jhon. I have being going out with a girl recently. She works in a coffee place near my house.

We had a foreplay before safe sex/protected intercourse ,vagina,...

But this foreplay is the sticky point.. i need your help in evaluating the risk..
I was fingering her vagina for a while and then she gave me a blow job..
I came to know from pervious posts that fingering and blow job are no RISK situations.

But i made a frottage with her wet pussy. I am sure i have not entered her unprotected but you know, you never know how deep the frottage would have taken me..

Ann, Andy, Rapidrod just let me know the difference between the frottage and unprotected vaginal intercourse..

Thanks,
Jhon

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Frottage Risk
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:53:21 pm »
Jhon,

Frottage is the rubbing of two people's genitals together without penetration. Penetration is when you put your penis inside the other person's anus or vagina. You would be able to tell the difference.

Frottage is not a risk.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THE SPECIFIC CONCERNS YOU BRING TO US, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jhon

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 01:56:30 pm »
do you think any TEST is required in my case..
so can i start having sex with my wife ?

PS: sorry Ann, i forgot to tell you, my wife is back in my country.. i am sorry for cheating on her..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:01:37 pm by jhon »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 02:05:20 pm »
Jhon,

Re-read my first reply to you. I already told you that you do not need to test for hiv - I even used bold print.

Although frottage is not a risk for hiv, it's a risk for some of the other, more easily transmitted STIs. Whether you have unprotected intercourse with your wife is up to you and how willing you are to put her at risk for something like herpes. If you have further questions about the other STIs, speak to your doctor. This forum concentrates on hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jhon

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:11:04 pm »
I am so scared with this frottage incident..

My question this:
I know that i was rubbing against her pussy, i know that she was very wet there.. what would be chances of me making way into her vagina may be because she was wet and may be vagina was not that tight ..

if am just thinking if this frottage turned into intercourse accidentally :(

Andy, RapidRod have you gone through my case??

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:18:36 pm by jhon »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 07:40:58 pm »
jhon,

I can't possibly speculate as to whether or not you know where your own dick was. I rather doubt you would have penetrated her without knowing - but you should know your own dick and you were there, I wasn't.

If you can't let go of this, go test and collect your negative result. Don't think you'll be able to use this website to wring your hands over this no-risk frottage.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jhon

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 08:53:17 pm »
Andy or RapidRod do you have any comments??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 08:54:42 pm »
Have nothing to add to what Ann has already told you.

Offline jhon

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 08:14:42 pm »
Hi,

I am unable to sleep properly with the doubt of HIV risk in my mind.
I have been exposed to the risk some 18 days back.. what is the kind of test i need to undergo..

Pls. throw some light on the test process i need to undergo
13 weeks looks like eternity for me.. would PCR testing do any good to me..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:32:22 pm by jhon »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 08:41:58 pm »
No you don't use PCR testing.  Get an antibody test if you must. 6 weeks post exposure and if it's negative retest at 3 months for a conclusive result.

Offline jhon

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 09:43:09 pm »
Rapidrod i did not understand this
"Get an antibody test if you must"..
who will tell wether antibody test is must or not?
is this 6 week test the antibody test?

Offline jhon

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 07:38:41 am »
Rapidrod.. this is like a torcher to me .. the thought of being subjected to risk..
13 weeks is eternity..

Will the PCR give a reliable answer.. i get away with money for the sake of peace of mind!!
Help me out buddy ..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 07:50:06 am »
No! PCR-RNA is a supplemental test and has to be used in conjunction with an antibody test. PCR-DNA are monitoring tests used to monitor the progession of HIV in people KNOWN to be positive.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 08:07:35 am »
jhon,

The reason PCR tests aren't recommended for hiv testing is because they have a high rate of FALSE positive results. How much peace of mind do you think you'd get from one of those?

Get a grip. You didn't have a risk. Test if you have to for peace of mind, but do yourself a favour and use a standard antibody test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jhon

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 08:26:41 am »
Ann,

Would the 6 week antibody test conclusive enough..

as i was glancing through the previous forums,   you said that you have never seen a case where 6 week result has changed in the 13 week test

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 09:08:03 am »
Jhon,

A six week negative would be conclusive for you because you did NOT have a risk, as you've been repeatedly told. When there has been a risk, a six week negative must be confirmed at the three month point, but is unlikely to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jhon

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 06:57:05 pm »
Ann,
To be frank your repeated confirmation of "No risk" is bringing confidence in me..

But before i make a final call not to do the test,  I want one more chance to explain my case to you :

"On the day I had frottage with the girl,  the girl was very wet (god knows whether she was squirting!).. when i repeatedly rubbed against her pussy  there would be a chance that the front part of my penis would have touched or got stuffed into her vagina.. "

I know many ppl would have played hide and seek with the pussy .. but i myself is scared to death in this scenario..

PS : If you think i am misusing this post pls ignore this particular post of mine

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 07:02:09 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 08:28:49 pm »
You're really, really stretching here. It doesn't matter if she was dripping in vaginal secretions. Still not a risk. Including if the the head of your penis touched her vaginal lips.

As for it getting "stuffed" into her penis, nothing you have indicates that you actually had intercourse and inserted your penis into her.

So you are worrying needlessly.

Get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline jhon

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 09:03:42 am »
Andy,

If i  would have inserted into  her vagina will that be that obvious to me that i will immediatley realize..

this is relation to the "stuffing" question..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:05:53 am by jhon »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 09:17:36 am »
Yes, you would know if your penis had been inside her vagina. The sensation is quite different from touching and rubbing.

You are worrying needlessly. And while I appreciate you are anxious, I can tell you that if you continue to come back here with new fears about this no-risk incident, you're going to get yourself a 28 day Time Out from the site.

This is not an HIV situation. Period. If you can't let go of your fears then having some conversation with a counselor or other professional might be helpful. We can't provide that kind of service in this setting.
Andy Velez

Offline jhon

HIV Testing
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 07:57:09 pm »
Hi,

I am planning to do an antibody test for HIV.
Pls. let me know how to approach the correct medical centre.

--------------------
One of my friends has taken "HIV DNA Early Detection Test" and he showed up negative in my sort of case.
After watching him my heart beat is going up again...

My incident happened 4 weeks back.. dayz are going so slow .. it is becoming to wailt 2 more weeks...

Regards,
Jhon
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:24:30 pm by jhon »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: HIV Testing
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 08:23:45 pm »
jhon,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

How do you approach the testing center? You put one foot in front of the other until you reach the front door. Carefully open the door and enter the building. Continuing to put one foot in front of the other, you draw near to the reception desk. You then say - "I wish to be tested for hiv."  But don't worry, it's not as complicated as it sounds.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jhon

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 08:28:21 pm »
I am not that stupid !!!!!!!!!! :)

but what to do, this very thought of HIV is not letting me relax .. once I come from my work all my thoughts are over this.. though you repeatedly told me no risk..
I want to see the result as HIV Negative quickly and sleep with peace!..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 08:31:39 pm »

I am not that stupid !!!!!!!!!! :)

Jhon,

I was giving that issue the benefit of doubt as you don't seem to have understood a single thing we've told you so far.

If you have to test for peace of mind, go ahead. Don't be surprised by your negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jhon

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 07:11:32 pm »
Hi Andy,

I have read in one of your forums that in order to contract HIV the penis should reach all the way to crevix of the vagina (sorry i dont know the exact name of crevix..)
1) Is it the same when the vagina is with squirt fluids

Can i use this fact to free up my mind of any possible risk

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 07:15:26 pm »
YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK AND YOU DO NOT NEED TESTING. End of discussion.

Offline jhon

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 07:19:18 pm »
i got it!

But i want this clarification for future frottage related incidents.. when i hang around next time, i will know far i can use my penis.. thatz it..

Offline jhon

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 07:59:06 pm »
Andy, pls. answer my question..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 08:12:54 pm »
The cervix is the far upper inner part of the vagina. It's not where your penis or fingers would be reaching nor would you be coming into contact with the secretions from the cervix.

Rubbing against vaginal lips does not in any way put you at risk.

You need to let go of this and get on with your life. You're on the verge of getting a time out here. 
Andy Velez

Offline jhon

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 08:30:02 pm »
Andy, I got hold of myself.. i am a NO RISK situation and i completely know about it.

My question is that i can insert unprotected for some part of the vagina, because anyhow i am not going to reach till crevix right..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 09:58:13 pm »
 Use a condom....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 10:44:58 pm »
Jhon,

I've given you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.