Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:01:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 703
Total: 703

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: part time job  (Read 6953 times)

Offline wolfter

part time job
« on: September 18, 2011, 07:46:41 pm »
I've been helping my brother out at the local VFW where he is the commander.  He retired from the Air Force 5 years and was thrust into that position.  It hadn't been ran correctly for years.  Throughout the entire time I've assisted him whenever he needed anything.

I mainly helped him in the financials and he's been pressuring me to accept a full time job.  I do anything that's needed in addition to the accounting side.  I fixed gutters, I regularly jump on the mower, I work the kitchen, I bartend...whatever he needs.  

I finally agreed to accept a part time paid position.  I am starting tomorrow and feeling energized.  I am now already in charge of the place.  Jeff's father-in-law died suddenly and they had to fly out quickly to Florida.  I will demand a death certificate cause it seems suspect.  I already have keys to everything and he gave them my number for any issues that arise.    They won't like my answer if they call me at 10:00 like they do to Jeff because they ran out of something.  Oh, and I now have another added job;  taking care of her dogs for several days.

Randy, the kitchen manager called a little while ago because Jackie called off for Tuesday.  I simply asked if he called anyone to see if they wanted hours.  He said "not yet".  I allowed dead silence until he discovered that would be a good idea.  

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline buginme2

Re: part time job
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 10:29:02 pm »
Congratulations on your new job!! Sounds like a fun gig!
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:04:09 am »
Thanks Ann for promptly moving this where YOU thought it belonged.  I think I posted in an appropriate place because of where I'm at but appreciate your concern.

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:58:31 am »
Hey Wolfter, what's your beef?  It just sounds like A (nother) day with HIV ;). only without the picture.

Congratulations on the job.  I bet your Mother is so proud of her little boys. The way you help each other out.   I know I am.

robert....you know, the guy who made everyone else at the gathering look good.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 01:19:47 am »
Wow, really?
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 01:40:39 am »
Wow, really?

Did you have something to comment on?  Besides an unknown avatar?

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 02:02:15 am »
you probably should have posted this in the LTS forum, Wolfie, and explained about your SSd, going back to work some after all these yrs, and your concerns about whether you'll be able to manage or not. (that's what you get for minimizing what an important step this is in your life! LOL) There probably aren't as many people in the LW section anyway that would understood all the ramifications about you returning to a part time job after all the complications of aids and all this time.

best of luck with this job! :-* Remember though, it wasn't all that long ago when you were quite sick (and nearly blinded by an OI), so just don't let this job wear you down too much or the aids might just try to get the best of you again, my friend. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 02:43:18 am »
Did you have something to comment on?  Besides an unknown avatar?

An unknown avatar? Is that all you have for me?

I agree with Leather. You should have connected this to living with HIV. As it stands, it belongs here in off-topic.

My comment was directed at how easy it is for your to berate a moderator for doing what's already a thankless job. Classy. And I've had my photo on this site more often that you, I'll wager. The fact that I don't now is BECAUSE of people like you, whose need is, is always, is always and always, greater.

I am sorry to have engaged. I respectfully withdraw. Best of luck with the jobs and the demand for the death certificate.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 02:59:01 am »
I'm confused by all the topic changing.

Anyway congrats on returning to working full time.  Hope it all goes well for you.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 07:59:58 am »

Anyway congrats on returning to working full time.  Hope it all goes well for you.

Wutdahell is goin on?

Wolfie,

Good luck on the new position, sounds like they need you.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 08:08:06 am »
All the best for your new job.  :)
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 08:42:02 am »
Good luck with the new job!

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 10:55:29 am »
I finally agreed to accept a part time paid position.  I am starting tomorrow and feeling energized.  I am now already in charge of the place.  Jeff's father-in-law died suddenly and they had to fly out quickly to Florida.  I will demand a death certificate cause it seems suspect.

I remember a Sienfeld episode where George and Kramer tried to bamboozle the airlines using the bereavement fare.  George showed up at the desk with a picture of him next to the coffin.  If your brother shows up with a picture of him next to the coffin, then it's bamboozlement, pure and simple.  You've been had.   >:(

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 12:03:07 pm »
Greg, be very careful w/ your part-time-job, and make sure you have some sorta exit strategy if you get sick again, also, you might wanna get paid under-the-table for this, so it won't mess up you ssdi payments, if you don't those payments won't be there if you need them, and they are a real BITCH to get back if you loose them, better to do this for only a very short time frame  :)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 12:40:35 pm »
Thanks Ann for promptly moving this where YOU thought it belonged.  I think I posted in an appropriate place because of where I'm at but appreciate your concern.

LOL. Yes clearly the Mods need a tutorial on where to put stuff

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Since2005

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 02:10:54 pm »

Clearly ;). I think OP said its a part time job.

Congratulations on the new job!

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 02:51:22 pm »
Clearly ;). I think OP said its a part time job.

Congratulations on the new job!

I know precisely what he said.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 03:03:07 pm »
Congrats Wolfie , if memory serves me starting work again was an issue for you awhile ago, guess the decisions been made ,anyway good luck and I hope you enjoy it.
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 04:33:24 pm »

Congratulations on the new Job !!

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 06:07:15 pm »
I know precisely what he said.

So why did you congratulate him on a "Full Time job"?...just curious.

Congratulations on your part time job Wolfie.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 06:30:04 pm »
So why did you congratulate him on a "Full Time job"?...just curious.

Congratulations on your part time job Wolfie.

It seems to me that he's already handling more responsibility than most part timers.  So I made a tongue in cheek inference that it may eventually turn out to be a bit more than he was expecting.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 10:14:31 pm »
I guess I was under a lot of stress cause as I read this as I'm surprised at my demeanor.  I don't make escuses and admit I was a nervous wreck and was suffering from self induced stress.  Everytime I push myself to excel, I get kinda bitchy.  We did manage to work out the "logistics" of things and I'd never post it out loud. 

Wolfie

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 07:47:54 am »
Hey Wolfie --

Congrats on the job -- of course, this will put a serious crimp into your ability to "pub crawl".....   ;)

Mike

Offline weasel

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 07:50:20 pm »

I am so glad you are doing something  that concerns  LIVING WITH HIV !

Wishing you the stamina and health to do it !

I wish I could  work , ANYTHING would be good to get out of the house and away

from  daily   tribulations   of  CRAP ! 

Be well my friend !   Good luck , I hope it is fullfilling

Weasel    :-*
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.