Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:39:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 580
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 472
Total: 472

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A few questions to ease my mind.  (Read 5803 times)

Offline peterhelms

A few questions to ease my mind.
« on: May 29, 2008, 07:30:10 am »
As some of you may know my boyfriend is positive and im negative, we have been together for almost 3 years, i dont want to worry him with my questions since im sure we are doing evertying right but i want  to ask you about a couple of  situations just to be sure.
The other day he had diharrea and about 10 minutes after he went to the bathroom we had sex( we always practice safe sex) , i had my penis in btween his butt cheeks ( i was never inside of him) and then i started thinking, what if he had a litle blood on the outside of his butt from the diharrea he was having and that blood touched the head of my penis, is that a cause for concern??' Ann explained to me that hiv is never transmitted outside of the body, but i still wanted to ask you guys. What if i had little tears on the head of my penis and there was a little blood in the outside of his butt and my penis touched the blood.
Second question.... the other day we were in the bathtub and he  accidentally sat on my penis and my penis rubbed really hard against his leg  but since we were under water i couldnt see if there was blood, i looked later and everthing was ok, but is it possible that  since it was such a friction my penis and his leg were bleeding and there was a possibility for me to get infected? or since this was always outside of the body and just skin to skin contact i shouldnt worry?.
i know this questions are kind of silly but i would really  appreciate your answers so i can take this doubts out of my head....I appreciate it.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: A few questions to ease my mind.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 08:08:57 am »
No Peter, neither of these situations constitute a risk for HIV transmission. HIV is a fragile virus and as Ann told you is only transmitted inside the body.

The key to a successful sero-discordant relationship is the ability to speak to one another about these things in frank but sensitive and respectful terms. Don't feel that you can't "bother" your sweetie with these things. If it's a continuing issue then perhaps some couples counselling might be in order.

Be well,

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 06:30:32 pm »
More things to not worry about, Peter.

Peter, you call them silly and I can't help wondering how much attention you have really paid to what's been said to you any number of times before this. It seems to me the real issue here is your ongoing anxiety about your bf's positive status and your fears about becoming infected. That's an understandable reaction on your part. But instead of focusing on these non-risk situations how about getting yourself some professional support, perhaps jointly, to develop a better equilibrium about the situation?

By answering these questions I just see that we're doing bandaid treatment when something heavier duty is required and it's something we can't provide here.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline peterhelms

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 07:27:44 pm »
So are you saying that both question have zero risk? i need to know so i can put it to rest,

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:44:43 pm »
Yes Peter, that's what we're saying. Zero risk.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.