Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:50:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 608
Total: 608

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm new to all this....  (Read 6427 times)

Offline Mynewlife+

• There is only one of you in all the universe
I'm new to all this....
« on: November 02, 2006, 10:37:15 pm »
Hello to everyone..

I finally got the courage to become a member... I was diagnosed in May 2006.....

I'm a very private person and its very hard for me to open up about all this...  But after all that I've been through I have remain very optimistic and don't want to go without a fight....

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own.
No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours
- it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of
it. This is the day your life really begins.
Share your knowledge, we know too much to waste it.. Share your joy, we all want it... Share your pain, it won't last forever.. Nothing does.
Me

I live in turbulence to rest in peace after

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
ALANIS MORISSETTE

Offline Longislander

Re: I'm new to all this....
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 10:57:50 pm »
Welcome to the forums.
excellent attitude, but feel free to lean here! There are some great people around here. Get to know them, and let us get to know you
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 11:07:29 pm »
Hey Newlife,

Welcome to the forums and our eclectic family here.

I love your attitude. As Longislander said, remember that we are here to lean on when needed - and sometimes to do the leaning.

While our paths may be individual, we are most certainly all in this together.

I hope to hear more from you and that you find this site as welcoming and supportive as I have.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 11:12:15 pm »

Glad you found us and decided to join in!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 11:28:11 pm »
Hello Mynewlife+,

Those are some very familiar words which are quite nourishing to the soul. It is unfortunate that you have tested HIV positive. However, it is good that you DO know rather than not know. Knowing is half the battle.

It is even more candid that you have decided to open up and release what you have been holding inside of you ever since you found out the news. There is magic in writting and it is HIGHLY therapeutic.

I wish to extend to you a warm WELCOME here at the forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

We have a great group of Real People who will listen as well as answer you. We are here to encourage one another and to learn from each other.

Talking to other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time.

In the interim, you may want to start taking a multi-vitamin, Omega 3 and eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy and avoid processed foods, saturated and trans fats. This will also help you maintain a healthy weight.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Make the BEST of each and every Day!

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 11:53:04 pm »
Hi New,
Nice to meet you.
I'm a smoker, drinker, cusser,meat eater, and I'm fat and occasionally nasty, but I really love these people, as I hope you come to as well.
Welcome to the roller coaster. :P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 01:19:59 am by Lisa »
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Mynewlife+

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 01:14:54 am »
Sorry for my tardy reply, but I'm short on words to describe my gratitude to all of you for your encouragement in this new episode of my life..
Honestly, I think way to much about things and no written text could.. So my most humble and sincere THANK YOU to all of you must do..

Share your knowledge, we know too much to waste it.. Share your joy, we all want it... Share your pain, it won't last forever.. Nothing does.
Me

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
ALANIS MORISSETTE

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 01:42:51 am »
Welcome to the forums.( Lisa you are too funny!) I love your attitude. I am glad you found this place. I look forward to getting to know you better. You seem like you have much to offer. . As you can see, there are many wonderfull people in here. Stay strong. I wish you well!
Positive since 1985

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 04:56:17 am »
Hi there

Welcome to the family, and like all families we argue fuss and fight..but when push comes to shove we are all here for each other.

I agree with the guys, you have a great attitude, keep it up and you won't go wrong..hope you stay around, look forward to hearing more from you.

BTW...Lisa forgot to add she laughs loud and laughs often.

Hugs
Jan :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 05:46:16 am »
Welcome and congratulations on taking this step.  In the short time that I have posted here, I have found the most amazing community which does in fact know its members as individuals and always finds the right words to send out.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 08:18:11 am »
Hello and Welcome MNL!
Looking ahead, to a time when you might want to meet some of the wonderful, insightful characters you'll meet here, I direct you to the Content Listing AM Gatherings. We are in the early stages of planning our next gathering, choosing a location and time, etc. I just want you to know that no matter how new or old one is to this site, everyone is encouraged to be a part of the annual gathering. Your post caused me to read Eldon's oft-written advice---exercise three times a week. I don't exercise even once a week and I'm getting larger, less limber and lethargic. Today, I'm going for a loooooooooonng walk. Gotta start somewhere.
Thanks MNL and EL.   
Em

Offline Christine

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 10:38:24 am »
Hello & Welcome!!

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 10:44:16 am »
Hi and welcome to the forums!

I look forward to hearing more from you.

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Mynewlife+

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 07:44:40 pm »
Thank you once again...

Great weekend for me, I had bad news over the week, today the doc called me.. Good news and I'm great, blood test came back great.... I just have to take vitamin K and Phosphorus supplements.. And don't work out so hard...  I can deal with that... Hurray!!

What a great feeling when there is good in what seem bad news...

I'm so grateful....
Me

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
ALANIS MORISSETTE

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 08:17:46 pm »
myNEWlife

You got me a thinking...  Welcome to this "not so private" way of finding your way..  I seem to "rely on," "cry on," "laugh with," and become the person I was destined to become with HIV with the help of each and everyone of these amazing people who call this a home.  AM has wacky ways of making you grow, learn and love again (oh yes, sometimes hate again)lol.    Many have worn a clear and safe path for you.   There is not always a need to blaze a new trail untested.   But, that option honey, is always there for you.  Live your dreams, your going to be around for them.

I hope you continue to post and let us get to know that private person and share your "journey" with you...

Love

Offline Mynewlife+

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 08:28:31 pm »
Thank you so much Eric for your kind words, so beautiful.. You have touched me with just one message.. I swear I got goose bumps. What else could I say?

(Teary eyes)
Me

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
ALANIS MORISSETTE

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 10:25:27 pm »
I was told when I was just a wee little hiv + boy, that it was ok to cry...  Been cryin ever since... ;)

Goose Bumps are always good..... You know you can still FEEL!!!

Your going to be just fine...

Love
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 10:39:53 pm by Eric »

Offline RobT

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 12:47:22 am »
Mynewlife+,
The saddest day of my life was when I was received my HIV + diagnosis. I found whatever site that I cud log onto and describe my feelings. Luckily I managed to find this site. This site has helped me in more ways than one. I am glad that u found this site to offer u as much support as it has provided me.
Welcome to our "little" family. The price for admission is certainly a bitch and I constantly feel saddened in welcoming a new forum member. I am glad that u have the courage to get to this site in offering support. It has been very supportive and informative, although each of us has our own little tantrums, we r all one big family. Welcome!
That is a gr8 attitude to have. I hope that u keep it up.

RobT

Current meds:  Truvada/Sustiva
VL: undetectable
CD4: 564

Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 05:30:54 am »
Quote from: Mynewlife+
The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.

That's very wise MNL, and one of the keys to fulfilled and contented living.

Thanks for finding the courage to take a leap of faith and share your thoughts.

The first six months give a person a lot to digest and begin working through, but I promise you, if you take good care of yourself on all levels, things will be manageable.

You can still have a good and meaningful life.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 07:30:05 am »
Welcome aboard.

I was diagnosed in February 2006.

... the best day in your life, so far, perhaps. Joining us here is a step towards healing, but I would like to suggest that the best days of life are yet to come!

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 10:38:16 am »
Welcome to the family MYNEWLIFE+..............
I think you'll find this place to be the perfect jumping off point for a new life.......I did!
Here you can find information and genuine support from a bunch of great people who not only share your
planet earth but also share a common heart.  Welcome to the family.......... :-* :-* :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Mynewlife+

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 10:46:01 pm »
Hello everybody.. Just thought I say hi to everyone.... All is good, just thought I share in my great mood...

Hugs.

M :P
Me

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
ALANIS MORISSETTE

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 10:49:36 pm »
Its been a few days... Fill us in!!! ;D

Offline Iggy

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 11:29:27 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:42:52 pm by Iggy »

Offline tsw923

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 12:42:04 am »
Welcome MNL --

I was diagnosed August 2006 and found that this site has been a great help and support.  Oh yeah, snd sometimes you can get a good laugh too...

Hope to see more of you.
Help find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, and other blood-related cancers by sponsoring me as I walk a 1/2 marathon as a part of the Maryland chapter of Team in Training.  To find out more and to donate, please click on the following site:  http://www.active.com/donate/tntmd/tswtntmd

Offline Mynewlife+

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 02:06:50 am »
Thank you Iggy, wise words... I'm realistic, totally realistic... But for now I enjoy all the good... I couldn't enjoy the good without the bad... Believe me, I know the bad also... 

Today I'm great.... Tomorrow, I don't know.... Who knows.... Right?

Me

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
ALANIS MORISSETTE

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.