Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:28:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37650
  • Latest: rovipa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773277
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 283
Total: 284

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Decision made.  (Read 5750 times)

Offline Growler

Decision made.
« on: July 19, 2012, 06:55:39 pm »
I have decided to consent to  cognitive testing to check for dementia. I could cope with forgetting things but the new paranoia is way too hard.
GROWLER
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Decision made.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:41:00 pm »
Growler I know I hardly respond to your posts, but I follow them just the same.  Please keep this thread updated with anything you find out.  And take care of yourself as well as you're able.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Growler

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:57:51 pm »
Now waiting for the appointment date. Things are stable and I'm doing OK......crazy as bat-shit still, but fuck that's nothing new!
Asked the AIDS Council for help putting together a living will. I figure best to get my wishes down while I'm well or else my well meaning Jebus reborn sister will have me in a nursing home being forced feed Arv's while I finger paint on the walls with my own shit for the last 20 years of my life.
Oh I know what you're thinking, he's dying..... boo hoo hoo. Think of me as being like the smell of cat piss on your best Persian carpet...... you can't get rid off me that easily. Just having some neuro/psychological? issues that need addressing and I'll be fine.

GROWLER
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 09:53:44 pm »
Asked the AIDS Council for help putting together a living will. I figure best to get my wishes down while I'm well
it's never a bad time to get that kind of paperwork in order. ;)

Though I totally don't believe in that bus that everyone talks about that could hit you tomorrow, there are earthquakes, tsunamis, crazed shooters, religious fanatics, extremist militia, bigots, and muggers out there.

besides it's easier to do this paperwork when you're not busy dying so you can have it on file before trouble starts.

I'm doing OK......crazy as bat-shit still ... my well meaning Jebus reborn sister
you're doing fine! Now your sis playing footsie with Jebus, now she might be the bat-shit crazy one.  ;)

I know we haven't really chatted much on here; but I always read your posts and sure keep you in my thoughts as you go through all these issues. Best wishes to you! :)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Mishma

• HIV drugs are our Allies but hardly our Friends
    • Marquis de Vauban
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 02:35:14 pm »
Cognitive testing is no big deal. I've flunked a number of tests and it is not the end of the world.
2016 CD4 25% UD (less than 20). 30+ years positive. Dolutegravir, Acyclovir, Clonazepam, Lisinopril, Quetiapine, Sumatriptan/Naproxen, Restasis, Latanoprost, Asprin, Levothyroxine, Restasis, Triamcinolone.

Offline Growler

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 11:12:23 pm »
Can I be honest with you, I'm not sure whats happening. The thing that worries me is that I know that things aren't right and I can't figure it out. I sometimes think I'm doing things that I'm not. I think people are staring at me or spying on me. Sometimes I think that nothing is real including me? At times during the day I just have to go lie in the sun and close my eyes and try to disappear because I can't quite work out if things are real or if its all my imagination. I think I've gone mad but I'm aware of it and that doesn't make sense to me? I really hate this and explain it better but it's truly not good at all. I can function which is weird? I just tell myself to do this and that, don't talk or look at people, keep a neutral look on my face, dont rush and shower and eat and change my cholthes and be polite and all things that I should so I am ok. But that said its totally fucked seriously fucked.

GROWLER

Offline phost86

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 12:41:08 pm »
Yeah, I have problems with seeing what really is and reacting to my mind going off in all different horrible places and I understand what you mean for the most of it. I hate the feeling of just pushing through..getting out of bed..dressing..trying to get out..
Sometimes I feel like a little ball spinning round and round in a bucket spinning further down into the black pit of the bucket not knowing how long I'll stay down or when I'm going to spin up again. I guess fighting for control of the ball and trying to do whatever I possibly can to keep it from going down gives me a tad more strength..makes me a little bit more stronger. Then there is the issue of spinning too close to the top of the bucket and spinning out..yup, it's hard for me to find balance.
I think it's great your moving on and getting tested..at least you will know.

Offline Growler

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 02:17:40 pm »
Today's the day. Have my neuropsych this afternoon. Happy to report that I am feeling great so expect to pass with flying colours. I suspect that the reason why I haven't had such a great couple of weeks is that someone stole my phone while I was sleeping and I've been lost without it. But yesterday I finally could afford a new one so I'm back online proper instead of having to rely on the library computers which of course I can't access at night.
Take care and thanks for the reassureance.

GROWLER

Offline Growler

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 03:10:16 am »
Its done. Can't stop shaking and want to vomit. I get the results next week. Afterwards she started to talk about HIV accommodation.  I don't know what is happening but one step at a time.
GROWLER

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.