Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:42:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 324
Total: 324

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Majority of US gay men support HIV transmission laws  (Read 7694 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Majority of US gay men support HIV transmission laws
« on: September 21, 2010, 05:17:27 pm »
What a shocker -- seems the closeted Southern cocksucker buys into this stuff the most.  ;) ::) [emoticons employed for extra effect -- insert $3]

source

HIV AND CRIMINAL LAW
Michael Carter
Published: 21 September 2010

Two-thirds of US gay men believe that it should be illegal for an HIV-positive man to have unprotected anal sex without disclosure, investigators report in the October edition of AIDS Care.

“Believing that it should be illegal was associated with HIV-negative or unknown status, less education, having a non-gay sexual orientation, living in a state that was perceived as hostile towards GLBT persons, reporting fewer UAI [unprotected anal intercourse] partners…and feeling greater responsibility”, write the authors.

Since 2008, at least 30 individuals in the US have been prosecuted for exposing others to HIV. Penalties vary between states and range from a small fine to a lengthy prison sentence. The impact of such laws on HIV prevention efforts are hotly debated. Moreover, there is uncertainty about the attitudes of the communities most affected by HIV about the criminalisation of HIV exposure.

Gay and other men who have sex with men remain the group most affected by HIV in the US. In 2008 investigators therefore used gay social websites to recruit 1725 to a study designed to:

Describe overall attitudes towards the criminalisation of exposure to HIV due to unprotected anal sex without disclosure.

The factors associated with such attitudes.

Overall, 65% of men believed that it should be illegal for HIV-positive individuals to have unprotected sex without disclosure, 23% thought it should not be illegal and 12% did not know.

Support for criminalisation was highest  (79%) among men aged between 18 and 20, and lowest (56%) among those aged 41 to 70. The investigators note that younger gay men were significantly less likely to have been tested for HIV. Separate research has shown that untested men are more likely to adopt a disclosure-based HIV prevention strategy “that gains credibility by transmission laws.”

The overwhelming majority (70%) of HIV-negative and untested men (69%) supported legal sanctions, but only 38% of HIV-positive men endorsed criminalisation. “These differences most likely reflect a shift in orientation toward criminal statues on HIV transmission following seroconversion”, comment the investigators.

Men with the lowest educational achievements were most likely to support criminalisation (75%), and those with a degree least likely (58%).

Over three-quarters of men who did not identify as gay or bisexual supported criminalisation compared to 63% of those who had some form of gay identity.

In addition, those who were least comfortable with their sexual orientation were most likely to endorse criminalisation.

Living in a state which was perceived to be hostile to gay, bisexual, lesbian and transgender people was also associated with support for criminalisation.

Sexual behaviour was also significant. Men who reported two or more episode or unprotected anal sex within the previous three months were least likely to support criminalisation (52%), and those who reported no unprotected sex the most likely (69%).

Finally, the investigators found that a sense of responsibility was associated with support for criminalisation.

Statistical analysis showed that men who were HIV-positive were less likely to support criminalisation (OR, 0.33; 95% CI, 0.24-0.44), as were those with a higher degree (OR, 0.42; 95% CI, 0.27-0.64). Living in a state that was perceived to be more accepting of homosexuality was also associated with less support for criminalisation (OR, 0.75; 95% CI, 0.59-0.96), as was having had a greater number of episodes of unprotected anal sex (OR, 0.72; 95% CI, 0.56-0.93) and a lower feeling of responsibility towards the sexual health of sex partners (OR, 0.75; 95% CI, 0.69-0.81).

Conversely, men who did not identify as gay or bisexual were 54% more likely to support criminalisation (OR, 1.54; 95% CI, 1.08-2.02).

The investigators found no evidence that laws deterred high-risk sexual behaviour. However they conclude “further research is needed to examine whether they act as a barrier for MSM [men who have sex with men] at highest risk for acquiring or transmitting HIV.”

Research carried out among MSM in England and Wales in 2006 found a strong relationship between the expectation that a man should disclose his HIV status to prospective sexual partners and support for criminal prosecution of HIV transmission. The authors of that study, conducted by SIGMA Research at the University of Portsmouth, concluded that the practice of prosecuting transmission worked to reinforce the expectation that men would disclose, thereby impeding any HIV prevention efforts that seek to educate men against making assumptions about HIV status on the basis of a lack of disclosure.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:48:14 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Majority of US gay men support HIV transmission laws
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 05:24:42 pm »
Fagz are so dumb.

MtD

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 05:38:33 pm »
I love it. The youngest gay guys are the ones who want the Law to protect them from the evil pozzies.... and who are the least likely to get tested.

Do they think putting someone in jail will make them negative again? This isn't burglary we are talking about, where you can get new stuff. Unless by "new stuff" you  mean Atripla.

And I like the way they broke down the demographics. 18-20 versus 41-70. seems about right.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 05:40:34 pm »
Very disappointing... yet not surprising at all, especially when we consider some of the things posted by a segment of our forum's population.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Boze

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 06:43:03 pm »
Surprise, surprise.
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Mar10 - Diagnosis; cd4 690 - VL 19,000
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jun10 - started Atripla ; VL 113
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Aug 10 - UD, CD4 810, 52%
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 06:47:29 pm »
Surprise, surprise.

Not a surprise at all, Bozelle. When I saw this thread in the LW index, I immediately thought of you. :)

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 06:50:58 pm »
It's almost as if he didn't read the fine print.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 06:57:04 pm »
I couldn't figure this survey out when I saw it on JMG this morning.  First, the headline says it is about unprotected anal sex
"Two-thirds of US gay men believe that it should be illegal for an HIV-positive man to have unprotected anal sex without disclosure"

But the body of the report doesn't distinguish and could apply to anal, oral, frottage... (holding hands
???  emoticon points!  ;))
"Overall, 65% of men believed that it should be illegal for HIV-positive individuals to have unprotected sex without disclosure"

The journal says it employs peer review, but is anyone familiar with the quality of the research it publishes?

It would be interesting to see how they recruited survey participants -- it says an internet survey and there can be considerable self selection among responders if the survey recruitment indicated the topic...

Does anyone have a link to the actual paper? -- I couldn't find it on the journal site.
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 06:59:46 pm »
An interesting excerpt from the article Ms. P. posted:

"In addition, those who were least comfortable with their sexual orientation were most likely to endorse criminalisation."

This would stand to reason - particularly given some of the "members" (funny how a word can have more then one meaning depending on one's opinion of a person) -  I have seen on these Forums who reinforce stigma against gays, against HIV, and fail to support equality.  Those persons should truly be ashamed of themselves.  But if they can't shame themself, I have no problem doing it for them.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Boze

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 07:17:06 pm »

An interesting excerpt from the article Ms. P. posted:

"In addition, those who were least comfortable with their sexual orientation were most likely to endorse criminalisation."

This would stand to reason - particularly given some of the "members" (funny how a word can have more then one meaning depending on one's opinion of a person) -  I have seen on these Forums who reinforce stigma against gays, against HIV, and fail to support equality.  Those persons should truly be ashamed of themselves.  But if they can't shame themself, I have no problem doing it for them.

Baiting noted, ignored. You are right, majority of population is wrong. You should have every right to have unprotected sex w/o disclosure - maybe even get a medal for it.
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Mar10 - Diagnosis; cd4 690 - VL 19,000
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jun10 - started Atripla ; VL 113
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Aug 10 - UD, CD4 810, 52%
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:34:56 pm »
Baiting noted, ignored. You are right, majority of population is wrong. You should have every right to have unprotected sex w/o disclosure - maybe even get a medal for it.

Firstly how can you ignore something you have noted? The second part of your response is an excellent example of the fallacy argumentum ad populum.

MtD

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:35:40 pm »

Where the fuck do you get "majority of population" from the article?  It says majority of US gay men - and we don't even know if it majority - it is the majority of those who participated in the study.  Unless your statement that "majority of population" is your way of acknowledging in some crazy way that the majority of the population is gay.

Once again, you take a statement and make a blanket statement out of it (are you related to Linus from Charlie Brown?  I'm beginning to think so, as much as you like blanket statements.

No where did I say whether someone should or shouldn't have unprotected sex with or without disclosure - oh, but I forgot, you are the GREAT BOZE and you see what you want to see, you represent the majority, you are all knowing....

If you are going to comment on my posts READ THEM CORRECTLY - don't misinterpret them or add things that I didn't say.  --- Now that is a blanket statement.

September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 07:40:03 pm »
The sample size is 1,725 or so.  I don't know if it is projectable to the pop of U.S. gay men.  Even if it isn't, it's disappointing. 

And who has time for a 70-minute online survey?

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 08:21:44 pm »
People still argue whether gays make up just 2%, 10%, or higher.  How do they know the stats on this issue as others have questioned?  It gets hard polling (no pun intended) gays because many are in the closet and then there are the millions married to women and living double-lives. 

On the topic, I find people often are for criminal laws until it hits home for them.  I suppose this is the same as families who are against gays until they have a son/daughter who is gay. 

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 08:28:42 pm »

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:30:17 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 09:48:05 pm »

I am so tired of your passive-aggressive non-arguments, that I suggest we simply ignore anything you might say. You are unable to have an honest discussion, without making blanket statements and I think we would all be better off, just ignoring you.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 10:50:59 pm »
The sample size is 1,725 or so.  I don't know if it is projectable to the pop of U.S. gay men.  Even if it isn't, it's disappointing. 

And who has time for a 70-minute online survey?

seriously.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 10:55:32 pm »

On the topic, I find people often are for criminal laws until it hits home for them.  I suppose this is the same as families who are against gays until they have a son/daughter who is gay. 

Testify!

Welcome Thread

Granny60

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 12:08:16 am »
What a shocker -- seems the closeted Southern cocksucker buys into this stuff the most.  ;) ::) [emoticons employed for extra effect -- insert $3]

source

HIV AND CRIMINAL LAW
Michael Carter
Published: 21 September 2010

Two-thirds of US gay men believe that it should be illegal for an HIV-positive man to have unprotected anal sex without disclosure, investigators report in the October edition of AIDS Care.

What a load of Horse Shit!  Same 2/3rds that don't want to use any protection themselves and want to be able to point the finger at someone else if they get the "bug".

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 04:31:03 am »
You guys continually trot this around like it should be a no brainer.  Frankly, if the person who infected me had told me (I have no way of knowing if they knew in the first place) then I would've definitely changed course and possibly not even had sex with them I'll admit.  Definitely would have insisted on a condom had I decided to however.  I do think that a better message to send would be "Safe Sex Always!", but if criminalization had any affect on infection rates then bring it on.

Back to the matter at hand now that I am positive I do believe that criminalization is a bit well, petty.  You can't place the blame on one party.  That is something that takes a lot of time to come around to and you know it.  The emphasis here should be on intent, if someone was knowingly positive and frankly just unconcerned with whether they were infecting other people I wish I could throw the book at them personally.  Proving that in a court of law would seem to be impossible.

Prime Example: http://cbs11tv.com/local/HIV.infection.trial.2.1022825.html

This guy.  He tested positive, was not on meds, never disclosed and proceeded to infect a lot of women.  Yes they should have insisted on condoms, regardless he knew he was exposing them to the virus.  He should be punished for what he did.  Feel free to rant at me I know my moderate beliefs and understanding of both sides (not mindlessly agreeing with the crowd) hurts my popularity here, but frankly I just don't care.

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 06:05:19 am »
What a shocker -- seems the closeted Southern cocksucker buys into this stuff the most.

Great way to begin a rational dispassionate discussion.  Nice troll.
It's a complex world

Offline john33

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 06:50:31 am »

Calm down guy's!! He's back to his old tricks again.

I suggest we don't give him the satisfaction, any longer, of letting him know if he's annoying us or not. Clearly he finds it titillating, if we ignore him maybe he'll either calm down or go away

John

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 09:44:29 am »
Great way to begin a rational dispassionate discussion.  Nice troll.

The moment you contribute something of substance to any discussion is the moment you'll be qualified to call someone else a troll.

Do let us know when that moment arrives.

MtD

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 10:34:40 am »
a real shocker (NOT)   ;)

I agree with Miss P, the closeted southern fagz love to buy into this sh*t.   I see online ads ALL the time saying "I will b/b with Negative guys"  and "DDF or Clean only"....then you read their "into" list and it includes fisting, water sports, pig play....you get the drift.  Also, in digging a little deeper, I find lots of guys who have "dual" ads, one that states they are neg (or NO ANSWER) and one that states positive...with different photos, etc.   That's the way the fagz roll here in Dixie...

Let's put ALL the responsibility on the poz guys, none on anyone else.  So far, how's that workin' out?  Not too well, I think....
 :-\
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 11:17:49 am »
I find it very interesting that most "DDF or Clean only" ads also will say they are into cream-pie-butt-spunking/ass-seeding, piss-drinking, cum eating, and ass licking, yet they all claim, they are or want  "DDF or Clean only" now if that's not a double standard, I don't know what is  ::)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:22:07 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 11:43:20 am »
The moment you contribute something of substance to any discussion is the moment you'll be qualified to call someone else a troll.

Do let us know when that moment arrives.

MtD

Go fuck yourself. 

The moment has arrived.  Again.
It's a complex world

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 11:46:33 am »
Go fuck yourself. 

The moment has arrived.  Again.

Sorry.  What moment?
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 12:15:41 pm »
In the CBS 11 report the irony of the line:

"I would rather have cancer because you could tell people you have cancer," said another woman. 

is perhaps, all that needs to be said.
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline David Evans

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 01:31:16 pm »
Cut the expletives and the personal digs! Several of you are seriously nearing warning territory.

Look, HIV transmission laws have sometimes been pursued in many states and countries in a hatefully AIDS-phobic and homophobic manner. That's just a fact. A quick stroll through Google can verify it. Simply look at the quotes in news accounts made by some (though not all) people who have promoted these laws and put them on the books. What's more, the ways that some of these laws have come into effect, or been prosecuted, has contributed to a dangerous perspective that people with HIV are dirty, nasty, irresponsible and less worthy of legal protection than others. Again, this is not disputable. You can argue about the degree or frequency that this has occurred, but you can't argue about whether it occurred in the first place.

I've noticed that any time someone starts a discussion thread on this issue from that perspective, or bemoans the frightening trend to legally prosecute HIV-positive people, the thread quickly disintegrates into a flame war about personal responsibility.

So I've got a suggestion. If a thread gets started by someone who is expressing their concern or disgust about the way that people with HIV get blamed and persecuted, then let's continue the thread in that vein. Hijacking the thread and turning it into a debate about personal responsibility is disrespectful to those concerns. It creates an unsafe space for HIV-positive people to share their legitimate worries about the potential effect of these laws. That's pretty antithetical to the reason that the Forums were built in the first place.

If you disagree that such concerns are warranted, or feel that personal responsibility always trumps the risk of unfair persecution, then I strongly suggest that you refrain from posting in that thread. If you must, then go to a thread where personal responsibility was the point from the get go. Sharing your opinions isn't convincing anyone to your side, it ends up being inflammatory and leads to the same thing every time: bitchy exchanges that are more about the personalities than the principles. At best this is annoying and disrespectful to the person who started the thread. At worst, it is real disincentive to new people becoming involved in the Forums.

David

Granny60

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 02:49:01 pm »
In the CBS 11 report the irony of the line:

"I would rather have cancer because you could tell people you have cancer," said another woman. 

is perhaps, all that needs to be said.

point well made. and Having a husband that has had cancer we have had the experience of how compassionate people are when they find out a cancer diagnosis. Nobody gets their house burned down for cancer. 

Offline eric48

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 03:22:00 pm »
Right on ! This one possible strategy in life

Do not disclose the NASTY virus thing if you feel you have to explain fatigue/hospital visits/blood work/meds

Tell them you have something else

SUBSTITUTE

Tell people you have Diabetes and they will feel sorry for you...

Tell them you have HIV and they will thing you'r an idiot (at best)

Actually, I got that from a nurse at the lab, she looked at the list of exams to perform (which OBVIOUSLY included CD4...) and she kept telling me about my blood sugar and how potentially dangerous that is etc.

Worked on me... I'm using the trick when I feel I need to 'talk'

Eric

NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 03:38:49 pm »
Strangers? Co Workers who are not friends? Maybe.

But living a lie is living in shame. In the case of sexual partners, it is also, in  many states, actionable.

Yes, we must work to decriminalize HIV. But we live in the here and now, and if you think being thought of as an idiot is scary, imagine having your face plastered in area newspapers, and going to trial - even if no infection took place.

That happened last year here in GA.

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.