Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:16:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 247
Total: 248

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV diagonsis  (Read 11551 times)

Offline viky19992000

HIV diagonsis
« on: May 12, 2009, 05:05:35 am »
3 days back i hd an unprotected sex... since then there is itching in my penis.. during the intercourse i had spill out the sperm outside.. still i hv chances to get HIV.. pls help me.

Offline RapidRod

Re: HIV diagonsis
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:10:12 am »
You put yourself at risk so you will need to test. You can test at 6 weeks and if the test is negative you will need to have it confirmed at week 12.

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 05:35:47 am »
i m not hving HIV.. but can single and first time unprotected sex can make me HIV +ve

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 06:01:30 am »
viky,

Yes, a one-time unprotected encounter could end up with you being hiv positive. It's not likely, but it is possible.

Make sure you take your itchy penis to the doctor. That sounds like one of the bacterial STIs.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 08:01:33 am »
does other STI are curable not like HIV.. and as i mentioned that i discharge the sperm outside not inside.. still is it possible.. thanks for your help

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 08:16:10 am »
Viky,

It doesn't matter where you ejaculated (discharged the sperm). What matters is that you put your unprotected penis inside someone's vagina.

Not all other STIs are curable. Herpes isn't, and some others, like gonorrhea, have developed strains that are resistant to antibiotics and can be difficult to cure.

Don't take chances - start using condoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 12:07:15 pm »
today the burning sensation of my penis is less, as i m taking lot of water.. but there is very slight burning at right side of my cock.. do u think it will be STI

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 12:28:00 pm »
Viky,

You have a burning sensation in your penis after unprotected intercourse and you still haven't been to see a doctor about it? What's wrong with you? Go see a doctor. We cannot diagnose you over the internet and we won't even try. Bacterial STIs don't go away on their own, but you may stop having symptoms. GO SEE A DOCTOR!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 12:39:38 pm »
today i consultated the doctor, she prescribed for the HIV/VDPL/Hepatis B / Urine culture... if STD is positive, does HIV is possible

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 01:41:19 pm »
If it turns out that you have acquired an STD that does not mean you've also acquired HIV.

As you have been told previously, having intercourse without a condom is definitely risky. So you need to get tested at 13 weeks for a conclusively reliable and hopefully negative result. You can test initially for HIV at 6 weeks. If you get a negative that's a very good indication that you are likely to continue to test negative.

For future reference you need to commit for your own sake to using a condom everytime you have intercourse. They provide very effective protection but only if you wear them. Everytime.
Andy Velez

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 11:50:56 am »
Thanks.. the HIV and Heptatis B is negative.. the VDLA result is awaited along with Urine culture

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 01:10:28 pm »
A negative result is always a happy thing, even if it's an early one.

Good luck when you re-test.
Andy Velez

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 01:21:52 pm »
what is the HIV transmission changes from women to man ? what is the minimum test period to get confirmation of postive

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 03:11:13 pm »
We don't get into quantifying with statistics here. What I can tell you with some certainty is that the risk to a female to male transmission is very significantly less than the other way around. You can test initially at 6 weeks if you wish. Since the average time to seroconversion is 22 days and all but the smallest number of those who will sero-convert do so within 4-6 weeks, a negative at 6 weeks is very, very encouraging.

But to be absolutely certain you would need to re-test at 13 weeks.
Andy Velez

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 11:38:49 am »
Thanks Andy, during the window period of 13 weeks , can we have sex to have child ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 11:46:13 am »
Although I expect you will very likely test negative, that's not the same thing as a negative test result in hand.

You did have some (low) risk, so prudence dictates that going ahead with getting your wife pregnant should be held off until you get your negative result.

Andy Velez

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 03:09:59 pm »
if i do the family planning operation, will it help to HIV transmission ?
one more, first i had an oral sex and then intercourse.. will the saliva help to protect HIV ?
i have VDPL test negative ? does it mean i do not have STI?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 07:20:47 pm »
I don't know what family planning operation you are talking about.

What I do see is that you are mixing things up and making them unnecessarily complicated. You had a very low level risk. Once you have tested negative at 13 weeks past the risky incident, which is what I expect to be your result, you will have an all clear as far as HIV is concerned. Anything before that is just guessing.

We do not address other STDs here. Our focus is on HIV. How about asking your lab or doctor about your VDPL test and making sure it covered all STDs.
Andy Velez

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 02:19:04 pm »
Dear Andy,
i have completed three months.. but i am scared of going for testing !!! frankly i am scared life after test.... i m not able to concentrate on my works... pls help and guide...

i have gained weight and no flu.. no fever since three months.. but certainly itchy penis is present...
await your valuable support and guidance
viky

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 04:47:38 pm »
Vik,

Just get tested and get it over with. You will not be permitted to use this website to moan about your inability to look after your sexual health. And speaking of which, see someone about your itchy penis. While hiv won't cause  your penis to itch, other STIs might.

Get tested and get it over with. And also get tested for all the other sexually transmitted infections while you're at it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 05:08:52 am »
I have got test report.
HIV 1/HIV 2 ANTIBODY & p 24 ANTIGEN COMBO TEST (CMIA)     Index Value 0.25
Result: Non Reactive; 
Not able to understand.. i am having an appointment with doctor this weekend.. Await your valuable reply

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 05:55:16 am »
You don't have HIV.

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 07:42:48 am »
Thanks !! do i need to test once again.. the above results are after 22 weeks of exposure

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 08:53:41 am »
You have reliably tested negative. You are HIV negative. There is no need for further testing or concern. Period.

Get on with your life and just make sure that you use condoms everytime you have vaginal and/or anal intercourse.
Andy Velez

Offline viky19992000

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 01:31:25 pm »
Thanks Andy ! you people are really working extermely excellent !! creating the awareness .... educating people and you are so friendly..... May God bless you all !!!! I promise with my own experience I wlll start a campaign for HIV/AIDS Awareness !!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 01:51:47 pm »
Good. And just make sure campaign begins with your own committment to always use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.