Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:58:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 224
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is there something wrong with the site??  (Read 14429 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Is there something wrong with the site??
« on: October 23, 2009, 06:30:28 pm »

Its taking forever, for the pages to load.  It's only happening on this site.  Is anyone else experiencing problems. It is SLOwwwwwwwwww.

Or is it just at my end ?

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Is there something wrong with the site??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 06:41:37 pm »
No problems here, Ray! Hope you get it sorted.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 06:46:03 pm »

Ray,

Mine has been loading fine.  Perhaps we are getting a lot of traffic from Clearwater today.  It is Friday night ya know? ;)

Seriously though I am having some kind of issue when I post.  If my reply is more than one paragraph long when I type it causes the screen area where I type to shift up and down.  I'm one of those people who have to look at what I am typing while I type it and this makes it kind of difficult.  Editing, believe it or not I do proof read sometimes, can be very difficult because it will do the same thing when I try to remove something and I end up deleting the whole thing.  It's nothing related to my medicinal use either....  
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 06:52:04 pm »

Seriously though I am having some kind of issue when I post. 

This seems to be a problem with Internet Explorer. I use FireFox and have no problems. There's even a plug-in you can add to FireFox that will retrieve a lost post. You can also install a built-in spell-checker plug-in that checks your spelling as you type. IE sucks a big nasty one and I would never use it again. ;D

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 07:18:13 pm »
hey skeebo, it's not an IE bug but it is an "IE issue". ;) I answered this one a while ago. I can't remember exactly when cause it was probably over a year ago but it doesn't matter.  ::)  :D

Supposedly it means that some of html standard isn't being followed; but I found it happened everyway after I upgraded to IE8 ;D

you need to set IE 8 compatability view by clicking the icon next to the address bar that looks like a broken piece of paper.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 07:24:11 pm »
Tom,

What Leatherman said.  It's a compatibility issue. Just click on that icon to the right of the address bar, and you can solve that problem.  ou must be using Internet explorer 8.

However, I am having a hell of a time with the site loading.  It's taking anywhere from 45 seconds to a minute for forum or a topic to open.

I will have to try later !

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 07:33:55 pm »
have you tried a reboot Ray? my ComputerTutor adage is "when in doubt, reboot"

or maybe you have a dodgy connection right now. things are okay from out here in rural SC.  ;) ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 11:50:49 pm »

well color me embarassed.  I posted a new topic in the Living With....and by the time it printed out close to 30 minutes had lapsed.  As they say, timing is everything and incredibly those 30 minutes flumoxed me and my post.  Oh well.  I chalked it up to my dial-up. Combined with Ray's post here, I'd say there is something slow going on around here and it needs to be fixed.

robert

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 12:13:31 am »
those 30 minutes flumoxed me and my post.
I always always always write my posts offline in a txt editor, then copy-n-paste to post it.

Not only does that prevent some sites from timing me out and making all my typing just vanish, but I've been known to accidentally bump the back button on my mouse and throw away everything I wrote all by myself. ::)

and if it's an exceptionally long post I'm working on (and many might argue that nearly all of my posts are too long LOL), then I save the txt file occasionally as I'm working on it. (Plus I like my spell check better because I can teach it to like words like "tcells" :D ) Power outages, dogs unplugging the power cord, stupid computer freezes up - none of those make me lose more than just a sentence or two anymore. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 12:16:03 am »

Well my problem has been solved.  Thanks guys!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 07:56:13 am »
Well, I still say that if you guys dump that crappy IE and get FireFox, you won't have these problems. One of the reasons I finally got FireFox is because IE had slowed to a crawl - and I no longer had that problem with FF. I thought my slowed-down-download problem was the site or my internet connection, but it wasn't, it was IE. And the post recovery plug in that you can get for FF is a life-saver - I don't have to worry about writing in another program and C&Ping or copying a post before I hit send anymore. It's not often that I lose a post in FF anyway, but just the other day I hit something I shouldn't have and a post vanished. (and of course, that only ever happens when it's a long post...) I right clicked and chose "recover text" and could choose from over a dozen recent posts. It's great! I can't recommend FF highly enough. My only regret is that I didn't download and start using FF ages ago.

Give FireFox a try. You probably won't regret it - I haven't!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 09:18:38 am »
i tired FF for a while but since I already had a free browser (IE) and limited memory on that old computer I figured why did I need two programs doing the same things. And I still believe that 5 computers and about 10 yrs later. ;)

Personally, anytime anyone says that they are having a slowing-down issue with their computer, the ComputerTutor (leatherman's alter-ego when he works part-time - think GeekSquad, 3 yrs before BestBuy thought of GeekSquad ;D )  suggests Spybot and CCleaner to clean up and fix up all your computer woes. I have a ton of clients that can attest to my methods. Updating and running spybot and ccleaner once a month keeps the bugs away too.

Oh, and for antivirus, dump the crappy norton and mccaffee and get AntiVir. It's free but requires you to click the OK on the notice every day or two when it updates.

But don't tell anyone that I just told you this. To install all this and clean a system for the first time usually takes about 2 hours (I teach my clients all about email safety and how to download free music while the scans run  :D) and charge $35 bucks an hour.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline David_CA

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 09:35:01 am »
I had a problem a while back on two computers where pages from ...poz.com would not load.  This happened only in FireFox.  I update FireFox, uninstalled / reinstalled, etc until I realized that things were fine in IE.  Initially, I thought that perhaps this site was blocked... I was at work where this happened.  I worked with somebody from poz.com via PM's (in IE).  I gave up on it until a few months later, and it worked fine.  I work on PC's for a living (workstations, servers, software, OS's, applications, etc) every day, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing.   ;)

IE may suck sometimes for some people, but in my experiences, it is consistent!  Firefox is nice in that it has plug-ins and a spell checker.  IE8 has one that can be installed, too.  Otherwise, besides some problems with a virus on one notebook and having to restart our router, things are working just accessing this site.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 03:26:53 pm »
 ???

Well,... I am on my XP computer now, been messing around with the other one all day. I put it back to the condition I bought it in, reinstalled all the updates, and still no luck !! I only have problems with this site. I've tried everything I know.

Beats the heck out of me !!   ???

Edited to add, I do use firefox. it doesn't work in firefox or IE8

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 07:44:37 pm »
Ray, is it just this site that loads slow? Are you having any other issues? have you gone to one of the news sites (like cnn.com or msnbc.com) to see if those load slowly too?  that is really odd if it's just this site; sut I'm trying to think of what other suggests to give you.  ;) Unfortunately, it's got to be your computers or your connection that's having the problem.  :-X
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 08:22:10 pm »
Ray, is it just this site that loads slow? Are you having any other issues?   :-X

The problem is only on this site. I can watch youtube, with no problem, I can go to all sites in my bookmarks and have no problems. I can go to the news broadcasts.  I can go to other forums, with no problems.

The images and ads, are not showing up here.  They have that red X in the left postion of where the ad is.

I thought the XP computer was fine, but now, thats doing the same thing.  It takes about 45 seconds for any forum or topic to open up. and when I click send on this post, it will take about 45 seconds before it post. 

Very frustrating.  I was on the phone with Verizon.  They checked my upload and download speeds.  There was no problem at all, with the DSL.

The only thing the the site loads fast, is just the top of the page:

HOME---ALL ABOUT---PREVENTION---TREATMENT--NEWS--COMMUNITY--ABOUT--EN ESPANOL--POZ MAGAZINE.  ( And some of the script above that)  After that displays, the rest takes 45 seconds or so.

??? ???

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 08:46:23 pm »
The images and ads, are not showing up here.  They have that red X in the left postion of where the ad is.

HOME---ALL ABOUT---PREVENTION---TREATMENT--NEWS--COMMUNITY--ABOUT--EN ESPANOL--POZ MAGAZINE. 
well if the page loading was going slow, the page would load first, then pix. so if there was a timeout (from the slow speed), you would get the page but only X's for the pic.

at other times when this site itself has been a little wonky, its done that to me, along with only loading the top half of the page - that's a sign of it timing out before it gets to the database entry to display this thread

i would ask if you had installed anything new; but you already restored it so that answers that.

there is one more thing that comes to mind that I could suggest right now. perhaps it is some spyware (it could be on both PCs either through being connected to your same network at home, or because you visited the same site on both PCs), so have you tried running Spybot?

If I, as the ComputerTutor ;), was at your house that's what I would do next. If after an update and scan from Spybot (and maybe a reboot), if things were still screwy, I'd next do CTRL-ALT-DEL to see if something funny was running in the background. And if that wasn't the cure, I'd download and run hijackthis and look at the log to try to see what else could be running hidden in the background.

I know your looking at this with that screwiness going on, so sorry I didn't have a faster answer and fix for you.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 08:56:40 pm »
It's only this site that is doing it and has been for a couple of days.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 09:59:13 pm »
wonder what is causing it for some people then? I've had absolutely no problems at all. That's why I've been offering all the suggestions of how I would handle this if Ray was one of my clients.

I'd still recommend using Spybot and CCleaner (and AntiVir) no matter what. Spybot is the bomb cause it's Immunization function will block a ton of problems from ever affecting your system in the first place. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 11:04:22 pm »
wonder what is causing it for some people then? I've had absolutely no problems at all. That's why I've been offering all the suggestions of how I would handle this if Ray was one of my clients.

I'd still recommend using Spybot and CCleaner (and AntiVir) no matter what. Spybot is the bomb cause it's Immunization function will block a ton of problems from ever affecting your system in the first place. ;)
I use Norton Internet Security and Spybot.

Offline Dennis

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 11:46:44 pm »
Try starting your computer in safe mode with networking. If everything is working fine than it is definitely on your computer.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 11:49:39 pm »

I haven't noticed any problems lately either at home or at work.  I use XP at both locations, though it's loading fine on my Windows7 notebook as well.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline Dennis

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 12:01:49 am »
In the past, I've also run the netstat command in safe mode to determine if there was a virus or spyware slowing down my connection.

To run netsat...

Go to start /run. Type in CMD to open command prompt window.

When the command prompt window is open type "netstat" w/o the "".

You'll get all the open ports. To many established or listening port while in safe mode could signal a virus.

How to read netstat results:
http://www.dti.ulaval.ca/webdav/site/sit/shared/Librairie/di/operations/informatique/windows/netstat_results.htm

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 06:38:36 am »
Hubby and I have done tons of research on 3 different computers for the last 4 or 5 days and this is the only site that's giving me hassles. :-\  It's taking forever to load - think "7 items remaining" - and then forever to post.  Instead of ever loading those 7 remaining items, all I'm getting are various shaped boxes with red Xs in them.

Skeebo, glad you got your issue worked out.  I was going to suggest you PM Moonlight.  She's the one who straightened out all the women's jumpy screens.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 06:54:29 am »

Thanks for the advice everyone. Still no dice. My 2 home computers are not networked together.

I am primarily, on my HP vista.  The only time I use the other computer, is once a month when I do updates through Microsoft Updates. ( Second Tuesday of the month) other than that, it's not connected to the other computer.

All I do is connect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and ethernet cable , to get these updates.

I've checked in Programs and features, nothing seems wrong, or out of the ordinary .  I've checked in running processes and services nothing seems strange there either. I have about 52 running processes in Vista.

I am also running Norton Antiviris 2010. I tried disabling Norton and the Windows firewall, for a brief minute, to see if that would do anything.

I've allowed cookies from this site.

All this started either Wednesday morning, or Thursday morning.

I've also noticed, when I  click onto the forums through the bookmarks, the following messages flash in the status bar, lower left corner:

The first thing it flashes is transferring data from forum . poz . com

it then momentarily flashes transferring from AD. Poz .Com

Then it flashes transferring from ssl google- anylytics . Com ( never noticed this before)

Finally, it flashes connecting to www . poz . com, and then it finally connects. Once again, this process takes about 45 seconds to one minute, and it does it on both computers.

All other sites are fine.

I am still playing around, to see what I can find.

Dennis , I tried what you suggested and typed netstat into the command prompt.

I have 4 items listed in there (TCP) all "established" I will have to figure out what those mean, but I don't think that' a problem.

I am still wondering if it has anything to do with the 13 updates , this past Tuesday.

However, when I put the Vista back to factory condition yesterday, and installed service pack 2 ( I have the disk),  I held off with the addition 30 updates to see if th problems still existed trying to connect to this site.  The problems/ delays, were there before I installed the addition updates.   ???

I'm going to continue to see what I can do. I ran Malwarebytes, and Spybot, everything showed clean. Did a full Norton Scan, everything is clean. There is nothing in quarantine.

The thing that puzzles me the most , is the body . com is fine The computer forums that I frequently go to are fine. All sites are fine, getting to , and quick.

I'le keep working on it !  :P

Thanks again---Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 11:51:09 am »

For the time being( until I fiind a solution), I downloaded the Opera Browser. I turned on the Turbo portion of it, and everything is speeding right along. It's working great right now !!

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 12:35:20 pm »
Beginning about a year ago, I had a problem where going to the Poz.com site would immediately trigger an error message and close my browser.  After about four months, it went as mysteriously as it came.  I was using IE7 on Windows 98 at the time.

I know, not much help there, just saying that sometimes the site does weird things.

I love my new Vista machine, by the way.  Plays porn vids and everything now.    ;D
It's a complex world

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 12:45:58 pm »
I turned on the Turbo portion of it, and everything is speeding right along. It's working great right now !!
glad to hear you found a work-around, Ray. ;) I've still been thinking about the issue but don't have any other thought/suggestions. Obviously it was something screwy with the browser though rather than the site. If I have any more suggestions for a fix, I'll be sure to let you know.

Plays porn vids and everything now.
As long as aidmeds and the p0rn is coming through then everything's fine with the world. LOL ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 01:07:04 pm »
Hi guys...

Before you all drive yourself crazy, let me have our IT guys troubleshoot things from our end.

Will follow up with everyone tomorrow.

Hang in there,

Tim

Offline Imnew2this

• I'm stronger because of it
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 04:54:59 pm »
I too am having trouble with the site.  The forums are slow, but I can't even access the personals sections.  It's persisted now for a few days.  All other sites are working quite nicely.  I think it's a poz.com problem. 

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 10:35:04 am »
Hi gang...

We checked the Forums on Internet Explorer 6 and it seems to be running okay. Additionally, we've cleared some old logs and have run table optimization.

Could those of you who were/are having difficulties provide me with an update? And if you're still having problems, could you let me know which browser and version you're using?

Thanks everyone,

Tim

Offline David_CA

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 05:49:17 pm »
Hi gang...

We checked the Forums on Internet Explorer 6 and it seems to be running okay. Additionally, we've cleared some old logs and have run table optimization.

Could those of you who were/are having difficulties provide me with an update? And if you're still having problems, could you let me know which browser and version you're using?

Thanks everyone,

Tim

No problems here.  I use IE 6, 7, and 8 and Firefox at work and IE 6 and 8 and Firefox at home (different internet providers and different pc's) with no problems.  The problems folks are describing are what I experienced a while back at work on Firefox that sort of resolved itself.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 07:18:54 pm »
Tim,

I am still having problem accessing the site through either Internet Explorer 8, or firefox 3.5.3.  It's still taking about 45 seconds, for any page to load.

Everything is fine, while using the opera browser-- Version 10.0( with Turbo turned on).

I don't know what's going on, because I can go to a handful of other forums, log in and have no problems what so ever.   ??? Once again,  all other sites load quickly.

I am going to contact Verizon again tomorrow, and have someone physically come out to the house, and check things over,  although Verizon has already told me, there is nothing wrong with my internet connection.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 07:37:09 pm »
Thanks for the follow up, Ray. I'm going to keeping looking into this -- maybe its an IE8 problem, but David's note suggests that this might not be the problem.

Anybody else??? The more information I have to go on, the better.

Tim

Offline Imnew2this

• I'm stronger because of it
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 09:37:31 pm »
I am using Mozilla Firefox as well.  Still unable to access the personals, even when using Internet Explorer.  The message I get is "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" and "The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."  The aidsmeds site is also still running slowly, but maybe not as slow as it was over the weekend.  Takes at least 20 to 25 seconds to load a page.  I'm having no problems with any other site I visit.  Hope this helps. 

???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 04:40:39 am »
IE 8 not loading Header or Bottom Banner or the advertisements under search to the bottom left hand side of page.

NOT LOADING...THE FOLLOWING..

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:54:07 am by iana5252 »

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 06:49:18 am »
I'm using IE - whatever the latest version is - via cable internet.  This is the only site that I'm having problems with.  It's painfully slow to load and then doesn't load everything.  At least now it'll let me type a post while it's still attempting to load images (which turn out to be empty boxes with red "X"s in them.  I've tried logging on using different computers and I get the same result - other sites are fine, and this one is slow and incomplete.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline David_CA

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 08:26:11 am »
Tim,
I'm wondering if some of the problems may be that some folks don't have some of the files from the personals site cached.  I tried the forums on IE8 on a work pc that I've never used to access the forums and it worked fine, but I couldn't access the personals.  It would never load once I entered a user name and password.  This pc, which I have used for the personals before logs in but hangs when I click to read messages.  I just tried again on the 'new to the forums' pc and it wouldn't load the forums page at http://forums.poz.com.  It obviously works on this pc using Firefox 3.0.11 with cached files.  Perhaps clearing all temporary internet files / cache and deleting cookies will replicate the problem for you guys. 
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 11:04:21 am »
Hi Guys...

I think David is on to something here, given that we're not seeing consistency in the load errors, compounded by the fact that none of you are having problems with other sites.

If you guys wanted mind cleaning up your cookie cache to see if it helps, I'd appreciate it. Load errors are somewhat common among frequent POZ/AIDSmeds/Forums visitors and I've also found that cleaning out an over-abundance of cookies greatly reduces load errors.

Check out WkiHow's review of cookie clearing: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cookies

I suggest removing certain cookies manually. If you delete all of your cookies -- your browser's options likely makes this very easy -- a lot of your automatic logins and passwords will need to re-entered for the various websites you visit.

Look for any cookie that has forums.poz.com and ads.poz.com in the file's internet address and delete it manually. While you're at it, you may also want to delete other ad server files, including those with eyeblaster, pointroll or doubleclick in either file's name or internet address. This may help speed things up on other sites as well.

If I can be of any help in a one-on-one capacity, please PM me or e-mail me (editors@aidsmeds.com).

Tim

Offline randym431

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 04:19:33 pm »
Hey Ray
Might be your ISP.
I know mediacom acts like that when they are doing maint @ 3am (when I usually am on).
Then later around 8am, things fly right along.

Or.. MS is trying to make everyone upgrade to Win7?  ;D
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline David_CA

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 09:11:07 pm »
Hey Ray
Might be your ISP.
I know mediacom acts like that when they are doing maint @ 3am (when I usually am on).
Then later around 8am, things fly right along.

Or.. MS is trying to make everyone upgrade to Win7?  ;D

Maybe they are!  I've been running a real version of Win7 Professional for about three weeks now.  It is MUCH faster than previous OS's in terms of opening sites like (poz) forums, Youtube, and XTube.  Of course, this notebook has a dual core processor with 4 gigs of RAM.  I have never accessed these forums until today with IE8 as a test using this system.  There were no cached files or cookies 'til now, so it's definitely a clean system.  It is is doiny the jumpy thing, though, which is quite annoying.  IE6 is just SO stable.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:13:18 pm by David_NC »
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 09:17:48 pm »
It is is doiny the jumpy thing, though, which is q

fff
n
thank goodness you remembered to click the compat button, huh? LOL  ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 09:29:14 pm »
Works fine on OS X 10.5.8 and Safari 4.0.3
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline David_CA

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2009, 10:54:30 am »
thank goodness you remembered to click the compat button, huh? LOL  ;D
Actually, I did click it.  It made no difference.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2009, 11:33:52 am »
Actually, I did click it.  It made no difference.
crap! still havng jumpy textboxes?!? I better start looking for yet another fix, before some client comes a-crying  :D
So that's IE8 on Win7? Maybe MS will create yet another compatability button  ::)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline David_CA

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 03:10:53 pm »
crap! still havng jumpy textboxes?!? I better start looking for yet another fix, before some client comes a-crying  :D
So that's IE8 on Win7? Maybe MS will create yet another compatability button  ::)
I generally use Firefox for this site out of habit.  I use IE6 at work and it doesn't have tabs like IE7 & 8 and Firefox.  Tabs reduce the clutter on my taskbar and make it easier to hide the forum!  ;)  I'll verify tonight that it's doing it with IE8 on Win7 with compatibility view.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 04:37:32 pm »
 The forum is now working correctly, everything is now loading.

Offline Clearwater71

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 04:42:57 pm »
Ray,
I could not get poz to load at all all weekend. Every other site,
just fine. Email just fine. Loaded up just fine today though. I
blame it on bright house. There service has been hit
or miss lately.

Hope the problem fixes itself like it did for me.

Take Care,
Karl

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 07:56:33 pm »
Tim,

I Just now woke up, and turned the computer on.  I am also happy to say, that everything ( poz ) is loading fine now, in IE8, Firefox and the  Opera browser.

I was about ready to give up !! What did your  IT crew discover to be the problem?

Thanks ---Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 08:03:41 pm »
Ray,
I could not get poz to load at all all weekend. Every other site,
just fine. Email just fine. Loaded up just fine today though. I
blame it on bright house. There service has been hit
or miss lately.

Hope the problem fixes itself like it did for me.

Take Care,
Karl

And we were just about ready to make the switch from Verizon to Brighthouse.  Ed went today to check on the bundle package, of phone, internet (20 mbs download) and telephone.

Said the cost with taxes would be about $128.00 a month.  We still have the option for Verizon Fios, but, since things are working OK now ...   :) 

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.