Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:07:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 470
Total: 470

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: cd4 Before and now  (Read 7033 times)

Offline john

cd4 Before and now
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:14:34 am »

Hello to my new found family. I am newly diagnosed cd4 188 vl in the crapper. Just starting meds.
Anyway, I remember a link in the old forum that I have probably read at least 20 times. The link gave information on peoples numbers at the start of treatment and how they progressed. I would greatly appreciate any information on peoples progress on treatment. At this point I would be happy to be Undetectable and anywhere over 200, only time will tell.

Thanks, John
Jon be good

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: cd4 Before and now
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 12:01:35 pm »
Hello to my new found family. I am newly diagnosed cd4 188 vl in the crapper. Just starting meds.

hi John, welcome and good luck with the meds. Be strong, we're here for you. Remember that everybody's progress is different because every body (literally, everyone's blood) is unique. I went to cd4 419 from 42 so of course I say thank God for hospitals and HAART and of course this website for the comfort and info it gives me

stay strong, drnk lots of water and vegetables and relax alot

Alex

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 03:31:26 am by allopathicholistic »

Offline franfrog

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:31:55 pm »
Hi John.  I was diagnosed when I landed in the hospital with PCP.  I had a cd count of 52 and vl well...... :'(  After being in the hospital for a month, I was at that time on my meds for three weeks, I had a follow up appt and my cd was 299 and vl 1900.   At my last visit, my 10 month mark, I had a cd count of 459 and vl undetectable.  :o
Like said though, everyone responds differently.  If you keep your spirits up and stick to your regiman you can also do very well.  I wish you luck and you have found a great place here with great people.
Fran   
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 12:35:39 pm »
Welcome John..
I have only been here a little over a month but you  hit it right on the head..this is a family here. they have helped me so much and i love everyone of them.
Good luck on your meds.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Markmt

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:37:27 pm »
Hi John, welcome to the forums. Regarding your question, Meds and progress works differently on people (like Alex stated) but i will give you an average on my numbers.

Started treatment Combivir Viramune Feb 2004 cd4 165 VL 220.000
                                       Last Labs Feb 2006 cd4  560 and remained below

50 copies after the first labs. I'm sorry I didn't have the complete chart available but there has been a constant regular rise on every 3/4 month lab check.I get my next results in a couple of weeks.  Adherence (in time, every time) is very important. Hope all goes well and take care

mark

"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline BooBoo

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 01:49:45 pm »
Hi John, welcome and good luck to you with your treatment.

Personally, I've been positive for 14 yrs and went on meds 8 yrs ago when my cd4 dropped to 250 and my VL went up to 159,000.  My VL became undetectable rather quickly and I have been undetectable ever since with the exception of a few months after my first combo failed (Viracept & Combivir).  I am currently taking Sustiva, Combivir & Viread.  I got my latest lab results on Wednesday and I'm happy to say that I'm still undetectable and my cd4 count is up to 976.....which is the highest it has ever been.

Good luck and I hope you have a great response to the meds as well.

Hugs,

Jim :)

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 04:53:25 pm »
Hi John,

Briefly here is my run down:

March 05 - CD4 of 22 and VL >100000, PCP and MAC (close to death)
March 06 - CD4 of 650 and VL <50 (woohoo)

On reyetaz, norvir and truvada.  No side effects and cannot be happier.  I feel better than I have felt in years!!!
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 08:20:38 pm »
Hello John,

I believe this is the link to which you are referring :

http://www.aidsmeds.com/Fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=19073&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Remember though, those threads are locked, and can't be added to anymore. I also placed my progress, on the bottom of my post, but I will run out of space soon . It's only 500 charactors.

The Best------Ray
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 08:23:20 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 09:36:33 pm »
Hey John,
Welcome to the family, glad you're here.

Like everyone else said, each person is different. People have made startling and amazing comebacks once starting the meds.

One thing I will caution you on is don't panic and don't become despondent should your numbers not react as quickly as you hope they do.

Some folks' CD4 counts rise quickly, others more slowly. Likewise, some folks' viral loads drop like a ton of bricks, others change more slowly.

Regardless, you have taken the first important step and that is to begin a treatment regimen. Have you decided which one you will start with as yet?

Please let us know what meds you are starting and how you are doing.

I will be pulling for you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 06:32:10 am »
Hi and welcome to a very friendly site! In 1984 my cd-4 count was 52. Now 22 years later they are 452. You will get better. No doubt!
Positive since 1985

Offline john

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 12:47:24 pm »
Ray, Thanks for posting that link!! I have been following your progress from the old boards until now. I am recently diagnosed and planning to be 100% adherent. I am praying your next labs to be UD and over 400t. I myself hope just to hit UD. and break 200. Anyway Cd counts from before and now are Truly Inspiring for all of us noobs.

Thanks,  John.
Jon be good

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.